Remove the unpatched version before installing the patched one.
    10-15-16 01:08 PM
    Thanks everyone, I ended up finding that sideloadbb10 site and that got Play Services installed for me in like five minutes Of course the two apps that I want are no longer on Play Services - go figure.....
    10-15-16 04:34 PM
    Thanks everyone, I ended up finding that sideloadbb10 site and that got Play Services installed for me in like five minutes Of course the two apps that I want are no longer on Play Services - go figure.....
    Murphys Law! Try searching in other apk sites..maybe there..

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    10-15-16 04:48 PM
    Murphys Law! Try searching in other apk sites..maybe there..

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    The only thing I was looking for were my two old soundboard apps that I used for my notifications. They had been on my phone for years and apparently Google is cracking down on the soundboard programs or something (or so I'm told). Oh well - I'm assuming I could probably just put .mp3 files on the Blackberry and have them set for notifications?
    10-15-16 05:12 PM
    No. I run 4.4.4 on all of my BB10 devices. In fact, it's the only version that will allow you to buy apps on the Play Store.

It would seem you have some broader issues going on with your device.
    Hey Conite, I'm back. Small crisis caused by leaving my Q10 in a cab reminded me that I also have a Classic, which Assurion sent to replace my original June 2013 Q10 that I drowned in the toilet. Got the current Q10 on eBay, as I wasn't enamored of the Classic.

Sorry for the waffle...point of the matter is, the Classic is clean of Cobalt's system. So I'ma try from the start. Do have one question - early on, when BB10 first came out, and 10.1 was being developed into 10.2, I noticed a distinct different OS evolutionary lines - the ones w 4 digits at the end, and the ones w 3. Case in point, Classic's on 10.3.2.2813, and the Q10's on10.3.2.858. Is there really like two "strains" of BB10? What's the diff?

I'll start loading up Cobalt's package tmrw and report back.

TS

SQC100-3 | 10.3.2.858
    10-16-16 01:52 AM
    Do have one question - early on, when BB10 first came out, and 10.1 was being developed into 10.2, I noticed a distinct different OS evolutionary lines - the ones w 4 digits at the end, and the ones w 3. Case in point, Classic's on 10.3.2.2813, and the Q10's on10.3.2.858. Is there really like two "strains" of BB10? What's the diff?

I'll start loading up Cobalt's package tmrw and report back.

TS

SQC100-3 | 10.3.2.858
    Your Classic is simply on a higher revision of the same OS strain. 10 denoting the main line, 3 the major revision number, 2 the minor revision number, and finally the release number for each version within the minor revision's life. It starts at 1, and doesn't stop counting up, till the next minor revision is developed. In our case, 10.3.3 is the next minor revision, representing a more significant change than mere refinement, but not significant enough to warrant 10.4. It's similar to the Dewey Decimal System used in libraries, with regard to numbering practices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewey_...Classification
    10-16-16 06:59 AM
    Your Classic is simply on a higher revision of the same OS strain. 10 denoting the main line, 3 the major revision number, 2 the minor revision number, and finally the release number for each version within the minor revision's life. It starts at 1, and doesn't stop counting up, till the next minor revision is developed. In our case, 10.3.3 is the next minor revision, representing a more significant change than mere refinement, but not significant enough to warrant 10.4. It's similar to the Dewey Decimal System used in libraries, with regard to numbering practices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewey_...Classification
    Erm, yeah, that's pretty obvious.

There appears to have been, since 10.2.x leaks began in 2013, two distinct development tracks, one which ended in 3 digits, and the other in four, after the 10.2.x./10.3.y. I was wondering what the difference between the 7-digit OS's and the 8-digit variants, like different strains

SQN100-2 | 10.3.2.858
    10-16-16 03:54 PM
    Hello

Thank you for this effort to ensure continued relevance of BB10 post 2016. I am afraid, the Patcher (1.6) does not seem to work correctly when patching Whatsapp.
    I have added the original Whatsapp to the whitelist, as prescribed. It shows in the refreshed white list.
    I have applied the recommended patch, as indicated by the Patcher.
    However, the patched PKS does not install. It reports that it cannot be installed.
    My BB10 is 10.3.2.2836.
    An attempt to uninstall original Whatsapp, before patching, seems to fail and kills the Google Services. I thought this only happened in 2876 http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12206982.

Advice will be appreciated, as I am sure this is probably the most patched Android app for the next month or two, before Whatsapp stops functioning on 31 Dec on BB10.
    I have resolved the issue by going through the mission of reverting back to the older Android system, as suggested by Cobalt. Or so it seemed. But there is a rather disappointing twist in the tale.

Initially, it seemed the older Android system would not start at boot and took a bit to start when one attempted to run an Android app (such as Amazon Player). But, eventually, the Android Player started and I could do proper uninstall of the original Whatsapp. Thereafter, the patched Whatsapp installed normally.

However, it will not setup properly. It launches and then asks for the telephone number, so that it may send a verification code (so far, so good). But, instead of sending the code, it pops up a complaint that there is something wrong with the app and when this is dismissed, returns to asking for a telephone number in an endless cycle. The original Whatsapp for Android does not do this, but complains that it depends upon Google Play services etc.

I am afraid, the spoof trick does not work with Whatsapp, Cobalt. This is a huge disappointment, because my entire effort with going for the Cobalt solution, was to be able to run Whatsapp off my BB10 Classic.
    Last edited by JP Barnard; 10-17-16 at 09:45 AM.
    10-16-16 04:45 PM
    Erm, yeah, that's pretty obvious.

There appears to have been, since 10.2.x leaks began in 2013, two distinct development tracks, one which ended in 3 digits, and the other in four, after the 10.2.x./10.3.y. I was wondering what the difference between the 7-digit OS's and the 8-digit variants, like different strains

SQN100-2 | 10.3.2.858
    There are not 2 strains. It began at 1, rose steadily to your Q's 858, kept on counting up, and eventually reached 2888 as the latest, highest official 10.3.2 OS release number. You can load it on both the Q and Classic. The links are found in the leak section, though it's really official. There hasn't been a true leak in around 2 years.

Think of it this way...
    You are driving your car 99mph. You accelerate to 100. Is it a different strain of speed, or simply one more mph?
    10-16-16 11:19 PM
    There are not 2 strains. It began at 1, rose steadily to your Q's 858, kept on counting up, and eventually reached 2888 as the latest, highest official 10.3.2 OS release number. You can load it on both the Q and Classic. The links are found in the leak section, though it's really official. There hasn't been a true leak in around 2 years.

Think of it this way...
    You are driving your car 99mph. You accelerate to 100. Is it a different strain of speed, or simply one more mph?
    So just an omission of the last zero, eh? I'm just not used to seeing that - most software my limited experience has encountered retains no. of digits, with the zero at the end.

Yeah, I know recent "leaks" have been officially released elsewhere globally, and the US is always behind the updates are pushed through providers, with draconian procedures.

SQN100-2 | 10.3.2.858
    10-17-16 09:02 AM
    Thanks again. 1.6 seems to work better, but I still can't get the patched app to call the maps. My original API disappeared in my Dashboard on Google, so I used another one I had created subsequently. It doesn't show any activity.

I tried to enable it, but not sure I did? Nothing indicates it is available. Perhaps there's a delay...

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    10-17-16 09:40 AM
    Is anyone having trouble making in-app purchases? I am unable to make a purchase in Clash of Clans. I've already checked options and I'm signed in and connected. It just keeps saying there's an error.
    10-17-16 06:55 PM
    So just an omission of the last zero, eh? I'm just not used to seeing that - most software my limited experience has encountered retains no. of digits, with the zero at the end.
    I'll try this one last time, and if you still need clarification, PM me. We're way off topic.

Start counting at 1. Keep counting and don't stop till you get to 2888. Then you are where we are now.

Yeah, I know recent "leaks" have been officially released elsewhere globally, and the US is always behind the updates are pushed through providers, with draconian procedures.

SQN100-2 | 10.3.2.858
    Once it's official, it's official. Maybe not specifically for every carrier, but that doesn't make it less official for BlackBerry, and in CrackBerry's eyes. Again, we're off topic.
    10-17-16 07:04 PM
    Is anyone having trouble making in-app purchases? I am unable to make a purchase in Clash of Clans. I've already checked options and I'm signed in and connected. It just keeps saying there's an error.
    You have to be running login 4.4.4.
    10-17-16 09:02 PM
    You have to be running login 4.4.4.
    Saw that in the other thread and it worked. Thanks again.
    10-17-16 09:15 PM
    After patching what's app with the 1.5 beta patcher I tried installing it and it works but when I was signing in to what's app the six digits code could not be sent to me, to enable me to finalise my settings, the feed back I had is there was a problem with your version of what's app download the latest from play store. Please help me out conite.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 410239
    Last edited by DagaduKojo; 10-18-16 at 09:34 PM.
    10-18-16 05:40 PM
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20161019_023108.png

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 09:32 PM
    i have the same issue, and without patching it hangs at the BACKUP SEARCHING?!
    10-19-16 02:54 AM
    I'll try this one last time, and if you still need clarification, PM me. We're way off topic.

Start counting at 1. Keep counting and don't stop till you get to 2888. Then you are where we are now.

Once it's official, it's official. Maybe not specifically for every carrier, but that doesn't make it less official for BlackBerry, and in CrackBerry's eyes. Again, we're off topic.
    You're right, we're way off topic on this thread. Maybe I'll pm you to understand better

Am deleting my previous posts re: this topic.

SQN100-2 | 10.3.2.858
    10-19-16 06:20 AM
    I have one problem. When I try to patch an app, everytime the Google Play Services patch is recomended and I click continue I recevie message that the app doesn't require patching. What's wrong? I have up to date java and I'm using patcher 1.6 and also I have problem with WhatsApp as mentioned above. It says that something is wrong with my version. HELP!
    Last edited by Vitno; 10-20-16 at 04:34 AM.
    10-20-16 04:12 AM
    hai, i'm new to this
    i tried to patch an uber driver apk and it is succeed.
    but the gmaps doesn't appear when i open the app
    please help
    note: i'm using a Z3 with OS 10.3.2.2836 and google maps installed.

this is the ss
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-whatsapp-image-2016-10-21-13.43.02.jpeg

thanks in advance
    10-21-16 01:58 AM
    hai, i'm new to this
    i tried to patch an uber driver apk and it is succeed.
    but the gmaps doesn't appear when i open the app
    please help
    note: i'm using a Z3 with OS 10.3.2.2836 and google maps installed.

thanks in advance
    Don't bother, because the latest Uber app doesn't patch when decompile is set to on and you inject your own developer api key (which is what you need to do in order to see maps).

Use m.uber.com.
    10-21-16 07:11 AM
    ouwh i really thanks to this thread
    thanks in advance, nahadoth and so sir cobalt
    it works on my Z3
    10-21-16 08:03 AM
    Conite, after realizing my patch was OK I went back and installed patched Google Maps.

The results are the same as I get in the map dependent apps... no streets show.

But, my favorites do show, which seems like the street "layer" isn't showing? Not sure what that tells me.

When I go into Google Maps in my browser all works fine?

Has to be some sort of issue with my device, but can't figure it out, sigh.
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20161021_102302.png
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20161021_102154.png

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    10-21-16 10:48 AM
    Conite, after realizing my patch was OK I went back and installed patched Google Maps.

The results are the same as I get in the map dependent apps... no streets show.

But, my favorites do show, which seems like the street "layer" isn't showing? Not sure what that tells me.

When I go into Google Maps in my browser all works fine?

Has to be some sort of issue with my device, but can't figure it out, sigh.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161021_102302.png 
Views:	448 
Size:	307.6 KB 
ID:	410374
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161021_102154.png 
Views:	448 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	410375

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    GMaps not working properly is not related to other apps not displaying maps. You have two separate problems.

Are you sure you have Cobalt's Google Play Services build 5?
    10-21-16 10:56 AM
4,042 ... 132133134135136 ...