Reboot?
    I did a hard reboot by holding down both volume buttons and it won't install.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:37 PM
    Going to have to give it try when I get home from work

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:42 PM
    I'll ask ChelpuS if he changed something that could cause this error.

As a quick fix, I patched the patcher (no joke!) and implemented the missing patches so that you have the same features (and the same patching procedure) as with 4.4.5.

It may be a good idea to check "disable updates" in settings to prevent the patcher from updating itself until we know what's going on.

Lucky Patcher 4.4.4 with updated patches (use for now on 10.2.1)
    Download
    moody, Furell and tryfe like this.
    07-21-14 01:45 PM

As a quick fix, I patched the patcher (no joke!) and implemented the missing patches so that you have the same features (and the same patching procedure) as with 4.4.5.

It may be a good idea to check "disable updates" in settings to prevent the patcher from updating itself until we know what's going on.

Download
    This one installs fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:54 PM

Download
    This installed just fine for me. Z30 10.2.1.2126
    cynthyud likes this.
    07-21-14 02:17 PM
    Will not install on z30

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-21-14 02:22 PM
    Will not install on z30

Which version did you try? 4.4.5 from the first post or 4.4.4 from the post just above?
    nelsonwolf81 likes this.
    07-21-14 02:30 PM
    The first installs but your latest patch will not. Error : Cannot install
    So far cannot get any Google apps to work such as gmail or calendar

07-21-14 02:39 PM
    That's rather strange, should be the other way around.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 02:51 PM
    Oh well. I've tried deleting all reinstalling etc. The patch refuses to get installed. Maybe just my phone. If you should come up with an answer please advise

07-21-14 02:54 PM
    Oh well. I've tried deleting all reinstalling etc. The patch refuses to get installed. Maybe just my phone. If you should come up with an answer please advise

Check out the first post and download the version for OS 10.2.1.
    07-21-14 03:57 PM
    This is awesome! Thanks!

I have successfully patched Dash (the driving app). I also tried the suggested custom patch the app recommended for Office Mobile - certainly didn't make the app run any worse as it still doesn't work.
    07-21-14 04:39 PM
    Thanks for this Cobalt. According to the list of apps on Lucky Patcher, HBO GO doesn't need to be patched, but it does not work. However it is now giving a different error message instead of the "needs Google Play Service..." message it used to give. Now it is returning the following:

"Google Play Services, which some of your applications rely on, is not supported by your device. Please contact the manufacturer for assistance."

Have they already caught on? I haven't seen this message before, or maybe I have and don't remember it.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    07-21-14 05:12 PM
    Thanks for this Cobalt. According to the list of apps on Lucky Patcher, HBO GO doesn't need to be patched, but it does not work. However it is now giving a different error message instead of the "needs Google Play Service..." message it used to give. Now it is returning the following:

"Google Play Services, which some of your applications rely on, is not supported by your device. Please contact the manufacturer for assistance."

Have they already caught on? I haven't seen this message before, or maybe I have and don't remember it.
    Can you post a link to the app on Google Play website? I will then look into it.
    07-21-14 05:21 PM
    Can you post a link to the app on Google Play website? I will then look into it.
    Like this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.HBO

Edit: I was reading the reviews on Google Play and even the Android folks are having major problems with this update. Perhaps that might be the reason. In Google's zeal to make sure BlackBerry folks can't use their apps, they are breaking them for their target market!
    Last edited by rickkel; 07-21-14 at 05:47 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-21-14 05:35 PM
    Like this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.HBO

Edit: I was reading the reviews on Google Play and even the Android folks are having major problems with this update. Perhaps that might be the reason. In Google's zeal to make sure BlackBerry folks can't use their apps, they are breaking them for their target market!
    It works after patching. You just need to patch using the procedure Cobalt stated earlier. Here are the steps:

1. Find your file and choose "Apk without License Verification".
    2. Unselect automode
    3. Select "Remove dependencies".

I would have uploaded my patched apk, but my Internet upload speed is terrible. I live outside of the US btw, so I had to use a US based IP VPN.
    Here is a screenshot of it working
    How to remove Google Play services dependencies with Lucky Patcher [but not Snapchat]-img_20140722_000958.png

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-21-14 06:21 PM

I get the same with pushbullet even though it didn't work before or now but it changed messages after the patch
    07-21-14 06:23 PM
    8 ball pool please!?

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    07-21-14 07:49 PM
    8 ball pool please!?

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    There's a patcher in the first post you should try.
    07-21-14 08:53 PM
    So I tried this with the latest patched version and now it no longer says there is a problem with Google play but it does still give the unfortunately metro cab has stopped, message
    To be clear, you've done the following:

1. Installed patched google play services that cobalt provided.
    2. Uninstall any existing instances of Boston metrocab.
    3. Ensure you have an unpatched copy of the apk on your device.
    4. Patch the unpatched apk using lucky patcher and the instructions cobalt provided.
    5. Install the patched apk that lucky patcher generated.
    07-21-14 09:22 PM
    Mr Cobalt,

Is there anyway you can take a look to see why Garmin Connect doesn't work with the patch?

It's no rush, so when you have some time.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 10:16 PM
    So I tried this with the latest patched version and now it no longer says there is a problem with Google play but it does still give the unfortunately metro cab has stopped, message
    Give this apk a shot. Be sure to uninstall existing copy you have installed, restart phone, then install this version.

https://app.box.com/s/8aww72u5nrpwyt47az35
    07-21-14 10:17 PM
    Right. I'll try later.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 10:33 PM
    I'm so happy! Uber and Lyft work!!!! Woohoo!!! Now I can use the $80 credit I have left lmao

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    07-22-14 03:22 AM
    Oh btdubs, download Uber and Lyft, use Lucky Patcher and Google Services, then:

Get $30 credit using my promo code on Uber: http://uber.com/invite/fdcnf

Get $25 credit using my promo code on Lyft:
    http://www.lyft.com/invited/john15808

Thanks! Let's scratch each others' backs. Haha

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    07-22-14 03:40 AM
1,367 ... 45678 ...