Try using Play services Patcher on a folder right off your C drive, instead of being deeply nested. Make sure you update your framework again, and use apktool 2.2.3.
    There, I finally got it to work now.
    06-22-17 01:19 AM
    Careem Car Booking App_v8.3.4_apkpure.com-patched

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 06:58 AM
    Try using Play services Patcher on a folder right off your C drive, instead of being deeply nested. Make sure you update your framework again, and use apktool 2.2.3.
    Thx for the tip Conite. Do you suspect an issue with filename's full path being too long?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 09:40 AM
    Thx for the tip Conite. Do you suspect an issue with filename's full path being too long?

Posted via CB10
    Apktool seems to bail on special characters.
    06-23-17 11:10 AM
    I do fix it thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 09:27 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Play Services Patcher (formerly GMaps Patcher)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use this tool to patch Android apps that display the error message "Google Play Services is not supported on your device". The tool removes signature checks from the app, allowing it to work together with my pre-patched Google Play Services. You can download the pre-patched Google Play Services here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Does this work with all apps?
    The success rate of the patcher is very high, but there are some apps that can't be patched. This is not because the patcher doesn't work, it's rather because the app is blocked by the developer to run on the Blackberry Android runtime. An example for this is SnapChat, which is blocked by the developer.

Some examples of successfully patched Android apps:
    Allmost all Google apps (Maps, Youtube, Music, etc), Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Hailocab, Adidas Micoach, Lyft, Glympse, Strava Running, Google My Tracks, Football Italia, Paypal and many more.

How do I patch my Android app?
    Download and unzip Play Services Patcher to a folder and then run it. Select the desired Android app (apk file) and press the Analyze button. The patcher will do it's magic and create a patched version in the \output folder. Copy the patched apk file to your Blackberry device and then install it as usual. Remember that you must have installed my pre-patched Google Play Services on the device for this to work.

Do not attempt patch the following apps (it simply won't work):
    * Google Play Services
    * Google Play Store
    * Goolge Play Games

These apps require a special treatment and can only be patched by myself. If you want to use those apps, you can download the pre-patched versions from my Google Apps landing page:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Important notes
    If you run Play Services Patcher for the first time, you'll have to verify the Java path in the "Path" tab. The default path may not be correct for your setup. The path MUST end with Java.exe as shown in the example below:

correct:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_40\bin\java.exe

wrong:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_40\bin\

Download Link Play Services Patcher
    Download Play Services Patcher 1.4 [Released November 15, 2015]
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S861C2793C...6898FDFF816FF8

Attachment 257953

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY WORK WITH A DONATION!

Attachment 380728

Backup old Version 1.3.1:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!5QkhiCgR!yQd3n1...wqSlHdVrHSvO6Y

Confused, frustrated and needing more detailed help? Look at this post for step by step help, before posting a question.

I followed the directions on patching android apps (I even followed the whitelist instructions). I patched Whatsapp for my BB Z10 and I get an error message (see attached screenshot-which is the patched app version). When I use the unpatched Whatsapp, i get the error message "google play services is needed for the app" (i'm paraphrasing). What other solutions do you have?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-whatsapp-error.png  
    06-25-17 02:12 PM

I followed the directions on patching android apps (I even followed the whitelist instructions). I patched Whatsapp for my BB Z10 and I get an error message (see attached screenshot-which is the patched app version). When I use the unpatched Whatsapp, i get the error message "google play services is needed for the app" (i'm paraphrasing). What other solutions do you have?

Thanks
    You don't patch WhatsApp.

Click off to the side to ignore warning. Don't click OK.
    06-25-17 02:59 PM
    Thank you, it worked!
    06-25-17 09:06 PM
    Hello Cobalt,

Your software is one of the few I've given money to. It has definitely made my BB Z10 a great device! Thank you!

I made an attempt to use Play Services Patcher v 1.5 on the latest FlightRadar24free.apk with the "Decompile resources" option to use the Google Maps API key I created. Unfortunately it says that the package "cannot be recompiled." I have included the log below.

Processing C:\Temp\com.flightradar24free.apk
    The package contains 2 classes.dex files
    [Decompiling classes and resources]
    I: Using Apktool 2.2.0 on com.flightradar24free.apk
    I: Loading resource table...
    I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
    I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\apktool\framework\1.a pk
    I: Regular manifest package...
    I: Decoding file-resources...
    I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
    I: Baksmaling classes.dex...
    I: Baksmaling classes2.dex...
    I: Copying assets and libs...
    I: Copying unknown files...
    I: Copying original files...
    Decompiled 36.35 MB in 108.03 seconds
    Done.
    [Analyzing Package]
    Google Maps Geo API dependencies detected
    Found meta-data android:name="com.google.android.geo.API_KEY" in file AndroidManifest.xml
    Google Play services dependencies detected
    Found: C:\Apps\Google on BB10\PS_Patcher-1.6\tmp\com.flightradar24free\smali\com\google\and roid\gms\common\zzo.smali
    Found: C:\Apps\Google on BB10\PS_Patcher-1.6\tmp\com.flightradar24free\smali\com\google\and roid\gms\common\zzp.smali
    No matching pattern to identify Google Ads file
    [Analysis completed]

Press CONTINUE to proceed or CANCEL to abort.

[Replacing Google Maps Geo API key in AndroidManifest]
    Done.
    [Patching isGooglePlayServicesAvailable]
    .method public static isGooglePlayServicesAvailable(Landroid/content/ContextI
    in file C:\Apps\Google on BB10\PS_Patcher-1.6\tmp\com.flightradar24free\smali\com\google\and roid\gms\common\zzo.smali
    Done.
    [Patching isSignatureValid]
    .method static varargs zza(Landroid/content/pm/PackageInfo;[Lcom/google/android/gms/common/zzgLcom/google/android/gms/common/zzg;
    in file C:\Apps\Google on BB10\PS_Patcher-1.6\tmp\com.flightradar24free\smali\com\google\and roid\gms\common\zzp.smali
    Done.
    [Patching isGoogleSigned]
    .method private static zza(Landroid/content/pm/PackageInfo;Z)Z
    in file C:\Apps\Google on BB10\PS_Patcher-1.6\tmp\com.flightradar24free\smali\com\google\and roid\gms\common\zzp.smali
    Done.
    [Rebuilding]
    I: Using Apktool 2.2.0
    I: Checking whether sources has changed...
    I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
    I: Checking whether sources has changed...
    I: Smaling smali_classes2 folder into classes2.dex...
    I: Checking whether resources has changed...
    I: Building resources...
    Error: Package cannot be recompiled.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.
    I have searched the forums, have not found anything, and I believe that I am not only taking the correct steps, but that I have the latest software. I am also using jre1.8.0_131 for my Java version on Windows 7.

Again, thank you,
    Jason.
    06-29-17 07:00 PM
    Hello Cobalt,

Your software is one of the few I've given money to. It has definitely made my BB Z10 a great device! Thank you!

I made an attempt to use Play Services Patcher v 1.5 on the latest FlightRadar24free.apk with the "Decompile resources" option to use the Google Maps API key I created. Unfortunately it says that the package "cannot be recompiled." I have included the log below.

I have searched the forums, have not found anything, and I believe that I am not only taking the correct steps, but that I have the latest software. I am also using jre1.8.0_131 for my Java version on Windows 7.

Again, thank you,
    Jason.
    First, you should be using v1.6 of the Patcher app.

Second, you don't use map API keys anymore. You use default settings only (no decompile). You just NEED to whitelist the unpatched app with whitelist 1.0.0.6, and be using Cobalt's Play Services v10.
    06-29-17 09:37 PM
    Dang. Where can I find v1.6?

Also, I patched the apk without the API key, and the app runs without complaining, but I cannot see the map, which makes the app mostly useless. I read elsewhere that others patched FlightRadar24 with the API keys, making the map appear and they were pleased. That was what I was attempting.

If someone can point me to a mirror with v1.6, I will attempt to patch it again. But without the map, it is useless. Unless someone has a relatively recently patched version?

Again, thank you all in advanced for your help,
    Jason.
    06-29-17 09:47 PM
    Dang. Where can I find v1.6?

Also, I patched the apk without the API key, and the app runs without complaining, but I cannot see the map, which makes the app mostly useless. I read elsewhere that others patched FlightRadar24 with the API keys, making the map appear and they were pleased. That was what I was attempting.

If someone can point me to a mirror with v1.6, I will attempt to patch it again. But without the map, it is useless. Unless someone has a relatively recently patched version?

Again, thank you all in advanced for your help,
    Jason.
    https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

As I describe, the new method is different and you will see your maps.
    06-30-17 07:06 AM
    Having an issue with Tinder, can't get the Google Play store to work with the in-app purchase to Unlock the Tinder Plus version.

I followed all of Cobal's instructions. Also added the unpatched app to Google+ Whitelist and the app is working fine.

Problem is when I try to purchase the Tinder Plus version, I get "Error- This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play. Check the help center for more information." When I press "OK" I get, "Something is wrong, try again later."

Anyone knows how to move forward? What's the issue?

Thanks
    07-05-17 04:34 PM
    Having an issue with Tinder, can't get the Google Play store to work with the in-app purchase to Unlock the Tinder Plus version.

I followed all of Cobal's instructions. Also added the unpatched app to Google+ Whitelist and the app is working fine.

Problem is when I try to purchase the Tinder Plus version, I get "Error- This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play. Check the help center for more information." When I press "OK" I get, "Something is wrong, try again later."

Anyone knows how to move forward? What's the issue?

Thanks
    You are using login 4.4.4 and Play Services 10?
    07-05-17 04:46 PM
    I'm using Login 4.3 and Play Services 10.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20170706.png

Any idea? thank you
    07-05-17 05:03 PM
    I'm using Login 4.3 and Play Services 10.

Any idea? thank you
    Update. Don't open after updating.
    07-05-17 06:45 PM
    I updated to Login 4.4.4 but still the same problem.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20170706_100.png

In the other hand, there is an update for the app in google store, what should I do?

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20170706_100116.png
    07-05-17 10:14 PM
    First, you should be using v1.6 of the Patcher app.

Second, you don't use map API keys anymore. You use default settings only (no decompile). You just NEED to whitelist the unpatched app with whitelist 1.0.0.6, and be using Cobalt's Play Services v10.
    It's taken me a few days to get back to this, however, it still does not work.

• I used the PS_Patcher-1.6.exe file from the archive you pointed out. Turns out it was the same version I was using, however if you press the "Help" button, it says that it is version 1.5, hence why I said I was using 1.5 in my post.
    • I installed com.flightradar24free.apk from the Play store onto my Z10, whitelisted it, patched it (used all the default settings in the Patcher app, other than using Java jre1.8.0_131), uninstalled the unpatched app, then installed the patched app
    • I did the same to com.google.android.apps.maps
    • I ran the Patcher app on com.google.android.gms.apk, but I don't think I can uninstall it and reinstall it (and I believe the latest version on the archive is already patched)

Annnnnnnnd . . . FlightRadar24 still does not show a map.

If there are different instructions, I can't find them. I only spotted the ones about using the Maps API key (apparently old instructions). If there are newer/different instructions, please let me know. I've seen others be successful with FR24 on these forums, so it is frustrating that I somehow cannot get it working.

All help is appreciated,
    Jason.
    07-07-17 07:34 AM
    It's taken me a few days to get back to this, however, it still does not work.

• I used the PS_Patcher-1.6.exe file from the archive you pointed out. Turns out it was the same version I was using, however if you press the "Help" button, it says that it is version 1.5, hence why I said I was using 1.5 in my post.
    • I installed com.flightradar24free.apk from the Play store onto my Z10, whitelisted it, patched it (used all the default settings in the Patcher app, other than using Java jre1.8.0_131), uninstalled the unpatched app, then installed the patched app
    • I did the same to com.google.android.apps.maps
    • I ran the Patcher app on com.google.android.gms.apk, but I don't think I can uninstall it and reinstall it (and I believe the latest version on the archive is already patched)

Annnnnnnnd . . . FlightRadar24 still does not show a map.

If there are different instructions, I can't find them. I only spotted the ones about using the Maps API key (apparently old instructions). If there are newer/different instructions, please let me know. I've seen others be successful with FR24 on these forums, so it is frustrating that I somehow cannot get it working.

All help is appreciated,
    Jason.
    Maybe start over.

Cobalt's file share:

Install and login with 4.3.3.
    Install and register with 2.8.
    Install Play Services v10.
    Update 4.4.4 over 4.3.3 (but don't open).
    Install Play Store v6.
    Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

If an app requires Google Play Services:
    Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).
    Whitelist unpatched app.
    Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.

If after all that, your app still won't work, then it's simply not compatible with BB10.
    07-07-17 07:52 AM
    Maybe start over.

Cobalt's file share:

Install and login with 4.3.3.
    Install and register with 2.8.
    Install Play Services v10.
    Update 4.4.4 over 4.3.3 (but don't open).
    Install Play Store v6.
    Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

If an app requires Google Play Services:
    Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).
    Whitelist unpatched app.
    Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.

If after all that, your app still won't work, then it's simply not compatible with BB10.
    I've already killed too much time trying. As much as I'd really like this app (it would be helpful in my fire duties), I cannot justify any more time on this.

If anyone here who *did* get FR24 working (as I saw in some posts) would like to post a community patched version (v7.0.4 or above, otherwise I'd need the unpatched apk for the whitelist signature), I would be grateful. Otherwise, I will have to bin this or wait until there is a version of Patcher that can do it.

Thanks anyway,
    Jason.
    07-07-17 08:01 AM
    I've already killed too much time trying. As much as I'd really like this app (it would be helpful in my fire duties), I cannot justify any more time on this.

If anyone here who *did* get FR24 working (as I saw in some posts) would like to post a community patched version (v7.0.4 or above, otherwise I'd need the unpatched apk for the whitelist signature), I would be grateful. Otherwise, I will have to bin this or wait until there is a version of Patcher that can do it.

Thanks anyway,
    Jason.
    Just proving that maps work fine. Upgrading is not possible though - too many security checks.
    07-07-17 08:24 PM
    I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I downloaded the Speedway app, patched it, and it won't load. Unpatched it works fine except for the maps. Other apps seem to work fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    08-14-17 01:45 PM
    I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I downloaded the Speedway app, patched it, and it won't load. Unpatched it works fine except for the maps. Other apps seem to work fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    "The" Speedway app? Do you have a link?
    08-14-17 01:53 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...peedway.mobile

Update- It does load, it's saying quote"Speedway won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by you device."

Since adding the necessary items (Google Services) it's flaky, sometimes I can't even log in. Today it seems to be working as it did before adding the necessary items, which just didn't have maps function.
    08-14-17 01:57 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...peedway.mobile

Update- It does load, it's saying quote"Speedway won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by you device."

Since adding the necessary items (Google Services) it's flaky, sometimes I can't even log in. Today it seems to be working as it did before adding the necessary items, which just didn't have maps function.
    Patched app seems to work fine.

Make sure you're up to date on the Cobalt files, have whitelisted the unpatched apk with whitelist 1.0.0.6, and are running Play Services v10.
    08-14-17 02:23 PM
4,042 ... 148149150151152 ...