Yes, in file manager, the APK files are downloaded to device- downloads.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 10:14 PM
    Hello, sorry if this has already been asked and resolved but I'm not going through all 95 pages of this thread and the 165 ones of "Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page" to find out. I succesfully (according to the Play Services Patcher) patched Google Hangouts, I installed it in my BlackBerry Passport with BlackBerry 10.3.2 and when running it it gives me the message window: "Hangouts relies on Google Play services, which is not supported by your device. Contact the manufacturer for assistance:", and on the Hub I get a notification asking me to update Google Play Services that says that "Hangouts requires an update to Google Play Services.". So what am I supposed to do or what am I doing wrong? I have Cobalt's: "Google Account manager 4.3.3-737497", "BlackBerry Google Id 2.7", "Google Play Services 8.4.89(2428711-036)", and "Google+ Whitelist 1.0.0.4" all installed in my Passport, the "Google Hangouts" version I installed is 6.1.109448852.
    Thanks in advance.
    The bad news is I don't have an answer for you. The good news is you don't have to read every single post to find it. Always read the first post, then use the search function that's on every single thread. It helps you find what what need.

12-22-15 06:30 PM
    The bad news is I don't have an answer for you. The good news is you don't have to read every single post to find it. Always read the first post, then use the search function that's on every single thread. It helps you find what what need.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20151222_192544_edit.jpg

12-22-15 06:31 PM
    i owe u my life
    12-23-15 03:58 AM
    Hi Cobalt,

I downloaded maps and youtube with ur play store. Then when using PS 1.4 to patch the apk's it says it doesnt need patching... With decompiling on or off and even with force rebuilding... What am i doing wrong?
    Or is there something with the downloaded apk files (from ur play store) in my downloads folder...

Thanks for helping me out
    12-24-15 07:32 PM
    Please post session log.
    12-24-15 08:17 PM
    Hi Cobalt,

I downloaded maps and youtube with ur play store. Then when using PS 1.4 to patch the apk's it says it doesnt need patching... With decompiling on or off and even with force rebuilding... What am i doing wrong?
    Or is there something with the downloaded apk files (from ur play store) in my downloads folder...

Thanks for helping me out
    Please post session log.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe YouTube still needs some extra work to patch correctly. If not, I have been modifying it myself for no reason...

12-24-15 08:21 PM
    Please post session log.
    Where do i find the session log?

I tried to patch the exact same apk with ur previous gMaps Patcher and there is works...

The session log:

Processing C:\Users\Rafa�l\Installers\BlackBerry\Te patchen Apps\com.google.android.apps.maps.apk
    The package contains 2 classes.dex files
    [Decompiling classes]
    I: Using Apktool 2.0.2 on com.google.android.apps.maps.apk
    I: Copying raw resources...
    I: Baksmaling classes.dex...
    I: Baksmaling classes2.dex...
    I: Copying assets and libs...
    I: Copying unknown files...
    I: Copying original files...
    Decompiled 27.54 MB in 25.68 seconds
    Done.
    [Analyzing Package]
    Google Play services dependencies detected
    Found: C:\Users\Rafa‰l\Installers\BlackBerry\PS_Patcher-1.4\PS_Patcher-1.4\tmp\com.google.android.apps.maps\smali\com\goo gle\android\gms\common\d.smali
    Found: C:\Users\Rafa‰l\Installers\BlackBerry\PS_Patcher-1.4\PS_Patcher-1.4\tmp\com.google.android.apps.maps\smali\com\goo gle\android\gms\common\f.smali
    No matching pattern to identify Google Ads file
    [Analysis completed]

Press CONTINUE to proceed or CANCEL to abort.

Nothing to patch.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.
    12-24-15 08:37 PM
    % symbol in your path.
    12-25-15 03:41 AM
    % symbol in your path.
    Hi Cobalt,

Tried on a different computer where there arent dots on the � in the username and it worked.
    The weird thing is when i use ur previous gmaps patcher on my 'affected' computer (my username is Rafa�l with the dots) it does work, but with the new ps patcher it doesnt...
    12-25-15 06:49 AM
    Merry Christmas All and thanks again to Cobalt for all his support.

 Z30 10.3.2.858
    12-25-15 07:36 AM
    So, I downloaded the patcher to my device, which I realize doesn't work. Then I downloaded it to my PC and have it running, but how do I get the apps I want to patch on my PC so that I can patch them? I can't figure it out. When I click install in the google play store from y computer, it doesn't download the app to my computer, it says the app will be installed on my device soon.

Please let me know. Thank you for all of your help.

(the error I'm getting when I try to use apps from google play is that the apps wont' work without google services, which is why I need the patch.)
    12-27-15 10:01 PM
    So, I downloaded the patcher to my device, which I realize doesn't work. Then I downloaded it to my PC and have it running, but how do I get the apps I want to patch on my PC so that I can patch them? I can't figure it out. When I click install in the google play store from y computer, it doesn't download the app to my computer, it says the app will be installed on my device soon.

(the error I'm getting when I try to use apps from google play is that the apps wont' work without google services, which is why I need the patch.)
    Obviously you did read the first posts of all of Cobalt's threads.
    Read this and follow all links and instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11189556
    12-28-15 03:29 AM

Use your phone as an external memory device on the PC. Click on browse in the patcher once your phone is plugged in and navigate to the folder where they are saved on your phone. The patched apps end up in the output folder on the PC so just click and drag them to where you want them on your phone. Then open the file on your phone to start installing the patched app.

12-28-15 08:14 AM
    Use your phone as an external memory device on the PC. Click on browse in the patcher once your phone is plugged in and navigate to the folder where they are saved on your phone. The patched apps end up in the output folder on the PC so just click and drag them to where you want them on your phone. Then open the file on your phone to start installing the patched app.

There is a tab in Play Service Patcher that has an option that will let the user determine if the patched app will be saved on the computer or have it copied in a folder in the phone. Saves a few steps. I'm not on my computer so I don't recall the tab name, Paths, Output or something like that.
    12-28-15 09:53 AM
    Got it. Thanks - that worked!
    12-28-15 03:38 PM
    There is a tab in Play Service Patcher that has an option that will let the user determine if the patched app will be saved on the computer or have it copied in a folder in the phone. Saves a few steps. I'm not on my computer so I don't recall the tab name, Paths, Output or something like that.
    I didn't remember the tab name either. I figured it would be easiest to try and explain the default settings.

12-29-15 08:25 AM
    This patcher app is superb, and thanks. However, I'm very new with Blackberry OS 10.3, and sorry to be very dumb, but I cannot figure out how to download an apk from Google Play so that I can run it in the patcher. I THINK I should open Google Play on my Blackberry, find the app I want and do the next step, but NOT install. Instead, run patcher on my PC and look for the new file in the "download" folder on my blackberry?? Then move the patched apk file back (with "patcher" in the title) into the same "download" folder on the blackberry and install it?
    Thanks.
    12-29-15 04:49 PM
    This patcher app is superb, and thanks. However, I'm very new with Blackberry OS 10.3, and sorry to be very dumb, but I cannot figure out how to download an apk from Google Play so that I can run it in the patcher. I THINK I should open Google Play on my Blackberry, find the app I want and do the next step, but NOT install. Instead, run patcher on my PC and look for the new file in the "download" folder on my blackberry?? Then move the patched apk file back (with "patcher" in the title) into the same "download" folder on the blackberry and install it?
    Thanks.
    Looks correct, just make sure you using Cobalt's Play Store. Read the 3rd post above yours, there is a tab in Play Service Patcher that will have the option for PSP to copy the patched file directly to your phone, saving you a few steps. I think it is the third tab in from theleft.
    12-29-15 04:54 PM
    Also, I uninstalled Kindle, patched my existing APK for Kindle (which is NOT available in Blackberyy World or Amazon for my BB Classic - I had already) downloaded it from Snap, and re-installed, but it is not performing better than before. It still takes too long to start up (at least 30 seconds on the "kindle" splash page), and (as before) the setting to use the volume up+down buttons as page turners does not work. Oh well. (any suggestion?)
    At least Google Maps seems to run better.
    12-29-15 05:04 PM
    Smokeaire - in other words DON'T use the play store installed with Snap?
    How do I find Cobalt's Play Store?
    Apologies again - I'm aware everyone else already knows this stuff.
    Thanks.
    12-29-15 05:05 PM
    Smokeaire - in other words DON'T use the play store installed with Snap?
    How do I find Cobalt's Play Store?
    Apologies again - I'm aware everyone else already knows this stuff.
    Thanks.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344
    12-29-15 05:10 PM
    Conite - thanks. A few things:

1) OK - I installed Cobalt's playstore directly from Cobalt's link. I did NOT run Cobalt's playstore apk through the Patcher. Am I good?
    2) When I go to Cobalt's playstore and find an app and download it, it seems to rush all the way to Install and not stop at merely the download of an apk.
    3) Specifically, I first uninstalled Kindle from my BB Classic, went to Cobalt's playstore, searched for Kindle, downloaded it, and it automatically installed into my Blackberry Classic. So I then UNinstalled it. Then I found the related new Kindle apk in Y:\downloads, ran it through the Patcher on my PC with automatic copy back to Y:\downloads (with the word "patcher" in the title), and reinstalled it. It works, but I still have the issues of long-time splash screen and the Classic volume buttons NOT working as page-moving buttons. Oh well.
    4) FYI - I had already INSTALLED Google Account, Blackberry Google ID and Google Settings from Cobalt's first post. However, now, when I install a patched "patcher" apk, I just install it. I do NOT first OPEN the installed Google Account, Blackberry Google ID or Google Settings before installing the patched apk. Am I OK?
    5) In the patcher's tabs, the Download tab has "Download Package" at bottom. When I hit the button "Download", it gives me a message window that says "Please enter the name of the package that you want to download. You can find the package name on https://play.google.com. Format: com.example.package." However, I don't seem to find any such "com.**.package" files at that website.
    Do you think I've done anything wrong?
    Thanks for your patience!!!
    Last edited by glnz; 12-29-15 at 06:09 PM.
    12-29-15 05:58 PM
    First off, you don't patch any of Cobalt's apps.

Second, why would you try and patch Kindle? It does not require Google Play Services.

Third, once you initially install, run, and setup Cobalt's apps, you do not need to tap on them again, they work by virtue of being installed.
    12-29-15 09:22 PM
    Conite - thanks again. Learning BB - OS 10.3 for the first time. Any thoughts on my questions 2 and 5 above?
    12-29-15 09:26 PM
4,042 ... 9495969798 ...