Hi

When I receive a notification through the Hub, it no longer displays a link to the app. Instead a black screen is displayed with the back button at the bottom. No amount of waiting helps, touching the back button fails to respond. The workaround to return the Hub is to swipe up to exit and swipe left back into the Hub. On occasion returning to the Hub shows an app instead of the Hub. However, it clears after several exits out of the Hub.

It appears to effect all 3rd party Android Port notifications, for example eBay and Amazon Appstore.

Is this an All Device/10.3.1 issue, a particular model or just my phone?

Thanks for any suggestions or assistance in this regard.

PS 10.3.1 was installed fresh and restored from a full back up excluding Android Run-time apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 05:30 PM
    Sorry for the delay on approval, but as a new member, your new threads were filtered for mod approval. The other 5 won't show up, but that's why your posts weren't showing up.
    03-15-15 05:35 PM
    Ah I see, thought there was an issue with the app. Thanks for letting me know.
    03-15-15 05:38 PM
    I have the same problem since 10.3.1 it's kinda nippy
    Would forgive it if were only android apps but my Skype from bbw is the same

Maybe planning a wipe!

Passport/10.3.1.2576 U.K. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    03-17-15 06:34 PM
    Read somewhere that 2576 solved it for them, but not me

03-17-15 06:37 PM
    It would seem it's been an issue since leak 1060.

03-18-15 02:18 PM
    Ok it's now officially an issue for me, after update notification through amazon on hub, went blank no shock but ended in a restart to fix.

03-18-15 08:14 PM
    Non destructive update to 10.3.1.2582. No fix

Passport 10.3.1.2582 U.K. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    03-23-15 01:26 PM
    Hi

When I receive a notification through the Hub, it no longer displays a link to the app. Instead a black screen is displayed with the back button at the bottom. No amount of waiting helps, touching the back button fails to respond. The workaround to return the Hub is to swipe up to exit and swipe left back into the Hub. On occasion returning to the Hub shows an app instead of the Hub. However, it clears after several exits out of the Hub.

It appears to effect all 3rd party Android Port notifications, for example eBay and Amazon Appstore.

Is this an All Device/10.3.1 issue, a particular model or just my phone?

Thanks for any suggestions or assistance in this regard.

PS 10.3.1 was installed fresh and restored from a full back up excluding Android Run-time apps.

Posted via CB10
    you ever fix your s ?gonna do a complete wipe and rebuild on this I think

Passport 10.3.1.2582 U.K. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    04-01-15 10:17 AM
    At last fixed...now to find exactly what the problem was

Passport 10.3.1.2582 UK. It's probably in the first post
    04-01-15 08:28 PM
    I have the same problem since 10.3.1 it's kinda nippy
    Would forgive it if were only android apps but my Skype from bbw is the same

Maybe planning a wipe!

Even if your Skype is from BBW, it's still an Android port, and as such will act the same as an Android apk. The only difference is that it was converted to a .bar file so that it could be downloaded off of BBW.

PaulJ
    04-01-15 11:21 PM
    Even if your Skype is from BBW, it's still an Android port, and as such will act the same as an Android apk. The only difference is that it was converted to a .bar file so that it could be downloaded off of BBW.

PaulJ
    I understand that part

Passport 10.3.1.2582 UK. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST!
    04-02-15 08:15 AM
    At last fixed...now to find exactly what the problem was

Passport 10.3.1.2582 UK. It's probably in the first post
    Hi

Today I received an OTA update which upgraded my OS to 10.3.1.2587

Initially I was quite excited, I thought this may fix the ongoing issue I'm having with Android Hub notifications, to my despair, the issue persists.

How did you fix this relative dreaded issue?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 02:52 PM
    Hi

Today I received an OTA update which upgraded my OS to 10.3.1.2587

Initially I was quite excited, I thought this may fix the ongoing issue I'm having with Android Hub notifications, to my despair, the issue persists.

How did you fix this relative dreaded issue?

Posted via CB10
    Been there lol

It's something to do with the back up and restore of android apps or settings, still to say for a fact ,I secretly suspect the fact that your forcing 3rd party app on a phone that settings is not yet allowing instal of 3rd party apps (this could all be rubbish of course)

To fix well I'm afraid it's not pretty what I did... do a security wipe and only restore contacts ,calander, txt and remember and then reinstall all apps one by one

To confirm it works after a security wipe I installed Skype first switched the notifications on and closed to test hub, it worked .I tried various restores that I had all brought problem back. I think it's something in the settings backup.
    So I restored basic stuff through back ups I made with ultimate backup to avoid anything getting in the road

Passport 10.3.1.2582 UK. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    04-07-15 03:50 PM
    Oh yeah and of course the tons of forgotten tweaks and personalised settings you have to re set manually

Half the battle if your apps can do back ups

I lost all my user and password since max password doesn't do back ups unless you have drop box.

But still well worth it to have my Passport back 100%

04-07-15 04:08 PM
    Hi again.

Thanks for your comprehensive answer, effort and response to my question.

What surprises me most is the lack of people reporting this issue, my thread is a testament to this, only 2 respondent's! Such a lack of response suggests this issue isn't widespread.

This leads me to, this issue is quite particular and specific, and as you suggest most probably related to the back-up. More so, in my opinion, it effects those of us that installed a beta version of the OS, my guess is you also fall into this category? To conclude, the issue is likely caused by installing a beta OS and restoring from a backup based on a beta OS!?!

I too did a full wipe and restored everything bar the Android runtime/Android apps, I vaguely recall someone recommending this. But this didn't resolve the notification issue.

Before I try your well thought out method, I will backup what I can with ultimate back up, do a wipe and then restore using an older backup based on a stock OS version.

Will report back once attempted. Failing that, I will resort to your method.

Thanks again for your input.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 04:28 PM
    Would be handy to know how you get on I didn't have to many back-ups (BlackBerry link) to try

04-07-15 05:00 PM
    Hi again.

Thanks for your comprehensive answer, effort and response to my question.

What surprises me most is the lack of people reporting this issue, my thread is a testament to this, only 2 respondent's! Such a lack of response suggests this issue isn't widespread.

This leads me to, this issue is quite particular and specific, and as you suggest most probably related to the back-up. More so, in my opinion, it effects those of us that installed a beta version of the OS, my guess is you also fall into this category? To conclude, the issue is likely caused by installing a beta OS and restoring from a backup based on a beta OS!?!

I too did a full wipe and restored everything bar the Android runtime/Android apps, I vaguely recall someone recommending this. But this didn't resolve the notification issue.

Before I try your well thought out method, I will backup what I can with ultimate back up, do a wipe and then restore using an older backup based on a stock OS version.

Will report back once attempted. Failing that, I will resort to your method.

Thanks again for your input.

Posted via CB10
    How did you get on??

Passport 10.3.1.2582 UK. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    04-13-15 04:53 PM
    Hi

I got on well, as suspected, the issue is caused by using a back-up of beta OS, in my case the non-destructive method. Therefore, how this relates to using an autoloader, I presume is the same. I've read on another post I created sometime ago, it was suggested to upgrade to another beta version, 2207 or above, this too apparently resolved the issue.

Here are the steps I took -

Wiped phone through Settings>>security>Wipe

Restored using a clean (from an official OS version) full backup (everything)
    Restored Data and Media from a most recent back-up (based on beta OS) excluding apps

Notifications functions for Android Apps are now working without issue.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 05:56 AM
    Hi

This is how I resolved the issue without using an autoloader. My reply to another thread pertaining to this issue -

Hi

I got on well, as suspected, the issue is caused by using a back-up from an beta OS, in my case the non-destructive method. Therefore, how this relates to using an autoloader, I presume is the same. I've read on another post(here) I created sometime ago, it was suggested to upgrade to another beta version, 2207 or above, this too apparently resolves the issue.

Here are the steps I took -

Wiped phone through Settings>>security>Wipe

Restored using a clean (from an official OS version) full backup (everything)
    Restored Data and Media from a most back-up (based on beta OS) excluding apps

Notifications functions for Android Apps are now working without issue.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 06:00 AM
    If only I had kept more backup's ,ahh well thanks .lesson learned and can be prevented in future

Passport 10.3.1.2582 UK. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    04-19-15 07:52 PM
    I have this issue as well, but I am not using a leaked OS. I just switched from a Z10 to a passport. So my restore was from the backup of the z10. Is there any other way to solve this then by wiping? I don't want to lose my app data or setup my phone again. tks
    06-21-15 10:58 PM
    This must be an issue for a particular model of phone, because it doesn't appear to be a problem for me.

PaulJ
    06-22-15 08:25 AM
    I have this issue as well, but I am not using a leaked OS. I just switched from a Z10 to a passport. So my restore was from the backup of the z10. Is there any other way to solve this then by wiping? I don't want to lose my app data or setup my phone again. tks
    Do you have other back ups?

Passport 10.3.1.2582 UK. It can only be attributable to human error
    06-24-15 07:16 AM
    I do have a few other backups. I did the main restore from the most recent one. Then I did some additional restores from other ones as some settings didn't copy over. Like my wifi networks. Or a couple apps didn't work. Oddly enough, I could no longer back up the Z10 after I did the swap.
    06-24-15 10:31 AM
26 12