Hi! I have recently bought a BlackBerry Passport. Soon after I began to use the phone, I followed cobalt's path to install android apps from google play store. But, like many others have previously noticed, I found that the android apps could not be completely deleted from the phone (i.e. you can always find them as installed whenever you enter the google play app in BB PP) even though they are deleted from phone. I explored that my phone also became slower. Disturbed, I security-wiped the phone. Then I thought of another way of installing android apps in BB PP: Downloading the apk from different websites e.g. www.hiapphere.com). Surprisingly, the apk's are being installed without any problem; no google play service is bothering, not sideloading is required, and no cobalt path has to be followed.

But, hey! I am not a tech genius; I can't even explain smartphone things using appropriate jergons. I surely am NOT the only person in the world who has tried this method for the first time. If anybody in the forum has/have followed the latter method, would you please share from your experience what problem I might face in future if I install and uninstall APKs from different websites. Just so you know, I understand such APKs are not 'so' secured things to install.

All I want is that I don't want to see any residue (like it used to be when I followed cobalt's path) of apps once I delete them from my phone. Man! That was horrifying. It was like I killed a rat and minute later I find the same rat hiding behind the closet and it was still ALIVE!!
    06-07-16 12:36 PM
    Some apps will work without Google Play Services... but there are many that will not.

Cobalt's solution opened up another level of compatibility that many of us needed. In app purchases work for many, databases work most times, and again apps that rely on other Google services work. But some in other markets might not....

And as you said... APK's from other sources are "at your own risk".

As for residue... From back it the pre-Cobalt days, residue is just how Android is. Not all folders or even files are deleted.
    06-07-16 02:42 PM
    OP, your problem of undeleted apps remain. It doesn't matter the source of your Android apps, it's the OS version you are on that is causing the problem.

There is still no better way than Cobalt's modified Google Play Store for obtaining apps.

First off, it will download the correct app version for our Android Runtime. Second, it downloads data files, and allows for app purchases, and in-app purchase.

Here is the link to correct the delete bug (use your browser on mobile mode and reboot after installation):

http://www.crackberry.com/if-youve-b...update-try-now
    06-07-16 02:48 PM
    You can use an apk called ghost commander, to get rid of unwanted android apk. :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 05:27 PM
    You can use an apk called ghost commander, to get rid of unwanted android apk. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Yes. IF you fix the Runtime first.
    06-07-16 05:31 PM
    Hello everyone I am on a passport version 10.3.2.2836 I try to download Cobalt's Google play store but can't download the files on the cloud to my phone am I doing something wrong ?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 07:35 PM
    Hello everyone I am on a passport version 10.3.2.2836 I try to download Cobalt's Google play store but can't download the files on the cloud to my phone am I doing something wrong ?

Posted via CB10
    Try using your PC and then copy the three files to your device.

If you use your phone's mobile browser instead, you have to add the apk extensions yourself.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    06-07-16 07:38 PM
    Thank you very much I will try that.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 07:39 PM
    Try using your PC and then copy the three files to your device.

If you use your phone's mobile browser instead, you have to add the apk extensions yourself.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    After u down load to your PC , attach phone to PC laptop and open File Explorer, then drag apps to phones download folder, then on phone go to downloads to press and hold until side menu pops up to show INSTALL?
    06-08-16 02:31 AM
    After u down load to your PC , attach phone to PC laptop and open File Explorer, then drag apps to phones download folder, then on phone go to downloads to press and hold until side menu pops up to show INSTALL?
    Just tap on the apk file and it will install. Follow the instructions exactly - the order important.
    06-08-16 07:35 AM