GMaps not working properly is not related to other apps not displaying maps. You have two separate problems.

Are you sure you have Cobalt's Google Play Services build 5?
    Hello Conite
    Installed Build 5 and YES MyTaxi app now shows maps! Fantastic

But app fitness app MapMyWalk or Cabify (another taxi app) still do not Google maps within the app. Any idea why?

Thanks

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    10-21-16 12:22 PM
    GMaps not working properly is not related to other apps not displaying maps. You have two separate problems.

Are you sure you have Cobalt's Google Play Services build 5?
    Yep, 1.0.848.9036 version installed.

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    10-21-16 01:28 PM
    Yep, 1.0.848.9036 version installed.

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    Conite, stranger than fiction.

I check to make sure I had all the correct files and I did, but did uninstall and reinstall build 5, but still no luck.

Just for the heck of it I installed play games and uninstalled it because I don't have a game account... and now the maps show!

Crazy. Now to see that it continues to work.????

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    10-21-16 04:12 PM
    So here is another question - I had tried installing the Google Play Store side load (or whatever you guys are calling it) program. After I had installed it, I had tried downloading a Cricket Wireless visual voicemail app (same one I had on my Android phone). The app never worked right and neither did anything else I tried via the Play Store files. Now, I ultimately deleted all of the files, but prior to doing so, I tried to un-install the visual voicemail app prior to deleting the files and that, of course, did not work either. So I didn't worry about it and just deleted all of the files I had downloaded. Fast forward to today - I'm trying to download the same voicemail app as an .apk file. It downloads and when I try to install it, it tells me that I already have a newer version of it installed.

So here's the question - I guess what I thought I had deleted off the phone/un-installed did not work and it still thinks Cricket visual voicemail is installed. There are no apps showing up on my phone, there are no files showing up in my download folder, so where are the original files that I downloaded (via Google Play Store side load) hiding at or why does the phone think it is still installed? I hope this make sense.
    10-21-16 08:53 PM
    So here is another question - I had tried installing the Google Play Store side load (or whatever you guys are calling it) program. After I had installed it, I had tried downloading a Cricket Wireless visual voicemail app (same one I had on my Android phone). The app never worked right and neither did anything else I tried via the Play Store files. Now, I ultimately deleted all of the files, but prior to doing so, I tried to un-install the visual voicemail app prior to deleting the files and that, of course, did not work either. So I didn't worry about it and just deleted all of the files I had downloaded. Fast forward to today - I'm trying to download the same voicemail app as an .apk file. It downloads and when I try to install it, it tells me that I already have a newer version of it installed.

So here's the question - I guess what I thought I had deleted off the phone/un-installed did not work and it still thinks Cricket visual voicemail is installed. There are no apps showing up on my phone, there are no files showing up in my download folder, so where are the original files that I downloaded (via Google Play Store side load) hiding at or why does the phone think it is still installed? I hope this make sense.
    This probably applies to you:
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037772

Reboot after install.

Then download Ghost Commander to delete the "undeleted" apps.
    10-21-16 10:21 PM
    This probably applies to you:
    Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2

Reboot after install.

Then download Ghost Commander to delete the "undeleted" apps.
    Did that and got stuck with the "initializing please wait...." screen, so I rebooted and tried Ghost Commander. Ghost Commander did in fact remove the app and showed that the Google stuff was still installed as well. Still can't get my app to work, but at least everything is removed now - thanks!
    Last edited by tattoogunman; 10-22-16 at 09:11 AM.
    10-22-16 08:59 AM
    OK - I'm trying that now. After installing the BlackBerry Runtime for Android, the screen is just showing the BB logo with "initializing please wait...." and it's been doing that for a few minutes. How long does it normally take??
    Read my instructions again: "reboot after install".
    10-22-16 09:03 AM
    Read my instructions again: "reboot after install".
    I went back and edited my prior post
    10-22-16 09:12 AM
    Just wanted to say again, THANK YOU Cobalt, Conite and others for all the time and support.

My Z30 remains a viable BlackBerry 10 that meets my needs thanks to those efforts and, as I've said before, it is the better mouse trap!

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    Last edited by C_McD; 10-24-16 at 05:31 PM.
    10-23-16 09:26 PM
    OK, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

I installed Patched Chrome and Whitelisted it. Does not open.

My issue is that Delta Airlines and gogo wifi doesn't recognize BB Browser nor Zeus browser, so I thought by using Chrome I'd get around that.

Any suggestions?
    10-29-16 03:06 PM
    OK, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

I installed Patched Chrome and Whitelisted it. Does not open.

My issue is that Delta Airlines and gogo wifi doesn't recognize BB Browser nor Zeus browser, so I thought by using Chrome I'd get around that.

Any suggestions?
    Not sure. Chrome patches nicely.
    10-29-16 05:54 PM
    Thanks, I've used Soundhound. I prefer Shazam, and fortunately the older version still works fine. I'm more concerned with Cobalt finding a solution prior to this issue becoming the norm, instead of the exception.
    Which version would that be BBWulf? Any chance of sharing the apk or pointing me in the right direction...?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 04:04 AM
    its unable to do ola cabs app
    ?? why ?? can u give it a try please
    11-01-16 05:23 AM
    Which version would that be BBWulf? Any chance of sharing the apk or pointing me in the right direction...?

Posted via CB10
    The version number is 6.4.0-160415-b83583a. I'll have to search my PC tonight, and see if I still have it.
    11-01-16 06:54 AM
    The version number is 6.4.0-160415-b83583a. I'll have to search my PC tonight, and see if I still have it.
    Thanks very much, appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 07:29 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Play Services Patcher (formerly GMaps Patcher)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use this tool to patch Android apps that display the error message "Google Play Services is not supported on your device". The tool removes signature checks from the app, allowing it to work together with my pre-patched Google Play Services. You can download the pre-patched Google Play Services here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Does this work with all apps?
    The success rate of the patcher is very high, but there are some apps that can't be patched. This is not because the patcher doesn't work, it's rather because the app is blocked by the developer to run on the Blackberry Android runtime. An example for this is SnapChat, which is blocked by the developer.

Some examples of successfully patched Android apps:
    Allmost all Google apps (Maps, Youtube, Music, etc), Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Hailocab, Adidas Micoach, Lyft, Glympse, Strava Running, Google My Tracks, Football Italia, Paypal and many more.

How do I patch my Android app?
    Download and unzip Play Services Patcher to a folder and then run it. Select the desired Android app (apk file) and press the Analyze button. The patcher will do it's magic and create a patched version in the \output folder. Copy the patched apk file to your Blackberry device and then install it as usual. Remember that you must have installed my pre-patched Google Play Services on the device for this to work.

Do not attempt patch the following apps (it simply won't work):
    * Google Play Services
    * Google Play Store
    * Goolge Play Games

These apps require a special treatment and can only be patched by myself. If you want to use those apps, you can download the pre-patched versions from my Google Apps landing page:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Important notes
    If you run Play Services Patcher for the first time, you'll have to verify the Java path in the "Path" tab. The default path may not be correct for your setup. The path MUST end with Java.exe as shown in the example below:

correct:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_40\bin\java.exe

wrong:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_40\bin\

Download Link Play Services Patcher
    Download Play Services Patcher 1.4 [Released November 15, 2015]
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S861C2793C...6898FDFF816FF8

Attachment 257953

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY WORK WITH A DONATION!

Attachment 380728

Backup old Version 1.3.1:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!5QkhiCgR!yQd3n1...wqSlHdVrHSvO6Y

Confused, frustrated and needing more detailed help? Look at this post for step by step help, before posting a question.
    I'm following all the instructions and everything is fine, till the step where I need to choose the apk file on the patcher before to click on the button analyse, at this step I can't find the apk file nowhere on the file I have previously downloaded
    Can you please provide me with this apk file that I can continue the procedure? Thanks in advance
    11-04-16 11:05 AM
    Has anyone here been able to patch the Intel True Key app? May be it's one of those apps that can't be patched?

Before patching, I was able to log in with my True Key account ok, but when I tried to set my device as a 2nd factor for my True Key account (setting was done in app), it said it required Google Play Service (I guess it needed it for push messaging, just like when I used my iPad as 2nd factor). Unfortunately, after patching with Cobalt's tool, I couldn't even log in.

Don't know if I missed some thing or it's just that True Key is one of a few apps that can't be patched, in which case it would be nice to have a list of apps that can't be patched to work.

I am using OS ver 10.3.2.2876/ Software ver 10.3.2.2836 on Blackberry Passport.

Thanks.
    11-06-16 02:40 AM
    Has anyone here been able to patch the Intel True Key app? May be it's one of those apps that can't be patched?

Before patching, I was able to log in with my True Key account ok, but when I tried to set my device as a 2nd factor for my True Key account (setting was done in app), it said it required Google Play Service (I guess it needed it for push messaging, just like when I used my iPad as 2nd factor). Unfortunately, after patching with Cobalt's tool, I couldn't even log in.

Don't know if I missed some thing or it's just that True Key is one of a few apps that can't be patched, in which case it would be nice to have a list of apps that can't be patched to work.

I am using OS ver 10.3.2.2876/ Software ver 10.3.2.2836 on Blackberry Passport.

Thanks.
    Did you whitelist?
    11-06-16 09:29 AM
    Did you whitelist?
    I thought I only needed that if the app has something to do with Google Plus? Ok I tried that as well but whitelisting didn't seem to help. The app said some thing like "Not able to connect - This is not a trusted device - There seem to be a problem connecting to True Key servers..."
    11-06-16 12:21 PM
    I thought I only needed that if the app has something to do with Google Plus? Ok I tried that as well but whitelisting didn't seem to help. The app said some thing like "Not able to connect - This is not a trusted device - There seem to be a problem connecting to True Key servers..."
    So you whitelist the UNPATCHED app?
    11-06-16 12:59 PM
    So you whitelist the UNPATCHED app?
    Yes, that's right. I followed the guide and whitelisted the unpatched app, then installed the patched app.
    11-06-16 01:37 PM
    Yes, that's right. I followed the guide and whitelisted the unpatched app, then installed the patched app.
    Seems to work fine for me.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20161106_145408_edit.png

DTEK60 / Z30
    11-06-16 01:55 PM
    Seems to work fine for me.
    Thanks, nice seeing it's working fine for you. Which version of True Key APK are you using? Mine is 3.1.9.2 from APKMonk. I also got com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3-cobalt, com.google.android.gms-9.8.77-cobalt-build1.

Update: I tried install com.google.android.gms-8.4.89-cobalt-build5 & com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4-cobalt too as recommended, but still got the same error. Strange.
    Last edited by namekn; 11-06-16 at 03:35 PM.
    11-06-16 02:59 PM
    Has anyone out there had the issue when patching to show Google maps in a app the pins are all off. Attached is an example where the icons for the supermarkets are all skewed, is there away around it?
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20161107_154800.png

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 09:49 AM
    Hi Cobalt

Thank you for your work

Is it possible if you could actually write a step by step on how to patch google apps to blackberry 10 (my device is a silver edition passport). Trying to get a Limo service called Blacklane.com which uses Googlemaps will not function also this error keeps popping up ( which im sure you have seen) (google play services, which is not supported by your device)
    Unfortuntely i find the crackberry users previous step by step very confusing. Im sure you could do a good job. Willing to DONATE
    11-08-16 07:08 AM
4,042 ... 133134135136137 ...