Okay... what is the procedure for this... After I update, do I try to login again?

Regarding the Google Maps: As I can see it the patched version is only cable to locate the position via wifi info... the dot i grey without direction indication and "jump" around as i move down the street. In unpatched version, the dot gets blue and have compass direction
    The unpatched version of Google Maps used to work fine on my Passport. I haven't used it in a while as I use the KEYone for that purpose. Not sure if something has changed. The patched version should work too.
    04-18-18 12:02 PM
    I can run the unpatched version but it drains the battery very fast. It also hang for 10 sec. when putting the cursor in the search field and such - all-in-all not practical. I have been experimenting with some alternatives to google maps (citymapper and herewego). These to apps use google maps data (at least for showing the map) and have no problem with getting the "blue dot" generated by gps data. If I restart the phone and open google maps, the app will use gps to get location for the first 10-15 sec. - after that it only locate with wifi/gsm.

The alternative apps are okay, but nothing really beats google maps. I live in Tokyo so complete and realtime transit info is a must have
    04-24-18 03:56 AM
    You do have installed Google Play Services, right?
    04-25-18 01:13 PM
    Hello friends.. my Uber App stopped working all the sudden. It opens but at the top it states "Uber won't run without Google Play Services, which isn't supported by your device " is this because I need to download this. Google play services "patch" referenced in this chat thread? thank you fellow BB users.
    Attached Thumbnails How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20180531_084833.png  
    05-31-18 10:55 AM
    Hello friends.. my Uber App stopped working all the sudden. It opens but at the top it states "Uber won't run without Google Play Services, which isn't supported by your device " is this because I need to download this. Google play services "patch" referenced in this chat thread? thank you fellow BB users.
    Just tap outside the box.
    05-31-18 11:10 AM
    What do you mean.."just tap outside the box".. what box are u referring to?
    05-31-18 11:25 AM
    What do you mean.."just tap outside the box".. what box are u referring to?
    The warning box.
    05-31-18 11:29 AM
    I try tapping everywhere (side top bottom of screen) and nothing happens.. so frustrating. Uggg
    05-31-18 11:45 AM
    Does anyone actually have a link to this "G.play services" Patch I keep reading about? I have the BB Google ID, Google Settings and and the G. Acct Side loaded already. But the Uber App just stopped working last November. As you can see from my screen shot above I uploaded here. But I haven't been able to find a fix to the error of G. Play Services issue on my Q10. So if there's a link to this "Play Services" patch I'd appreciate any help. Thx again.
    05-31-18 01:42 PM
    Does anyone actually have a link to this "G.play services" Patch I keep reading about? I have the BB Google ID, Google Settings and and the G. Acct Side loaded already. But the Uber App just stopped working last November. As you can see from my screen shot above I uploaded here. But I haven't been able to find a fix to the error of G. Play Services issue on my Q10. So if there's a link to this "Play Services" patch I'd appreciate any help. Thx again.
    Same place you got those other apps.

/blackberry-10-os-f269/cobalts-official-google-apps-landing-page-965257/

First post has a link to Cobalt's file share repository.
    05-31-18 02:08 PM
    You don't need Google Play Services foe WhatsApp.

Download WhatsApp from www.whatsapp.com/android.

Install app, tap OUTSIDE the box IF warned about Google Play Services.

Run patch from BlackBerry World:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088

You will need an SD card for this to work.
    05-31-18 02:09 PM
    I don't need it for Wapp. I already have that working. My UBER is not working. This is the issue I need resolved. Thx
    05-31-18 02:14 PM
    Anybody?
    05-31-18 02:22 PM
    I don't need it for Wapp. I already have that working. My UBER is not working. This is the issue I need resolved. Thx
    Cobalt's file share (download to PC and move files over to device):

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.

Install and register with 2.8.

Install Play Store v6 build2.

***Stop here if all you want is Play Store

Install Play Services v11.

Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)

Install Play Games v5 (if desired).

Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

***If an app requires Google Play Services, then:

Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).

Whitelist unpatched app.

Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.
    05-31-18 02:42 PM
    Hi Conite.. appreciate your advice. But this seems like a lot of downloading files to just get the Uber App working again. I only need to patch the "Google Play Service".. is there a condensed instruction to reach my goal. Keep in mind I already have 3 necessary apk uploads to be able to side load android apps. It's just the Uber that I NEED urgently that stoped working properly. And when I open Uber it doesn't do anything when I click outside the box as previously recommended I do when the GPServices error comes up. thank you so much bro.
    05-31-18 04:04 PM
    Hi Conite.. appreciate your advice. But this seems like a lot of downloading files to just get the Uber App working again. I only need to patch the "Google Play Service".. is there a condensed instruction to reach my goal. Keep in mind I already have 3 necessary apk uploads to be able to side load android apps. It's just the Uber that I NEED urgently that stoped working properly. And when I open Uber it doesn't do anything when I click outside the box as previously recommended I do when the GPServices error comes up. thank you so much bro.
    You don't patch Google Play Services.

There is only one way to accomplish this task, and it is exactly as per my instructions.
    05-31-18 04:55 PM
    Hi Conite I tried to download the files on the Cobalt File Share but it does not allow me to download onto phone. If I download on PC how do I transfer file to device..?? I'm a little confused. Please elaborate. thank you my friend.
    06-03-18 09:05 PM
    Hi Conite I tried to download the files on the Cobalt File Share but it does not allow me to download onto phone. It gives me some "Java script error". If I download on PC how do I transfer file to device..?? I'm a little confused. Please elaborate. thank you my friend.
    06-03-18 09:12 PM
    Hi Conite I tried to download the files on the Cobalt File Share but it does not allow me to download onto phone. It gives me some "Java script error". If I download on PC how do I transfer file to device..?? I'm a little confused. Please elaborate. thank you my friend.
    Over USB, via cloud storage, email, etc.
    06-03-18 09:14 PM
    Hey i have a problem trying to patch the app named Poste ID. The Patcher goes trough but stops saying: The package posteitaliane.posteapp.appposteid.apk cannot be rebuilt. Can anyone help me? I really need this app :/
    06-22-18 05:42 AM
    i got a problem im trying to patch an app that has google play services siganture check, i do all the procedure i analyse the package and then i click in continue, the patcher app stops immediately and says this package does not require patching, why is this happening? what im doing wrong? sorry for my engish
    06-22-18 09:37 PM
    i got a problem im trying to patch an app that has google play services siganture check, i do all the procedure i analyse the package and then i click in continue, the patcher app stops immediately and says this package does not require patching, why is this happening? what im doing wrong? sorry for my engish
    Make sure you have the Patcher folder directly off your root C: drive.
    DaleLocooo likes this.
    06-22-18 09:41 PM
    thank you it worked
    06-22-18 09:57 PM
    Can anyone help me or this app really unpatchable?
    06-24-18 05:05 AM
    Can anyone help me or this app really unpatchable?
    You're out of luck.
    06-24-18 04:03 PM
4,042 ... 158159160161162