Hi there,

there are already some articles about getting the sony smartwatch and comanion apps to work but they all seem to be outdated or at least just didn't work.

You can follow these simple steps to do the patching yourself or just head over to the attachments ;-)

If you have any questions, feel free to post your question in this thread.

Almost all Sony extension apps won't install out of the box. The just need the same patching applied as for the smartwatch2 apk file.
    If somebody needs further instructions i will think about starting patching HowTo thread. Just let me know.

Although you will get almost all extension apps running there is a big drawback.
    => You won't get notifications from BlackBerry events such as new emails etc. so almost no app which pushes notifications to your watch will work because these events don't generate notifications in the ANdroid runtime but in the only in the hub.

To cope with that i wrote 2 small headless apps to get the BB notifications into the android runtime which seems to work just fine.
    You can check out the beta version here http://forums.crackberry.com/android...arable-994438/ :-)

ATTENTION: Since the previous method to patch the files was quite complicated and the tools used were also buggy, i decided to write my own patching tool. This will work for all smartextensions that won't install on the blackberry

1) Download the Files
    1. Download SmartExtensionPatcher from this thread in first post and extract it somewhere where your user has write access
    2. Download Sony Smartconnect from the playstore via your browser https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xtras.liveware using APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v3 (Evozi Official) or something similar and place it in the "C:\AndroidMultitool\Files" folder
    3. Download Sony Smartwatch 2 apk from playstore via your browser https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ct.smartwatch2 using APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v3 (Evozi Official) or something similar and place it in the "C:\AndroidMultitool\Files" folder

2) Decompile, Compile, Sign Sony Smartconnect apk and Smartwatch apk
    1. Run SmartExtensionPatcher
    2. Hit the "..." Button and select smartconnect apk
    3. hit enter
    4. Hit the "..." Button and select smartwatch2 apk
    5. hit enter
    6. copy both output files to the "Downloads" folder on your BB device
    7. install the 2 apks via the BB Filemanager
    Attached Thumbnails [HowTo] Get your Sony Smartwatch up and running on a BB OS 10.3. device-smartextensionpatcher.png  
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kwasi76; 02-02-15 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Uploaded smart extension Patcher V1.1
    12-22-14 08:56 AM
    PLUGINS
    FOR SONY SMARTWATCH 2
    1. moto360 watchfaces style
      Official site
    2. SmartWeather by Sony
      GOOGLE PLAY
    Last edited by pavelgeme2; 12-29-14 at 12:24 PM.
    kwasi76 likes this.
    12-23-14 08:57 AM
    Then I am trying to install smartwatch app I'm getting an error (could not install the program)
    Attachment 322567

Posted via CB10
    Yep, that was my mistake. Sorry, just uploaded the working sw2.apk file :-)
    pavelgeme2 likes this.
    12-23-14 12:29 PM
    You are the best! Smartwatch works, but it is not the latest host app so, I could not send apps to it the latest is 1.6.22, could you do it, please?

Posted via BlackBerry z3
    Attachment 322623
    Last edited by pavelgeme2; 12-23-14 at 01:40 PM.
    12-23-14 01:25 PM
    Just uploaded the most recent smartconnect version. Maybe that's what causes your troubles. I currently use the exact 2 files and they work fine for me. Please with installing these.
    BTW: The SW2 apk is the most recent version. It's just another versioning scheme 1.6.22 <=> 1.5.14
    12-23-14 01:52 PM
    So lucky! Wish I had a way to connect my LG G Watch with my BlackBerry. Android Wear app finds the watch but doesn't connect

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:05 PM
    So lucky! Wish I had a way to connect my LG G Watch with my BlackBerry. Android Wear app finds the watch but doesn't connect

Posted via CB10
    Have you got Google play services installed? And I think you need have Google now installed.

Posted via BlackBerry z3
    12-23-14 10:43 PM
    yes and yes. the app still asks to update service. it searches for the watch but doesn't pair successfully.
    12-24-14 12:30 AM
    BTW: The SW2 apk is the most recent version.
    Sorry, but I could not agree with you, in the last version you can choose the order of your apps.

Posted via BlackBerry z3
    12-24-14 12:39 AM
    any one have the lastest signed smartwatch 2 apk ??
    12-24-14 04:30 PM
    Anyone has the messaging working or the email and calls my phone is connected and working with the zip files

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:21 PM
    i am install smartwacth addons but not installed on my watch why ???
    12-25-14 01:26 AM
    Anyone getting the texts shown on the phone there's a guy that did it but is not for 10.3

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 06:39 PM
    And I can't compile the app again I can decompile and patch but can't put it together the app tool doesn't do it

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 06:40 PM
    Sorry, but I could not agree with you, in the last version you can choose the order of your apps.

Posted via BlackBerry z3
    Hmm that was the Most recent i could download. If you just send me your Version i will Patch and Post in Herr :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 01:51 AM
    Anyone has the messaging working or the email and calls my phone is connected and working with the zip files

Posted via CB10
    Could you expain that? Do you mean getting a notify on the watch when a new mail arrives?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 01:55 AM
    theres messaging smart extra app which is the app that last you view the txt that you receive, theres a video on youtube of it working along with the phone one and the music, if i cant view the messages or calls coming in whats the point of even connecting the phone to th watch if it wont work.
    12-26-14 09:03 AM
    also the apk tool i can decompile and patch but i cant compile the app back up
    12-26-14 09:14 AM
    theres messaging smart extra app which is the app that last you view the txt that you receive, theres a video on youtube of it working along with the phone one and the music, if i cant view the messages or calls coming in whats the point of even connecting the phone to th watch if it wont work.
    Yep you are right. You can only get notifications from other Android apps but not for incoming calls or emails.
    That's the reason why wrote 2. Apps. One native BlackBerry headless apps which captures hub notifications and sends them to the other app on the same device which is an android app.
    This in turn can create native, android wear compatible notifications and can push them directly to a sony smartwatch. I am currently in a closed beta. Just some fine tuning needed :-)
    If you want to help with testing drop me a pm.
    12-26-14 10:09 AM
    Smartwatch.apk
    Last edited by pavelgeme2; 12-27-14 at 09:37 AM.
    12-27-14 06:24 AM
    Smartwatch.apk
    Thanks, please check first post. Just uploaded the patched version :-)
    pavelgeme2 likes this.
    12-27-14 10:16 AM
    Thank you very much, all is working now
    12-27-14 10:35 AM
    unable to install this app ?? why ??
    12-27-14 04:35 PM
    Smartwatch.apk
    unable to install this app ?? why ??
    12-27-14 04:36 PM
    Thank you to all for your hard work, I know you all might not hear the words thank you enough, but, I think I speak for all when I say, us noobs appreciate the effort and time you all put in *Salutes while a tear rolls down his face*. One quick question though... um, does anybbody know where I can summon working apk add-ons.........?
    12-27-14 08:26 PM
98 123 ...