I kind of agree with what you are trying to say, but that theft analogy is just terrible.
    Also, I highly doubt the amount of BB10 users actively trying to 'block adds' from Android applications comes anywhere close to the amount of Android users trying the same. If Developers/Google are ever going to respond to anything of the sort, it will probably be to secure add revenue on their own platform, not on platforms they have already written off.
    Why is it terrible? Its analogy, not an actual action. Im just saying, its thought process. Extreme yes, but the premise is the same. People are complaining that if Android developers have a problem with them stripping their revenue from apps or using their apps and manipulating them, then they should just build for BB10. But I dont argue with people who know more than me. And I know I would feel some kind of way if my app is downloaded 100 or 1000 or 10000 times on to a unsupported platform and to top it off, I get 0 dollars from its usage.
    07-21-14 10:49 AM
    Cannot seem to get it to work on my z30 for any Google apps like Gmail

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-21-14 10:51 AM
    Can someone try to get pushbullet working then pm me.

I think ove tried every setting variant but cobalt knows thos better then I do.

Zippyshare.com - com.pushbullet.android-14.4.6-APK4Fun.com.apk
    07-21-14 10:55 AM
    Still can't get Mobilligy to work. Ah well.
    07-21-14 10:57 AM
    Why is it terrible? Its analogy, not an actual action. Im just saying, its thought process. Extreme yes, but the premise is the same. People are complaining that if Android developers have a problem with them stripping their revenue from apps or using their apps and manipulating them, then they should just build for BB10. But I dont argue with people who know more than me. And I know I would feel some kind of way if my app is downloaded 100 or 1000 or 10000 times on to a unsupported platform and to top it off, I get 0 dollars from its usage.
    Not to be a nitpicker, but us sideloading provides additional incremental revenue as compared to the status quo (dev having zero presence on bb10 devices as they intended). Stripping something that they never had to begin with isn't exactly "stripping".

Truthfully I don't condone stripping the ads, and sincerely believe most of us could care less to remove them. Half the time it breaks the app, and isn't worth the hassle.

If the dev were on the platform, they'd realize the full potential revenue as we would just get the app from BlackBerry world and not bother with these workarounds (which open up their app to potential "stripping").

Anyhow, back on topic. We have an awesome tool that enables our devices to do more.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-21-14 10:57 AM
    Not to be a nitpicker, but us sideloading provides additional incremental revenue as compared to the status quo (dev having zero presence on bb10 devices as they intended). Stripping something that they never had to begin with isn't exactly "stripping".

Truthfully I don't condone stripping the ads, and sincerely believe most of us could care less to remove them. Half the time it breaks the app, and isn't worth the hassle.

If the dev were on the platform, they'd realize the full potential revenue as we would just get the app from BlackBerry world and not bother with these workarounds (which open up their app to potential "stripping").

Anyhow, back on topic. We have an awesome tool that enables our devices to do more.
    Huh? Nevermind.. Youre right. Lets stay on topic.
    07-21-14 11:02 AM
    Can someone try to get pushbullet working then pm me.

I think ove tried every setting variant but cobalt knows thos better then I do.

Zippyshare.com - com.pushbullet.android-14.4.6-APK4Fun.com.apk
    Nobody has got this to work yet, so I think you're sol.
    07-21-14 11:09 AM
    Tried Google calendar don't work

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:12 AM
    Nobody has got this to work yet, so I think you're sol.
    that sucks
    07-21-14 11:33 AM
    Could you folks check Boston metro cab? Followed instructions and the app starts but when I try to book a cab it opens Google maps then says, "unfortunately, metro cab has stopped"
    I'm on 10.2.1 on a z30 and have gmap 8.1.1

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to be an ignorant do*che. (Yes, ignoring a request is an effective way to get someone to look at their post and explore on their own, why it may not have elicited the desired response!) Here's the link to BostonMetroCab. It also indicates "there is a problem with Google Play Services" when it is trying to open Maps. I did install both files as indicated in your first post.

Thanks!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ooker.MetroCab
    07-21-14 11:44 AM
    Does anyone know if this works for Google Play Music? I hate having to use my old Android phone just for music so if this works I'd be ecstatic..

(sorry if this has been asked/answered)
    07-21-14 11:53 AM
    Is Lucky patcher available for z10?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:54 AM
    All I have to say is...It's candy crush tiiiiiiiiiime. Sick. Thanks
    07-21-14 12:11 PM
    Does anyone know if this works for Google Play Music? I hate having to use my old Android phone just for music so if this works I'd be ecstatic..

(sorry if this has been asked/answered)
    Google play music doesn't require patching. It works as-is.
    07-21-14 12:21 PM
    Is Lucky patcher available for z10?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, check first post.
    07-21-14 12:23 PM
    Sorry to be an ignorant do*che. (Yes, ignoring a request is an effective way to get someone to look at their post and explore on their own, why it may not have elicited the desired response!) Here's the link to BostonMetroCab. It also indicates "there is a problem with Google Play Services" when it is trying to open Maps. I did install both files as indicated in your first post.

Thanks!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ooker.MetroCab
    To be clear, you've done the following:

1. Installed patched google play services that cobalt provided.
    2. Uninstall any existing instances of Boston metrocab.
    3. Ensure you have an unpatched copy of the apk on your device.
    4. Patch the unpatched apk using lucky patcher and the instructions cobalt provided.
    5. Install the patched apk that lucky patcher generated.
    07-21-14 12:26 PM
    ChelpuS just updated Lucky Patcher to version 4.4.5 and now implemented my patches into the code. Thanks buddy!

I'll update the first post, as the patching procedure now changes.

For the people that have received an update message and could not install the update, here's how to proceed:

1. Uninstall Lucky Patcher
    2. Go to misc/android/luckypatcher/download and install the downloaded update from there
    3. Go to misc/android/luckypatcher/ and remove file com._%ALL.txt

Now run Lucky Patcher. To patch an apk:

1. Find your file and choose "Apk without License Verification".
    2. Unselect automode
    3. Select "Remove dependencies"

That's it!
    moody likes this.
    07-21-14 12:55 PM
    Correct

To be clear, you've done the following:

1. Installed patched google play services that cobalt provided.
    2. Uninstall any existing instances of Boston metrocab.
    3. Ensure you have an unpatched copy of the apk on your device.
    4. Patch the unpatched apk using lucky patcher and the instructions cobalt provided.
    5. Install the patched apk that lucky patcher generated.
    07-21-14 12:59 PM
    New version does not install. Old version does. Is the new version only for 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:05 PM
    It won't install for me either in Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3253

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:10 PM
    I did not test the new version on 10.2.1. Maybe a reboot of the device solves the problem?

The first post has been updated with the new download-Link. Can you try if it makes any difference?
    07-21-14 01:12 PM
    Downloaded the new version from OP, but same thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:20 PM
    I'm on 10.2.1.3247

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:21 PM
    I'm on 10.2.1.3247

Posted via CB10
    Reboot?
    07-21-14 01:28 PM
    Neither solves it. Still can't install
    I did not test the new version on 10.2.1. Maybe a reboot of the device solves the problem?

The first post has been updated with the new download-Link. Can you try if it makes any difference?
    07-21-14 01:29 PM
1,367 ... 34567 ...