I am having problems in installing play service is there is anyway!
    See post #1 of this thread: Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page
    04-08-16 01:24 AM
    Hi! I've downloaded the apps that I needed from SNAP in the phone. Could you tell me, please, where do the downloaded apk's go? I can't find them to patch them. Thanks!
    By the way, I have a Classic.
    04-11-16 09:11 PM
    Hi! I've downloaded the apps that I needed from SNAP in the phone. Could you tell me, please, where do the downloaded apk's go? I can't find them to patch them. Thanks!
    Not sure about Snap but on Google play, when you download the app (and not installed) it will be in your download file in "file manager". Thats what you will use to patch.
    04-11-16 09:37 PM
    In Snap's settings you can choose to save or delete the apk after install. You can also choose the folder that Snap saves the file to. I generally save to a folder on the SD Card. I used to save directly to Dropbox but noticed that there was often a delay in getting the apk files to download. Also, be sure to fully install the app and leave Snap open for a little while afterwards. Otherwise the apk might not download. If the apk doesn't download to the SD Card folder, install some other apps via Snap and then they'll get "pushed".

It's hard to explain why this happens with Snap but it does. With Cobalt's Google Play Store solution, the apk files end up in the download folder on the device. They are always there and will even show up there if you decide not to install the apk.
    04-12-16 02:06 AM
    Hallo Cobalt, I do have a Problem with my Flight Tracking Apps, FlightRadar24Pro and Planefinder. They used to work fine after patching and installing. Since the android runtime update BB both Apps stay Grey and not show landscape or planes no more. I have installed the current Play Service patched by you and patched the App with Play Service Patcher 1.4. No help, it stays grey, not working. The Apps start but not Show anything. Is there anything you know I can do? Thank you.

Harry
    04-12-16 04:46 AM
    Hallo Cobalt, I do have a Problem with my Flight Tracking Apps, FlightRadar24Pro and Planefinder. They used to work fine after patching and installing. Since the android runtime update BB both Apps stay Grey and not show landscape or planes no more. I have installed the current Play Service patched by you and patched the App with Play Service Patcher 1.4. No help, it stays grey, not working. The Apps start but not Show anything. Is there anything you know I can do? Thank you.

Harry
    I'm not real sure what you are referring to as to not working. If it is Google Maps are blank then you need to read Cobalt's latest post: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12380332
    04-13-16 03:47 AM
    Dear Simon,
    I had messaged you. Please help us on a workaround for Bitaksi.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....musteri&hl=en

It does not show maps anymore when patched. I cannot use the old versino as it uses a forced update. And it is a free application .
    04-13-16 07:31 AM
    Dear Simon,
    I had messaged you. Please help us on a workaround for Bitaksi.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....musteri&hl=en

It does not show maps anymore when patched. I cannot use the old versino as it uses a forced update. And it is a free application .
    Read the link I posted in the post above yours. I think that will be a solution.
    04-13-16 07:43 AM
    I am not sure if i am able to create Google Maps API V2. Which one do i choose for creating Google Maps API V2 key on developers site ?

Google Maps Android Api or Google Maps Embed API ? Which one is V2 ??
    04-13-16 08:42 AM
    I am having problems in installing play service is there is anyway!

Posted via CB10
    You get it from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/, you can't patch google Play Services/Settings. If you already knew this and weren't trying to patch it but the one you downloaded from the link I provide wouldn't install, if it was v8.4.89 build 4 it's because to my knowledge there was a problem with that apk because for me it wouldn't install either, but today Cobalt just released/uploaded build 5 which now installs fine, at least that's how it went down for me. Also, make sure you've updated the Android runtime to the latest version from BlackBerry World. Good luck.
    Last edited by Josuemental; 05-11-16 at 05:35 AM.
    04-13-16 06:53 PM
    Patched my bank app like Cobalt explained. Maps inside the app work!
    04-14-16 01:41 AM
    is anyone seeing the first post in html codes???

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 05:52 AM
    I have installed the newest Play Services and used Patcher 1.5 on the Aps. Well, Google Maps is working fine on my Z30. Apps FlightRadar24Pro and Planefinder open but don't Show any landscape. These Apps are using Google Maps too.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20160414_150830.pngHow to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20160414_150904.png

As you see on the screenshots!!!

I created an API and Flightradar is working now. The App Planefinder ist still failing to Show landscape even I did a API twice and patched it.
    Last edited by egglys; 04-14-16 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Solved!!!!!!!! Thank you all!!!!!
    04-14-16 08:15 AM
    After I download on my Passport, I am not able to activate the files. When I click to unzip PS_Patcher-1.4.zip, I get an unzipped folder by the same name. When I click the folder, it opens to show three items: another folder called "lib" and two files called "GMaps patcher win v1.4-final.exe" and ".DS-Store," neither of which will open (I get a message that says, "Unable to open GMaps patcher . . ." Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Last edited by JJBBgreat; 04-15-16 at 09:58 AM.
    04-15-16 07:03 AM
    After I download on my Passport, I am not able to activate the files. When I click to unzip PS_Patcher-1.4.zip, I get an unzipped folder by the same name. When I click the folder, it opens to show three items: another folder called "lib" and two files called "GMaps patcher win v1.4-final.exe" and ".DS-Store," neither of which will open (I get a message that says, "Unable to open GMaps patcher . . ." Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Play Store Patcher is installed on your computer, not on your phone. The first post indicates such. Did you read it?
    04-15-16 11:06 AM
    I couldn't download new google play service ( buid 5) . link provided on first page is not working .. any help?
    04-15-16 11:28 AM
    I couldn't download new google play service ( buid 5) . link provided on first page is not working .. any help?
    https://mega.co.nz/#!5IJCgabL!SjqcS4...OshIR5FUO5PWuI
    04-15-16 04:42 PM
    In all honesty, I read it a dozen times and I went back and reread it after your post, and while I admit I'm not the sharpest tack in the drawer, I still can't find where this is clear. Can you refer me?
    04-15-16 06:33 PM
    In all honesty, I read it a dozen times and I went back and reread it after your post, and while I admit I'm not the sharpest tack in the drawer, I still can't find where this is clear. Can you refer me?
    To Patch an App you will need a PC. Lets start there.
    04-15-16 07:13 PM
    @Cobalt:

Thank you, thank you, a million times THANK YOU!

You have helped me get more useful life out of my BB10 devices than I ever dreamed possible. I have already been enjoying the Google Play Store for some time now, but I finally worked up the courage to install your patched Google Play Services and my patched version of Google Maps works great!

This has opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me.

I sincerely hope you continue to support these fantastic resources you have developed for as long as BlackBerry supports BB10 (or longer).

I plan to send a donation your way as a small token of my appreciation.

BlackBerry or CrackBerry (or both) should hire you and compensate you generously for your continued efforts to support the remaining BB10 diehards.

Cheers!
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    04-16-16 07:10 PM
    I admit that I feel a little out of my league here, so pardon my inexperience. I have downloaded the "Play Services Patcher" program to my desktop computer; it looks ready to work. However, I have no idea how to get the APK files from my Passport smart phone to my computer. I tried to attach one to an email but my Passport says the file is too big. So, have a good laugh, and then tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
    04-17-16 02:51 PM
    I admit that I feel a little out of my league here, so pardon my inexperience. I have downloaded the "Play Services Patcher" program to my desktop computer; it looks ready to work. However, I have no idea how to get the APK files from my Passport smart phone to my computer. I tried to attach one to an email but my Passport says the file is too big. So, have a good laugh, and then tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
    Use the Browse button in the upper right to go to the files on your phone. You can them go to the "Path" tab and check the Copy to Device box,then pick the path to the file folder on your phone you want the patched file to be copied to. Why don't you just spend some time reading what each tab has to offer.
    04-17-16 03:04 PM
    Downloaded the patcher on my PC. Hooked my BlackBerry Z30 up to my very old 2006 PC (running Windows XP) using a USB cable. Had to do this because I use a Mac laptop now and haven't turned this PC on in years, but read in the comments here that the patcher only works on PC.

My phone is charging, but the PC is not recognizing my BlackBerry. I tried different USB outlets on the PC but same issue. What am I doing wrong?

And once I can get it to work (if ever!), to patch, do I simply run the patcher on my PC, look for the APK files saved oj my phone through my PC and patch?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 10:15 PM
    P.s. On my BlackBerry, I have USB mass storage mode toggled on.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 10:16 PM
    Cobalt, thank you for creating the instructions for running Android apps on BB10. I used your Play Services Patcher successfully with Gmaps, although I wasn't having any prior problems opening it. However, I have been unsuccessful using it to get TeamViewer to install on my BB Classic. It used to open with a message about Google Play Services (I think), but that was easily bypassed. Screen shots are attached. I tried re-installing the APK for TeamViewer that worked a few days ago (I just upgraded from a 2 year old Q5 to this Classic) with and without running it through the Patcher. I also tried downloading the app from BB World and installing both the unpatched and patched versions - all failed to install. Any assistance you can provide would be most appreciated and will donate to your cause even if you can't help me with this specific request. How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-download-bb-app.jpgHow to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-gp-services-stopped.jpg Regards,
    Robert Marsh
    04-19-16 04:11 PM
4,042 ... 111112113114115 ...