I paid for this application thought it will run on blackberry 10.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 11:38 AM
    I mean no offense to the original poster and all those that have worked exceptionally hard on this fix/workaround.

Will we ever see the day where we won't need to drive ourselves mad with workarounds to make Android apps fully functional on a device that supports Android apps? Lol

Thanks again to the op. This is a great workaround. Just frustrated that everything on BlackBerry 10 needs a workaround lately

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Last edited by drfever; 08-03-14 at 01:40 PM.
    neilguy and dejanh like this.
    08-03-14 01:10 PM
    I mean month offense to the original poster and all those that have worked exceptionally hard on this fix/workaround.

Will we ever see the day where we won't need to drive ourselves mad with workarounds to make Android apps fully functional on a device that supports Android apps? Lol

Thanks again to the op. This is a great workaround. Just frustrated that everything on BlackBerry 10 needs a workaround lately

I understand your frustration, but the reality is that nobody should be purchasing a bb10 device for the android runtime. If you heavily rely on android applications, get an android device. The real issue is that google takes their "open source" OS, and load it full of dependencies that effectively make it not-so-open-source.
    08-03-14 01:24 PM
    I understand your frustration, but the reality is that nobody should be purchasing a bb10 device for the android runtime. If you heavily rely on android applications, get an android device. The real issue is that google takes their "open source" OS, and load it full of dependencies that effectively make it not-so-open-source.
    No, We don't purchase it for the Android Runtime and I certainly didn't. However I also didn't expect so many native app developers to switch up their native apps with half baked Android Ports.

The reality is that since purchasing my Z30 more of my favorite apps have gone to Android Ports, I can no longer buy music or videos from my BlackBerry anymore (blackberry world I mean) having to rely on another workaround (app download)

So, while I didn't purchase my BlackBerry 10 device for Android I might as well have gone Android given the heavy shift towards Android since I got my device.

With that said, if this is the way developers are going, they might as well take that extra step and make the stuff work.

neilguy likes this.
    08-03-14 01:45 PM
    No, We don't purchase it for the Android Runtime and I certainly didn't. However I also didn't expect so many native app developers to switch up their native apps with half baked Android Ports.

The reality is that since purchasing my Z30 more of my favorite apps have gone to Android Ports, I can no longer buy music or videos from my BlackBerry anymore (blackberry world I mean) having to rely on another workaround (app download)

So, while I didn't purchase my BlackBerry 10 device for Android I might as well have gone Android given the heavy shift towards Android since I got my device.

With that said, if this is the way developers are going, they might as well take that extra step and make the stuff work.

If you can't stand the heat. There's always

Android Central
    08-03-14 01:53 PM
    If you can't stand the heat. There's always

Android Central
    With respect I think you are completely missing my point

08-03-14 02:12 PM
    Thanks for making this awesome tool.
    Has anyone been able to get the Starbucks app from Snap is working with this process. I get the same error.

Attachment 288756
    Attachment 288757
    08-03-14 02:17 PM
    The way I see it is, I chose bb10 for the ui, fluid native feel, good workspace implementation. The android apps are just a bonus (that sometimes requires a bit of hacking).

If android ever figured out how to design their OS for one-handed use with a speck of consistency, or iOS wasnt so locked down and modularized, I'd consider those alternatives. For the time being, bb10 still wins in the most important criteria imo.
    08-03-14 02:21 PM
    Thanks for making this awesome tool.
    Has anyone been able to get the Starbucks app from Snap is working with this process. I get the same error.

Attachment 288756
    Attachment 288757
    Last I checked, the Starbucks app only uses api v1 which doesn't require patching anyways.
    08-03-14 02:47 PM
    At this time, do you recommend patching apps with GMaps Patcher instead of Lucky Patcher? Please advise. Thank you.
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3253
    Really a matter of preference. I like the gmaps patcher on PC since I can see/tweak/learn if need be. Lucky patcher is a matter of convenience, but if you're acquiring your apks from snap anways, it's not as convenient, since you need to install the apk, uninstall, patch, then reinstall.
    08-03-14 03:27 PM
    You may be on to something there. Cobalt or Sally Mack, do you still have the earlier version?
    Here's the last 4.x version patched https://app.box.com/s/jd2tgxd8ew2w25txsd25

Personally, I've experienced similar issues in the past, and found they're independent of Lucky Patcher. An uninstall of google play services, a couple hard resets, then a reinstall resolves those odd errors usually.
    tdyhedge likes this.
    08-03-14 03:29 PM
    Thanks Sally. I've done the same. I thought I had it licked the other day. The suddenly I got another google has stopped notice. I haven't downgraded yet because I really want this to work but thanks for uploading the file.

Btw -- I too hate work arounds but when they work they're great...but if I constantly have to fiddle with something to keep it working, that's where I become a bit impatient, and would rather keep an old version handy. Goes with the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.2.1.3253
    08-03-14 03:40 PM
    Last I checked, the Starbucks app only uses api v1 which doesn't require patching anyways.
    Any idea why I would get that error, and what I could do to fix it. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 04:01 PM
    Any idea why I would get that error, and what I could do to fix it. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what the error is, as your attachments arent visible. Try uploading again
    08-03-14 04:04 PM
    Thanks Sally. I've done the same. I thought I had it licked the other day. The suddenly I got another google has stopped notice. I haven't downgraded yet because I really want this to work but thanks for uploading the file.

Btw -- I too hate work arounds but when they work they're great...but if I constantly have to fiddle with something to keep it working, that's where I become a bit impatient, and would rather keep an old version handy. Goes with the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

sure enough as soon I post that, I start getting all sorts of weird issues with my google play services and android runtime. Hard reset time
    08-03-14 04:05 PM
    Not sure what the error is, as your attachments arent visible. Try uploading again
    Unfortunately, Starbucks has stopped.
    How to remove Google Play services dependencies with Lucky Patcher [but not Snapchat]-img_20140803_101757.png

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 04:42 PM
    sure enough as soon I post that, I start getting all sorts of weird issues with my google play services and android runtime. Hard reset time
    Isn't that the way it always goes... lol

08-03-14 05:02 PM
    The more I look into that Google code the more I'm surprised that this all works at all. A lot of problems are caused by the missing ability to read from com.google.android.gsf.gservices. We are not even able to read the android gsf key which is crucial for almost any Google app. We can only hope that things get better.
    moody likes this.
    08-03-14 05:17 PM
    Hey Cobalt, I know nothing about coding so let me ask a dumb question... Snap assigns us a gsf key. Is there some way to redirect any api calls there? No need to explain...a simple, no will do.

08-03-14 05:27 PM
    The more I look into that Google code the more I'm surprised that this all works at all. A lot of problems are caused by the missing ability to read from com.google.android.gsf.gservices. We are not even able to read the android gsf key which is crucial for almost any Google app. We can only hope that things get better.
    What I actually wonder about is why there is some apps that work and some don't. How do Android devices cope with those differences?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 07:24 PM
    I can't get Runkeeper working.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 08:17 PM
    What I actually wonder about is why there is some apps that work and some don't. How do Android devices cope with those differences?

Posted via CB10
    To answer this question and the question of tdyhedge:

The math is quite simple. The more the app relies on com.google.android.gsf the less likely it will work correctly. And yes, I have tried to inject GSF keys into some apps but it is not only the key, it's a whole bunch of stuff that is required. In fact, we would need to emulate all calls to com.google.android.gsf(.gservices) and return reasonable answers to the calling method. An other problem is, that quite a lot of permissions are not granted by the BB OS that would be required to get this framework run correctly.

So we can patch apps to a certain extent (Google Maps API, remove some dependencies) but that's it.
    moody, tdyhedge and Sally Mack like this.
    08-04-14 04:59 AM
    Unfortunately, Starbucks has stopped.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140803_101757.png 
Views:	1848 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	288789

Posted via CB10
    Working perfectly for me here. I'm running 10.2.1 on a z10. Mind you, I haven't tried to sign in with a starbucks card or anything, but I was able to traverse around the app without issue, including the mapping piece.

Only thing I could think of is that you're running a leak, so there may be a bug in the runtime causing your crash.
    08-04-14 10:34 AM
    Can anyone help me with modern combat 5 apk i have purchased this android application but even after removing google play dependency it still says " you need google account to play this game"

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 10:40 AM
    Can anyone help me with modern combat 5 apk i have purchased this android application but even after removing google play dependency it still says " you need google account to play this game"

Posted via CB10
    If it relies on a g+ login, it likely won't work. Upload the apk somewhere like mega.co.nz and pm me the link and I'll have a look (only because it's my day off today ).
    08-04-14 10:46 AM
1,367 ... 89101112 ...