Restart your phone and the icon should appear.
    Ouch - how silly was I
    Thanks - works perfect!
    09-09-14 03:41 AM
    Haven't been following this thread for a long time, thanks for your work Cobalt! Is there any progress with Google+? I was pretty impressed that you got the Play Store working (at least for browsing), so I had a spark of hope

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 05:00 AM
    Haven't been following this thread for a long time, thanks for your work Cobalt! Is there any progress with Google+? I was pretty impressed that you got the Play Store working (at least for browsing), so I had a spark of hope

Posted via CB10
    Hey, long time no see. Unfortunately, there is no progress with Google+. The OAuth2 authorisation can not be used with patched apks, therefore it will be hard to achieve this.

To download APK's with the patched Google vending app I found a workaround how to do that.

You'll need the following components:

1. Google Login services
    2. Google vending (patched beta2)
    3. APK-Downloader EXTENSION (which is NOT the same downloader as posted in an other tread.
    Get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....apkdownloader

Then to download from Google vending:

1. Open Google vending, find the file you want and click on it
    2. When the details of the app appear, press the share button at the top right
    3. Choose APK downloader, press get and wait until it downloaded
    jzajac and Ruslan Botsyurko like this.
    09-09-14 07:30 AM
    That's clever, so you basically share the link from Google Play. I also wonder if it's possible to get the Android push notifications work. Android runtime is running constantly on the background and some apps like soundcloud are able to push notifications about new uploads, but on the other hand Instagram notifications never worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 08:37 AM
    To download APK's with the patched Google vending app I found a workaround how to do that.

1. Google Login services
    3. APK-Downloader EXTENSION (which is NOT the same downloader as posted in an other tread.

I gave this a shot using 10.2.1 but got some google play services errors, then a crash. Anyone else on 10.2.1 try it out?
    09-09-14 08:43 AM
    That's clever, so you basically share the link from Google Play. I also wonder if it's possible to get the Android push notifications work. Android runtime is running constantly on the background and some apps like soundcloud are able to push notifications about new uploads, but on the other hand Instagram notifications never worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Certain apps notifications work, but most of the newer ones don't, even with the app running -- it depends what method they're using I believe.
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    09-09-14 08:47 AM
    I gave this a shot using 10.2.1 but got some google play services errors, then a crash. Anyone else on 10.2.1 try it out?
    Same here. Just didn't get the play services error.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 08:58 AM
    Sal, it's time to move on to 10.3 :-)
    Sally Mack and jzajac like this.
    09-09-14 09:35 AM
    Sal, it's time to move on to 10.3 :-)
    Hi Cobalt, I gave a serious thought about moving to 10.3 but was just concerned about annoying/irritating isssue which come with leaks, r u fully satisfied with 10.3, no issues?

http://naumankhan.blogspot.com
    09-09-14 12:05 PM
    Hi Cobalt, I gave a serious thought about moving to 10.3 but was just concerned about annoying/irritating isssue which come with leaks, r u fully satisfied with 10.3, no issues?

http://naumankhan.blogspot.com
    For my Z10 I have noticed that the android runtime seems to load things faster since I upgraded to 10.3.0.1154. The only thing giving me any real issues has been I can't use instagram to upload videos anymore. I did have to downgrade that app to version 6.2.2 to avoid a crashing issue but other than that I feel like I have seen nothing but improvements. Knowing that the little bugs I have now will probably be fixed when I see 10.3.1 become official and eventually released for my device I felt it's worth going without uploading an instagram video for only 8 weeks or so. I would recommend the upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 12:17 PM
    Hey, long time no see. Unfortunately, there is no progress with Google+. The OAuth2 authorisation can not be used with patched apks, therefore it will be hard to achieve this.

1. Google Login services

Tried this but all that happens is the "apk downloader" app essentially mirrors the play store app. Tapping "install" does nothing just as before.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140909_132855.png

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 01:29 PM
    Tried this but all that happens is the "apk downloader" app essentially mirrors the play store app. Tapping "install" does nothing just as before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140909_132855.png 
Views:	3445 
Size:	232.7 KB 
ID:	296757

Posted via CB10
    Well, I did not say to press the install button (it's deactivated). Press the SHARE button and then select APK Downloader.
    09-09-14 01:55 PM

urShadow's Blog
    I use it as my daily driver, and 10.3.0.1154 works just great on my Q10 (company E-Mail, Calendar etc.)
    09-09-14 01:56 PM
    Well, I did not say to press the install button (it's deactivated). Press the SHARE button and then select APK Downloader.
    That's what I did.
    In play store, tap "share " and chose apk downloader.
    Then apk downloader opens showing exactly what was in play store. (why I said it mirrors play store).

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 02:28 PM
    That's what I did.
    In play store, tap "share " and chose apk downloader.
    Then apk downloader opens showing exactly what was in play store. (why I said it mirrors play store).

Posted via CB10
    Ah, this was a misunderstanding from my side, sorry. So if you tap the Get button, you can download the file, right?
    09-09-14 02:43 PM
    For my Z10 I have noticed that the android runtime seems to load things faster since I upgraded to 10.3.0.1154. The only thing giving me any real issues has been I can't use instagram to upload videos anymore. I did have to downgrade that app to version 6.2.2 to avoid a crashing issue but other than that I feel like I have seen nothing but improvements. Knowing that the little bugs I have now will probably be fixed when I see 10.3.1 become official and eventually released for my device I felt it's worth going without uploading an instagram video for only 8 weeks or so. I would recommend the upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    I use it as my daily driver, and 10.3.0.1154 works just great on my Q10 (company E-Mail, Calendar etc.)
    Thanks! Working on it right away
    09-09-14 10:14 PM
    Hi, thanks for your work, i've tried to patch gmaps but whenever I try to start the application I received the message that both Gmaps and Google play services stopped and app closes. Z10 with 10.3.0.1154
    09-10-14 07:56 AM
    Hi, thanks for your work, i've tried to patch gmaps but whenever I try to start the application I received the message that both Gmaps and Google play services stopped and app closes. Z10 with 10.3.0.1154
    Well, the funny thing about the GMaps Patcher is, that does NOT patch the Google Maps app. Google Maps app run out of the box and must not be patched.

The patcher is used to patch apps that depend on the Google Maps part that is integrated in Google Play services. Example apps that use this feature are Strava running, Lyft, Adidas Micoach or similar apps. These apps try to display Maps content and fail without patching.
    09-10-14 08:36 AM
    So I completely misunderstood what this app was made for.... I thought it was able to remove gplay services dependences that appear when i open gmaps saying that "Google Play services are not installed"
    09-10-14 09:00 AM
    Is there's a way to do in-app purchases with this method?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1130
    09-10-14 10:41 AM
    So I completely misunderstood what this app was made for.... I thought it was able to remove gplay services dependences that appear when i open gmaps saying that "Google Play services are not installed"
    It removes that message, but not from Google Maps app, as this package can not be recompiled without errors. It works with any other app though.

If you want to get rid of the "Google Play services are not installed" message in Google Maps app you should follow the steps described in this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post10175045
    Reggie Abraham and horowitz like this.
    09-10-14 11:09 AM
    Is there's a way to do in-app purchases with this method?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1130
    Sorry, no.
    09-10-14 11:10 AM
    Sorry, no.
    If you patch the app to Google and then install it, neither?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1130
    09-10-14 11:13 AM
    If you patch the app to Google and then install it, neither?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1130
    No, the patcher doesn't touch any licensing stuff. It just adds support for Google Play services (not Google Play store) and fixes some compatibility stuff with some apps that build on Google Play services.
    09-10-14 11:18 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140909_132855.png 
Views:	3445 
Size:	232.7 KB 
ID:	296757

Posted via CB10
    Huh, now I see your problem, I did not realize what is happening. The Google Play app should not be mirrored. On my device (10.3.0.1154) the link of the app is pushed to APK Downloader and then I can press "GET" to download the file.

And this is how it should look like:

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140910_182114.png
    09-10-14 11:23 AM
4,042 ... 4748495051 ...