Thanks a lott...
    Last edited by nasifsalman; 12-26-16 at 04:31 AM.
    12-26-16 04:18 AM
    Should I just copy paste the Api key onto the gs patcher's Api key tab? Any process to be followed. As you told, both the options are enabled.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 07:47 AM
    Hello!

I'm trying to get some apps on my Passport but they need to be patched before they work and I only have my Passport, and android phone and an android tablet. Is there a way to patch apps without the use of a computer or laptop? Or perhaps there's a database of already patched apps I must've missed somewhere?

I'm particularly looking for:
    Timely
    Play Music
    Play Movies and TV
    Hangouts
    Google Keep
    Google Drive
    Google Opinion Rewards
    Google Calendar and Inbox would be nice, but not as important as the others

I have already followed all of the instructions via Cobalt's official page and have successfully installed the Play Store and YouTube but am unable to patch these apps myself.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 09:51 PM
    Hello!

I'm trying to get some apps on my Passport but they need to be patched before they work and I only have my Passport, and android phone and an android tablet. Is there a way to patch apps without the use of a computer or laptop? Or perhaps there's a database of already patched apps I must've missed somewhere?

I'm particularly looking for:
    Timely
    Play Music
    Play Movies and TV
    Hangouts
    Google Keep
    Google Drive
    Google Opinion Rewards
    Google Calendar and Inbox would be nice, but not as important as the others

I have already followed all of the instructions via Cobalt's official page and have successfully installed the Play Store and YouTube but am unable to patch these apps myself.

Posted via CB10
    You can ONLY patch on a PC.
    12-26-16 11:50 PM
    I am struggling to download ps_patcher 1.5 beta2.exe...

Posted from my Z30
    12-27-16 12:39 AM
    I am struggling to download ps_patcher 1.5 beta2.exe...

Posted from my Z30
    Get v1.6. Mega link.
    12-27-16 06:15 AM
    You can ONLY patch on a PC.
    I was afraid of that. Is it possible for someone to share patched versions of apps? (I searched through the forums to see if that was a forbidden request but found no such rule).

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 12:51 PM
    I was afraid of that. Is it possible for someone to share patched versions of apps? (I searched through the forums to see if that was a forbidden request but found no such rule).

Posted via CB10
    It's okay, but many apps use a person's private key for mapping functions.
    12-27-16 01:13 PM
    It's okay, but many apps use a person's private key for mapping functions.
    Ah OK. I'll probably just ask a friend to use their laptop then. Thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 03:21 PM
    Remember that there are two API options that must be enabled on the Google website: Maps API and Geolocation API.
    I have both enabled, but Im only getting a blue background with a couple of places listed in Austria ( I'm in NJ, USA) and the "center on me" icon. My Maps api on my API Dashboard shows it is getting hits but the Geolocation api has nothing.

NVM. I found the problem. I forgot I had location shut off in my App Ops app for Google Play Services.
    12-27-16 10:12 PM
    I installed and patched everything correctly on my BB Passport....

Is anyone else having an issue with the patched apps on the phone not working? For example... when I click the google hangouts app it will just be a black screen.

If I restart the phone everything then will work fine but only for a short period of time... then the all black screen issue happens again. This is happening for all of google play related applications.

[Update: Wiped my phone, reinstalled OS, re-downloaded all of cobalt's updated google play services apps, Re-installed only the patch versions of the few apps that I need. Everything is working fine so far. I believe because I had two app versions in downloads (patched and regular) was an issue and/or one or more patched apps were corrupted and caused the issues "com.android.systemapps isnt responding".]
    Last edited by Eric Lamar; 12-29-16 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Solved
    12-28-16 12:42 PM
    Remember that there are two API options that must be enabled on the Google website: Maps API and Geolocation API.
    I have another question about this, specifically the Geolocation. Again, I have both enabled, but on the API Dashboard the geolocation doesn't have any activity showing. And unless I have wifi on, my location isn't accurate. Is this something to do with the geolocation api?
    12-29-16 12:43 PM
    If both APIs are enabled you should be fine. Is the advanced location setting enabled in BlackBerry Google ID?
    12-29-16 03:27 PM
    I don't see an advanced location setting, but in the location setting wifi and GPS are ticked on as well as Access my location.
    12-29-16 03:34 PM
    1. If these are switched to enabled, does a new API keys need to be generated and patched in, or does the enabling apply retroactively to preexisting keys? I enabled them and still don't see a map in the Tinder Plus "Passport to location", and the map is needed to select a new location (I only see blank with the Google map logo on the bottom left).
    2. Is there some API that needs to be enabled to make in-app purchases work? I can't make a puchase in happn despite installing all Cobalt apps and 4.4.4. Is "decompile resources" required for purchases?
    3. What to we do for apps where apktool fails torecompile if "decompile resources" was checked?‎‎
    Anyone?
    12-29-16 03:46 PM
    In-app purchasing for patched apps only works with Google Play Services 8.x
    12-29-16 05:43 PM
    In-app purchasing for patched apps only works with Google Play Services 8.x
    Ouch. So we have to choose between in-app purchases, and running the latest versions of GMaps.
    12-29-16 05:56 PM
    Hey cobalt, conite, just wanted to check in on the fact that Patcher 1.6 doesn't appear to have a location/field for the Android API key. There's the "maps" tab for geolocation API key, but I can;t find where to plug in the android API key. Let me know?

And thanks again for all your help to the thousands that benefit from your work.
    12-29-16 07:26 PM
    Hey cobalt, conite, just wanted to check in on the fact that Patcher 1.6 doesn't appear to have a location/field for the Android API key. There's the "maps" tab for geolocation API key, but I can;t find where to plug in the android API key. Let me know?

And thanks again for all your help to the thousands that benefit from your work.
    That's the one.
    12-29-16 07:40 PM
    That's the one.
    Sorry, this'll sound completely daft - to confirm, only the geolocation API key into that single field, and Android API key is no longer required. I got my keys in June 2016....not sure if I need updated ones.
    12-29-16 07:47 PM
    Sorry, this'll sound completely daft - to confirm, only the geolocation API key into that single field, and Android API key is no longer required. I got my keys in June 2016....not sure if I need updated ones.
    Any maps key will do.
    12-29-16 07:49 PM
    Here we go again........How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-curb-patcher-analysis.jpgHow to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-curb-patcher-rebuld-error.jpg

Help? I've got java pathed to the 64-bit version, geolocation key entered, recompile on..........using Patcher 1.6, w apktool 2.2.1
    12-29-16 08:02 PM
    Here we go again.....

Help? I've got java pathed to the 64-bit version, geolocation key entered, recompile on..........using Patcher 1.6, w apktool 2.2.1
    Uncheck the first item - maps v1.
    12-29-16 08:14 PM
    That did the trick! What about this one.......How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-chase-patcher-analysis.jpgHow to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-chase-patcher-rebuild-errror.jpg

So far I've attempted to patch 4 apps
    1. Curbed - success thanks to you
    2. Amex - success
    3. Paypal - success
    4. Chase - recompile failed - see attached......any ideas?

Thanks again, conite - if you've any suggestions on the Chase app, I'd be very grateful. Otherwise I'ma stick the SD card back in and see if I can install
    12-29-16 08:29 PM
    That did the trick! What about this one......

So far I've attempted to patch 4 apps
    1. Curbed - success thanks to you
    2. Amex - success
    3. Paypal - success
    4. Chase - recompile failed - see attached......any ideas?

Thanks again, conite - if you've any suggestions on the Chase app, I'd be very grateful. Otherwise I'ma stick the SD card back in and see if I can install
    If the only patch is for Google Play Services, then don't check decompile.

If it still doesn't work, such is life.
    12-29-16 08:36 PM
4,042 ... 139140141142143 ...