Most of my apks works fine, only issue is for the notification. Integrated in the hub.it doesn't work..you have to check the app every time. Any solution ?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 03:43 AM
    Just have one installed, Viber and that works fine!

On my Chosen One... ZedTen
    02-13-14 03:50 AM
    Most of my apks works fine, only issue is for the notification. Integrated in the hub.it doesn't work..you have to check the app every time. Any solution ?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe after BlackBerry launched their own android market the android developers would make some little changes so the apps fit the screen size perfectly or they can integrated into the hub... that can't cost much of money and time for the devs.. I guess.

Since 2010 ?
    02-13-14 04:34 AM
    Tried to install My Fitness Pal from Amazon store, it crashed the first time I opened it. Had to do a hard reset. That is why I will no longer install any apk's, only built for BlackBerry. Android works well only on Android phones, just like BBM works ok only on BlackBerry phones. Just my opinion.
    nyfinch likes this.
    02-13-14 06:28 AM
    Tried to install My Fitness Pal from Amazon store, it crashed the first time I opened it. Had to do a hard reset. That is why I will no longer install any apk's, only built for BlackBerry. Android works well only on Android phones, just like BBM works ok only on BlackBerry phones. Just my opinion.
    I have 36 apks! At least 20 works PERFECT and the rest pretty good... only one sucks a little bit (Shazam)
    Some I had which I deleted didn't work at all like DuckDuckGo, CNBC, ...

Since 2010 ?
    02-13-14 06:55 AM
    "Anyone with a good scanning to pdf app?"

There are a bunch of them in BlackBerry World.

I've installed a bunch of APKs just to see if they'll work. Most do, some better than on Android. The ones that don't require deep access to the phone which BlackBerry probably doesn't allow, for example, Cisco AnyConnect. No biggie since I can connect to our VPN without an app.

If an app wants root access, I'm happy that it won't work on my device.
    02-13-14 07:42 AM
    I have 36 apks! At least 20 works PERFECT and the rest pretty good... only one sucks a little bit (Shazam)
    Some I had which I deleted didn't work at all like DuckDuckGo, CNBC, ...

Since 2010 ?
    Does the notification works for you,did you see it in the hub ?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 07:59 AM
    Does the notification works for you,did you see it in the hub ?

Posted via CB10
    I use Noob and notifications work for this one... oh and shpock works too (notifications)... I have to see if I can change in the settings for the other apps.. maybe they will work too..

Conclusion; notification works at:
    *noob
    *shpock

Since 2010 ?
    02-13-14 09:45 AM
    anybody figured how to get hotspot shield working? or something similar
    We don't need an app for that. It's in your network settings.
    justkonyen likes this.
    02-13-14 10:04 AM
    I think we have a brand new dynamic here with Snap2Chat. I'm not a big SnapChat user but the "kids" in my office use it. So I install it for them on their BlackBerry 10 devices and to be honest - IT'S BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL APP.

It was developed for BlackBerry 10 (which is what we want to see) and works better than the Android or iOS versions. There are a lot more features and options - and the users I know won't go back to the non-BlackBerry version written by @NemOry.

Having said that, most Andorid apps I have installed work fine, unless it's the kind of app the requires information from your Google Account. For example, Google Maps wth GPS Nav only partially works. Google wants your info - badly!

But my TD Bank application works perfectly fine. I can take a picture of checks to make deposits (no trip to the bank) which is the one feature I thought would never work.

ParkMobile - you can pay parking meters in major cities with your phone - works BEAUTIFULLY!
    HondaLink - I get in my 2014 Accord and my car not only connects to my phone, it connects to the music on my phone and I can control it right through the normal stereo controls.

The list goes on: ShareFile, Insagram, Tivo, etc. All work great!
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    02-13-14 10:16 AM
    I have installed the following using Snap:

Autocad 360 (working perfectly)
    Instagram (the only thing doesn't work is sharing from an image it gets to the crop picture screen and then to the stream). I'm sticking to iGrann for this one though.
    Photoshop (didn't work, installed, open, but when opening a picture it crashes)
    KmEyePro (works perfect)
    Netflix (Works perfect)

From 1mobile some of the same apk failed, from Amazon some were not available or in a lower version, Snap worked better with a few minor bugs (some app icons doesn't match the app, not a big deal)

I'm on a Z30 STA100-2 running 10.2.1.537
    Last edited by TioPepe78; 02-13-14 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Missed netflix
    02-13-14 10:28 AM
    six working great ,had to delete my banking app as keep say rooted device, and my BT app never worked properly either
    02-13-14 12:12 PM
    Bank of America - works flawlessly with rotation lock set to potrait
    Words with Friends - shizophrenic
    Candy Crush - Bearable : a little lag when loading and responding to requests
    Instagram - works well
    Chase - works well
    Wells Fargo - works well
    Sharebuilder - works well
    Waze - works well
    02-13-14 12:13 PM
    Not working at all...STL100-4 (Verizon) with 10.2.1.1925.
    02-13-14 01:08 PM
    Hey,

Let me ask you three questions..

*How many apk apps did you install? (4) Netflix, Instagram (Don't use either one, just curious), SOCHI 2014 to watch olympics live hockey and curling(have the BB version also).and Snap which works flawless.

*How many are working fine? + Which one best? With SOCHI 2014 keep getting error CD2M not working but app works fine once you acknowledge and click ok. Don't use Netflix or Instagram. Will delete them if I need room.
    ?
    Last edited by Wilsonia Goldens; 02-13-14 at 01:56 PM.
    02-13-14 01:45 PM
    Attachment 247293These all work pretty well.
    My GO Mobile works only on wifi. The app doesn't recognize the carrier network; this after working fine for quite a while.
    02-13-14 03:14 PM
    All this about apps...wouldn't it be nice if Blackberry allowed us to pick the permissions on Android apps? Then I'd feel better about that app that really doesn't need my address book, but gets it anyway.
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    02-13-14 03:49 PM
    I use Noob and notifications work for this one... oh and shpock works too (notifications)... I have to see if I can change in the settings for the other apps.. maybe they will work too..

Conclusion; notification works at:
    *noob
    *shpock

Since 2010 ?
    Try it and let me know please.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 05:10 PM
    I installed a banking app, a payment app, and candy crush. All 3 run without problems.
    The only one that doesn't work is Ingress, an online game that became hugely popular here. I could install it, but when I start it up, it says no accounts found on device.
    which payment did you get and the banking app?
    02-13-14 05:29 PM
    Shazam - amazing no difference between android and BB10
    Instagram - pictures actually load faster on a BB10 device then a S4, try it yourself side by side
    Snapchat - when you open it it says "Get Google Play Services" your just click off that pop up and it work butter smooth. Everything with pictures/videos works really well. Although Snap2Chat is better and has more editing picture options like bigger brush for example with all the same features.
    Feedly - it works better on android or a bigger screen phone for example since I have a Q10 it doesn't work as smoothly as it would on a Z30/Z10 or android
    Tinder - works good except sending the message you can't use your keyboard(Q10) to press enter so you have to press it on screen.
    My Fitness Pal - can't complain its slow on Android and BB10 but does the job
    Fitocracy - good on BB!0
    All Cast - works really good but native DLNA works better

The android apps first load after restarting your phone is slow. But after that they are on par with Android launching. There is away to make android apps Headless but require a bit of work.

Overall I'd say it's on par going side by side with an S4/Nexus 4 which I've tested with my friends. I wish there were youtube videos to show people but I'm too lazy to make one.
    02-14-14 09:46 AM
    We don't need an app for that. It's in your network settings.
    how would i go about setting up a vpn in the US?
    02-14-14 10:43 AM
    Hey,

Let me ask you three questions..

*How many apk apps did you install?

*How many are working fine? + Which one best?

*How many not or which specific not at all?

Thanks

Since 2010 ?
    I've installed four apps, Tapatalk, Netflix, Steam and Bitcasa. Netflix works the best, Bitcasa takes a really long time to load my stuff (although I DO have 3TB on the cloud...), Steam is doing decently for an app that hasn't been updated since March 2012 and Tapatalk has persistent issues with some forums.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 10:51 AM
    PDF scanner in BBW works great.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 247811
    02-14-14 10:51 AM
    Minecraft. Mcpe is so so. Kicks you out of app If you leave it to answer phone or check a message. Also, world's created do not show on menu. You must remember world name, create new world and enter that name again to reach your saved world. Bit annoying, but game works well while your in it on a Z10. Local wifi multi-player works great also. Love jumping into the kids worlds! Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 10:59 AM
    I posted the following comment in the z10 sub forum.

I download the CBC Sochi app from SNAP on my z10 and did a quick comparison to my wife's app on her iphone 4

Load time - Iphone 4 takes 8 sec , Z10 takes 24 sec (not sure if this is do to the stupid C2DM error message)

Navigation within app - both about the same

Loading video - Iphone 4 loads about 5 seconds faster.

Loading new content - even

Streaming live video - iphone 4 makes you watch 2 commercials about 30 sec each before the streaming starts. After the commercial, the live stream on the IPhone is about 5-10 sec behind the z10.

Not sure if the slower performance of the z10 is due to it being an android app or it being an android app running in an emulator. It would be interesting if someone has a samsung phone running this app and doing a comparison.
    02-14-14 11:09 AM
117 12345