Quizup patched apk please..!!

Posted via CB10
    Reported.
    06-20-14 10:51 AM

Off topic:

Cobalt, thanks for putting all the work into this. Awesome work, much appreciated!

On Topic:

I have an idea. The first post in the thread is updated regularly.....with....updated stuff, and a little faq section, etc. How about expanding the first post, to include the most commonly asked and answered questions, like this Quizup thing.

I know, it's more work, but it'll save time in the future.

I started reading this thread yesterday, went through part of it and some other areas on the forum. I realized that the answer to my question is in this thread, but the new question was "where". First thing I did when I realized this is the place (but I'll need to keep reading to find it), was to read the first post, because that's the one that usually gets updated since most people read threads form the start. I did, and voila!

I know, it's best to read the whole thread, but it's not a short one. And when one is new at this, one reads, re-reads, and gets lost, and then repeats the process, and it all takes time. The last part of the first post in this thread could include a message about "reading the rest of the thread being-important, so that repeated questions aren't asked, or something to this effect.

Just trying to help in alleviating your need, and others, to re-answer the same questions.
    Last edited by pomidor; 06-20-14 at 12:51 PM.
    06-20-14 12:00 PM
    Agreed pomidor. In fact, I think we all agree on your points. I've been meaning to put something up for quite some time, but haven't had the time to assemble it the way I'd like.

But based on the posting patterns I'm seeing, some people aren't even reading a single post.

Not the first post, not the last post, nothing. It's clear that they're just going in blind and ignorantly posting.
    kfroese and Sky ryen like this.
    06-20-14 01:10 PM
    Agreed pomidor. In fact, I think we all agree on your points. I've been meaning to put something up for quite some time, but haven't had the time to assemble it the way I'd like.

But based on the posting patterns I'm seeing, some people aren't even reading a single post.

Not the first post, not the last post, nothing. It's clear that they're just going in blind and ignorantly posting.
    I concur with that assessment. Doesn't matter if the thread is about an OS, app, what-have-you, there is almost no point in updating the OP because the only people that read it are the kind that are probably also going to read the whole thread before posting anyhow. The number of repeat questions (why no STL100-1, where is Quiz Up, when is next leak going to be, and so forth) is diluting this forum as a whole. For example, there are 19 posts about Quiz Up in only 28 pages of this thread...
    06-20-14 04:52 PM
    Thanks to all for for your comments and your support.

I agree with you that it would be nice if readers, especially newbies, would read at least the first post, or do as I do and read all the posts of a thread before posting questions.

But even with these recurring questions we have a great community participating in this thread. Regarding the fact, that we have over 70'000 hits on this thread, there must be quite a lot of readers, even if they don't post. So let's keep up our work and the spirit to help.
    06-20-14 05:43 PM
    I am also getting the error " unable to get your current location, please try again ". Another problem which I am facing is that when you search for a flight, if you leave the search window open for a few seconds it automatically goes back to map view, r u facing this?
    No, I don't have the search problem you describe. I click on the magnifying glass, then click 'search' and the search window stays up until I close it; the search itself does return results (in case you were wondering).

What version of the APK are you using? Mine is 5.2. Also, I just got the "go to my location" to work (read below)

I haven't seen the app, but in the patcher try checking the third box in advanced about signature check before patching.

Also, some apps just suck at finding your location. I think it depends on the methods employed within the android app itself.
    I did what you suggested, I re-patched but with the signature option this time. Same result. I then also added the "additional services option", re-patched, and it works now (not right away, I have to stay in the app for a while before it finally goes to my location after I click the related icon). I'm wondering, if I were more patient and persisted at re-trying the feature in the other patched apk of mine, would it eventually start to work as well, kind of like what you suggested: "...some apps just suck at finding your location." and I just needed to be more patient in waiting for this app to un-suck itself.

Either way, I got it to work so I'm happy, thanks for your help

urShadow, do you want a link to my patched spk?
    Last edited by pomidor; 06-21-14 at 06:33 AM.
    06-21-14 03:43 AM
    May I ask does this solve or connect Clash of clans connectivity on google +? Thanks sorry im a new guy here hehe

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 06:58 AM
    Sorry, no.
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    06-21-14 10:51 AM
    No, I don't have the search problem you describe. I click on the magnifying glass, then click 'search' and the search window stays up until I close it; the search itself does return results (in case you were wondering).

What version of the APK are you using? Mine is 5.2. Also, I just got the "go to my location" to work (read below)

I did what you suggested, I re-patched but with the signature option this time. Same result. I then also added the "additional services option", re-patched, and it works now (not right away, I have to stay in the app for a while before it finally goes to my location after I click the related icon). I'm wondering, if I were more patient and persisted at re-trying the feature in the other patched apk of mine, would it eventually start to work as well, kind of like what you suggested: "...some apps just suck at finding your location." and I just needed to be more patient in waiting for this app to un-suck itself.

I *think* it would have worked if you were just more patient and waited for the app to unsuck hehe.

That said, I have some apps that suck like yours does (they do eventually find my location... or work well, depending on where I am), and I'll try the extra services option to see if it makes a difference.
    shiszil likes this.
    06-21-14 10:54 AM

The APK version is 1.0.5.2101 so the version is the same, let me try what you have suggested above and if I didn't succeed then I would request u to share your apk. Thanks.
    06-21-14 11:01 AM
    A friend of mine (android user) informed me today that the quality of voice chat through fb messenger is better than skype, the official fb messenger for BB10 is not available thus I downloaded from snap, it connected and text msgs are going fine but it fails to establish a call, anyone else has tried it?
    06-21-14 11:08 AM
    Some news from the coding cave. I'm currently rewriting the patcher so that it will support xml file input. Normal users will not notice any changes, but advanced users (as Sally ) will be able to modify the patching code in the fingerprint file.

Stay tuned for more news...

Code:
    EXAMPLE SYNTAX

# Patch declares the beginning of a patching sequence 
    # It must always be closed at the end of the sequence 

<Patch>

# PatchTitle declares the title that will be displayed in the log of the patcher

<PatchTitle>
    Patch Google Vending dependencies
    </PatchTitle>

# FileIdentificator declares the string the patcher will search for in all smali files to identify the file to patch
    # Strings in double quotes ("") must be escaped. Example: "com.android.vending" becomes \"com.android.vending\" 

<FileIdentificator>
    Google Play services signature invalid
    </FileIdentificator>

# SearchMethod declares the smali method that will be patched
    # Brackets must be escaped. Example: (abc) becomes \(abc\)

<SearchMethod>
    \.method public static a\(Landroid\/content\/Context;\)I
    </SearchMethod>

# ReplaceMethodWith declares the content that the whole method will be replaced with. 
    # Leave empty, if you just want to replace strings in the smali file
    # and use SearchString and ReplaceString instead

<ReplaceMethodWith>
    .locals 1
    .param p0, "context"    # Landroid/content/Context;
    .prologue
    const/4 v0, 0x0
    return v0
    </ReplaceMethodWith>

# EndMethod declares the end of the method (is always .end method)
    <EndMethod>\.end method</Endmethod>

# SearchString declares a string to be searched and replaced inside the current smali file.
    # A SearchString must always be followed by a ReplaceStringWith
    # You can declare a free number of search and replace strings
    <SearchString>Blackberry is not supported</SearchString>

# ReplaceStringWith declares the replacement string for above searchstring
    <ReplaceStringWith>Blackberry is now supported</ReplaceString>

# Declares the end of this patching sequence
    </Patch>
    urShadow, eywong and Sally Mack like this.
    06-21-14 11:18 AM
    Hi Cobalt232,

I got Z10 few days ago and your work is the most valuable for me to get my fav apps working. Nevertheless, there is an error in app called Torque. It seems to be working fine until I touch "map view", then the app terminates. Would you mind looking at it and try to find a way to fix it? GMaps Patcher says there is nothing to patch. Thanks in advance. I could post a link for the apk here if it helps you.
    Last edited by WitCZ; 06-21-14 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    06-21-14 11:35 AM
    The APK version is 1.0.5.2101 so the version is the same, let me try what you have suggested above and if I didn't succeed then I would request u to share your apk. Thanks.
    Search feature is more stable now but location feature is still not working for me, plz share the link to your apk, thanks.
    06-21-14 11:39 AM
    Please someone give me the Google play service apk working!!

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    06-21-14 06:59 PM
    Where can I download the Gmaps patcher???

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 12:35 AM
    try the first post of this topic, as usual :/
    06-22-14 01:03 AM
    try the first post of this topic, as usual :/
    Google play services in the first post doesn't work!

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    06-22-14 03:53 AM
    Anyway, he asks for GMaps patcher.
    06-22-14 04:03 AM

Search feature is more stable now but location feature is still not working for me, plz share the link to your apk, thanks.
    Our versions are close, but not the same. You have the latest one (as of this writing):
    I have the previous one:

If I open up Snap and go to My Apps, it says that an update is available for my version.

Here's the link to my patched version:

FlightRadar24 Pro v-1.0.5.2003 patched

Why don't you post a link to your unpatched APK? I'll see how it behaves on my phone as-is and when patched in various ways.

Also, I'm using the latest patched Google Play Services that Cobalt posted recently. Not sure if this matters though, but this is Cobalt's link:
    Google Play Services 4.4.52
    Last edited by pomidor; 06-22-14 at 08:50 AM.
    w1ndex11 likes this.
    06-22-14 04:55 AM
    cannot open the link ^^

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 08:05 AM
    You can't open either of the two links, or just one, which one?

They open fine for me

Or are you having problem extracting the .rar file in the first link?

EDIT:
    I re-uploaded just the APK (there was no need for the .rar anyway) and changed the first link in my previous post to reflect that
    Last edited by pomidor; 06-22-14 at 08:52 AM.
    06-22-14 08:26 AM
    Here is the patched app you requested:
    Nhanha

And there is a new patched Google Play Services APK that includes MAPS API V2 key injection and some major bugfixes.

This version includes:
    • Patch for enforceCallingOrSelfPermission exception
    • Patch for SignaturePermissions exception
    • Patch for Google Maps API v2 key injection
    • Patch for SecurityException thrown because of spoofed signature
    • Patch for GetAccountsByTypeForPackage exception
    • Patch for GetApplicationRestrictions exception
    • Patch for GetUserRestriction exception
    • Patch for AppOps exception

Google Play Services should now be more stable and not throw exceptions (crash) all the time.
    Download here: Google Play Services 4.4.52
    Thx Cobalt.. I rarely posting in CB, juz when I really stuck smwhere. Anyway frm al my reading since my first join CB (even b4 registering) , this 2 name always come across, cobalt n sally (there's few other but quite difficult to remembered them). TQ again for all ur voluntarily support. I do believe there's more users like me, passive users (read but not posting). Chill guys

Posted via CB10 from my Z10-STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-22-14 08:39 AM
    Installed the apk but still quizup doesnt work...!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:11 AM
    May I ask that you read the very first post. You will then unterstand why QuitUp can not work.

Sent from my Q10 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-22-14 10:50 AM
4,042 ... 2627282930 ...