Downloaded the patcher on my PC. Hooked my BlackBerry Z30 up to my very old 2006 PC (running Windows XP) using a USB cable. Had to do this because I use a Mac laptop now and haven't turned this PC on in years, but read in the comments here that the patcher only works on PC.

My phone is charging, but the PC is not recognizing my BlackBerry. I tried different USB outlets on the PC but same issue. What am I doing wrong?

And once I can get it to work (if ever!), to patch, do I simply run the patcher on my PC, look for the APK files saved oj my phone through my PC and patch?

Posted via CB10
    I have a similar setup. On the PC I drag and drop files to my phone using blend. I use websites like pureapk.com to get the APKs on my PC although I suppose you could download them using Colbalt's playstore, blend them over to the PC, patch, then blend them back.
    04-19-16 08:56 PM
    I am thinking in buying the classic but I want to check before I decide. Your method does work on them without any problems? No lags in starting apps? No crashes? Will I get apps updates from Playstore?
    I am asking because I have previous experience with blackberry Z30 and before your method android apps there were very slow and unreliable.
    04-21-16 08:57 PM
    I have installed the newest Play Services and used Patcher 1.5 on the Aps. Well, Google Maps is working fine on my Z30. Apps FlightRadar24Pro and Planefinder open but don't Show any landscape. These Apps are using Google Maps too.

Attachment 397069Attachment 397070

As you see on the screenshots!!!

I created an API and Flightradar is working now. The App Planefinder ist still failing to Show landscape even I did a API twice and patched it.
    Are u used version?
    I use Z30 (10.3.2.2876) and cobalt's file apk:
    GG Account Manager 4.3.3
    Blackberry GG ID 2.8
    Google Play Services 8.4.89 Build 5
    Google Play Games 3.6.27
    But GG maps 9.23.1 (Patch by Play Services Patch 1.4) don't work.
    04-21-16 10:06 PM
    You guys need to create the Google Maps and Geoloaction services APIs first. Then use the latest Patcher 1.5beta. I would also patch the latest version of Google maps as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 11:02 PM
    Attachment 397922

Hi Cobalt,

Can you patch and post a link here about one of the newest, updated version Google app to us BlackBerry 10 users please?

- Google Play Games

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 04-22-16 at 06:06 PM.
    04-22-16 03:55 PM
    Link seems to be broken? Not Found?
    04-26-16 06:59 PM
    I think that Play Services Patcher is the best tools out there for BB10 users who want to put Android apps on their phones! Having said that...

I don't post alot on Crackberry but I have an interesting problem. I have a file (Angry Birds Transformers_v1.14.3_apkpure.com.xapk) which I cannot convert because of the .xapk file extension. I did a little research on the file type and it is a new .apk with a OBB file attached to it. In this particular case, what can be done? Can Play Services Patcher be modified to accommodate .xapk files? That may take a major development effort.

Please advise; thanks.
    04-26-16 09:24 PM
    yup link is dead...Not Found

The requested URL /files/PS_Patcher-1.4.zip was not found on this server.

ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...patcher-1.4.zip/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to forward this request at this time.

This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and
    All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.
    04-27-16 03:00 PM
    The patcher link is not working for me either as I received a similar error message. We need Cobalt to the rescue!
    04-28-16 09:14 AM
    Cobalt has been very uncharacteristically absent here. I hope every thing is well with him. Maybe he is occupied in trying to solve this issue.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    04-28-16 11:09 AM
    how many agree if cobalt create a google play service and pay to cobalt before download..use pay pal service to donating him..i hope cobalt you can do it google play service do not used pc to download.just used app from BlackBerry phone.need more simple way to download google service and Work 100%

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 12:22 PM
    Cobalt has been very uncharacteristically absent here. I hope every thing is well with him. Maybe he is occupied in trying to solve this issue.
    Hey Smokeaire

Thanks for caring. Everything is fine. I've been quite busy with doing some other stuff.

About downloading my apps:
    My friends at Swisscom have informed me that my website is the most used website/ftp server they have ever seen for a private person. My download links are currently generating 1.4 Terabytes of traffic each month. It looks like there still are a lot of BlackBerry fans around the world! Unfortunately, the existing download server will be closed down in the next few weeks. It is being replaced with a new service.

I'm goint to move all of my apps to the new Swisscom Service "My Cloud", which offers unlimited storage and bandwidth. The move should be completed this weekend. There may may be some interruption/availability problems until everything is done.
    04-28-16 01:27 PM
    Come now you have another life than BB......shocking! I to am glad all is well, and thank you very much for the up-date!
    04-28-16 02:53 PM
    Hey Smokeaire

Thanks for caring. Everything is fine. I've been quite busy with doing some other stuff.

My friends at Swisscom have informed me that my website is the most used website/ftp server they have ever seen for a private person. My download links are currently generating 1.4 Terabytes of traffic each month. It looks like there still are a lot of BlackBerry fans around the world! Unfortunately, the existing download server will be closed down in the next few weeks. It is being replaced with a new service.

I'm goint to move all of my apps to the new Swisscom Service "My Cloud", which offers unlimited storage and bandwidth. The move should be completed this weekend. There may may be some interruption/availability problems until everything is done.
    Morning (here) Cobalt,

Very glad everything is well with you. Thanks for letting us know. Life shouldn't always be focused on and by cell phones.
    I somehow thought that one focus was on the server download issue. I guess it is a great compliment to your work that there is an overload albeit frustrating for you and for those who rely on your efforts to keep our Blackberrys relevant and more functional than if we had to depend only on apps in BBW.
    Thanks for all your efforts, and having a life.

Chuck
    04-29-16 04:41 AM
    Hi Folks,

first of all: Thanks for that cool summary on how to patch Android apps, which use Google Play Services for the useage on a blackberry.

I've installed the essential Google apps (pre-patched) and then patched Google maps with the PS Patcher 1.4. The apk-file ist compiled successfully, but unfortuanly after copying it to the blackberry and then starting the apk-file out of the file browser the message "the app could not be installed" appeares.

I've also tried the same procedure with other Apps ans also with the PS Patcher 1.5 beta 2, but always the same result.

Any ideas?
    All Essential-APKs are installed as mentioned here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Best regards,
    Alex
    04-29-16 08:48 AM
    Did you delete the original file after Patching on your phone?
    04-29-16 05:28 PM
    Hey first and foremost THANKS A LOT for your technical support for all of us (bb 10 users) is remarkable the lot u know, anyway even when I want to follow all the steps u share, I cant because the links for downloading the apk files don't work, they report this error: "HTTP 404 Not Found", so, how do I fix that? Because I need my android apps to work

Looking forward to hear your answer as soon as possible

Thanks and congrats!
    04-30-16 01:46 AM
    Hey first and foremost THANKS A LOT for your technical support for all of us (bb 10 users) is remarkable the lot u know, anyway even when I want to follow all the steps u share, I cant because the links for downloading the apk files don't work, they report this error: "HTTP 404 Not Found", so, how do I fix that? Because I need my android apps to work

Looking forward to hear your answer as soon as possible

Thanks and congrats!

Hey Smokeaire

04-30-16 05:44 AM
    Can someone please assist me with whitelisting apps? I have some apps that I need to use that have stopped working due to not being able to connect to the server (due to recent updates from the developers). I already have the unpatched apks, I just can't figure out the whitelist process (I've already viewed the thread from Cobalt on the process). TIA.
    04-30-16 12:14 PM
    Can someone please assist me with whitelisting apps? I have some apps that I need to use that have stopped working due to not being able to connect to the server (due to recent updates from the developers). I already have the unpatched apks, I just can't figure out the whitelist process (I've already viewed the thread from Cobalt on the process). TIA.
    Just open the whitelist app, select "add package", and then point to your unpatched apk.
    04-30-16 12:59 PM
    I have a similar setup. On the PC I drag and drop files to my phone using blend. I use websites like pureapk.com to get the APKs on my PC although I suppose you could download them using Colbalt's playstore, blend them over to the PC, patch, then blend them back.
    Thanks for your suggestion... I didn't know you could access file manager with Blend but I will try it. I am also new to patching. There are a few apps I need patched due to not having Play Services. I really want to be able to do this.
    From what I am reading, you need a PC to download Cobalt's PS Patcher with phone attached or sideloaded. Too bad the patcher couldn't be downloaded directly to the phone like Cobalt's playstore, and BB Google ID, etc. and then the app patched all from the phone. Maby someday we will.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 01:57 PM
    Actually, I think Lucky Patcher was able to be downloaded to the phone, but couldn't get it to work.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 03:16 PM
    I can't patch the new Google Map apk.

I am using the PS patcher 1.5 beta 2

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    04-30-16 05:52 PM
    Why don't you try the 1.4zip v? However, it seems we are in the midst of the change to Cobalt's new home download servers... "server not found " he said we might encounter disruptions / delays. Let's be patient. I for one think we are very lucky to have him and he deserves every donation he gets and more!

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    04-30-16 11:32 PM
    I notice there is a backup version 1.3.1 from mega.co.nz. I tried to download the file in Chrome and said the file is malicious and chrome blocked it. Is this normal or what's up with this? Anyone know? Maby I will wait till PS Patcher is available...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 11:57 PM
4,042 ... 112113114115116 ...