Beta 2. Do NOT try to download an apk. It may cause weird behaviour. You have been warned.

cobalt.com.android.vending-4.8.20-beta2.apk

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140826_013135.png
    dustmalik, Furell, teostar and 1 others like this.
    08-25-14 06:32 PM
    Beta 2. Do NOT try to download an apk. It may cause weird behaviour. You have been warned.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140826_013135.png 
Views:	2337 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	293555
    So what's new/improved over the last version?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 06:41 PM
    So what's new/improved over the last version?

Posted via CB10
    You should now be able to browse all apps. Results may vary as it uses a hardcoded gsf key.
    08-25-14 06:45 PM
    Need help. I'm trying to follow the instructions to use with Strava and but just get this please wait and then it says you've patched it and I get the same response as before when I try to open it "google play services is not supported...."
    08-25-14 06:59 PM
    Need help. I'm trying to follow the instructions to use with Strava and but just get this please wait and then it says you've patched it and I get the same response as before when I try to open it "google play services is not supported...."
    Did you install Google Play services?
    08-25-14 07:03 PM

Excellent! Thank you! It works way better than the first release.
    One question : What is the difference between Installed Apps and All Apps? Should those not be the same? Under the Installed Tab there is a few missing that are actually installed, but show under All Apps. Does that have to do with that gsf thing you mentioned?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:25 PM
    08-25-14 07:40 PM
    Excellent! Thank you! It works way better than the first release.
    One question : What is the difference between Installed Apps and All Apps? Should those not be the same? Under the Installed Tab there is a few missing that are actually installed, but show under All Apps. Does that have to do with that gsf thing you mentioned?

Posted via CB10
    Installed apps are apps currently installed in the device using the app store while all apps Includes the apps you downloaded and uninstalled. App store may not list down app not downloaded from the app store.

Posted via My Awesome Passport | @angelesrobby
    08-25-14 08:14 PM

Nice! One thing I noticed with this version is that "<b>" and "</b>" tags appear around the name of someone in your circle who reviewed an app that's being presented.
    08-25-14 08:39 PM
    Great work, Cobalt. Just keeps getting better.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    08-25-14 08:52 PM
    Installed apps are apps currently installed in the device using the app store while all apps Includes the apps you downloaded and uninstalled. App store may not list down app not downloaded from the app store.

Posted via My Awesome Passport | @angelesrobby
    There is some apps not showing that I did get from there. It also shows three apps I got from BlackBerry World that show in need to be updated.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 09:15 PM
    Just drop the file
    u mean sharing the file with u through dropbox? if yes then here it is: 'Saga � Automatic Lifelogging' downloaded from Snap: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....saga-1059.apk
    08-25-14 11:55 PM
    Thanks again COBALT. this is better. I'm really close to try to install apps/games via this Play Store, but... Anyone had tried? But still, sadly, can't play 8 BALL POLL. Its ok, this hard work of u are good enough. I believe it'll get better. Thumbs up

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-26-14 03:11 AM
    One more thing, can I update google play services & google map found on snap? Or is it ours are not meant to be update(via snap)? Any latest update on those if any?Below are my "Google Login":
    -1-patched-GoogleLoginService-573038.apk
    2-com.google.android.gms_4.4.52-Fixed.apk
    3-cobalt-com.android.vending-4.8.20-beta2.apk
    4-com.google.android.apps.maps-705001713.apk
    Anyone mind to share?

08-26-14 04:48 AM
    Hey,

did anyone check Textsecure by chance? I applied the patch to the textsecure.apk and everything went fine. Afterwards I installed the google services apk which gmaps patcher 1.0 provided and finally textsecure. The app wont complain anymore, that I'm lacking Play Services, but unfortunately I cant register the encryption keys to server. Somehow at the last step it complains that it can't get a connection and I should use 3G/Wifi (which I tried both). As far as I know Textsecure needs GPlay Services only for the Google Push Service GCM. Is the latter one working with these workarounds?

Would be glad if someone could tell me if Textsecure and/or GCM are working in any way or not. So I could try further or know that it is futile.

Thanks

Mede
    08-26-14 06:29 AM
    One more thing, can I update google play services & google map found on snap? Or is it ours are not meant to be update(via snap)? Any latest update on those if any?Below are my "Google Login":
    -1-patched-GoogleLoginService-573038.apk
    2-com.google.android.gms_4.4.52-Fixed.apk
    3-cobalt-com.android.vending-4.8.20-beta2.apk
    4-com.google.android.apps.maps-705001713.apk
    Anyone mind to share?

1. Google login services requires no update.

2. You could update to another patched google play services (NOT the version directly from snap), but you likely won't find any benefit, and if you're still on 10.2.1 you'll actually cause errors (newer patched versions by cobalt are optimized for 10.3).

3. This is the newest patched version of play store by cobalt. It's still very much beta and doesn't serve a functional purpose, aside from authenticating certain android apps that have license checks.

4. You can update maps directly in snap if you like. No patching required.
    JohnJenin10 likes this.
    08-26-14 10:35 AM

2. You could update to another patched google play services (NOT the version directly from snap), but you likely won't find any benefit, and if you're still on 10.2.1 you'll actually cause errors (newer patched versions by cobalt are optimized for 10.3).

3. This is the newest patched version of play store by cobalt. It's still very much beta and doesn't serve a functional purpose, aside from authenticating certain android apps that have license checks.

1-Noted
    2-so far not facing serious error, just a normal google play error but soonest I close/OK on this, I can continue using the apps without problem.
    3-Noted
    4-Noted. But when I try click on "current location" icon or something in the menu, it says "please update google play service for accurate results. ......" something like that. But anyway I never use google map, all the way with Waze, and also I feel BlackBerry Map quite good.
    P/s I would like to update to 10.3 but I don't want any hassle to reinstall any apps and lost apps cache etc... is this true? or all my current apps/games, setting (i.e wifi config) remain intact?

Thanks for your time.

Attachment 293709
    Attachment 293710
    Last edited by JohnJenin10; 08-26-14 at 12:20 PM.
    08-26-14 11:01 AM
    'Saga � Automatic Lifelogging' downloaded from Snap: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....saga-1059.apk
    Here is the patched version of Saga
    com.aro.saga-1059.apk-patched
    urShadow likes this.
    08-26-14 02:25 PM
    To those of you playing with rebuilidng apk's (thanks, by the way!), have you stumbled across any method of fixing screen resolution issues? The app for my cable television provider seems to work but I can't see the button to click to finish the login process because it gets cut off my Q10 screen. The app is https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.optiktv
    08-26-14 03:44 PM

Hi Sally,

I'm on the leaked 10.3.0.1052 now and all my Andoid apps but one are working. The one that isn't is the one you patched a while back--a paid dictionary app--that requires Play Services to be running. I've been unable to install any version of Google Play Services since my upgrade to 10.3, even the latest beta. They all give the error message that this cannot be installed.

Do you know of a workaround for this? Is there anything I can remove from the system that will permit the Play services to be installed? Funny thing is, when I first uploaded tho 10.3 OS and restored my app data, that dictionary app worked, but now for some reason it doesn't.
    08-26-14 04:28 PM
    Hi Sally,

I'm on the leaked 10.3.0.1052 now and all my Andoid apps but one are working. The one that isn't is the one you patched a while back--a paid dictionary app--that requires Play Services to be running. I've been unable to install any version of Google Play Services since my upgrade to 10.3, even the latest beta. They all give the error message that this cannot be installed.

Do you know of a workaround for this? Is there anything I can remove from the system that will permit the Play services to be installed? Funny thing is, when I first uploaded tho 10.3 OS and restored my app data, that dictionary app worked, but now for some reason it doesn't.
    Did you try a hard reset of the device?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 05:11 PM
    Did you try a hard reset of the device?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, many times. That's about the first thing I always do. Even turned off and did a battery pull.
    08-26-14 05:16 PM
    Hi Sally,

Did you ever try to install a unpatched version of Google Play on your device? If yes, you may have some "dead" files locking the installation. If you post a log from Blackberry Logger I may see what exactly causes the problem.
    08-26-14 05:23 PM
    A new version of GMaps Patcher is available!

Changelog V1.0.1
    - New: Patches referenced provider authorities (Saga, Tripadvisor)
    - New: Patches InAppBilling dependencies (needed for PlayStore and LuckyPatcher 4.7)
    - New: Option to directly copy a patched APK file to a folder on the device (if it is connected)
    - Fix: some minor optimizations

The original post has been updated with a new download link.

Happy patching!
    08-26-14 05:45 PM
    Did you ever try to install a unpatched version of Google Play on your device? If yes, you may have some "dead" files locking the installation. If you post a log from Blackberry Logger I may see what exactly causes the problem.
    Yes, I have had an unpatched version of GP on the phone in the past. I just DL'e Blackberry Logger, but can't get it to run. I am on Windows 8.1 on a VM. It says the phone isn't attached and then gives an error message. I've tried compatibility settings as well. Maybe it needs boot rom access--I'll try it on Boot Camp directly and see what happens.
    08-26-14 05:56 PM
4,042 ... 4243444546 ...