Is this the window I'm supposed to get to?
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20160222_131208.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 12:12 PM
    Is this the window I'm supposed to get to?
    Congratulations! You found the folder that contains java.exe. You can now set the java path into Play Services Patcher.
    02-22-16 03:14 PM
    How do I do that? I can't copy and paste it to the patcher.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 03:59 PM
    I am guessing you aren't going to the correct spot on the Patcher app to set up the Java path. I have a feeling you are browsing from the Session tab.

Try these steps:

1. Open Play Services Patcher on your PC.
    2. Click on the "Paths" tab near the top.
    3. In the "Application path" area click the "Browse" button to the right of the Java.exe line.
    4. Navigate to the Java.exe file you are looking for.

Note that you have to do this anytime you get an update to Java (which seems to be every couple of weeks lately).

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-22-16 06:51 PM
    OK, stupid question, but what apk am I looking for? For example, I'm trying to fix Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 07:51 PM
    OK, stupid question, but what apk am I looking for? For example, I'm trying to fix Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    Any android app you install first get downloaded to your phone.Do Not Install a App you want to Patch. Tab the fill manager and under download you will find the APK fill. Plug you phone into the PC, make sure Mass storage is toggled, (or like me it connected over wifi) so you have you phone file on your PC. Open Gmap patcher. On the PC locate your BB file/download. Find the file and drag it to the Gmap patcher.
    02-22-16 08:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    So you want to find the version of maps that has downloaded from Cobalt's Patched Play Store and run that through the patcher.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-22-16 08:25 PM
    So I do this for ANY app that requires Google play, correct? And I need to have my device connect to pc.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 08:30 PM
    So I do this for ANY app that requires Google play, correct? And I need to have my device connect to pc.

Posted via CB10
    Any app that asks for / requires Google Play Services, yes.

Download app on device with Play Store. Copy to PC. Patch. Copy to device. Install.
    02-22-16 08:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not google play, Google service need to be patched. I have BBlink set up for wifi so every time i turn on the PC the phone is connected. If your not set up that way then Yes you will need to connect the phone to your PC and make sure your Mass storage is turn on.
    02-22-16 08:37 PM
    I will try that tomorrow. Seems like a lot to do. Thanks guys!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 08:42 PM
    Once you figure out how it all work....Its easy as pie.
    02-22-16 08:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Google.android.apps.map.apk
    I think if you just scrolled through your downloaded apks you would have figured it out.

I have a suggestion. Why don't you just stick to one thread to posts your questions in instead of posting the same questions in several threads. It gets confusing to to those who are trying to help.
    02-23-16 04:18 AM
    I've only posted in 2 threads. But I do appreciate. You guys helping out.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 06:12 AM
    ok, so now it seems like i have patched up google maps, where do i fund the patched apk and how do i install to phone?
    02-23-16 11:38 AM
    ok, so now it seems like i have patched up google maps, where do i fund the patched apk and how do i install to phone?
    If you didn't set it in the options to move the patched apk automatically back to your phone, then it will be in the output folder in the patcher directory. Just click and drag to transfer the patched file to the location of your choice on your device, then make sure the unpatched app is uninstalled and tap on the new patched file to start installing.
    02-23-16 11:49 AM
    also, there is an option to check that says "copy patched APK file to device" should I check that the next time?
    02-23-16 11:50 AM
    If you didn't set it in the options to move the patched apk automatically back to your phone, then it will be in the output folder in the patcher directory. Just click and drag to transfer the patched file to the location of your choice on your device, then make sure the unpatched app is uninstalled and tap on the new patched file to start installing.
    Yeah, I saw that option after the fact. I'm doing it for the next app I have to patch. seems like alot of work to get a phone to have the same apps as the "main stream" phones have. what a shame...anyways, I got the google maps to work finally and now I'm doing life360. Cobalt you do amazing work and also the guys that are here to help out as well!!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-23-16 12:18 PM
    also, there is an option to check that says "copy patched APK file to device" should I check that the next time?
    Yes. Make sure you delete the unpatched apk from your phone first before moving over the patched app.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 12:18 PM
    Yeah, I saw that option after the fact. I'm doing it for the next app I have to patch. seems like alot of work to get a phone to have the same apps as the "main stream" phones have. what a shame...anyways, I got the google maps to work finally and now I'm doing life360. Cobalt you do amazing work and also the guys that are here to help out as well!!
    It might seem that way now, but it quickly will become second nature and you will get this done in minutes. Considering all the work happening behind the scenes to make it possible it's really a small miracle.

BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-23-16 06:37 PM
    I already patched the apk file ( gojek.apk from google play store ) but it still cannot work on my z10.
    02-24-16 07:11 AM
    I already patched the apk file ( gojek.apk from google play store ) but it still cannot work on my z10.
    That app is just not compatible with our Runtime.
    02-24-16 08:59 AM
    It might seem that way now, but it quickly will become second nature and you will get this done in minutes. Considering all the work happening behind the scenes to make it possible it's really a small miracle.

I guess you're right. Today I patched tripadvisor and it seemed easier than the other day. It's just an extra step to get the apps you need.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 12:30 PM
    I have apps from BBW, Amazon and now Google. Would the device run better if all apps were from one source or it doesn't matter? Seems like it's a bit slow on occasions to open up some apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 01:19 PM
    Having problems with shazam.dowmloaded and installed and when I try to open it closes

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 01:39 PM
4,042 ... 102103104105106 ...