What you mean?
    It means that using a developer OS will always give you some problems. But it's better than nothing.

Just sideload the apps I gave you.
    07-26-18 09:09 AM
    So, I suspect I already know the answer to this question, but is there any way to use Uber or Lyft on BB10 right now? I've tried an older version of the Lyft app (from around when it was still on the Amazon app store) and it tells me it won't work until I update it. I've downloaded a more recent version, patched it, whitelisted it, and installed it, and it's still saying I need to update play services to use it.

It looks like Cobalt hasn't updated Play Services since 2017, or they're stuck because of the ancient Android runtime.

I'm assuming I'm SOL? I was planning on going back to my Passport and giving my KeyOne to the missus because her DTEK50 might as well not even have a battery, it drains so fast. But without my ride sharing apps the phone is useless to me.

(And the mobile sites are next to useless. Lyft's mobile sites won't search for Canadian addresses, and Uber's mobile site won't accept my Canadian credit card because I don't have a Zip code)
    12-20-18 07:43 PM
    So, I suspect I already know the answer to this question, but is there any way to use Uber or Lyft on BB10 right now? I've tried an older version of the Lyft app (from around when it was still on the Amazon app store) and it tells me it won't work until I update it. I've downloaded a more recent version, patched it, whitelisted it, and installed it, and it's still saying I need to update play services to use it.

It looks like Cobalt hasn't updated Play Services since 2017, or they're stuck because of the ancient Android runtime.

I'm assuming I'm SOL? I was planning on going back to my Passport and giving my KeyOne to the missus because her DTEK50 might as well not even have a battery, it drains so fast. But without my ride sharing apps the phone is useless to me.

(And the mobile sites are next to useless. Lyft's mobile sites won't search for Canadian addresses, and Uber's mobile site won't accept my Canadian credit card because I don't have a Zip code)
    This solution is pretty much dead now because of the age of the last modified Google Play Services.

Keep one eye on the lifeboats.
    12-20-18 08:12 PM
    This solution is pretty much dead now because of the age of the last modified Google Play Services.

Keep one eye on the lifeboats.
    The red K2LE isn't even available in Canada yet! I'm likely to go down with the ship.

I wonder if I can just double-sided adhesive my iPod Touch to the back of my Passport for Lyft and Uber... Do they make a Passport case with an iPod pocket?
    12-20-18 08:17 PM
    Ugh, too many Android apps. The phone's at 44% battery by lunch time. Sigh.
    12-21-18 11:57 AM
    Ugh, too many Android apps. The phone's at 44% battery by lunch time. Sigh.
    That'll do it plus maybe the aging battery in the Passport. Must be 4 years old by now.
    12-21-18 11:59 AM
    That'll do it plus maybe the aging battery in the Passport. Must be 4 years old by now.
    I got one of the last red ones sold in Canada, but yeah. At this point in the day my KeyOne hasn't even hit 80% yet.
    12-21-18 12:01 PM
    Hi. I want know if I can buy an application with cobalt playstore? Everything will be OK? Or I need functional Google play services?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-19 03:43 PM
    Hi. I want know if I can buy an application with cobalt playstore? Everything will be OK? Or I need functional Google play services?

Posted via CB10
    Payment doesn't work anymore.

This solution is almost extinct.
    01-07-19 04:51 PM
    A friend of mine lives in US and wants to buy a Passport for first time. His questions are:
    1- if he can install and use Uber (in any way... patch) on a passport today?

2- Another question is which of models SQW100-1, 100-2, 100-3, 100-4 are compatible in US?

3- I tried latest version of OneDrive apk on my own passport and it could not be installed. Any chance older versions can be installed? There is an OneDrive app in blackberry world. Apparently that does not work anymore.

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    03-09-19 02:40 PM
    A friend of mine lives in US and wants to buy a Passport for first time. His questions are:
    1- if he can install and use Uber (in any way... patch) on a passport today?

2- Another question is which of models SQW100-1, 100-2, 100-3, 100-4 are compatible in US?

3- I tried latest version of OneDrive apk on my own passport and it could not be installed. Any chance older versions can be installed? There is an OneDrive app in blackberry world. Apparently that does not work anymore.

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    OneDrive is no longer supported. Neither is DropBox or Box.

All Passports have the same LTE-band support.

Use m.uber.com.
    03-09-19 02:45 PM
    OneDrive is no longer supported. Neither is DropBox or Box.

All Passports have the same LTE-band support.

Use m.uber.com.
    Thank you for your quick response. Can he connect to his OneDrive using BB or firefox browser? ( I don't use clouds and I am not familiar)

Posted via CB10
    03-09-19 02:55 PM
    Thank you for your quick response. Can he connect to his OneDrive using BB or firefox browser? ( I don't use clouds and I am not familiar)

Posted via CB10
    Yes. He could use Firefox or Kiwi browsers.
    03-09-19 02:57 PM
    Yes. He could use Firefox or Kiwi browsers.
    Not the native browser?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-19 03:00 PM
    Not the native browser?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure to be honest, but the native browser is abysmal in almost every other way.
    03-09-19 03:01 PM
    Not the native browser?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, it's "unsupported".

p.s. I use Kiwi and it works fine
    03-09-19 03:31 PM
    Can anyone give me a patched version of youtube vanced that allows sign in?
    I'll be eternally grateful

Posted via CB10
    03-24-19 02:56 AM
4,042 ... 160161162