Here is the latest YouTube app, patched by me (it seems to work fine):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umo51evj7z...tched.apk?dl=0

Keep in mind that the Z10STL100-1 has issues with YouTube.
    same goes with google maps? (on Z10STL-100)

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 06:16 AM
    same goes with google maps? (on Z10STL-100)

Posted via CB10
    Correct. Maps doesn't play well with Z10STL100-1 either.
    09-17-16 07:39 AM
    Can I get APK Google Maps ver 9.33.1 from other sites and then use Cobalt patcher so works Re play services?

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    09-18-16 09:43 AM
    I have succesfully installed Lyft and Uber, and my method was a bit simpler than the one previously posted. This procedure worked on my Passport and also on my Leap. I am running on both the gsf Android file from Cobalt's 4.3.3, since in neither of my devices the 4.4.4 worked. The complimentary file installed and everything, but I've only been able to use 4.3.3. I used the Patcher 1.6 only. Did not mess up with SD card at all.

Assuming you are already familiarized with patching with Cobalt's tools, this is the extra info I can provide you with from experience:

1. Get the latest APK from Lyft. It can be done from a pc, or can be downloaded on the phone and then transferred from the phone to the computer with BlackBerry Link to any folder. Patching creating the route to the phone may also work, however I've always kept the APK's in a folder on my pc. If you get from Google Play Store on your phone DON'T INSTALL IT after it's been downloaded.
    2. Create you own API Android key from the Google API manager. I also created the API Geolocation key but didn't need it, plus in the patcher there is only room to place one key. The key that works is the Android key, the Geolocation key will fail. Make sure to enable Decompile Resources from the Options tab.
    3. Patch. Make sure to verify the route to the folder on your BlackBerry so the patched APK will be stored there. Sometimes the 'flash' memory (Your BB internal storage) changes from Z to X or W, so it's better to always verify. I have a sub folder inside the Downloads folder that I named 'Patched APK's'.
    4. Run the App. Get verification code. Enjoy.

Make sure you don't have any remaining from a previous version on your phone. This will screw up the process. You can go to Cobalt's Google ID, tap the three dots, Android Settings and Apps, and verify it doesn't appear there. You can also use the Ghost Commander App from BlackBerry World. If you cannot uninstall an Android App you will have to download a complement from BlackBerry World which I've only been able to access from a link in the BlackBerry support page under "Unable to uninstall Android Apps" search, and not directly from BlackBerry World.

So far both Lyft and Uber working smoothly on both my Passport and Leap.

Limitations:
    →Lyft: if you use the Lyft Line option it's mandatory to add a destination. You will only be able to select from the list of your recorded destinations, it won't let you add a new one.
    →Uber: none (so far)

I tried to fix my Marta On The Go App (Public Transportation System of Altanta) using the same procedure and unfortunately it didn't work. I have a DTEK50 as a spare phone that helps me out on those now unusual cases. The DTEK50 is super thin, light and not fragile so it's a great option for a spare Android phone for someone who wants a BB10 phone as primary.
    Last edited by JPD404; 09-18-16 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
    09-18-16 09:45 AM
    Can I get APK Google Maps ver 9.33.1 from other sites and then use Cobalt patcher so works Re play services?

Yes, but you need the correct variant of 9.33.1, as there are 30.

That's why it's always better to use Cobalt's Google Play Store, as it automatically selects the correct one.
    09-18-16 12:55 PM
    Yes, but you need the correct variant of 9.33.1, as there are 30.

That's why it's always better to use Cobalt's Google Play Store, as it automatically selects the correct one.
    Thanks for response.
    Currently have installed on PASSPORT SE google maps 9.33.1 (#933102124)
    This version works perfectly and now receive update request from Google Play Store installed via Cobalt method. But have not updated maps yet.
    So if update won't work?
    You mentioned that play store selects the right one?
    Thanks

09-18-16 01:41 PM
    Thanks for response.
    Currently have installed on PASSPORT SE google maps 9.33.1 (#933102124)
    This version works perfectly and now receive update request from Google Play Store installed via Cobalt method. But have not updated maps yet.
    So if update won't work?
    You mentioned that play store selects the right one?
    Thanks

That IS the correct one for the Passport.

It is also the latest version that still works on BB10. Do not update.
    09-18-16 01:53 PM
    That IS the correct one for the Passport.

It is also the latest version that still works on BB10. Do not update.
    Thanks Conite for your clarification and response.

It seems that on BB10OS as time goes by less apk's that will work..?

09-18-16 03:18 PM
    It seems that on BB10 OS as time goes by less apk's that will work..?

Yes.
    09-18-16 03:24 PM
    i am facing some issue with the patcher the patched app is not working. for eg=xample uber, ola, paytm
    09-18-16 04:13 PM
    i am facing some issue with the patcher the patched app is not working. for eg=xample uber, ola, paytm
    Yes known problem. APK'S updated are slowly not being able to work with outdated runtime on BB10OS devices.
    For myself getting very inconvenient one day working one day not and also time and effort spent in trying to fix. Will still use my Passport SE as much as feasible but got myself a PRIV that zero issues with all these apps we want or request. My patching days are slowly coming to an end unfortunately.

09-18-16 04:26 PM
    Describe "not working".
    09-18-16 05:02 PM
    not working means even after patching, the app works the same way and gives error it used to show before. like your phone is not supported/ this app requires google play services to run
    09-19-16 02:24 AM
    not working means even after patching, the app works the same way and gives error it used to show before. like your phone is not supported/ this app requires google play services to run
    You patched the app on your PC with Play Services Patcher 1.5beta, with the latest apktool, and your own maps api key?
    09-19-16 07:09 AM
    Bit too long to read through every page, but is this possible to do with the Whatsapp version?

I truly love my Classic but unfortunately Whatsapp is used a lot in my social life and even work related...
    09-20-16 11:44 AM
    Bit too long to read through every page, but is this possible to do with the Whatsapp version?

I truly love my Classic but unfortunately Whatsapp is used a lot in my social life and even work related...
    You can, but you won't be able to send media without pre-processing the files. In other words, if WhatsApp is important, get a DTEK.
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-20-16 12:11 PM
    I try to patch and install this app (go simulator)
    Download - MultiUpfile
    After the patch the program start, buat some function requeride google platy service.
    If' I patch the program don't start.... it's possible help me???
    09-21-16 03:30 AM
    I try to patch and install this app (go simulator)
    Download - MultiUpfile
    After the patch the program start, buat some function requeride google platy service.
    If' I patch the program don't start.... it's possible help me???
    This app will not work on BB10 unfortunately.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG191 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    09-21-16 08:04 AM
    Pff that's a shame. is the pre-processing a huge hassle? I rarely send pictures or video's, only text.

DTEK won't do it for me, I want a physical keyboard and the Priv is just too pricy (and big)
    09-21-16 10:38 AM
    Pff that's a shame. is the pre-processing a huge hassle? I rarely send pictures or video's, only text.

DTEK won't do it for me, I want a physical keyboard and the Priv is just too pricy (and big)
    Text is unaffected. With media, you will have to sideload a tool called WAA Fixer.
    09-21-16 10:42 AM
    Ok I'll try it out for these last few months.

Does it have any other issues with using the android version? If that is the only issue that will happen with the app, than I can live with it.
    09-21-16 11:31 AM
    Ok I'll try it out for these last few months.

Does it have any other issues with using the android version? If that is the only issue that will happen with the app, than I can live with it.
    Well there are no other issues at the moment. But any day a new version could break everything.
    09-21-16 11:41 AM
    This app will not work on BB10 unfortunately.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG191 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    are you sure??
    Old version (1.14). work.
    not work totaly not work function that use maps...
    But all other function work very very wel.

Now post patch the latest version, the program auto close..
    If I not patch, the program start, and i modify all option, but not log in.

In the program I see "google play service are required"
    09-22-16 01:05 AM
    is there a trojan in Cobalt's google play app-patcher? Is this a false positive. See results here: https://www.metadefender.com/#!/resu...egular/history which shows Trojan.Injector.Autoit.DR.plpk
    09-28-16 07:07 AM
    is there a trojan in Cobalt's google play app-patcher? Is this a false positive. See results here: https://www.metadefender.com/#!/resu...egular/history which shows Trojan.Injector.Autoit.DR.plpk
    Yes, that's a false positive. Been known for a while that some AV checkers pick up the program's ability to decompile and modify an app as a virus.

It's not.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 12:43 PM
4,042 ... 128129130131132 ...