Interesting redundancy. I wonder why they implemented it this way. Maybe a legacy remnant? Anyway, I suppose it is what it is. Better to be able to run apps dependent on Google Play Services than log into Google Maps.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, quite interesting. And you can see, that apps, that do not use Google play services can normally login, as for example Google Chrome (which works even if GP is installed). I also prefer to run GP dependent apps than logging in to Google Accounts, but both would of course be the best.
    09-03-14 10:45 AM
    Cobalt, there was just a new release of USPS app and I patched it with LP 4.4.4 and when I go to locations map it shows the pins but the map doesn't load.
    If I patch it with Gmaps Patcher it works as it should. But upon patching it also mentioned that it will use Google Maps instead of Open Street Maps. I suppose that LP can't change that?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ralfyguy; 09-03-14 at 04:47 PM.
    09-03-14 04:23 PM
    Cobalt, there was just a new release of USPS app and I patched it with LP 4.4.4 and when I go to locations map it shows the pins but the map doesn't load.
    If I patch it with Gmaps Patcher it works as it should. But upon patching it also mentioned that it will use Google Maps instead of Open Street Maps. I suppose that LP can't change that?

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like the usps app uses version 1 of the maps api (not supported by lucky patcher). So theoretically there's no need to patch this app so long as you're comfortable with it using openstreets maps.

If you insist on Google being the maps provider, you'll need to patch using the windows patcher.
    09-03-14 04:52 PM
    Sounds like the usps app uses version 1 of the maps api (not supported by lucky patcher). So theoretically there's no need to patch this app so long as you're comfortable with it using openstreets maps.

If you insist on Google being the maps provider, you'll need to patch using the windows patcher.
    Well the stock Open Street Maps didn't work either, so I patched it.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 05:21 PM
    Hmm, it could be one of those weird ones that uses both api v1 and v2. Either way, not much you can do about it except use the windows patcher .
    09-03-14 08:18 PM
    Hmm, it could be one of those weird ones that uses both api v1 and v2. Either way, not much you can do about it except use the windows patcher .
    Yes, in fact that's what it showed exactly!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 10:51 PM
    Kudos guys!!! It worked on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154. Watch ESPN now works for me! Thanks so much...

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.1154
    Sally Mack likes this.
    09-05-14 11:45 AM
    Major Kudos!!! this is amazing!! so far so good and I'm using Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3337 . tested 2 apps. one works beautifully another Knicks app is having issues booting up.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 02:31 PM
    again awesome job!! just did it to gamestop app and it works smoothly!! doesn't crash on location search either!! issue with updating the app though. wouldn't let me install it.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 02:45 PM
    You cant update after patching. IT has a different signature. Delete patched version, download new version and Patch again.
    MrBox likes this.
    09-05-14 03:50 PM
    You cant update after patching. IT has a different signature. Delete patched version, download new version and Patch again.
    Alternatively you can download the apk, patch it, then install the patched version directly (in case you have application data you don't want to lose).

This won't work if you're downloading using snap though, because snap copies the apk only after it's installed.
    MrBox likes this.
    09-05-14 07:37 PM
    Alternatively you can download the apk, patch it, then install the patched version directly (in case you have application data you don't want to lose).

This won't work if you're downloading using snap though, because snap copies the apk only after it's installed.
    Where would you get the apk from then if not from Snap?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 08:25 PM
    You could always google it and try to find a third party download, or use an apk downloader on your browser, other sites that tap into Google play like barinstall.com ... many ways to get apks, but snap is probably the best way on a bb10 device.
    09-05-14 09:47 PM
    Where would you get the apk from then if not from Snap?

Posted via CB10
    You could always google it and try to find a third party download, or use an apk downloader on your browser, other sites that tap into Google play like barinstall.com ... many ways to get apks, but snap is probably the best way on a bb10 device.
    I've used barinstall as well for those apks that seem to give me problems and I want patched before moving to my device. Getting the updated apk first is one step in the beginning of the process that saves me from the extra steps of download through snap, then uninstall, then patch, move back and reinstall.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 11:04 PM
    Or get it using APK-Dowoader from my other thread..
    Sally Mack likes this.
    09-05-14 11:15 PM
    Hey has anyone else had a problem getting this app to install? I updated my phone to 10.3 and went to update from 4.4.4 with the auto updater before the warning in the op. It failed and I don't have it on my phone at all now. The app disappeared. Tried to install 445 or 446 or 447 they all fail. It says unable to install this app.
    09-06-14 01:27 AM
    You still have components remaining on the phone. Use an Android Task/installation manager to delete the files, then reinstall. Search for com.forpda.
    09-06-14 01:48 AM
    Or get it using APK-Dowoader from my other thread..
    Yeah, I know. But that one doesn't work on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 08:15 AM
    You still have components remaining on the phone. Use an Android Task/installation manager to delete the files, then reinstall. Search for com.forpda.
    hey any idea where i should look, i am using ghost commander but i can't find com.forpda
    09-06-14 01:17 PM
    hey any idea where i should look, i am using ghost commander but i can't find com.forpda
    Go into Google Settings, where the apps are.Move to the window on the very right and verify, if it displays any remaining files.

You can easily access Google Settings with my Settings launcher (creates a direct launch Icon on your phone)
    cobalt.google.settings
    Reggie Abraham likes this.
    09-06-14 02:03 PM
    Sorry but i dont see com.forpda listed there, or lucky patcher
    09-06-14 02:31 PM
    Sorry but i dont see com.forpda listed there, or lucky patcher
    Ok, I'm gonna test what's going on. I just installed the latest 10.3.0.1154 on my q10 and do not have Lucky Patcher on it yet. I'm gonna install 4.4.4 and then do an autoupdate, then try to revert and install 4.4.7. Will post what happens.
    09-06-14 02:47 PM
    Awesome!, cool app btw i have never seen the google settings before.
    09-06-14 02:53 PM
    Weird, during a install attempt i hit no on the permissions and now the app has an icon and if i click it it launches, hit accept it says initiating then crashes. Still dosnt show up in ghost commander or google settings
    09-06-14 03:13 PM
    Try a hard reset using the double volume button method.
    09-06-14 04:12 PM
1,367 ... 1617181920 ...