Cobalt, I was wondering if you could help out with trying to get Active911 app. I'm a volunteer fire fighter, other members have iPhones or Android , couple of us have BBs. App runs but won't connect to Active911 server, keep getting error message "Registration with Active911 failed. Check your internet connection and retry your Device Code." I have tried patching with Gmaps but no luck.
    James, sorry for the late reply. I would be happy to help the firefighters in you area, but I can not test the app without having access to the Service of the 911 app. Can you provide a device dode for testing? You can PM it. But be aware that there is no guarantee that I can fix this app.

Sent from my Q10 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-05-14 03:26 PM
    Hi,

I love running and I love zombies.. so i thought i have to get "Zombies, Run!" for my Z30!

This morning i spent several hours patching "Zombies, Run!" - PlayStore Link

First i read in the Forums that the problem may be correlated to the fact that the App title contains an comma character. So i spent a long time in getting APKTool to run (no one tells about how to get aapt and copy it to the dir). I edited the strings.xml file and removed the comma and the exclamation mark. But the apps still doesn't install - app cannot be installed.

Then I walked through the threat where all this started, found the link to your very first dos command based app and tried to convert without success. Then I found this thread and converted the original apk successful. Again it failed to install.

So i thought maybe it's both, the name and the gmaps api. So i tried to patch the cleaned up version i have done with apktool before. But unfortunatly this didn't work neither. Can you image what else prevents this app from being installed?

[edit]
    It works now... well the app installs and runs, but i cannot download Audio Files through the app.

I realized that "comma-patched" version wasn't correct, because i still saw the commas in the Blackberry App Install dialogue.
    So i did it again, this time doing the whole process in the Gmaps Patcher.
    1. Open Gmaps Patcher
    2. Under Options Choose "Rebuild even if no patching (pause before rebuilding)
    3. remove any blanks and special characters from file name
    4. Drag&Drop APK File to GMaps Patcher
    5. Patch
    6. When the Dialogue box appear go into the /tmp directory and remove the comma and the exclamation mark from the Apps name in /res/values/strings.xml. You find it under <string name="app_name">.
    7. save and close the XML
    8. press OK in the dialogue
    9. copy to device an install

Maybe you should check the App Name as well.

Thanks in advance
    David
    Thanks David for sharing this. Names with special characters definitely are a problem. Cleaning this stuff out before recompiling is a good solution. To make the patcher do this automatically may be possible, but it will take some time to develop such a function.

The steps required would be to fist look for the Name in AndroidManifest, then decide if the shown name is the true name or just a reference to strings.xml, then follow the reference, get the Name, remove unwanted characters and then put the name back to the right place.

I may look into that in the future. For now it must be done manually.
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 05-06-14 at 03:51 AM.
    05-06-14 02:27 AM
    Can u make respawnable able tu play..it connect with google play..

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 03:44 AM
    Hi Cobalt,

thanks for your reply... have you any idea how i can get the Downloads working? I'm not sure if they are blocked by missing Google play functionality or because of the version of the app i use. There is no popup or error message, it just doesn't work because nothing happens, if i tap the download button.

Thanks
    David
    05-06-14 05:01 AM
    Hi Cobalt,

thanks for your reply... have you any idea how i can get the Downloads working? I'm not sure if they are blocked by missing Google play functionality or because of the version of the app i use. There is no popup or error message, it just doesn't work because nothing happens, if i tap the download button.

Thanks
    David
    Maybe you can get some more details on this by using my Blackberry Logger application. The download link is in my signature.

Run the logger, press 6 to clear the device buffer, press 4 to delete existing logfile (does not exist on a new installation), then press 2 to begin on screen logging. The log will be displayed on you screen and it will be written into a logfile in the main directory of the logger.

Then post the log here, ok?
    05-06-14 05:19 AM
    Yeah that was it. Groupon finally works! Thanks for having this fixed. Most apps patched still crash though. I have tried the following with the latest 0.9 patcher with the following results:

Groupon - works!
    Tripadvisor - Crashes, but Cobalt's Dropbox link earlier in this thread provides a version that works with Google maps
    GMaps - Crashes
    Yelp - Worked when I had the broken patched GMaps installed, but once I downloaded the unpatched GMaps from Snap, it gives me the Ninja Dinosaur error and can't find my GPS. So I had to go back to the Yelp from SNAP without maps
    Travelzoo - Crashes

I'm running the latest leak, 10.2.1.29xx on Z30 on Rogers if that helps. I believe I did the patching process correctly (downloaded from Snap, extract APK from phone, patched, copied apks from output folder onto my phone and then installed). Still, happy I got Groupon and Tripadvisor working! Morning well spent
    I just wanted to mention that Tripadvisor requires specific patching to work. Here are the required steps:

1. Run the patcher with the option to pause
    2. When the patcher pauses, go to \tmp folder and change the following line in AndroidManifest:

Code:
    Change this:
    <provider android:authorities="@string/GLOBAL_TRIPADVISOR_SEARCH_PROVIDER_AUTHORITY" android:exported="true" 

To this:
    <provider android:authorities="com.tripadvisor.tripadvisor.GlobalTripAdvisorSearchProvider" android:exported="true"
    Save the file and then press OK in the patcher and let it rebuild the package. That's it.
    05-06-14 05:50 AM
    Can u give the new link for Gmaps Patcher please

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 08:22 PM
    Im trying to install gmap patcher but when I click to install it, some popup came out say folder \lib is missing, cant continue..how to fix this? Window 8 user

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 08:49 PM
    Go to the first post, and download the package from there. Then copy and paste the newest .exe file (which sounds like you already have) into the folder you unzipped the package on the first page to.
    05-06-14 09:03 PM
    The downloadpackage in post 1 contains the latest version of the patcher and google play Services.

05-07-14 01:14 AM
    Maybe you can get some more details on this by using my Blackberry Logger application. The download link is in my signature.

Run the logger, press 6 to clear the device buffer, press 4 to delete existing logfile (does not exist on a new installation), then press 2 to begin on screen logging. The log will be displayed on you screen and it will be written into a logfile in the main directory of the logger.

Then post the log here, ok?
    Hi.. thanks for your advice.. i think i can stop now... the LOG says

Code:
    W/ZR3MissionListFragment(409506027): AssetPack Download start...M-E01
    E/ZombieDownloadManager(409506027): Error for M-E01 >> Google Play Billing unavailable right now.
    So it's the missing Google Play Billing

Cu
    David
    05-07-14 02:48 AM
    Yep, looks bad. Even if you install Google Play Store this will not work. We're out of luck.

05-07-14 03:48 AM
    Hi Cobalt. Could you please help me look up what could be the problem here that prevents the android SopCast app from working? I could install and log in to my account just fine. But when I enter a sopcast address, it says error: can not load SOP engine. Could you please do help me so that I can finally ditch my android phone. I would be willing to donate too if you can make it works. A million thanks in advance.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140508_034547.png
    05-07-14 02:51 PM
    How about Quiz Up? Has anyone got it to work?
    05-08-14 12:55 AM
    Can someone patch google maps (the latest version) for me?

I'm facing one problem with this thread. No offense, but this thread is really complex and very difficult for a newbie to understand.

I downloaded the patcher v8.0 and tried to patch google maps. It worked, but will that allow me to sign in? Is it possible to do so? Or does the patcher just eliminate google map loading error? Well maps were working (not only google but also ingress) before patching itself.

Also, I have a request to developers who may be reading this thread now. BlackBerry is an exceptional Os, but the fact that it doesn't have a good mapping application is really appalling. I know if you are from Canada, you might be pointing at BlackBerry maps, but for those of us from Asian countries, BlackBerry maps don't work (no map data) .

Hence, I appeal to those developers to create a reliable and accessible native google maps application for bb10. And to those of you who might mock me and ask me to purchase Be maps 10 pro, I'd like to remind you that it is a paid app, and that is not the case on any other os where you have mapping apps. Please do not mistake me to be bemoaning about BlackBerry 10, I am just appealing for a native maps app that works with Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 01:06 AM
    Yeah I tried several of the Gmaps Patcher v0.9 on Quiz Up, no success.
    05-08-14 01:18 AM
    Can someone patch google maps (the latest version) for me?

I'm facing one problem with this thread. No offense, but this thread is really complex and very difficult for a newbie to understand.

I downloaded the patcher v8.0 and tried to patch google maps. It worked, but will that allow me to sign in? Is it possible to do so? Or does the patcher just eliminate google map loading error? Well maps were working (not only google but also ingress) before patching itself.

Also, I have a request to developers who may be reading this thread now. BlackBerry is an exceptional Os, but the fact that it doesn't have a good mapping application is really appalling. I know if you are from Canada, you might be pointing at BlackBerry maps, but for those of us from Asian countries, BlackBerry maps don't work (no map data) .

Hence, I appeal to those developers to create a reliable and accessible native google maps application for bb10. And to those of you who might mock me and ask me to purchase Be maps 10 pro, I'd like to remind you that it is a paid app, and that is not the case on any other os where you have mapping apps. Please do not mistake me to be bemoaning about BlackBerry 10, I am just appealing for a native maps app that works with Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    Hi

I can understand that this all may be confusing to you. Even though the patcher itself is very easy to use, there is some know-how required to understand how it all works. So here some helpful tips:

The first post you should read is this one. It explains, why we have to patch apps in the first place. It's about the Google Maps API v1 and v2 that is used in various apps do display maps:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post10152725

Now to Google Maps itself. Google Maps App must NOT be patched. If you want to login to Google Maps, you should follow this guide I wrote some time earlier. Follow the steps and you should be ready to go:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post10175045

Hope this helps!

BTW:
    Quiz Up doesn't work
    Candy Crush doesn't wok

Ah, did I mention that Quiz Up doesn't work?
    WWBlondieDo and tryfe like this.
    05-08-14 02:36 AM
    Cobalt232 (apologies if your username was spelt incorrectly) , I am not a developer, but I was wondering that it would be amazing if android apps could be converted to native bb20 ones with some kind of algorithm. To me it seems quite logical, since BlackBerry 10 supports many types of development formats (from apk to html)

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 02:44 AM
    Hey cobalt, why don't you create a BBM Channel. At least things will be way more organized

Posted via CB10
    SkypilotOfHope likes this.
    05-08-14 02:45 AM
    Cobalt232 (apologies if your username was spelt incorrectly) , I am not a developer, but I was wondering that it would be amazing if android apps could be converted to native bb20 ones with some kind of algorithm. To me it seems quite logical, since BlackBerry 10 supports many types of development formats (from apk to html)

Posted via CB10
    Well, that would be quite cool, but I believe that this is not possible. BlackBerry apps use different frameworks to ingegrate into the OS. It may be possible if you have the source code of the app, but I guess you can see the problem here.

If it is of interest to anyone: The alias I'm using in the forum (cobalt232) is the name/type of my boat

05-08-14 03:13 AM
    Hey cobalt, why don't you create a BBM Channel. At least things will be way more organized

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, like the idea, but I fear I would be flooded with requests. Still got a life beside this

SkypilotOfHope likes this.
    05-08-14 03:15 AM
    Hey, cobalt232, I fully respect your privacy. Anyways, the Google maps app runs pretty smooth, except for occasional glitches. Is it possible to improve the flow and efficiency? Or will the change only with BlackBerry 10.3

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 03:46 AM
    Hey, cobalt232, I fully respect your privacy. Anyways, the Google maps app runs pretty smooth, except for occasional glitches. Is it possible to improve the flow and efficiency? Or will the change only with BlackBerry 10.3

Posted via CB10
    I believe that this is the best result you can achieve. Maybe 10.3 with the ability to use Google Login (whatever that means) will make things better. We'll have to wait and see.
    05-08-14 06:51 AM
    I believe that this is the best result you can achieve. Maybe 10.3 with the ability to use Google Login (whatever that means) will make things better. We'll have to wait and see.
    Forgive my ignorance, Cobalt. Could it be possible that the ability to use Google login (whatever that means?) would help with all of the 'Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped' problems?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 09:23 AM
    Forgive my ignorance, Cobalt. Could it be possible that the ability to use Google login (whatever that means?) would help with all of the 'Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped' problems?

Posted via CB10
    It's hard to tell how BB will implement the Google account features and what problems it will solve. What app do you have that gives the "Google Play Services has stopped" error? Maybe something did not patch correctly?
    05-08-14 09:56 AM
4,042 ... 1415161718 ...