How can I install Instagram on my z10? I really need help

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:45 PM
    answered in your duplicate thread.
    please refrain from asking the same question in numerous places

New Working Instagram for BlackBerry 10 - BerryReview
    nappp, curvezzz and StoopiD_Good like this.
    05-22-13 04:02 PM
    How can I install Instagram on my z10? I really need help

Posted via CB10
    Needs to be sideloaded. It is easy process.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-22-13 05:40 PM
    The new Instagram bar file works great. Why can't Facebook just release this version even if it's Android.
    Instagram?-img_20130859.png

Toronto Maple Leafs Fan BBM Channel C0001D318
    05-23-13 06:34 PM
    Side loading is really easy, do a search. Crackberry covered this many times. And there is a new bar file for instagram that works great.

Instagram?-img_00000262.png

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:07 PM
    How to Side-load Android Apps on BlackBerry 10

This guide will walk you through side-loading Android apps onto BlackBerry 10 using a Windows PC. Side-loading Android apps on BlackBerry 10 is just as easy as it was on the BlackBerry PlayBook. (see how to side-load Android apps on Mac OS X here)
    Step 1

You must install the appropriate version of Java JRE:

Download JRE for Windows 32 Here
    Download JRE for Windows 64 Here
    Step 2

Download and install DDPB

How to Side load Android Apps on BlackBerry 10

Download the DDPB installer here.
    Step 3

Once DDPB is installed, follow the instructions below:

On your BlackBerry 10 device, go to Settings by swiping down from top on Home Screen
    Go into Security and Privacy > Development Mode
    Switch on �Use Development Mode�. If your phone doesn�t have a password lock, enter any password when prompted. E.g. your name (Not 123, abc etc)
    Now go back to Settings > About & choose Network category from the slide-down menu
    Note IPv4 number E.g. 192.168.1.101
    Now run DDPB Installer on PC & enter the IPv4 number into �PlayBook IP Adress� space along with device password you entered on BB10 device
    Click �Connect� & your phone will be connected to DDPB Installer, If any error prompts, re-check the IP entered
    Now click on Add & choose the converted Android files downloaded. Check the apps tick mark in listing window & click Install
    A new window pops-up showing process & once its done you will have the Android appsinstalled on BB10
    Now go back into Security and Privacy > Development Mode & turn off development mode. Remove password if you don�t want any from Security and Privacy > Device Password

After successfully following these steps you should have installed the Android app. DDPB should have notified you it was successfully installed, but check to see if the app now displays.
    Last edited by sharprobert; 06-05-13 at 06:06 AM.
    05-28-13 04:41 AM
    05-28-13 06:51 AM
    The new Instagram bar file works great. Why can't Facebook just release this version even if it's Android.
    There's a fairly bad bug in it where you can't add spaces between words when commenting on posts.

Posted via CB10
    millyyy, Djlatino and SK122387 like this.
    05-28-13 12:29 PM
    There's a fairly bad bug in it where you can't add spaces between words when commenting on posts.

Posted via CB10
    Solutions is to write comments in a email or BB remember and copy paste into Instagram.

05-28-13 05:13 PM
    Solutions is to write comments in a email or BB remember and copy paste into Instagram.

Cool never though to do it that way

But the fact that you have to use a work around shows that particular version is not ready for the prime time.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 06:06 PM
    The new sideloaded version is definitely more responsive but it still isn't with out its quirks. Like I can't comment on anyone's pictures. The Z10 keyboard can't distinguish what I'm typing and either places all the words together or just tries to correct the word with nonsense. It's very strange.

Other then that, everything else is working great.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    05-28-13 10:07 PM
    There is a much easier way than this. Download the "PlayBook App Manager" Chrome Extension. PlayBook App Manager

Works with BB10.

How to Side-load Android Apps on BlackBerry 10

This guide will walk you through side-loading Android apps onto BlackBerry 10 using a Windows PC. Side-loading Android apps on BlackBerry 10 is just as easy as it was on the BlackBerry PlayBook. (see how to side-load Android apps on Mac OS X here)
    Step 1

You must install the appropriate version of Java JRE:

Download JRE for Windows 32 Here
    Download JRE for Windows 64 Here
    Step 2

Download and install DDPB

How to Side load Android Apps on BlackBerry 10

Download the DDPB installer here.
    Step 3

Once DDPB is installed, follow the instructions below:

On your BlackBerry 10 device, go to Settings by swiping down from top on Home Screen
    Go into Security and Privacy > Development Mode
    Switch on ‘Use Development Mode’. If your phone doesn’t have a password lock, enter any password when prompted. E.g. your name (Not 123, abc etc)
    Now go back to Settings > About & choose Network category from the slide-down menu
    Note IPv4 number E.g. 192.168.1.101
    Now run DDPB Installer on PC & enter the IPv4 number into ‘PlayBook IP Adress’ space along with device password you entered on BB10 device
    Click ‘Connect’ & your phone will be connected to DDPB Installer, If any error prompts, re-check the IP entered
    Now click on Add & choose the converted Android files downloaded. Check the apps tick mark in listing window & click Install
    A new window pops-up showing process & once its done you will have the Android appsinstalled on BB10
    Now go back into Security and Privacy > Development Mode & turn off development mode. Remove password if you don’t want any from Security and Privacy > Device Password

After successfully following these steps you should have installed the Android app. DDPB should have notified you it was successfully installed, but check to see if the app now displays.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    05-28-13 10:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    I installed this version on my Z10 last night and I don't have any problems typing spaces between words on a comment! I'm no Instagram expert, but I don't see any problems so fat at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 02:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Also use flick typing I find that works for me

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 07:47 PM
    Instagram?-img_00000288.png
    Instagram?-img_00000287.png

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:00 PM
    The new sideloaded version is definitely more responsive but it still isn't with out its quirks. Like I can't comment on anyone's pictures. The Z10 keyboard can't distinguish what I'm typing and either places all the words together or just tries to correct the word with nonsense. It's very strange.

Other then that, everything else is working great.

I encountered this issue too. Can't comment picture. I usually type somewhere and paste it at instagram

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 11:36 AM
    I encountered this issue too. Can't comment picture. I usually type somewhere and paste it at instagram

Posted via CB10
    Well look at you! That's a smart work around. I'll try it out, thanks!

05-31-13 11:56 AM
    I installed this version on my Z10 last night and I don't have any problems typing spaces between words on a comment! I'm no Instagram expert, but I don't see any problems so fat at all.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, you might the only one
    JimmyGrymez likes this.
    05-31-13 05:53 PM

Why not just use the browser to comment on pictures?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:54 PM
    If you're running into the problem of not being able to insert a space while commenting, the workaround is to add a space at the start of the comment, then the keyboard will function normally.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 07:56 AM
    Just tried this it didn't work

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:32 AM
    Weird. It does the trick for me

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:39 AM
    Weird. It does the trick for me

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't work for me either
    06-01-13 01:36 PM
    This works for me

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 12:18 AM
    Doesn't work for me. This was fine until I updated to 10.1, after that I encountered the 'space' issue. I have to go to BlackBerry Remember, type my comment, then copy & paste it into my Instagram comment.

It's only commenting where I get the 'space' issue. When uploading a photo and typing a description, it's perfectly fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 09:47 AM
35 12