It removes that message, but not from Google Maps app, as this package can not be recompiled without errors. It works with any other app though.

If you want to get rid of the "Google Play services are not installed" message in Google Maps app you should follow the steps described in this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post10175045

Thanks very much for your help!!
    09-10-14 11:30 AM
    No, the patcher doesn't touch any licensing stuff. It just adds support for Google Play services (not Google Play store) and fixes some compatibility stuff with some apps that build on Google Play services.
    Could patch this one?:

https://app.box.com/s/k8zqztcb2l0gbw1w6aoo

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1130
    09-10-14 12:34 PM
    Huh, now I see your problem, I did not realize what is happening. The Google Play app should not be mirrored. On my device (10.3.0.1154) the link of the app is pushed to APK Downloader and then I can press "GET" to download the file.

And this is how it should look like:

Attachment 296957
    i'm also running 10.3.0.1154 and i'm having the same issue as @ teostar. instead of the package name getting pushed to the Apk downloader when i share it with it, rather, it mirrors the Play store. the only workaround i found is to share it to my email without actually sending the email, then copy the package name, and then manually paste it into Apk downloader and download the app. But of course this is a hassle.
    09-10-14 12:40 PM
    Hi everyone. I'm trying to get the latest Tinder working, apparently it now requires Google Play Services. I've downloaded Cobalt's patched 5.0.89 apk file and installed it, as well as GMaps-patched Tinder .762 version downloaded via Snap. It just seems to hang at "Finding people near me" - has anyone else had the same experience?
    Last edited by silentfury; 09-10-14 at 09:47 PM.
    09-10-14 09:23 PM
    Hi everyone. I'm trying to get the latest Tinder working, apparently it now requires Google Play Services. I've downloaded Cobalt's patched 5.0.89 apk file and installed it, as well as GMaps-patched Tinder .762 version downloaded via Snap. It just seems to hang at "Finding people near me" - has anyone else had the same experience?
    It could be that the app is using network location rather than GPS location. Network location often fails on android apps as the runtime on our devices doesn't pass a certain signature check. I would suggest trying it in a more "GPS friendly" location (like outside) to test if it works when getting a pure GPS fix.
    09-10-14 11:32 PM
    Sal, it's time to move on to 10.3 :-)
    Just upgraded to 10.3 and tried again... and it crashed!

Then I updated the settings with my login credentials and gsf id and it started working. The app states that if you have Google play services installed it should take the info from there but perhaps it's not reading the info correctly. So this may in fact work on 10.2.1 as well if one enters their login credentials.
    09-12-14 03:58 PM
    Good to hear that it works now. GSF ID can in no case be read from the phone, as the gsf stub stat provides the info is not available. So it must always be entered manually. But it should work without login credentials.
    09-12-14 04:27 PM
    Good to hear that it works now. GSF ID can in no case be read from the phone, as the gsf stub stat provides the info is not available. So it must always be entered manually. But it should work without login credentials.
    Yeah. It supports OAuth for authentication, so you don't have to use your login credentials. Just leave the the login field empty.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    09-12-14 04:48 PM
    Yeah. It supports OAuth for authentication, so you don't have to use your login credentials. Just leave the the login field empty.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    Doesn't work on 10.2.2 either way.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 06:25 PM
    Hi Cobalt,

I've run into another odd scenario. I patch google play games to avoid crashes in certain games that have dependencies for that app. The most recent version gives me the following error (even if i choose not to decompile resources):

Processing D:\Downloads\GMaps_Patcher_Win_1.0.1\GooglePlayGam es-20110036.1.apk
    [Decompiling Smali code only]
    Decompiled 3.04 MB in 2.02 seconds
    Error: AndroidManifest.xml not found. Decompilation of package GooglePlayGames-20110036.1 failed, aborting.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.

Of course there's an androidManifest.xml file in the apk - not sure why it's reporting that. Here's a link to the file if you'd like to take a deeper look.

https://app.box.com/s/cnr5oiqiy18telkicply

Thanks,

Sal
    09-12-14 07:19 PM
    Hi Cobalt,

I've run into another odd scenario. I patch google play games to avoid crashes in certain games that have dependencies for that app. The most recent version gives me the following error (even if i choose not to decompile resources):

Processing D:\Downloads\GMaps_Patcher_Win_1.0.1\GooglePlayGam es-20110036.1.apk
    [Decompiling Smali code only]
    Decompiled 3.04 MB in 2.02 seconds
    Error: AndroidManifest.xml not found. Decompilation of package GooglePlayGames-20110036.1 failed, aborting.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.

Of course there's an androidManifest.xml file in the apk - not sure why it's reporting that. Here's a link to the file if you'd like to take a deeper look.

https://app.box.com/s/cnr5oiqiy18telkicply

Thanks,

Sal
    Sal, it looks like APKTool cannot handle this package. The error message indicates, that AndroidManifest was not copied into the decompiled app folder.

I'll try to fix that using the alternative built in decompiling logic (which is also used for com.google.android.gms)
    09-13-14 04:11 AM
    Thanks for the post. I am months late but thank you OP

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 06:50 PM
    Sal, here is a patched version

GooglePlayGames

There is an error message showing up when started, so it may not work correctly, but at least it starts up. I couldn't figure out what causes the message. Maybe some login stuff.
    Sally Mack likes this.
    09-14-14 08:52 AM
    Sal, here is a patched version

GooglePlayGames

There is an error message showing up when started, so it may not work correctly, but at least it starts up. I couldn't figure out what causes the message. Maybe some login stuff.
    Thanks a bunch cobalt! The errors have always been there but at least this helps avoid crashes in some games .
    09-14-14 11:34 AM
    Just wanted to share that Plane Finder works after patching
    09-14-14 12:23 PM
    Just wanted to share that Plane Finder works after patching
    Nice!
    09-14-14 12:43 PM
    I just have learned that I'm not the most talented Android developer on this planet

But anyways, here some development results from the last weekend:

Play Store Downloader
    Google Play Store

The apps are both patched, so that a download can be initiated from Google Play store. So this means YES, the install button works now. If you activate autoinstall option in Play Store Downloader, you can install the app right from Google Play services. To run this, you must have Google Login services installed.

When running Google Play Store for the first time, it may crash multiple times, as it tries to initialize stuff the runtime has no access to. Just reload it until its running, after that it will be fine.

Tested on 10.3.0.1154, results on other OS versions may vary.

Changes to the code:
    - Patched Google Play services to call Play Store Downloader with a launch intent (and all the other patches required to make it work)
    - Patched Play Store Downloader (new Theme, new option "auto download" if invoked from Play store, ability to clear download cache, some internal stuff)

Hope you like it

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140915_220206.png
    09-15-14 03:04 PM
    Well thanks for the effort, great work!
    Unfortunately not for 10.2.2...
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140915_151359.png

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 03:21 PM
    Well thanks for the effort, great work!
    Unfortunately not for 10.2.2...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140915_151359.png 
Views:	2489 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	298072

Posted via CB10
    If you update the GSF ID in play store downloader with the one generated from snap, it'll work.
    09-15-14 04:48 PM
    I just have learned that I'm not the most talented Android developer on this planet

But anyways, here some development results from the last weekend:

Play Store Downloader
    Google Play Store

The apps are both patched, so that a download can be initiated from Google Play store. So this means YES, the install button works now. If you activate autoinstall option in Play Store Downloader, you can install the app right from Google Play services. To run this, you must have Google Login services installed.

When running Google Play Store for the first time, it may crash multiple times, as it tries to initialize stuff the runtime has no access to. Just reload it until its running, after that it will be fine.

Tested on 10.3.0.1154, results on other OS versions may vary.

Changes to the code:
    - Patched Google Play services to call Play Store Downloader with a launch intent (and all the other patches required to make it work)
    - Patched Play Store Downloader (new Theme, new option "auto download" if invoked from Play store, ability to clear download cache, some internal stuff)

Hope you like it
    Brilliant... I was hoping you'd find a way to simplify this a bit for the end user. I think once this gets tested a bit more and hashed out, all of the apks could be released as a single package to the forums as a single "install these for google play store" pack.

The GSF id entered in the app by default causes that 403 error - not sure if there's an elegant solution around that. Also, it'd be nice to be able to define the download directory in play store downloader (unless I'm missing something). Beggars can't be choosers though .

Now just to get the app to prompt lucky patcher to see if patching is required
    09-15-14 04:53 PM
    If you update the GSF ID in play store downloader with the one generated from snap, it'll work.
    I did that before as well and that causes the downloader to crash.

Attachment 298088

It's just not gonna work on 10.2, or my Z10 is just the exception, because none of those apk downloaders worked for me.
    The Play Store app works just fine otherwise, but no downloading apps whatsoever for me, except with Snap.
    Last edited by ralfyguy; 09-15-14 at 05:19 PM.
    09-15-14 05:08 PM
    Brilliant... I was hoping you'd find a way to simplify this a bit for the end user. I think once this gets tested a bit more and hashed out, all of the apks could be released as a single package to the forums as a single "install these for google play store" pack.

The GSF id entered in the app by default causes that 403 error - not sure if there's an elegant solution around that. Also, it'd be nice to be able to define the download directory in play store downloader (unless I'm missing something). Beggars can't be choosers though .

Now just to get the app to prompt lucky patcher to see if patching is required
    If I only knew how to calculate the gsf id. James solved the mistery, but I don't believe he's going to share that.
    09-15-14 05:51 PM
    If I only knew how to calculate the gsf id. James solved the mistery, but I don't believe he's going to share that.
    Gr8 work so far cobalt232. As sal said I would love the ability to choose the dload directory, also some type of progress bar apart from the "downloading xxxx" pop up. I actually triggered the download 3 times before realizing that the app was downloading.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:23 PM
    Gr8 work so far cobalt232. As sal said I would love the ability to choose the dload directory, also some type of progress bar apart from the "downloading xxxx" pop up. I actually triggered the download 3 times before realizing that the app was downloading.

Posted via CB10
    What OS are you on?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 09:08 PM
    What OS are you on?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 09:47 PM
4,042 ... 4849505152 ...