Ok so, I was able to get Photos running! I had to download it from another source online (still had the same name but added the '1' to it so not sure which helped this work). I added it to the Whitelist, which of course, told me I already had added 1mobile....so weird....I told it to do it again. I then patched the new file with the (1) added to the extension, and then installed it....voila, it works. Back to the whitelist, I refreshed and there is Photos, sitting right there. 1mobile is also still there, don't know if this is normal or if/how it could be deleted, but as of now Photos is working fine so I cannot complain!

I am getting a notification from 1mobile that there is an update for Photos. Not sure why because I downloaded the same version (same file name anyway!) What would I do in this case? How do we updated patched files? Do all this over again? Or go through 1mobile?

Thanks in advance:-)
    01-20-16 06:26 PM
    Hey all!

Ok this is my 4th time (and last time) trying this! I've followed all the instructions once again....and now going on to patching apps. All I really need is Photos. I found the APK on 1mobile and I put it in a folder in downloads called UNPATCHED. I went into Google+ Whitelist and added it. For some reason, it thought it was 1Mobile Market? Not quite sure why. But I downloaded actual 1Mobile and tried to re add the unpatched Photos, and it asked if I would like to redo 1mobile market. I said yes....what else could I do?

I patched the APK I got from 1mobile (Photos) and put it in a folder in my download folder called PATCHED. I then went and tried to install it but it says UNABLE TO INSTALL THIS APP.

I'm about to throw this thing out the window, I'm so frustrated! ALL I want is Photos, nothing else, lol....I hope that when I finally get this, it will be worth the 4 days of fussing with all of this:-)

Can anyone tell me what's up? What am I doing wrong here?
    I would be ever so grateful!!!! :-)
    There are a number of things going on here.

First, use Cobalt's Google Play Store instead of 1mobile, so you are sure you're getting the latest, clean, correct build of the app you're looking for.

Second, make sure you patch the app on your PC with Play Services Patcher. Any previous or unpatched app residing on your device must be deleted first. If you are on OS2876 you have the added problem that apps can't be properly deleted.

Third, make sure you have properly downloaded and installed Google Login and BlackBerry Google ID (and sign in and register) obtained from the first post.

Fourth, make sure you have installed Cobalt's modified Google Play Services.

Fifth, whitelist the unpatched apk (although Cobalt pre-whitelisted most Google apps).

OK?
    StarSpun likes this.
    01-20-16 08:56 PM
    There are a number of things going on here.

First, use Cobalt's Google Play Store instead of 1mobile, so you are sure you're getting the latest, clean, correct build of the app you're looking for.

Second, make sure you patch the app on your PC with Play Services Patcher. Any previous or unpatched app residing on your device must be deleted first. If you are on OS2876 you have the added problem that apps can't be properly deleted.

Third, make sure you have properly downloaded and installed Google Login and BlackBerry Google ID (and sign in and register) obtained from the first post.

Fourth, make sure you have installed Cobalt's modified Google Play Services.

Fifth, whitelist the unpatched apk (although Cobalt pre-whitelisted most Google apps).

OK?
    Thanks so much for the quick reply:-) I did an update post about me getting it to work, but I am still confused a bit on how that happened with Mobile1. Haha!

I just found Colbalts Play Store, I had no idea (there is so much to go through with this, hehe!). So now....the question is, do I uninstall the Google Photos I have and go with the updated version on his store? How do I uninstall, delete from Whitelist, etc....?

I was reading about that update and decided not to do it, so I turned off auto updates. At least I don't have this problem, ack!

I have all the other required Colbalt apps installed perfectly....so now I guess....how do I get rid of the PHOTOS I have (see previous post about 1mobile suggesting I update it....no idea how!) and delete that stuff from the whitelist?

I guess I could always hard reformat again....I mean one more time right:-) LOL!

Thanks SO much for your help! :-)
    01-20-16 09:16 PM
    Thanks so much for the quick reply:-) I did an update post about me getting it to work, but I am still confused a bit on how that happened with Mobile1. Haha!

I just found Colbalts Play Store, I had no idea (there is so much to go through with this, hehe!). So now....the question is, do I uninstall the Google Photos I have and go with the updated version on his store? How do I uninstall, delete from Whitelist, etc....?

I was reading about that update and decided not to do it, so I turned off auto updates. At least I don't have this problem, ack!

I have all the other required Colbalt apps installed perfectly....so now I guess....how do I get rid of the PHOTOS I have (see previous post about 1mobile suggesting I update it....no idea how!) and delete that stuff from the whitelist?

I guess I could always hard reformat again....I mean one more time right:-) LOL!

Thanks SO much for your help! :-)
    You can install a patched app over an older patched app. So just patch the new one and update.

No need to whitelist again. The signature will not change between versions.
    StarSpun likes this.
    01-20-16 09:22 PM
    Ok....cool....so....here is the problem. I can't find his play store link anymore. Or are we taling about the Google Play I downloaded with all the other apps (google ID and such). I tried to update via the patched play store, but it said it couldn't install the app. Not sure how else to download the new one to patch. Excuse my stupidity....I can root and put custom ROMs on an Android but for the life of me I can't figure this out so fast! Derp!

Thanks so much! :-)
    01-20-16 09:35 PM
    Hello conite, can patched apps be updated from play store? some patched apps asks me to update..

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 09:36 PM
    Ok....cool....so....here is the problem. I can't find his play store link anymore. Or are we taling about the Google Play I downloaded with all the other apps (google ID and such). I tried to update via the patched play store, but it said it couldn't install the app. Not sure how else to download the new one to patch. Excuse my stupidity....I can root and put custom ROMs on an Android but for the life of me I can't figure this out so fast! Derp!

Thanks so much! :-)
    It download the app and aborts the install because it can't install an unpatched app over a patched app. No matter though, because it DID download the app to your download folder. Now you can patch it.
    StarSpun likes this.
    01-20-16 09:39 PM
    Hello conite, can patched apps be updated from play store? some patched apps asks me to update..

Posted via CB10
    Yes and no. The Play Store will download the update, but abort the install. That's OK though, because it downloaded the app and placed it in your download folder. Now you can patch and install.
    StarSpun likes this.
    01-20-16 09:40 PM
    It download the app and aborts the install because it can't install an unpatched app over a patched app. No matter though, because it DID download the app to your download folder. Now you can patch it.
    DOH! Just did what you said and it worked. Oh happy day! Thanks so much Conite, I really really appreciate your help! :-)
    Should I uninstall 1mobile? And what happens to it being in the whitelist?
    01-20-16 09:51 PM
    Oo..that means the apps can't or should not be updated directly from play store, isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 09:55 PM
    Oo..that means the apps can't or should not be updated directly from play store, isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    If you patched an app, and the Play Store shows you have an update, you need to patch the update. Just patching the old version the first time doesn't automatically patch all updates. You need to repeat the patching process on all subsequent app updates.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-20-16 10:07 PM
    DOH! Just did what you said and it worked. Oh happy day! Thanks so much Conite, I really really appreciate your help! :-)
    Should I uninstall 1mobile? And what happens to it being in the whitelist?
    Get rid of it. It won't matter being whitelisted.
    01-20-16 10:20 PM
    Ok cool....will delete!
    Here is an interesting question though! I had a backup of my tumblr APK from before I reformatted the phone.
    I patched it and went to put the unpatched version through Whitelist.
    Whitelist thinks it's 1mobile again and asks if I want to redo it! It also thought Photos was 1mobile, so I am wondering if I redo it for Tumblr, will it mess up my Photos?
    Does that make sense?

Edited for another question:

I installed a patched Nest, but it won't open past log in. I've reset the phone a couple of times,cleared data, deleted it from App Manager, re-installed....same issues. I know a non patched version worked on the phone before, so I am thinking it's not taking well to being patched. How do I uninstall completely, take it off the whitelist, and just install it normally? So far I haven't run into any other problems with other programs. Reaaaaally need my Nest. :-)

Edited again: Installed Ghost Commander, and sure enough Nest is still there, I am unable to delete it. Looks like I am hard resetting my Passport for a 5th time. So many hours, I must really like this phone. Trying not to run back to Android, but it's hard! At least now it will go a bit faster and I can have it working perfectly. Will do NEST first without patching it, if all goes well, I will continue. One more hic-up and I'm gonna lose all my hair!
    Last edited by StarSpun; 01-21-16 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Added question....
    01-20-16 11:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Simple rule:

1. If the app that you downloaded from Play Store runs without patching, you can update it with Play Store (download > install)
    2. If the app had to be patched, you can download the update, but you then you'll have to patch it before installing (download > patch -> install)
    01-21-16 02:31 AM
    Thank you cobalt & conite for your help and make it easier to understand.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 03:27 AM
    Dear Cobalt,
    please let me thank you as your job is indeed a great contribution to keeping alive BB.

Probably mi issue is related to the security issue related to OS 10.3.28xx as it sticked in the forum, so it is problably a matter of waiting BB to release 10.3.3

I have a problem which is related to installing (actually uninstalling) Tripview Lite, an app for Sydney trains and buses which on Android works really fine on my Q5 (running 10.3.2.2836)
    Here is what happened:

1. Installed the App on my wife Android
    2. Used APK estractor to get the .apk file and copied it to my Mobile
    3. Installed the original app (not yet patched, I wasnt yet aware your wonderful your work and efforts).
    4. got the message requiring Google Play Services, then started digging the web and find your awesome job
    5 Installed all your required apps on my Q5 (created the accoun, the ID, and installed the play services)
    6. Deleted the orginal App from BB (just by clicking on the wastebin on the icon)
    7. Installed Google Play Store, from where I still can see that the app was still installed on my device (!?) I then clicked on Uninstall and suddenly after showing me the progress bar it crashes and quit the Play Store.
    8. Patched on my PC the original app with success (please see the attachment)
    9. Tried to install the patched app on my Q5 but got the following message in between the Initialising and Processing processes: "unable to install this app"

If I go on your Google BB ID app I still see that the original (or the patched ??) app is installed somewhere but I cannot see it on my screen , if I click on the "uninstall" it seems to work for a bit and then it suddenly quit. I think the problem could be to remove the old original one.

Many thanks in advance and sorry for bothering but I actually read the thread on 10.3.28xx after writing all this.. :-(

cheers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Simo S; 01-21-16 at 05:35 AM.
    01-21-16 05:09 AM
    Ok cool....will delete!
    Here is an interesting question though! I had a backup of my tumblr APK from before I reformatted the phone.
    I patched it and went to put the unpatched version through Whitelist.
    Whitelist thinks it's 1mobile again and asks if I want to redo it! It also thought Photos was 1mobile, so I am wondering if I redo it for Tumblr, will it mess up my Photos?
    Does that make sense?

Edited for another question:

I installed a patched Nest, but it won't open past log in. I've reset the phone a couple of times,cleared data, deleted it from App Manager, re-installed....same issues. I know a non patched version worked on the phone before, so I am thinking it's not taking well to being patched. How do I uninstall completely, take it off the whitelist, and just install it normally? So far I haven't run into any other problems with other programs. Reaaaaally need my Nest. :-)

Edited again: Installed Ghost Commander, and sure enough Nest is still there, I am unable to delete it. Looks like I am hard resetting my Passport for a 5th time. So many hours, I must really like this phone. Trying not to run back to Android, but it's hard! At least now it will go a bit faster and I can have it working perfectly. Will do NEST first without patching it, if all goes well, I will continue. One more hic-up and I'm gonna lose all my hair!
    I know conite asked before, but is your OS version 10.3.2.2876? If so, there is a bug preventing all android apps from being uninstalled properly.

Simo S likes this.
    01-21-16 05:30 AM
    I know conite asked before, but is your OS version 10.3.2.2876? If so, there is a bug preventing all android apps from being uninstalled properly.

Heya! I've bee reading up on this and it seems I am having this EXACT problem. However, I have version 10.3.2.2836. I just updated to this, so maybe this version is having the same issues? Good to know it's not just me, but I thought it was the version above mine. I guess I will wait until the fix and then wipe my entire phone and start new. No point doing it now if I am going to have the same silly problems....

I can't believe Blackberry would let this BUG go for so long. Android is looking tempting again, I've never had so many problems with a phone in my life. :-( Will try to have patience....

EDIT: Whoops I see now, Software OS is indeed the troubled one. I am wondering if I factory reset through Black Link it if will revert to the old one? Does anyone know?
    01-21-16 10:27 AM
    Heya! I've bee reading up on this and it seems I am having this EXACT problem. However, I have version 10.3.2.2836. I just updated to this, so maybe this version is having the same issues? Good to know it's not just me, but I thought it was the version above mine. I guess I will wait until the fix and then wipe my entire phone and start new. No point doing it now if I am going to have the same silly problems....

I can't believe Blackberry would let this BUG go for so long. Android is looking tempting again, I've never had so many problems with a phone in my life. :-( Will try to have patience....
    2836 is the software release of OS2876. Same thing.
    01-21-16 10:37 AM
    2836 is the software release of OS2876. Same thing.
    I JUST realized that. Oh dear. Factory resetting to see if it reverts.
    01-21-16 10:57 AM
    I JUST realized that. Oh dear. Factory resetting to see if it reverts.
    Don't do a security wipe. A quick fix (loading the older Runtime) is found here (post 6):

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1058115
    01-21-16 11:00 AM
    Won't really help. Better load old Android runtime.
    01-21-16 11:01 AM
    I tried to install play services patcher and the file won't open on my phone!
    01-22-16 11:24 AM
    I tried to install play services patcher and the file won't open on my phone!
    It's a PC application. It can only be run from there.
    01-22-16 11:26 AM
    Hi. Is there a version of this app for Mac?
    01-23-16 02:19 PM
4,042 ... 979899100101 ...