Is there any links to these files we need to download... i have a huge PROBLEM my self getting google on to my z10.. I thought it would be easier... I am sure its my fault... and just dont know where to get the info.

thanks
    Rena
    07-12-16 10:07 PM
    Is there any links to these files we need to download... i have a huge PROBLEM my self getting google on to my z10.. I thought it would be easier... I am sure its my fault... and just dont know where to get the info.

thanks
    Rena
    First post.
    gfondeur likes this.
    07-13-16 01:34 AM
    when I downloaded the Cobalts Patcher file in the first post above it was a zip file. I extracted all the files inside and then dropped and dragged them through BB Link to my device. What do I do now? There were several files in the zipper folder.
    07-13-16 11:05 AM
    It's a PC app, you needto copy the files to a folder on your computer.
    07-13-16 11:21 AM
    did that and then dragged them to my device. was that not right?
    07-13-16 12:21 PM
    did that and then dragged them to my device. was that not right?
    Again, it is a computer program you use to patch android apps, which the output file after patching is transferred to your phone for installation.
    07-13-16 01:06 PM
    Got it figured out. thanks.
    07-13-16 01:59 PM
    Trying to get my Android Wear app to work with my watch, but it keeps telling me "Google App" has stopped working. I patched the Google App but no luck. Any ideas?
    07-13-16 08:04 PM
    Trying to get my Android Wear app to work with my watch, but it keeps telling me "Google App" has stopped working. I patched the Google App but no luck. Any ideas?
    Don't bother. It won't work.
    07-13-16 08:07 PM
    Awe dang! Ok, thanks again for all the app help today! I think I finally have the hang of it and now my Passport is even more badass than it was before!

Have a good night!
    07-13-16 08:12 PM
    Can a patched apk be updated via google play? Or i just have to uninstall the ap for the New version and repatch...?
    07-14-16 07:10 PM
    Can a patched apk be updated via google play? Or i just have to uninstall the ap for the New version and repatch...?
    Just download it with Google Play. Installation will fail, but the app is downloaded. Patch it, and then install the new patched app over the old patched app.
    07-14-16 07:29 PM
    Hi All,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction . I'm trying to patch Runtastic. If I patch with cobalt 1.4 it patches but no Google map displays only location pin. After some research I see I must patch with cobalt 1.5 b2 and get Google api keys to patch. However when I do this (decompile on to use api's) When it tries to rebuild the apk I get an error 'cannot build package'. I've tried de selecting 'fix manifest ' and 'remove ad' but no joy... any suggestions would be appreciated !!!!!

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 10:46 PM
    Hi All,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction . I'm trying to patch Runtastic. If I patch with cobalt 1.4 it patches but no Google map displays only location pin. After some research I see I must patch with cobalt 1.5 b2 and get Google api keys to patch. However when I do this (decompile on to use api's) When it tries to rebuild the apk I get an error 'cannot build package'. I've tried de selecting 'fix manifest ' and 'remove ad' but no joy... any suggestions would be appreciated !!!!!

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    That is the case with some apps. Not all apps can be decompile and rebuilt. That's life with Android apps.
    07-18-16 03:18 AM
    First, thank you cobalt for all you've done! Amazing!

I have been running apps for months without issues except clash of clans. I would like to transfer my village to an iOs device and for that I need to sign in to Google Play services. To sign in to google play services you need to patch Clash of Clans.
    I did that, then I copied the patched apk to the phone and I tapped to install it. When I do that I get "Unable to install this app" every time!.
    Can someone help me please?

Thank you.
    07-18-16 08:45 PM
    First, thank you cobalt for all you've done! Amazing!

I have been running apps for months without issues except clash of clans. I would like to transfer my village to an iOs device and for that I need to sign in to Google Play services. To sign in to google play services you need to patch Clash of Clans.
    I did that, then I copied the patched apk to the phone and I tapped to install it. When I do that I get "Unable to install this app" every time!.
    Can someone help me please?

Thank you.
    Unfortunately you have to delete the unpatched app before you can install the patched app.

The trick is to do a selective backup with BlackBerry Link. ONLY backup CoC with Link. Then delete the CoC app. Then install the patched app. Then restore the CoC app with Link. You should be good to sign in and sync your village.

In addition to the regular stack, you will need Whitelist installed too.
    07-18-16 08:55 PM
    Unfortunately you have to delete the unpatched app before you can install the patched app.

The trick is to do a selective backup with BlackBerry Link. ONLY backup CoC with Link. Then delete the CoC app. Then install the patched app. Then restore the CoC app with Link. You should be good to sign in and sync your village.

In addition to the regular stack, you will need Whitelist installed too.
    Oh man you guys are amazing. Supercell was being a pain when I asked them to transfer the games. Now I can do it myself.
    Thanks again. Also, if I may suggest I'd add this crucial step in the guide too (the backing up, removing, installing and restoring part). People might find it useful. Those who read instructions that is, because I've seen many people here who don't follow instructions.

Thanks !
    07-18-16 09:36 PM
    That is the case with some apps. Not all apps can be decompile and rebuilt. That's life with Android apps.
    Hi Smokeaire,

Thanks for your comment, thought maybe I was missing something... but I guess it is what it is . App still works just no integrated Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 09:47 PM
    Hi Smokeaire,

Thanks for your comment, thought maybe I was missing something... but I guess it is what it is . App still works just no integrated Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    I'm finding this to be an issue with more and more apps.
    07-19-16 03:34 AM
    Can anyone tell me if there's a way to shut down android when I'm not using its apps. Having two OS Running at once is killing my battery

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 08:06 AM
    Can anyone tell me if there's a way to shut down android when I'm not using its apps. Having two OS Running at once is killing my battery

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't work that way. Battery drain is negligible if Android apps aren't running.

You can't remove it or shut it off anyway.
    07-19-16 08:07 AM
    sir, i respect youre work but i couldnt install the patched app in my blackberry.
    pls give me a solution.

regards.
    07-21-16 10:21 AM
    sir, i respect youre work but i couldnt install the patched app in my blackberry.
    pls give me a solution.

regards.
    What patched app?
    07-21-16 10:24 AM
    Hey guys, I am currently trying to patch Google Maps v9.32.1 (latest) from Play Services Patcher, when I hit continue after analyzing the app, when it hits 100% it says Error: couldn't rebuild app.

Like one year before, I could get Maps working on my phone, without patching, and even I could sign in cause I had the Google Account app. Unfortunately I can't remember Maps version.

Any fix for this? I checked "decompile resources" when patching as well. But no luck. (yes my java is workin, I've patched apps before) OR any working version?

I have all of Cobalts required apps on my Z30 running on 10.2.3.2836 , fyi.

Also I want to get Hangouts working on.. I cannot patch that from PSPatcher either

Any help would be highly appreciated.
    07-21-16 11:09 PM
    I too would like to thank you Cobalt for all your hard work, you have really helped move the BB10 community forward. It's too bad with the relationship that BlackBerry and Android have now that they couldn't release a version of BB10 with working android services.

In any case I too would love to get Google+ working as well as Ingress by Niantic working. I've been going between an Android and a BlackBerry just for those two apps. I've gotten Ingress running with your instructions unpatche but it often tells me in BlackBerry a notification saying this app requires Google services and is not compatible with your device. When I tried to patch it though the patcher told me the app did not require patching.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance with this.

Cheers,
    Tehedra
    07-22-16 02:06 AM
4,042 ... 121122123124125 ...