Thanks guys I have just completed the install of the BlackBerry runtime and the restart but I still have the same problem.

My device is a passport and the os version is 10.3.2.2836

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 05:31 PM
    Thanks guys I have just completed the install of the BlackBerry runtime and the restart but I still have the same problem.

My device is a passport and the os version is 10.3.2.2836

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but now you have to properly delete those apps now that you can.

Use Ghost Commander from BBW.
    05-10-16 06:41 PM
    Yes, but now you have to properly delete those apps now that you can.

Use Ghost Commander from BBW.
    Sometimes a hard restart is needed, I know it was for me....woof
    05-10-16 08:29 PM
    You guys are the best. Now it works perfectly! I was able to install Google Map and couple of apps I needed.
    05-10-16 09:40 PM
    Hey guys, i wan't to thank Cobalt for his excellent work.
    I have a few questions and suggestions
    1- the first post can be rewritten to noobs, I've seen many people lost and reading at least 2 times to understand. for most people ok, but a step-by-step 1-2-3 would be welcome (this is a suggestion, not a critic, thinking for other not so experienced users)
    2- I've downloaded some apps and patched, 50/50 of success, here's my list:
    with 1.4 patcher > netflix, gmaps, keep went ok ---OLX went fine for some minutes, now ask for update to new version in playstore
    two banking apps without patching seems to be fine
    with 1.5 beta > snapseed, tinder seems ok
    chrome beta (slugish, not working well)
    snapchat can't login (already know about devs)
    Pixlr not even opens
    here maps pop ups a message and closes (check if sdcard is in your device and restart app)
    3- google play games won't open
    4- in the patcher how can i use the downloader and in what case i use gmaps api key?

off topic question: anyone knows some app like mix radio (was nokia mix radio) that streams music but also offers offline music listen and free?

thanks for your attention and sorry for my english (from brazil)

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    05-10-16 11:11 PM
    Cobalt thank you again. It is so cool now to be able to fully use the apps that I previously couldn't due to the Play Services error.
    05-11-16 05:25 AM
    Phone mus be rooted for lucky patch, Cobalt has worked best for me plus I use a multitude of other underground play stores
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20160502_101009.png

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 12:34 PM
    Phone mus be rooted for lucky patch, Cobalt has worked best for me plus I use a multitude of other underground play stores
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160502_101009.png 
Views:	493 
Size:	322.1 KB 
ID:	399549

Posted via CB10
    Phone doesn't have to be rooted (where did you come up with the misinformation that it does have to be rooted?), BB phones can't be rooted anyway. Lucky Patcher just doesn't work all that well anymore.
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-11-16 01:01 PM
    Dear all . . . may I ask how your BB 10 phones (with most recent device software installed) are getting along with recent copies of Google Maps (e.g. https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/_elWH...PGbWHgMcpczA8P ) ?
    05-12-16 04:53 AM
    Dear all . . . may I ask how your BB 10 phones (with most recent device software installed) are getting along with recent copies of Google Maps (e.g. https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/_elWH...PGbWHgMcpczA8P ) ?
    Patched Google Maps works just fine except for not being able to download for offline viewing.
    05-12-16 05:12 AM
    I cannot get the ps_patcher to work on my passport! I tried every file on the zip folder. Do I need a computer for this?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 02:44 PM
    I cannot get the ps_patcher to work on my passport! I tried every file on the zip folder. Do I need a computer for this?

Posted via CB10
    You need a PC.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-12-16 03:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    The Patcher is for PC not device. Read the first page.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire and gfondeur like this.
    05-12-16 03:14 PM
    You need a PC.
    Conite I have a question, when you patch a file where is the patched version placed. I delete all files found after an APK patch that blocks data mining. The app still opens, but Cobalts patcher can't find it. If I do it the other way around, the APK patcher can't patch it.......any thoughts?
    05-12-16 06:30 PM
    Conite I have a question, when you patch a file where is the patched version placed. I delete all files found after an APK patch that blocks data mining. The app still opens, but Cobalts patcher can't find it. If I do it the other way around, the APK patcher can't patch it.......any thoughts?
    I'm not sure I follow. Here is my process for an app that requires patching:

1) I use Google Play Store on my device to download the correct version of the app optimised for our Runtime.

2) I move the apk from my device to my PC.

3) I patch the app and move the patched apk back to my device.

4) I install the patched app.

5) I delete the patched apk on my device.
    05-12-16 06:45 PM
    I'm not sure I follow. Here is my process for an app that requires patching:

1) I use Google Play Store on my device to download the correct version of the app optimised for our Runtime.

2) I move the apk from my device to my PC.

3) I patch the app and move the patched apk back to my device.

4) I install the patched app.

5) I delete the patched apk on my device.
    Ok let me try again. I have an APK patcher on my phone. When you download an app and it wants to access you contact let's say. You give it permission than open the APK patcher (on phone). You uncheck the access you want to stop. It alters the app, you then delete the app and it will reinstall it. Now when it opens, the app no longer needs complete access. If I then want to use Cobalts patcher to stop the Google services request it cannot see the app! Side note if I just touch the screen when it tells me it needs Google services that closes and the app runs fine.
    05-12-16 07:55 PM
    Ok let me try again. I have an APK patcher on my phone. When you download an app and it wants to access you contact let's say. You give it permission than open the APK patcher (on phone). You uncheck the access you want to stop. It alters the app, you then delete the app and it will reinstall it. Now when it opens, the app no longer needs complete access. If I then want to use Cobalts patcher to stop the Google services request it cannot see the app! Side note if I just touch the screen when it tells me it needs Google services that closes and the app runs fine.
    First off, you don't need an app to control permissions. Android 4.3 (which is our Runtime) allows it. No need for your patch. Just run BlackBerry Google ID and select app permissions in the top right corner. From there you can toggle the permissions as you please.

Second, Cobalt's Patcher does not prevent an app from using Google Play Services - it makes it possible.
    Last edited by conite; 05-12-16 at 08:51 PM.
    BigBadWulf and gfondeur like this.
    05-12-16 08:06 PM
    First off, you don't need an app to control permissions. Android 4.3 (which is our Runtime) allows it. No need for your patch. Just run BlackBerry Google ID and select app permissions in the top right corner. From there you can toggle the permissions as you please.

Second, Cobalt's Patcher does not prevent an app from using Google Play Services - it makes it possible.
    I thought that as well, but CNN does not appear in that APPS list so I cannot stop it, if you want I will latter today take some screen shots to show you if it would help
    05-13-16 06:26 AM
    I thought that as well, but CNN does not appear in that APPS list so I cannot stop it, if you want I will latter today take some screen shots to show you if it would help
    It's on my list.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20160513_074414.png
    05-13-16 06:45 AM
    It's on my list.

Name:	IMG_20160513_074414.png 
Views:	687 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	399633

You have been a great help, I am going it latter and not run the APK program. Thank you very much
    05-13-16 04:41 PM
    It's on my list.

Name:	IMG_20160513_074414.png 
Views:	687 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	399633
    Here are the two pages, on one (android) the app has no permissions. One the BlackBerry App viewer it has them all? So I am perplexed? The APK blocker cannot see this App anymore to block the permissions, but the BlackBerry App viewer tells me it has full reign? So Im not sure...........is the BlackBerry reporting something that is not happening? Or is reporting what the Google App does not want you to change?
    Attached Thumbnails How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20160513_200452.jpg   How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20160513_200413.jpg  
    05-13-16 07:15 PM
    Here are the two pages, on one (android) the app has no permissions. One the BlackBerry App viewer it has them all? So I am perplexed? The APK blocker cannot see this App anymore to block the permissions, but the BlackBerry App viewer tells me it has full reign? So Im not sure...........is the BlackBerry reporting something that is not happening? Or is reporting what the Google App does not want you to change?
    The Android settings only provide access to the permissions that the app actually USES.
    05-13-16 07:24 PM
    The Android settings only provide access to the permissions that the app actually USES.
    Ok so the other permissions are duds and not used. Thank you for the clarification........Woof!

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me, I was confused on how in one it was everything and the other its nothing...........
    05-13-16 07:39 PM
    I kn

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 06:33 PM
    So I got the Google Play Store to work, but I can't get the Google Play Services to work. I like my BB Classic but this is nuts. I am thinking about just going back to Android altogether, but want to stick it out a little longer.............. Anyway I can just pay a bro to hook me up with this? LOL

Also, I don't think the link below is working. I'm trying to get this app called Mightytext to work. I installed it, but it needs Google Play Services. Who knows..................... Thx!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download Link Play Services Patcher
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download Play Services Patcher 1.4 [Released November 15, 2015]
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...atcher-1.4.zip
    05-14-16 09:53 PM
4,042 ... 115116117118119 ...