If the only patch is for Google Play Services, then don't check decompile.

If it still doesn't work, such is life.
    yep, tried that already....indeed, such is life. thanks again mate
    12-29-16 08:43 PM
    Ouch. So we have to choose between in-app purchases, and running the latest versions of GMaps.
    Yes sorry for that. I'll fix that in a new release. Quite tricky, because it needs modifications in Play Services and the Whitelist app.
    12-30-16 02:18 AM
    Uncheck the first item - maps v1.
    What's the difference between unchecking the first vs the second? Whenever decompile fails when I need maps API I uncheck Geo.
    12-30-16 06:19 AM
    What's the difference between unchecking the first vs the second? Whenever decompile fails when I need maps API I uncheck Geo.
    Do the opposite.

V1 is old, and not used as much anyway.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    12-30-16 07:06 AM
    Do the opposite.

V1 is old, and not used as much anyway.
    Thanks.
    12-30-16 12:43 PM
    I've been having trouble with an app that errors when it comes to downloading game data - Elevate. I tried patching it with PS Patcher, and that didn't fix it. So I've decompiled it and am looking through the jar file with JD-Gui to see if I can find the error message I receive on screen and trace that back to why it's going wrong, but it's got so much code and either it's disguised well, or it's not there or I just haven't been searching well enough.

I believe I'm not the only one having this issue with android apps not being able to download stuff.. So does anyone know what I need to do to fix it, or alternatively, is there some way I can run the decompiled code or original APK and watch what it's doing in real time in Android Studio or whatever so I at least get a hint at where and why it's not working?
    12-30-16 12:59 PM
    If you download the app with Google Play Store, the obb data will be automatically downloaded. Doesn't that work for that app?
    12-30-16 01:42 PM
    If you download the app with Google Play Store, the obb data will be automatically downloaded. Doesn't that work for that app?
    No, it checks if you have the game downloaded, and I assume the latest version, then downloads it just before you play the game if you don't already have it.
    12-31-16 07:11 PM
    Thanks for the detail Coballt !

I had tried to patch the apps like youtube and skype business but for some reason i am not getting the right output. the output file pops me error if i try to install. and where would i get the un patched android apk files ? please can you make a quick video or write me the steps please. i just bought BB Passport a week ago after reading this forum, as it gave me confidence that any android app can be installed in BB and accessed except very few...

Thanks
    Pradeep
    +919885277749
    01-05-17 12:39 PM
    Thanks for the detail Coballt !

I had tried to patch the apps like youtube and skype business but for some reason i am not getting the right output. the output file pops me error if i try to install. and where would i get the un patched android apk files ? please can you make a quick video or write me the steps please. i just bought BB Passport a week ago after reading this forum, as it gave me confidence that any android app can be installed in BB and accessed except very few...

Thanks
    Pradeep
    +919885277749
    Get the apps from Cobalt's Google Play Store.

Make sure the unpatched app is deleted before installing a patched app.
    01-05-17 12:51 PM
    thanks for ur response

I had installed the cobalt version already

to add up

I have installed the cobalt preferred files and installed them. when I tried to install patched version of 'Android Wear', I still get an error prompt as attached

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20170106_095758.png

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 10:39 PM
    thanks for ur response

I had installed the cobalt version already

to add up

I have installed the cobalt preferred files and installed them. when I tried to install patched version of 'Android Wear', I still get an error prompt as attached

Posted via CB10
    Beyond the fact that you have patched it incorrectly (because I can get it to load quite fine), it is not compatible with BB10, so don't bother spending any more time on it.
    01-05-17 10:47 PM
    you mean Android wear app works for you?

I've installed google settings build5, vending, BlackBerry gid, play store 4.4.4 and play games3.7.24 from cobalt file storage (mega) and installed them directly without patching.

am I missing something here?

pls guide me on this as I bought BlackBerry passport just a week ago with expectations that all android apps can be used by this cobalt method

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 03:45 AM
    you mean Android wear app works for you?

I've installed google settings build5, vending, BlackBerry gid, play store 4.4.4 and play games3.7.24 from cobalt file storage (mega) and installed them directly without patching.

am I missing something here?

pls guide me on this as I bought BlackBerry passport just a week ago with expectations that all android apps can be used by this cobalt method

Posted via CB10
    It will not connect, so it won't work.
    01-06-17 06:03 AM
    How did you obtain the app? From Cobalt's Google Play Store? It's the only way to ensure you have the correct variant of the app (there are 17 variants).
    Hey conite, when you say "Cobalt's Google Play Store", do you mean the Google Play Store apk from cobalt? I don't know Play Store that well, so for all I know, there's a cobalt "store" within Play Store, kinda eBay has store pages listing products for sale by said store.

Asking b/c I just tried to patch Google Maps apk downloaded from Cobalt's Google Play Store onto my phone & transferred via microSD to my laptop.........and got a rebuild error...using patcher 1.6, apktool 2.2.1, w/ my own Google Maps Android / Geolocation API, and "decompile resources" on........thoughts?

Thanks in advance, I know the topic of Google Maps patching / installing has been discussed countless times on this thread, and I clearly haven't hit the right search parameters, so I'm once again asking for help.How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-google-maps-analysis.jpgHow to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-google-maps-patcher-rebuld-error.jpg
    01-06-17 08:16 PM
    This may be off-topic, but since I installed cobalt's package, I've tried to backup my Q20 using BB Link, and it hangs on "blackberry runtime".....37% on a "full" backup attempt, 31% on a "quick" backup attempt. I've only been able to backup "settings, contacts & calendar".

Thoughts anyone?
    01-06-17 08:19 PM
    Hey conite, when you say "Cobalt's Google Play Store", do you mean the Google Play Store apk from cobalt? I don't know Play Store that well, so for all I know, there's a cobalt "store" within Play Store, kinda eBay has store pages listing products for sale by said store.

Asking b/c I just tried to patch Google Maps apk downloaded from Cobalt's Google Play Store onto my phone & transferred via microSD to my laptop.........and got a rebuild error...using patcher 1.6, apktool 2.2.1, w/ my own Google Maps Android / Geolocation API, and "decompile resources" on........thoughts?

Thanks in advance, I know the topic of Google Maps patching / installing has been discussed countless times on this thread, and I clearly haven't hit the right search parameters, so I'm once again asking for help.
    Yes, they are the same.

You don't decompile when patching gmaps.
    Last edited by conite; 01-07-17 at 07:58 AM.
    01-06-17 08:37 PM
    hi.... google maps doesn't require patching.

if u have pre installed cobalt's method of play store...

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 03:36 AM
    Pradeep, where did you buy Passport online or at store?. I am currently using z30 and prior to this 9300. I can not think myself using any other steroids on my hand. I want to buy passport

Posted from my Z30
    01-07-17 04:03 AM
    hi.... google maps doesn't require patching.

if u have pre installed cobalt's method of play store...

Posted via CB10
    It does if you want to sign in and use a number of additional features.
    01-07-17 07:59 AM
    Is it possible to patch google + and work perfectly... I did but when installing the Google + wishlist says fatal error cannpt read meta data from package
    01-07-17 11:04 PM
    You are trying to Whitelist an app that is built for a higher Android version. Be sure that the app you want to use is built for Android 4.3.
    01-08-17 02:43 AM
    I've been using the Patcher 1.6, which only has room for one API key, therefore I discarded the Geolocation API key a while ago. I've never been able to run the Public Transit App from my city, which is so important to me that I had to switch my data powered sim card to my PRIV. I am lucky that BBM stays working on my Passport without relying on data, with a T-Mobile sim card.

I've seen Cobalt's comments mentioning that Geolocation API key which I don't know how to use, and that may be what's missing for this App to work on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 01:47 PM
    You don't need they keys at all now. Download and install the latest Google Play Services 10.0.84 and Google Whitelist 1.0.0.6.

Then patch the app with default patcher options, Whitelist the app and you should be good to go.
    01-08-17 03:04 PM
    I have never used the whitelist app. I thought it was good only for apps that offered paid subscriptions. I also didn't know of the new rules with no API keys. So, do the lastest versions of Uber work now? I wil try to re install Marta On The Go, which is the app I have never been able to make it work.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 03:24 PM
4,042 ... 140141142143144 ...