trying one last random one: Snapchat 9.3.0.3 Beta...
    yep - no good. I'm done here. Tried like 8 versions. some got further than others. end result - no Snapchat on BB10
    07-14-15 09:36 AM
    After you've downloaded Snapchat, what do you do to patch/repair Google Play Services?
    07-14-15 10:25 AM
    After you've downloaded Snapchat, what do you do to patch/repair Google Play Services?
    go to page one of this thread and read like everyone else did. my last several messages indicate I could not get it to work though, so don't get too excited.
    07-14-15 10:27 AM
    Colbalt, Thanks so much got all your hard work. (I donated BTW) I followed your instructions and downloaded the current versions (in your first post) Everything seemed to work well. Got play store to work, download a few apps and all worked well.

I recently downloaded an app called Road ID. This app allows people to follow me in real time on my runs. The first unpatched version did not fully work, after patching, it seemed to work. Until my wife tried to track me on my run. She got the link but I never showed up on her map. I noticed that while the eCrumb portion (tracking) of the app was working, saw myself on the map and the icon followed me around, it never tracked my distance or updated the link my wife got.

I then downloaded google maps (unpatched) and ran it to see if it worked, and it did. I was able to sign in and sign out. Tried Road ID again and still not fully working.

Could this app not be fully working because of the Google maps portion of the app? I am assuming it's trying to use google maps?

Any help would be helpful.

Thanks,
    07-22-15 01:39 PM
    Colbalt, Thanks so much got all your hard work. (I donated BTW) I followed your instructions and downloaded the current versions (in your first post) Everything seemed to work well. Got play store to work, download a few apps and all worked well.

I recently downloaded an app called Road ID. This app allows people to follow me in real time on my runs. The first unpatched version did not fully work, after patching, it seemed to work. Until my wife tried to track me on my run. She got the link but I never showed up on her map. I noticed that while the eCrumb portion (tracking) of the app was working, saw myself on the map and the icon followed me around, it never tracked my distance or updated the link my wife got.

I then downloaded google maps (unpatched) and ran it to see if it worked, and it did. I was able to sign in and sign out. Tried Road ID again and still not fully working.

Could this app not be fully working because of the Google maps portion of the app? I am assuming it's trying to use google maps?

Any help would be helpful.

Thanks,
    It is a misinterpretation that all apps from the Play Store work on our BB10 devices. Quite a few do not work but fortunately many do.

Once you've tried all advised options, including the patching options, and it still doesn't work you have found an app which unfortunately doesn't work in your current BB android runtime.
    Try an alternative app but if none exist you just are out of luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 01:54 PM
    I was thinking that, but maybe there was something I missed..... thanks.
    07-23-15 06:27 AM
    I've followed all the cobalt thread instructions. But when I use lucky patcher and rebuild the PC Plus and Groupon apps without the dependencies after reinstalling the rebuilt apk it still gives same Google play services error message.

Are these apps unpatchable? Or am I doing something wrong?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 07:27 AM
    I've followed all the cobalt thread instructions. But when I use lucky patcher and rebuild the PC Plus and Groupon apps without the dependencies after reinstalling the rebuilt apk it still gives same Google play services error message.

Posted via CB10
    Try Gmaps Patcher. It does a better job than LP in patching tough to patch apps. There are some apps that are unpatchable.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-23-15 07:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Remember that patching just removes the signature check. It does not remove the need to install Google Play services. You must install the pre-patched Google Play services from the first post of my Google apps Landing page.
    07-23-15 08:42 AM
    Remember that patching just removes the signature check. It does not remove the need to install Google Play services. You must install the pre-patched Google Play services from the first post of my Google apps Landing page.
    Oooooh this may help matters... where is this page?!
    07-23-15 08:44 AM
    I tried installing Google Play Services and Google maps from the link above and nothing works.
    07-23-15 09:07 AM
    I did install that. Although it's called "Google settings". I deleted and installed again. Still no luck.

Has anyone got those apps to work? Or know of an app that for sure works so I can test my method?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 09:37 AM
    Oooooh this may help matters... where is this page?!
    Ah really?..."first post of Cobalt's official Google Apps Landing page".
    07-23-15 09:47 AM
    07-23-15 12:02 PM
    How long does patching typically take? Google+ has been "Please Wait"ing for > 5 minutes now.
    07-23-15 12:50 PM
    ... which is here:
    yeah, no idea what else I can try. Doing everything I can to make this work. here's what i've done step by step. Please let me know if you see any errors or omissions:
    1)download and install lucky patcher, Blackberry Google ID, Google Account, Google Settings (i think this is the runtime - the icon changed the name) and Google+ white list
    2) run BB google id, login/register
    3) run google account (runtime) login/register
    4) run google white list... add Snapchat 9.9 apk (unpatched)
    5) run lucky patcher on snapchat 9.9 apk
    6) install the patched snapchat 9.9 apk

attempting to login does not work. am i missing anything? I get the mssg "Oh no! Your login temporarily failed, so please try again later."
    Any ideas?
    immitchell likes this.
    07-23-15 12:52 PM
    Just to test, I tried the same thing with Snapchat, and got to the account signup screen with no problem. Noticed, though, that the .apk I got from Snap was 9.12, not 9.9.
    07-23-15 01:52 PM
    Just to test, I tried the same thing with Snapchat, and got to the account signup screen with no problem. Noticed, though, that the .apk I got from Snap was 9.12, not 9.9.
    I appreciate you doing that. Login screen is not the issue though. it's the actual login. Won't let you log in.
    Before I isntalled all the stuff above it would just load forever after entering credentials and eventually just time out. Now with all these additional apps installed it's just a faster failure lol. so slight improvement.

My process appears to be correct though ya?
    07-23-15 01:58 PM
    My process appears to be correct though ya?
    It looks right to me- it's certainly what I'm doing. I don't think I've uninstalled Snapchat yet, so as soon as I'm done grinding through Hangouts, I'll try creating a Snapchat account and logging in.
    liquidneon likes this.
    07-23-15 02:12 PM
    I managed to get Clash of Clans installed but I can't login says Google Play Services not supported on this device any suggestions? Also, its not filling the entire screen of my z30 it appears cut off.
    07-25-15 03:19 PM
    I managed to get Clash of Clans installed but I can't login says Google Play Services not supported on this device any suggestions? Also, its not filling the entire screen of my z30 it appears cut off.
    Did you read the first post of this thread?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 03:34 PM
    I try to install lucky patcher though, it installed an was able to run it. But it did nt patched my apps and the lucky patcher did not appear or even show yellow sign on the lucky patcher menu as shown above...pls what do I do...
    07-26-15 11:03 AM
    Did you read the first post of this thread?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I did. I installed everything.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 11:25 AM
    I can't get this to work.
    07-26-15 01:36 PM
    D lucky patcher is not working smoothly on my z30.. though, I m able to download, install and run it but d lucky patcher logo is appearing in lucky patcher menu. Like d pix illustration above..pls, help me...
    07-26-15 02:37 PM
1,367 ... 4243444546 ...