The latest Snap version that works on BB doesn't save the APKs. Google play will. To double check that I just downloaded an app from Snap and the APK is nowhere to be found in my phone. I checked right after downloading, and then after installing. Nothing.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    So my experience with Snap is that most apk files are there, but a few are not. I thought it might be the install that perhaps deletes the apk?

Anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 02:43 PM
    So my experience with Snap is that most apk files are there, but a few are not. I thought it might be the install that perhaps deletes the apk?

Anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    Currently Snap 3 beta don't support saving apk http://redlightoflove.com/snap/beta/known-issues/

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-01-15 06:56 PM
    Anybody happen to get Happn working on 10.3.1? I had it working for a while but then it stopped showing me matches. It uses a proximity search with the GPS. I am on the latest Beta of Google Services and downloaded all the things I need from this page as well as the Gmap patcher which I used to patch it. I don't know why it stopped working... It's the most important Android app I have and it's the ONLY one that doesn't work for some reason... Dunno what to do or how to make it run properly. NOTE: The app itself runs and everything seems to work - it just doesn't show me any matches when before it used to show me about 50 a day!!! Thank you!
    05-08-15 06:01 PM
    Hi guys,

This isn't related, or maybe it could be a side effect, either way, some here are clued in enough to maybe know, or be able to help.

I've been trying out some exercise apps that access gps to track my movements, but they can no longer find the gps.

They used to work, and BlackBerry maps as well as Google maps both find the gps alright and track me well, or at least I think so.

The following apps do not find gps:
    Cascarun.
    Endomondo.
    Sportrate.
    Waze.

So far those are the ones I know about. Waze will use cell towers to locate me if it can't find gps, but the others not.
    Thinking about it I'm wondering if maybe maps might be using cell towers as well, although Google maps has the dot right on top of my house, and BlackBerry maps is pretty close as well.

I'm not 100% sure when these apps started to play up, but think is was around the time BlackBerry upgraded to 10.3.1 and I started to use Google Play Store.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.
    I have uninstalled and restarted then installed and no joy. I've checked settings and according to the settings gps should be working, yet they just sit there waiting for gps.
    This happens in and outdoors.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 on my ‎ BlackBerry Z10 ‎
    05-08-15 08:27 PM
    is the file safe? I just started using some android apps that needs to be patched to avoid the OpenStreet errors and downloaded the most recent patcher and Norton blocks the file and removes it.
    05-08-15 09:52 PM
    is the file safe? I just started using some android apps that needs to be patched to avoid the OpenStreet errors and downloaded the most recent patcher and Norton blocks the file and removes it.
    It's safe. Norton has a "feature" that block any file with "low reputation"

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-09-15 12:31 AM
    I patched Taxiforsure using GMaps. Also patched Google play services (com.google.android.gms.5.0.89-cobalt.apk). However, when I login, the map is empty. Its not loading properly. What else do I need to patch?
    Plus, anyone had any luck with Ola Cabs app yet?
    05-09-15 06:02 AM
    You need Google Maps (no patch) installed on your device

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-09-15 08:41 AM
    Anybody happen to get Happn working on 10.3.1? I had it working for a while but then it stopped showing me matches. It uses a proximity search with the GPS. I am on the latest Beta of Google Services and downloaded all the things I need from this page as well as the Gmap patcher which I used to patch it. I don't know why it stopped working... It's the most important Android app I have and it's the ONLY one that doesn't work for some reason... Dunno what to do or how to make it run properly. NOTE: The app itself runs and everything seems to work - it just doesn't show me any matches when before it used to show me about 50 a day!!! Thank you!
    Anybody? I don't know why it stopped finding people for a week already I tried reinstalling Google Services now but still didnt do anything..
    05-10-15 02:38 AM
    I have a question on updating patched apps. From what I understand, to update the apps we need to Uninstall and reinstall the new updated patched version.
    Is there an easier way?
    The reason I'm asking is, every time I update garmin connnect, I need to repair my garmin watch which is really annoying.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 11:39 PM
    I have a question on updating patched apps. From what I understand, to update the apps we need to Uninstall and reinstall the new updated patched version.
    Is there an easier way?
    The reason I'm asking is, every time I update garmin connnect, I need to repair my garmin watch which is really annoying.

Posted via CB10
    Get the new apk, patch it, then install as an update (no reinstall necessary)

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.500
    1oo1 likes this.
    05-12-15 12:24 AM
    Get the new apk, patch it, then install as an update (no reinstall necessary)

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.500
    Awesome

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 12:35 AM
    Simply amazing.
    GMAPs Patcher works fine with absolutely essential Android apps for Blackberry.
    One example: Easy Taxy, the best app in Chile for looking for a safe taxi.
    Now 100% working!!!
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
    05-12-15 03:46 PM
    does anyone have the patched version of the apk for snapchat? one that is working on on the latest OS for BB10?
    05-12-15 10:27 PM
    Latest realtor.com apk, 53, is first version since version 32 to work patched on my Z30 with OS 10.2.1xxxx

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 10:02 AM
    Hi guys n gals,
    This issue has resolved itself.

Google maps has updated itself and since it has, the gps issues I have had with other apps has been resolved.

Looks like to cause was Google maps.

I hope if anyone else has had this same issue that this has helped them too.

Posted via CB10 on my ‎ BlackBerry Z10 ‎
    05-13-15 10:51 PM
    Google play services

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 12:11 AM
    Heyy Guys ..Hello !!

Thanks for sharing this info.

Is the link that is provided for download of these patchers still available.?? I dont find it working.

It just gives me a blank screen.How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-capture.jpg
    05-21-15 01:34 PM
    Hi all,
    I tried the GMAPS PATCHER but appeared this message

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-capture.png

What I have to do now .... ;-)
    thx
    05-21-15 04:43 PM
    Hi all,
    I tried the GMAPS PATCHER but appeared this message

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2182 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	353892

What I have to do now .... ;-)
    thx
    It's one of two things: either Java is not installed on your system, or the pathway is not pointed in the correct location for where Java is installed. Once you fix that in the options menu like the pop up says the patcher will work.
    05-21-15 05:21 PM
    Does anyone have a patched bar file for the Sidecar app?
    05-25-15 11:05 PM
    Is there a link to get Google play services?

Posted via CB10
    Stevendon likes this.
    05-26-15 02:03 PM
    Sometime back in this thread, someone posted a question about the My Disney Experience app, but no one responded, so I'll ask again as it still seems to be an issue, at least for me.

I've patched several apps that uses Google Maps without any problems. But this app seems to be a problem, and I can't figure it out.

I have the brand new patched Google Play Services app posted yesterday, and I even tried updating Google Maps to the current 9.9 (although, I still prefer 6.14 and will go back to it). But for some reason, the map in the My Disney Experience app just will not show up. I get the little ghosted "Google" logo in the bottom corner, and the background changes to Gmap's very, very pale yellow, but nothing else shows up - it just stays blank.

Other patched apps that I have that use Google Maps work fine, like the Pizza Hut and Dunkin' Donuts apps.

But, the My Disney Experience app just won't show the map. I've even tried unchecking patching the maps portion, but it does no good. While patching, nothing strange happens - no errors or anything.

There is another older thread that discusses this app, but there's no mention of map issues. It was probably a much older version, or maybe even the Amazon version (or maybe it matched the Amazon version at the time) which will show the map properly, but has startup issues for me - erroring out, but at least continues to load after closing the error box. That startup error, and the fact that the Amazon version hasn't been updated in over a year is the reason I don't want the Amazon version.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to know.
    05-27-15 05:36 PM
    Is there a link to get Google play services?

Posted via CB10
    if you go "Cobalt's Google apps Landing page thread and go to the last page of the thread, maybe 2nd to last (like page 57 i think) Cobalt commented on a post with the most updated link to download Google Play services, then just click and drag to your phone (if using Windows)
    05-27-15 11:12 PM
    Any success with Ola cabs?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:24 AM
4,042 ... 7475767778 ...