Hi peeps,
    I've been having hassles with some updated apps that fail to load. Before an update they were fine, then after they open and close. Thankfully I've kept the apk files and reinstalled the working versions.

There's a lot of reading and with my head not working very well thanks to strong meds due to an injury at work, so sorry of I'm asking questions that have already been asked and answered.

Is there a patcher that will run on the phone? Or is the only option to do it on my computer?

I know I had other questions, but I forget them now, which according to my wife I do often lol

Just to make sure I get it right.
    I download the patcher and move the apk needing patching to my computer and run the patcher. Then in the output directory I move the apk back to the phone and run it installing the patched app.
    Have I missed anything?

Cheers

Posted via CB10 on my ‎ BlackBerry Z10 ‎
    04-07-15 01:59 AM
    This looks great, but I don't understand how to use it.

Do I download this on the my computer or Blackberry? I downloaded it on my computer, but when I go search for apk files (I guess those are apps) on my Blackberry, I am not sure how to do that...I have my Blackberry plugged into my computer, and I see it showing up, but don't see how to access the APK files on it?
    04-07-15 07:00 PM
    How do you use this patch program?

I have it downloaded to my computer. Now what? I presume browse for the APK file I want to change/patch? But browse where? The apk files are on my Blackberry. How do I browse the programs/apps on my Blackberry from my computer?

I guess once I figure that out, I can then click on it and then somehow it populates in the next box below and I can drag and drop it into the patch box and click "analyze apk files" and that will patch the file. Does that mean it will be patched on my Blackberry or my computer?

How do I upload the patched file back to my device?

But how do I do that?
    04-08-15 02:06 PM
    How do I patch my Android app?
    Download and install GMaps Patcher and then run it.
    Download where? On my computer or Blackberry?

Select the desired Android app (apk file) and press the Analyze button.
    How do I select these files if they are on my Blackberry?

The patcher will do it's magic and create a patched version in the \output folder. Copy the patched apk file to your

Blackberry device and then install it as usual.
    Some apps may require that you install Google Play Services (com.google.android.apk). You will also find this file in the \output folder.
    Where is that folder and how do I do specifically do this?
    Stevendon likes this.
    04-08-15 03:07 PM
    Download where? On my computer or Blackberry?

How do I select these files if they are on my Blackberry?

Where is that folder and how do I do specifically do this?
    Download GMaps patcher on your computer.

Navigate to where you download and store apk files, and not the android app itself. You need the apk files, either from the Play Store, Snap, or another source.

The output folder is on the desktop. Click and drag the file to a spot on your phone like you would any other file transfer. Then open that file on your phone and the install screen will start.

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    04-08-15 03:30 PM
    today i did this process with the latest version of snapchat and it all worked fine until i went to sign in.
    when i tried to sign in, i got an error message, "Oh no! Your login temporarily failed, so please try again later. if your login continues to fail, please visit (link to snapchat support) "

is there a way to fix this?
    04-08-15 05:19 PM
    I followed all of cobalts instructions to have google app store etc on my passport. Worked a treat, very happy with it working. Only thing is when I try to open you tube, google maps, it says I need google play services, but when I go to install it, it won't let me. Not sure what to do???

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 05:34 PM
    YouTube requires custom patching beyond the limits of this tool and won't let you login even after patching anyhow. There is a custom patched version from cobalt in his Google apps landing page thread I believe. As for maps, the best bet is to go into cobalts Google id app, then go to android settings --> applications --> maps and disable notifications.
    britenn likes this.
    04-08-15 10:11 PM
    today i did this process with the latest version of snapchat and it all worked fine until i went to sign in.
    when i tried to sign in, i got an error message, "Oh no! Your login temporarily failed, so please try again later. if your login continues to fail, please visit (link to snapchat support) "

is there a way to fix this?
    Sorry no patching solution to this. But I believe there is a workaround that is posted somewhere in these forums
    04-08-15 10:12 PM
    Hi peeps,
    I've been having hassles with some updated apps that fail to load. Before an update they were fine, then after they open and close. Thankfully I've kept the apk files and reinstalled the working versions.

There's a lot of reading and with my head not working very well thanks to strong meds due to an injury at work, so sorry of I'm asking questions that have already been asked and answered.

Is there a patcher that will run on the phone? Or is the only option to do it on my computer?

I know I had other questions, but I forget them now, which according to my wife I do often lol

Just to make sure I get it right.
    I download the patcher and move the apk needing patching to my computer and run the patcher. Then in the output directory I move the apk back to the phone and run it installing the patched app.
    Have I missed anything?

Cheers

Yes, there is a patcher you can use on your phone. Check out cobalts thread which is titled similar to this but says "using lucky patcher".

And it seems like you have the process down pat
    Stevendon likes this.
    04-08-15 10:14 PM
    I tried but the program said there isn't anything to patch.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Looks like it's an issue with your environment. Either the java path not being detected/set properly or one of your environment variables in windows. Sometimes the patcher says nothing to patch, when it's a totally different issue. In any case, here's a link to the patched apk. https://app.box.com/s/huhhkkrn54ycu6z1qfh5fb1bfjo9gxai

Also, this apk could be patched using lucky patcher if you can't resolve the issue you're having with the windows patcher.
    04-08-15 11:14 PM
    Thanks Sally, you're a gem.

Having two ways of doing the job; either on a pc or on the mobile, which would you prefer?
    And is there any benefit over either?
    Are both reliable?

Cheers

04-08-15 11:35 PM
    Thanks Sally, you're a gem.

Having two ways of doing the job; either on a pc or on the mobile, which would you prefer?
    And is there any benefit over either?
    Are both reliable?

Cheers

My personal preference is the GMaps patcher. While I have used both, and while being able to patch on the fly from the device with Lucky Patcher is nice, I have found that the GMaps tool seems to be the more powerful tool of the two, capable of doing a little bit more and making it worth the slightly additional effort to patch on a computer rather than the device itself.
    04-09-15 09:28 AM
    Cheers

04-09-15 09:59 AM
    Download GMaps patcher on your computer.
    Done.
    Navigate to where you download and store apk files, and not the android app itself. You need the apk files, either from the Play Store, Snap, or another source.
    This is where I have a problem. I can't find the APK files...I presume you're talking about the APK files on my Blackberry, which i should be able to see and navigate to when I have my Blackberry plugged into my computer via USB?
    The output folder is on the desktop. Click and drag the file to a spot on your phone like you would any other file transfer. Then open that file on your phone and the install screen will start.
    I presume if I could do the 2nd step above, that will be be able to do this...
    04-09-15 10:06 AM
    Done.

This is where I have a problem. I can't find the APK files...I presume you're talking about the APK files on my Blackberry, which i should be able to see and navigate to when I have my Blackberry plugged into my computer via USB?

So my next question is this: have you actually downloaded any android apps yet? If so, from what source?
    04-09-15 10:11 AM
    Done.

If you used Google Play Store to get your apps then look in your phones download folder, not the external sdk card. If you used Snap there won't be any apks because the latest Snap doesn't save the apks.
    I'm going to assume Amazon saves in the download folder, maybe not.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    04-09-15 11:42 AM
    If you used Google Play Store to get your apps then look in your phones download folder, not the external sdk card. If you used Snap there won't be any apks because the latest Snap doesn't save the apks.
    I'm going to assume Amazon saves in the download folder, maybe not.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    Amazon does not save the downloaded apk either.

I have used APK Backup,which pulls the apk out and saves it to a location of your choosing, but this didn't work for all apps. I.E., when trying to patch a backed up Netflix, the Gmaps patcher says something about the app icon something-or-other is missing. But, some other apps that were backed up can still be patched, as long as I delete the original app first before re-installing the patched one.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:53 AM
    Amazon does not save the downloaded apk either.

I have used APK Backup,which pulls the apk out and saves it to a location of your choosing, but this didn't work for all apps. I.E., when trying to patch a backed up Netflix, the Gmaps patcher says something about the app icon something-or-other is missing. But, some other apps that were backed up can still be patched, as long as I delete the original app first before re-installing the patched one.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't sure about Amazon as I haven't had to patch anything from there.
    04-09-15 01:15 PM
    I downloaded the Gmaps Patcher to my laptop. Was I supposed to download it to my Blackberry? It's an .exe file -- I don't know how to do open and launch an .exe file on a Blackberry. Similarly, I don't k now how to transfer an APK file from my Blackberry to my laptop?
    04-09-15 02:44 PM
    I downloaded the Gmaps Patcher to my laptop. Was I supposed to download it to my Blackberry? It's an .exe file -- I don't know how to do open and launch an .exe file on a Blackberry. Similarly, I don't k now how to transfer an APK file from my Blackberry to my laptop?
    Where are you downloading your android apps from? Once you answer that we'll have a better idea how to help you.
    04-09-15 02:52 PM
    I wasn't sure about Amazon as I haven't had to patch anything from there.
    True. You don't need to.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 03:58 PM
    Gmaps Patcher is for your laptop/computer, not Blackberry.
    04-09-15 04:43 PM
    Ok, coming from an Android device I managed to install the one and only necessary android app I have - gmail. It is working so far (after several errors). The only thing missing now is gmail notifications in the hub? I am running 10.3.1.1779 but I can�t see any gmail notifications - nowhere and sepcially not in the hub. If I want to add an email account there it shows third party accounts - Gmail. But pressing on that resorts to gmail opening and asking for a new email account - adding one won�t help.
    Is that intended to be that way - so there is no way to add notifications (btw. the default imap gmail accounts bb offers are terrible).
    04-10-15 01:55 AM
    Is that intended to be that way
    No, unfortunately it's how the push-service is implemented on the Android side and it's "incompatibility" on a Blackberry. I was trying to get Gmail set up at first (came from Android), but I suggest just going all in with the hub. You'll need to tweak settings if you want messages to delete/archive on the Android side and sync with the hub, but after that it's great. Still haven't mastered the hub, but you'll like it.
    04-10-15 02:24 AM
4,042 ... 7172737475 ...