WHen I open the patcher it says \lib missing...
    06-05-14 12:13 PM
    Your Google Play Services Mini Patcher works on my WinXP. Using it, I patched Google Play services version 4.4.52 and then I installed the patched .apk on my Z10. No problems, so far. Thanks for the nice tool. (For reference, I attached the patcher's session dialog, below.)
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175

Session dialog:
    Working on C:\GMaps_Patcher_Win_v0.9\tmp\com.google.android.g ms-4452036.apk
    [Extracting dex file from apk package]
    Done.
    [Checking enforceCallingOrSelfPermission]
    Found C:\GMaps_Patcher_Win_v0.9\tmp\com.google.android.g ms-4452036\imq.smali
    .method private static c()V in imq.smali detected
    [Patching Permissions Verification]
    Done.
    [Checking Signature Verification]
    Found C:\GMaps_Patcher_Win_v0.9\tmp\com.google.android.g ms-4452036\bhd.smali
    .method public static a(Landroid/content/ContextI in bhd.smali detected
    [Patching Signature Verification]
    Done.
    [Rebuilding]
    Done.
    [Signing and Zipaligning]
    Done.
    The package com.google.android.gms-4452036.apk has been successfully patched. Check \output folder for patched file.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.
    Could you provide the patcher with the lib folder please? When I extract the zip file there is no lib folder.
    06-05-14 12:18 PM
    Never mind, I read the instructrions... LOL
    Sally Mack likes this.
    06-05-14 12:31 PM
    Sally, I took your advice and installed login services and google maps 6 so I could have both the apps that depend on Play services, plus starred places available in Google maps.

Everything worked fine, which is great, but the problem is that I logged in with a test Google account first and now I want to log in with my proper Google account (which has all the starred places). Unfortunately though, I cannot see how I can change the Google Account. In the Google Account app, if I try to add an existing account, it just prompts me for a password (presumably of the account I entered first time round).

I have tried deleting and reinstalling both login services and Google Maps but it makes no difference - it seems to have saved the account details somewhere so that even deleting the apps doesn't remove them. Any idea what I can do?

Thanks!
    06-06-14 09:14 AM
    Uninstall it all, do a hard reset using the double volume button method.

Verify there's no trace of Google anything in ghost commander's applications menu.

Reinstall and try logging in again.
    Donkeyfumbler likes this.
    06-06-14 12:54 PM
    Hello! Is it only me or anyone else is stuck on processing? I've tried Snap and this but the only thing i get is an endless processing
    do u know the reason why?what should I do?could that be Android Runtime?
    I dont know what else to do and nothing helps
    I appriciate your help!
    06-06-14 06:22 PM
    Hello! Is it only me or anyone else is stuck on processing? I've tried Snap and this but the only thing i get is an endless processing
    do u know the reason why?what should I do?could that be Android Runtime?
    I dont know what else to do and nothing helps
    I appriciate your help!
    Sounds like your android runtime is having some trouble. Try a hard reset using the double volume button method if you haven't already.
    06-06-14 07:53 PM
    Sounds like your android runtime is having some trouble. Try a hard reset using the double volume button method if you haven't already.
    It worked!!! Thanks! I knew it was something wrong with AR but I didn't know what exactly
    Thank you so much!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 03:12 AM
    Hey guys and gals, thanks for all this hard work! I have need of some help (or answers) if possible?

Tried to get this app for Toronto Cycling to work. I followed the instructions, added the patched Google Play Services, and Account Manager, logged into Google Maps and patched successfully! The app is fully functional now except when I click on Maps it's blank? I've done hard reset and tried everything else but can't seem to figure it out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Here's a link to the original APK:

https://mega.co.nz/#!cdRjUIwI!11gZJZIlpv3mV7ciDkMpTLNb3xRN8l8QD_4eZrh 6vPA

EDIT: I used an online decompiler and included now is a source.zip file if that helps. Thanks again.

source.zip
    06-10-14 11:31 AM
    Hey guys and gals, thanks for all this hard work! I have need of some help (or answers) if possible?

Tried to get this app for Toronto Cycling to work. I followed the instructions, added the patched Google Play Services, and Account Manager, logged into Google Maps and patched successfully! The app is fully functional now except when I click on Maps it's blank? I've done hard reset and tried everything else but can't seem to figure it out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Here's a link to the original APK:

https://mega.co.nz/#!cdRjUIwI!11gZJZIlpv3mV7ciDkMpTLNb3xRN8l8QD_4eZrh 6vPA

EDIT: I used an online decompiler and included now is a source.zip file if that helps. Thanks again.

source.zip
    Hi

These are the steps to get this app working:

1. Patch the APK file (com.brisksynergies.cycle.toronto-466.apk) with GMAPS Patcher
    2. Install the prepatched Google Play Services from the output folder of the Patcher

That's it.

Edit: Added the patched file for your convenience
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua9icqvf6i...66-patched.apk
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 06-10-14 at 03:07 PM.
    06-10-14 02:54 PM
    This thread has become massive. Kudos to all!

Can someone summarize what the advantage of patching the Google Play Services? Also, what is the advantage of Google Maps 6? Where can I find them? Thanks.
    06-10-14 03:08 PM
    This thread has become massive. Kudos to all!

Can someone summarize what the advantage of patching the Google Play Services? Also, what is the advantage of Google Maps 6? Where can I find them? Thanks.
    I'll be nice and answer, rather than telling you read the thread and/or search.

1. You need to patch it for apps that use things like Google maps to work properly. (otherwise things like maps don't show, or errors pop up).

2. Google maps 6 will allow you to have Google play services installed (for the reasons mentioned above), and also be logged in to your Google account to access things like starred places. Google maps 7+ won't let you log in if google play services is also installed.
    06-10-14 03:38 PM
    Hi

These are the steps to get this app working:

1. Patch the APK file (com.brisksynergies.cycle.toronto-466.apk) with GMAPS Patcher
    2. Install the prepatched Google Play Services from the output folder of the Patcher

That's it.

Edit: Added the patched file for your convenience
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua9icqvf6i...66-patched.apk
    Thank you. I thought I tried that, but obviously I missed something. I never claimed to be the brightest bulb on the planet...

Thanks again so much for this. Truth be told, I'm not a big cyclist but two of my closest friends are avid cyclists in the GTA and I can't wait to send this to them! I'm going to donate to your efforts and help keep you good people well fed. You certainly deserve it.

You are an invaluable part of the BlackBerry community, your efforts are appreciated.

All the best.
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    06-10-14 03:57 PM
    Done. Donated, hope it's enough.

I encourage everyone else to support these guys and gals for all their hard work to help us all out!
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    06-10-14 04:01 PM
    I'll be nice and answer, rather than telling you read the thread and/or search.

1. You need to patch it for apps that use things like Google maps to work properly. (otherwise things like maps don't show, or errors pop up).

2. Google maps 6 will allow you to have Google play services installed (for the reasons mentioned above), and also be logged in to your Google account to access things like starred places. Google maps 7+ won't let you log in if google play services is also installed.
    Sally,
    I think you missed my question. I get why you patch the apps (apk files). I asked why there is a separate patch code for Google Play Services. Or do I misunderstand? see #575 Google Play Services Mini Patcher.. Is there an advantage to patching the latest Google Play Services apk?
    06-10-14 09:58 PM
    A patched Google play services is required to run those apps which rely on it. Patching the app alone is only half the battle.

Having the "newest" version... The benefits are questionable. But it's nice to have a patcher in case a newer version enables some new features.
    06-10-14 10:09 PM
    Now would it make sense to patch a newer Play Store?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 10:44 PM
    Wouldn't work anyways.
    tryfe likes this.
    06-10-14 10:49 PM
    Anyone have success with Uber or Lyft using the latest patcher?
    06-11-14 03:14 PM
    Yup, uber works great.
    06-11-14 03:41 PM
    Hi

today I tried WatchDogs Companion:ctOS Mobile.

Without patching the app installs but hangs and closes after some time
    I tried different patch options (+ Signature Permissions, + addiditonal Play Services).
    I tried to remove the "-" sign in the german app name.
    Now i get "app is initialized, please wait" and then the app crashes... any ideas?
    From the manifest.xml i can see that the app requires(?) a services from ubisoft
    Code:
     <service android:name="com.ubisoft.OnyxEngine.ExpansionDownloaderService"/>
     <receiver android:name="com.ubisoft.OnyxEngine.ExpansionAlarmReceiver"/>
    [...]
      <service android:exported="false" android:name="com.ubisoft.OnyxEngine.ADMMessageHandler"/>
    Any idea how to get this working?

Cu
    David
    06-12-14 04:18 AM
    Hi

today I tried WatchDogs Companion:ctOS Mobile.

Without patching the app installs but hangs and closes after some time
    I tried different patch options (+ Signature Permissions, + addiditonal Play Services).
    I tried to remove the "-" sign in the german app name.
    Now i get "app is initialized, please wait" and then the app crashes... any ideas?
    From the manifest.xml i can see that the app requires(?) a services from ubisoft
    Code:
     <service android:name="com.ubisoft.OnyxEngine.ExpansionDownloaderService"/>
     <receiver android:name="com.ubisoft.OnyxEngine.ExpansionAlarmReceiver"/>
    [...]
      <service android:exported="false" android:name="com.ubisoft.OnyxEngine.ADMMessageHandler"/>
    Any idea how to get this working?

Cu
    David

Did you install the patched Google Play Services? If this is missing, the app may immediately crash after startup. One other thing you can try is to patch without decompiling resources. Turn off "Decompile Resources" in options.
    06-12-14 10:44 AM
    Hi Cobalt, I have not been able to patch the last Uber. I had to un check Decompile resources in order to have patched, but then the map did not work. Other patch ed apps (Car2go) work just fine.
    Any suggestions.
    Thanks for your superb tool!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 11:34 AM
    Hi Cobalt, I have not been able to patch the last Uber. I had to un check Decompile resources in order to have patched, but then the map did not work. Other patch ed apps (Car2go) work just fine.
    Any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    If resources are not decompiled, the patcher can't replace the API V2 key in AndroidManifest, therefore the map will not show up. I'm currently looking into it to find a workaround.
    06-12-14 03:15 PM
    Any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, this is a try for a workaround. Not sure if it works. I tested it with TimeWarner WiFi Finder and it seems to display the map, without having AndroidManifest patched.

How to proceed:

1. Patch uber with option: "Decompile resources" OFF
    2. Install the new Google Play Services

Please report back if it works.

Google Play Services (Test Version)
    ralfyguy likes this.
    06-12-14 03:34 PM
4,042 ... 2223242526 ...