How can u make an app, like flashscore, to show notification in the hub, the app requires google play services
    10-31-14 12:48 PM
    Hi I'm a new blackberry user.
    I got the passport.
    But I can't get some apps to work like trip adviser, Instagram, quiz up.
    I seen you all talking about work arrounds lol.
    But if someone can reply with a walk through or a link for how to fix it I'd be grateful.
    I'm just getting confused looking at all the different post's
    Many thanks

Posted via CB10
    SaraVibes likes this.
    10-31-14 01:53 PM
    I got the passport.
    But if someone can reply with a walk through or a link for how to fix it I'd be grateful.
    Many thanks

Posted via CB10

Quite simple:

1. Download the patcher from post 1 of this thread
    2. Patch the apk file (ie. tripadvisor.apk)
    3. Copy the patched file to device using blackberry link and install
    4. Install Google Play services from this page:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

That's it.
    FlagshipFighter and SaraVibes like this.
    10-31-14 02:12 PM
    I got the passport.
    Many thanks

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, some apps (Quiz Up) will not work no matter what you try. However this tool will help get the majority of apps you will want to use working well. Lucky for us there are users like Cobalt232, Sally Mack and many many more here that can help you if you try this yourself and get stuck along the way.

Welcome to BlackBerry and happy patching!
    11-03-14 05:27 PM
    I keep getting an error when i try to analyze an apk it says "Java.exe not found please configure the Java path in the options menu" what do I do?
    11-04-14 01:34 PM
    I keep getting an error when i try to analyze an apk it says "Java.exe not found please configure the Java path in the options menu" what do I do?
    I'm guessing that means you either have the wrong version of Java installed or you have the GMaps patcher looking for it in the incorrect location in the options tab. Make sure that you have the patcher set in the correct location for your Java install.
    11-04-14 04:31 PM
    Not sure if anybody is having the same problem as me, but are any of you having problems downloading apks from barinstall.com? I'm trying to download an updated apk for a paid app I have purchased so I can patch it but I keep getting the "code 9" error saying that it can't connect to the play store. It's never given me a problem before now, last update to this apk was back in August.
    11-04-14 11:17 PM
    Yup, me too. I'll send a quick note to the dev about this (usually his server just needs a restart).
    jzajac likes this.
    11-04-14 11:25 PM
    Yup, me too. I'll send a quick note to the dev about this (usually his server just needs a restart).
    I knew I could count on Sally Mack for that answer. Glad to hear I'm not the only one, thanks for passing the word along.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 11:37 PM
    Got the java issue fixed but the apps I want to use still arent working (tinder, wing ma'am) Tinder just says it cant work without google play services which is not supported by my device. Wing ma'am just shuts down when I go to sign in or says invalid credentials when I know for a fact its not because I signed in on another device and it worked fine.
    11-05-14 10:24 AM
    Got the java issue fixed but the apps I want to use still arent working (tinder, wing ma'am) Tinder just says it cant work without google play services which is not supported by my device. Wing ma'am just shuts down when I go to sign in or says invalid credentials when I know for a fact its not because I signed in on another device and it worked fine.
    Were both of these apps were run through the gmaps patcher successfully? And then you installed both the newly patched apk files on your device and also the google services apk that Cobalt has patched and included in the gmaps output folder?
    11-05-14 11:47 AM
    I'm still seeing the "code 9" error on barinstall.com. I was hoping to patch some apps during my lunch break today, but it looks like I need to keep on waiting until at least after work tonight.

Forgive my ignorance, but I believe I read somewhere a long time ago that Cobalt also had a method for grabbing apk files. Is that what later developed into the google play store downloader? And if not, was that one able to grap purchased apk files? I thought I read it in this thread somewhere but searching seems to not turn anything up.
    11-05-14 11:54 AM
    yes run through successfully and installed new. Yes got the services apk installed too.
    11-05-14 12:26 PM
    I'm still seeing the "code 9" error on barinstall.com. I was hoping to patch some apps during my lunch break today, but it looks like I need to keep on waiting until at least after work tonight.

Forgive my ignorance, but I believe I read somewhere a long time ago that Cobalt also had a method for grabbing apk files. Is that what later developed into the google play store downloader? And if not, was that one able to grap purchased apk files? I thought I read it in this thread somewhere but searching seems to not turn anything up.
    Yup, cobalt has an on-device play store downloader. It doesn't work with paid apps if memory serves me correctly. You can check his "cobalt's official Google apps landing page" thread for the respective downloads.

As for barinstall, the dev tells me it's not his server, but possible that Google changed their protocol . If it's a drastic change, I don't see the dev supporting barinstall any further. We're still working through alternatives.
    SaraVibes likes this.
    11-05-14 01:31 PM
    Yup, cobalt has an on-device play store downloader. It doesn't work with paid apps if memory serves me correctly. You can check his "cobalt's official Google apps landing page" thread for the respective downloads.

As for barinstall, the dev tells me it's not his server, but possible that Google changed their protocol . If it's a drastic change, I don't see the dev supporting barinstall any further. We're still working through alternatives.
    I did look through the Google landing page and found the play downloader which only works with free apks. If the method from barinstall no longer works that will be a major loss of a great resource. I would be very disappointed to lose that function, so hopefully something can be worked out.

Thanks for the update.
    11-05-14 01:45 PM
    I understand that "Google Play Services" can't work together with "Login Service", the new gmail app, and the Inbox app, both require the play services, and login, so there's no way to make it work?
    11-05-14 03:48 PM
    I understand that "Google Play Services" can't work together with "Login Service", the new gmail app, and the Inbox app, both require the play services, and login, so there's no way to make it work?
    You mean this?

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20141106_005154.pngHow to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20141106_005203.pngHow to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20141106_005452.pngHow to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20141106_005505.png
    11-05-14 05:57 PM
    I've got inbox working, however I do get some crashes with it.
    11-05-14 07:32 PM
    It's working great with Citymapper on Z10. Thanks!

Anybody use the patched 6.1 google services?
    11-06-14 04:54 AM
    How did you make both work?

I have installed play services and login service, Inbox works, but gmail keeps popping up that google play is not supported by the device..

At some times the popup goes away, but even then it keeps saying "getting your messages", when I go to setting it says "waiting for sync"

[I have the latest 10.3.1 leak installed]
    11-06-14 04:33 PM
    How did you make both work?

I have installed play services and login service, Inbox works, but gmail keeps popping up that google play is not supported by the device..

At some times the popup goes away, but even then it keeps saying "getting your messages", when I go to setting it says "waiting for sync"

[I have the latest 10.3.1 leak installed]
    Google Mail and Google Drive must be patched in order to work. Here they are:

Download Google Mail 5.0
    Downlaod Google Drive 2.1

Keep in mind that notification of incoming emails doesn't work. This is because BB OS blocks the c2dm receiver.
    11-06-14 05:20 PM
    Thanks for fast reply, and for pre-patching the files for me.. I can't install lucky patch, since I tried once the new version...
    11-06-14 05:24 PM
    Thanks for fast reply, and for pre-patching the files for me.. I can't install lucky patch, since I tried once the new version...
    You are welcome. Just do an update of your device once in a time with an autoloader, you will then be able to install lucky patcher.

And don't forget to install the Google Services Framework. It contains the SubscribedFeeds Sync adapter. Without that, Google Drive will not work.

Download Google Services Framework v3 patched
    11-06-14 05:36 PM
    I've installed every patched file here that I know of, including Google Services Framework v3, have rebooted, and cannot get Google Inbox to work. It just keeps saying that "Google Play service.....is not supported by your device."

I've tried patching Google Inbox with GMaps patcher, and it gives the error message, "AndroidManifest.xml not found. Decompilation of package com.google.android.apps.inbox-5608659 failed, aborting." And Lucky Patcher says "nothing to patch".
    11-07-14 09:53 PM
    I've installed every patched file here that I know of, including Google Services Framework v3, have rebooted, and cannot get Google Inbox to work. It just keeps saying that "Google Play service.....is not supported by your device."

I've tried patching Google Inbox with GMaps patcher, and it gives the error message, "AndroidManifest.xml not found. Decompilation of package com.google.android.apps.inbox-5608659 failed, aborting." And Lucky Patcher says "nothing to patch".
    That's interesting because it worked for me with no issues. All I installed was Google play services (the stable one), Google login, and of course lucky patcher. Got the apk via snap, deleted the original app, then patched the app and installed it. Signed into Google account via blackberry settings, and works fine. Even if lucky patcher says nothing to patch I would try and patch it anyway. See what happens.
    11-07-14 10:16 PM
4,042 ... 5758596061 ...