You don't have to patch voice, just use the Google login account apk, sign in through maps and you are good

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3175
    What's the Google login account apk?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:24 PM
    Worked on Twitter! And a properties listing app from my country.

I use a mac, and the windows based patcher was not so convenient for me.

Thank you!!

PS: tried on LINE, the "custom patch" option wasn't there, so I have tried the "without license application" option with all 3 boxes ticked. So far so good with only one popup

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:35 PM
    Google Maps must not be patched. It works right out of the box. If you post the link to the timely apk, I'll look into it and fix the problem.
    It's the timely app from therefore the version available in the playstore. I don't have a way to attach it here.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:37 PM
    Tried Google Keep. Didn't work. Still looking for account.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:57 PM
    I am baffled by the Weatherbug app. I tan it through the windows patcher, paused the rebuild and removed the Google ads folder and anything that said ads from the manifest. They still show afterwards. LOL

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:00 PM
    Tried this for 2 apps, timely and Google maps. Neither seems to work for me. With timely when using the patcher after touching "rebuild " the "custompatch-applied" option is not in the list. So as you can assume I still get the Google play services need error.

Attachment 286196

For Google maps I get that option but in the end whenever I launch the app I get "Google play services has stopped" the "unfortunately maps has stopped " then the app crashes.

I'm running 10.3.0.700 and I used the apk from snap. If that makes any difference.

Posted via CB10
    Choose Apk without License Verification and check only Remove Dependencies to patch Timely

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:36 PM
    Anyone with 8ball pool working?

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    07-20-14 08:45 PM
    Can someone try to get pushbullet working then pm me.

I think ove tried every setting variant but cobalt knows thos better then I do.

http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/5769614/file.html

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 09:21 PM
    Is it possible to log in to google account? Some apps need to log in.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 10:30 PM
    I wonder about Android apps that just close and don't say "need Google Play services". My Radar is one for example.
    07-20-14 10:56 PM
    I wonder about Android apps that just close and don't say "need Google Play services". My Radar is one for example.
    Worth trying, but usually you'll get an error if it's a google play services dependency.
    07-20-14 11:17 PM
    Is it possible to log in to google account? Some apps need to log in.

Posted via CB10
    In most cases it'll login, then spit an error out shortly after saying network connection error or something along those lines. No other way then to try. He's made it so bloody easy that you can patch it faster than you can post on the forums.
    moody and Furell like this.
    07-20-14 11:18 PM
    Gracias!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 11:25 PM
    NICE!
    07-21-14 05:14 AM
    Use the following settings for Weatherbug:

Remove Links from APK = ON
    Minimize Ads size = OFF
    Resize Ads to zero = ON
    Corrupt Ads receiver = ON
    Black rectangle = OFF
    Offline patch = ON
    Other patches = ON
    Getting an App to work is one thing.... Don't know how developers would feel about it, but as long as we are't stealing apps they might not mind it too much. Turning off their Ad Support, might be a totally different matter. I would hate to see threads like this on CrackBerry used at some future Android Developer conference to highlight the importance of "locking out" other platforms.

In the past our PlayBook community was too small to really worry about But as BB10 is growing, and as there are other platforms trying to do much the same (Sailfish, Tizen, Chinese Android devices... ) - don't think Google or Developers are going to just sit back and ignore us for much longer.
    07-21-14 07:47 AM
    Getting an App to work is one thing.... Don't know how developers would feel about it, but as long as we are't stealing apps they might not mind it too much. Turning off their Ad Support, might be a totally different matter. I would hate to see threads like this on CrackBerry used at some future Android Developer conference to highlight the importance of "locking out" other platforms.

In the past our PlayBook community was too small to really worry about But as BB10 is growing, and as there are other platforms trying to do much the same (Sailfish, Tizen, Chinese Android devices... ) - don't think Google or Developers are going to just sit back and ignore us for much longer.
    I was thinking the same thing. Apps are free on Android because developers receive revenue from the ads. Stiffling their revenue stream is a whole new issue now. It just takes one article from an angry developer ....
    07-21-14 07:55 AM
    Anyone know if this will let you sync your Clash of Clans game?
    07-21-14 08:08 AM
    I share the same concern, but unfortunately this application is the best way to patch apps (I've been aware of lucky patcher for some time to resolve other issues us bb10 users suffer through like license checks but have held back).

One could make the argument that we're incremental users that wouldn't have been using the app otherwise, so no harm done.
    It's a tough balancing act to respect devs yet still be able to unlock the potential of our devices.

This could also open some devs eyes to an opportunity to put their app up on BlackBerry world
    Furell, moody and Mecca EL like this.
    07-21-14 08:53 AM

But Android devs don't officially support BB10 phones so why would they care about ad revenue? If they cared so much then they should have uploaded their APK to BB world.

In terms of locking out other platforms, they are already trying to do this with the GS dependency they are putting into their apps.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-21-14 08:54 AM
    Not to mention the rampant piracy across the entire android platform. We're probably the least of Android devs concerns.
    Furell and moody like this.
    07-21-14 08:56 AM
    Anyone happen to find a solution for apps that require login to a google account? i'm trying to get Clash of Clans to work on my Z30 (Runs amazing btw...) but I can't sign into my existing Play Games account after patching. it says "No accounts to choose from"

Is there a way we can 'sign in' to a google account with these patched apps?
    07-21-14 09:02 AM
    Anyone happen to find a solution for apps that require login to a google account? i'm trying to get Clash of Clans to work on my Z30 (Runs amazing btw...) but I can't sign into my existing Play Games account after patching. it says "No accounts to choose from"

That's what I am waiting for. I have COC running on bluestacks, so if I can get it to sync from android or ios, I should be good.
    07-21-14 09:46 AM

Games generally struggle with this. So far the only apps we've seen some success with are a few google apps like Gmail, music, youtube (limited success).

I've managed to patch google play games and even get it to recognize my account, but using the g+ sign in in an actual game still fails with network error. You can always try.
    07-21-14 09:47 AM
    But Android devs don't officially support BB10 phones so why would they care about ad revenue? If they cared so much then they should have uploaded their APK to BB world.

In terms of locking out other platforms, they are already trying to do this with the GS dependency they are putting into their apps.
    Because the revenue is still generated when you use their apps. Its how they pay their bills. When they run their analytic program reports, they will notice a discrepancy in revenue for BB10. " Google Analytics is deriving data from all users that consent to data collection from Mobile App Analytics integration; this may include users that have obtained your app from other app distributors, as well as users that have sideloaded your app. As a result, the number of users detailed in these reports should not be directly compared" Stripping out whats gives the money in the first place, doesnt make someone want to do anything for another platform, it makes want to get more secure in terms of building their apps.. Meaning more Google play services integration. And yes, Google knows BB10 is using Android apps.

Its like breaking into someone house and stealing their TV because they didnt let you watch it. And then saying " well they should have let me used in the first place, so I wouldnt have to steal it"
    07-21-14 09:47 AM
    I kind of agree with what you are trying to say, but that theft analogy is just terrible.
    ...Its like breaking into someone house and stealing their TV because they didnt let you watch it. And then saying " well they should have let me used in the first place, so I wouldnt have to steal it"...
    Also, I highly doubt the amount of BB10 users actively trying to 'block adds' from Android applications comes anywhere close to the amount of Android users trying the same. If Developers/Google are ever going to respond to anything of the sort, it will probably be to secure add revenue on their own platform, not on platforms they have already written off.
    07-21-14 10:25 AM
1,367 ... 23456 ...