Uhhh I understand that people are having a hard time loading Ghost Commander, finding the settings, launching it etc etc. So why not make life easier for everyone?

Here a small APK-Launcher that's sole purpose is to launch the Android Settings on your device.

Hope it helps.

cobalt.android.settings

[ATTACH=CONFIG]

Nothing
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RADEoN1337; 09-02-14 at 10:27 AM.
    09-02-14 10:12 AM
    I have to ask but shouldn't that be decided by the users? I.E. It is up to them to decide what they want to do, not what you want them to do.

I don't think the average user wants to understand the tool. They want a working application. Just saying .

Posted via CB from my LE
    Sure, you won't get any argument there. It is up to the users to decide if they want to try and patch for themselves, just like it is up to the users to decide if they want to try and teach people how to patch and then try to troubleshoot in the event something goes wrong or if they want to become a patched apk manufacturing machine. Some will want option A and some would prefer option B. Users choice.
    09-02-14 10:36 AM
    Nothing
    Posted via CB10
    Last option: reload android runtime!
    09-02-14 10:42 AM
    Still can install 4.4.7 lucky patcher on my 10.3.

How come? Version 4.4.5 works

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 12:08 PM
    I have to ask but shouldn't that be decided by the users? I.E. It is up to them to decide what they want to do, not what you want them to do.

I don't think the average user wants to understand the tool. They want a working application. Just saying .

Posted via CB from my LE
    I hear ya... But what happens when the guys who provide patched apks stop providing said patched apks, and someone wants something patched? Guess their SOL, right?

In the long run its best if they invest the 90 seconds it takes to install and use the patcher. It's really not that hard.

Or better yet, why don't you take requests for apps and post them all. Oh, and update them too once the app is updated in google play. Let's see how sustainable that is.
    09-02-14 12:29 PM
    Still can install 4.4.7 lucky patcher on my 10.3.

How come? Version 4.4.5 works

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 12:35 PM
    Last option: reload android runtime!
    I already did that

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 01:14 PM
    Can you post a logfile from BlackBerry Logger?
    09-02-14 02:55 PM
    Uhhh I understand that people are having a hard time loading Ghost Commander, finding the settings, launching it etc etc. So why not make life easier for everyone?

Here a small APK-Launcher that's sole purpose is to launch the Android Settings on your device.

Hope it helps.

cobalt.android.settings

Attachment 295259
    You gonna laugh, but this launcher does not install on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 03:03 PM
    You drive me nuts
    09-02-14 03:14 PM
    You drive me nuts
    I know. LOL. The APK store installs, but can't use it and this launcher are the only two android related things that don't work on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 03:16 PM
    You drive me nuts
    If it makes you feel any better, it won't install on my z10 either . Not a big deal since I can use ghost commander, but figured I'd let you know it's not just ralfyguy. Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-02-14 03:32 PM
    If it makes you feel any better, it won't install on my z10 either . Not a big deal since I can use ghost commander, but figured I'd let you know it's not just ralfyguy. Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I have Ghost Commander installed, but wanted to try that launcher anyways.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 04:10 PM
    I would love for the YouTube app to work

Posted via my Z30 running 10.3.0.1xxx
    09-02-14 04:32 PM
    I have Ghost Commander installed, but wanted to try that launcher anyways.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it's the SDK Version. I'll recompile a new Version with a lower SDK. The launcher is quite sexy. It has no GUI, just creates an Icon and launches settings
    09-02-14 04:48 PM
    Recompiled the Android Settings Launcher with SDK 4.2.2. No idea if it makes a difference. Both version run on my device without any problems.

cobalt.android.settings-release.apk
    Sally Mack likes this.
    09-02-14 05:02 PM
    Works perfectly now. Thanks man!

Can you recompile that APK Downloader like that so it works? LOL JK!
    Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 05:35 PM
    With the in-game coding limitations previously mentioned, is it safe to say in game purchases in clash of clans will likely never happen?

Posted with my Z30 running 10.3.0.1130 os | 1154 apps/radio
    09-02-14 06:16 PM
    I hear ya... But what happens when the guys who provide patched apks stop providing said patched apks, and someone wants something patched? Guess their SOL, right?

In the long run its best if they invest the 90 seconds it takes to install and use the patcher. It's really not that hard.

Or better yet, why don't you take requests for apps and post them all. Oh, and update them too once the app is updated in google play. Let's see how sustainable that is.
    Who cares who updates them? If folks care about it someone will patch and update. If being up to date every second mattered I'd just batch process the apps from one of my servers for distribution.

You were telling someone not to provide any packages to the community - because you specifically want every single user to learn to use the tool. Did you want to control what time they go to bed too? People should be allowed to use it for whatever they feel like.

If someone feels like sharing patched files, all the power to them. It's not such a horribly confusing situation that it will result in the end of the world

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-02-14 08:27 PM
    You were telling someone not to provide any packages to the community
    For the purposes of keeping this relevant, I'll stick to the root issue and ignore your analogy.

I never once said not to share with the community. I've actually custom patched apks before any tools existed specifically for sharing with the community. I've also patched some apk's specifically for other members who were having difficulties with one-off situations that the patcher couldn't handle.

I said I disagreed with the statement that "we should all be sharing patched apks [as opposed to patching ourselves]", because it causes an unnecessary dependency on the few who patch, when there are sufficient tools available to achieve the same goal.

Before cobalt integrated the patching routine into lucky patcher, I actually sent some design documents to a few devs on how we can crowd source patched apks to relieve this dependency on a select few. Cobalt came up with a quicker/easier/cheaper way in my opinion with lucky Patcher integration.

Anyways, just wanted to clarify that. I'm not anti-sharing. I'm just pro diy.
    jzajac likes this.
    09-02-14 09:36 PM

Anyways, just wanted to clarify that. I'm not anti-sharing. I'm just pro diy.
    I'll be the first one to tell you that if it weren't for Cobalt and Sally (and the rest of this community) I wouldn't feel anywhere near as comfortable patching and working with apks on my own, and they both offered to take a look at code and Sally especially took the time to walk me through a fix that absolutely saved my behind. She took it upon herself and walked me through a special case after seeing my multiple efforts and failures without being asked, and after I specifically asked her to "teach me how" so I wouldn't have to lean on her for apk patches in the future. Just like me I'm sure she's all for a patched apk directory somewhere out there, but I totally agree with her that encouraging other members to learn is equally as important. If they choose not to that's their decision, but more people learning the methods means that many more people can help those who were stuck and out of ideas just like I was. I hope I can be half as helpful as Sally and Cobalt have been to me for someone here.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 11:12 PM
    To speak in analogies:

If you want to hang a picture on the wall, it is he hole that you want and not the driller that drills it. But sometimes you must learn how to use tools to achieve your goals. Unless you have someone drilling your holes over and over again. I believe it's a matter of attitude.
    09-03-14 02:38 AM
    Quick question...

What's the reason for not being able to use the patched Google Play Services together with the Google Login Services? Right now I can have either-or, but not both.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 09:15 AM
    Quick question...

What's the reason for not being able to use the patched Google Play Services together with the Google Login Services? Right now I can have either-or, but not both.

Posted via CB10
    If Google Play services is installed, it mirrors the login settings from Google Login services. Apps depending on Google Play services will then try to login using Google Play and not via Google login. This fails for unknown reasons, most likely some kind of authentification problem.
    09-03-14 09:36 AM
    If Google Play services is installed, it mirrors the login settings from Google Login services. Apps depending on Google Play services will then try to login using Google Play and not via Google login. This fails for unknown reasons, most likely some kind of authentification problem.
    Interesting redundancy. I wonder why they implemented it this way. Maybe a legacy remnant? Anyway, I suppose it is what it is. Better to be able to run apps dependent on Google Play Services than log into Google Maps.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 09:45 AM
1,367 ... 1516171819 ...