Design a version that can run on the device itself - and you'll be hero's.

Integrate that functionality with the SNAP downloader and you'll be hailed as royalty
    07-13-14 09:57 PM
    Design a version that can run on the device itself - and you'll be hero's.

Integrate that functionality with the SNAP downloader and you'll be hailed as royalty
    Anyone who has the time/skills for this, pm me and we can discuss how to make it a reality. I've got some ideas but sorely lack in both the time and skill departments .
    07-13-14 10:04 PM
    Hy! I'm new in blackberry's world and i need some help. Could someone tell step by step how to sign in to clash of clans on my z10 with other account? I installed google play services but not work. Maybe i miss something. And all game what depend on google play services is not running. Big thx for the help.
    07-14-14 06:40 AM
    Hy! I'm new in blackberry's world and i need some help. Could someone tell step by step how to sign in to clash of clans on my z10 with other account? I installed google play services but not work. Maybe i miss something. And all game what depend on google play services is not running. Big thx for the help.
    Sorry, most apps that require you to login to google don't work. There are some exceptions here and there, but I haven't come across a single game that we've successfully got to login.
    07-14-14 06:57 AM
    Anyone who has the time/skills for this, pm me and we can discuss how to make it a reality. I've got some ideas but sorely lack in both the time and skill departments .
    Guys, I'm in contact with Chelpus, who wrote Lucky Patcher for Android. I explained the situation how the patching of our apps works. I'm awaiting feedback and hope, that I can convince him to integrate the patch(es) into Lucky Patcher. This would allow to patch apps on the fly directly on the device.

If you want to support my request, you may want to send an email to [email protected] and ask him to team up with me.
    Sally Mack, tryfe and dustmalik like this.
    07-14-14 07:12 AM
    Guys, I'm in contact with Chelpus, who wrote Lucky Patcher for Android. I explained the situation how the patching of our apps works. I'm awaiting feedback and hope, that I can convince him to integrate the patch(es) into Lucky Patcher. This would allow to patch apps on the fly directly on the device.

If you want to support my request, you may want to send an email to [email protected] and ask him to team up with me.
    Sounds awesome! Question: does this Lucky Patcher work on our phones to remove ads?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 07:51 AM
    Id did some testing and it seems to work.

Give it a try here:
    Lucky Patcher - Download Center
    07-14-14 08:54 AM
    Id did some testing and it seems to work.

Give it a try here:
    Lucky Patcher - Download Center
    Thank you sir

But it won't install on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 09:04 AM
    Patch without decompiling resources, and you should be in business.

Edit: sorry, I confused this with life360 app mentioned right next to your original post about disney. I'll have a look and at the very least see what sort of error it gives.
    Thank you for checking

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3175
    07-14-14 09:21 AM
    Hi Cobalt,
    I have tried to install Lucky patcher 4.4.3, but no luck.
    I'm running 10.2.1.x
    Perhaps, it is working only on 10.3

Any suggestion?

Posted via CB10
    Muhammad Said likes this.
    07-14-14 09:58 AM
    It appears that Lucky Patcher works with Blackberry OS 10.3 and better, but not with 10.2.1. So you'll have to upgrade to the latest 10.3.700 to be able to use Lucky Patcher.

I'm in discussion with Chelpus now and we will try to find a solution for the most common patching procedures.

Technical note: Lucky Patcher doesn't decompile the dex files into smali code. Chelpus explained to me that the dex files are patched on a bytepatching base and then the CRC checksums of the file are recalculated. But this should be no problem.

I'll keep you updated.
    dustmalik likes this.
    07-14-14 10:24 AM
    Sounds like a winner!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 11:29 AM
    Anyway to hack clash of clan

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 01:23 PM
    Mod apk can also help

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 01:24 PM
    How do I get rid of this?
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140714_235214.png

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 01:25 PM
    folks, is there anyone who can upload a patched thetransit app? the colbalt's patcher requires java 7 but unfortunately my work computer only has java 6. i am traveling now so i need you guy's help.
    07-14-14 11:47 PM
    folks, is there anyone who can upload a patched thetransit app? the colbalt's patcher requires java 7 but unfortunately my work computer only has java 6. i am traveling now so i need you guy's help.
    https://app.box.com/s/4y0m9ech9s5y3lzp7ijv
    07-14-14 11:59 PM
    Sally, million thanks, this is way quicker than what I can imagine!
    07-15-14 12:08 AM
    So back to the whole "some apps really struggle to get a location fix" issue. I noticed that all apps that give me this problem have the network location permission. I figure it checks for network location for the quick fix, then gps for something more detailed (or vice versa?).

I used an app which returns network location only (no gps) on my z10, and of course I get no result.

I did some testing using the same app on my android device (I even went so far as to disable gps on the android device), and it got a location instantly. Once I disabled the "use wireless networks" on my android location settings, said app failed to retrieve a location.

Bottom line: network-based location doesn't seem to be working in the android runtime, and this is why some apps take a while to get a location (or can't get one at all). Screen capture with app name I used to test this below. I should add that this app has no google play service dependencies that I'm aware of.
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140715_005619.png
    07-15-14 12:09 AM
    I did a bit of digging and came across this https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=57707 which describes similar problems actual android users are experiencing. I also came across a simple "Location Tester" apk which tests native android location as well as API location. Native android location actually worked just fine for me, but the damn API one didn't.
    Here's a link to the location tester apk for anyone interested. I patched it to be sure before using it. https://app.box.com/s/0r5n2dswdgudq5zeoukt
    slotime likes this.
    07-15-14 12:39 AM
    It looks like we have the problem that is described in this thread on xda developers:
    [Q] Google Now always says "Location Service is off." - XDA Forum

I did some log tracing with Blackberry logger and I could also find the described error messages:

W/LocationProviderProxy(526): com.google.android.location resolves service com.android.location.service.v2.NetworkLocationPro vider, but has wrong signature, ignoring
    W/LocationManagerService(526): no network location provider found
    W/GeocoderProxy(526): com.google.android.location resolves service com.android.location.service.GeocodeProvider, but has wrong signature, ignoring

After some more digging in Android source code of LocationManagerService I found a signature check that verifies, if the calling package has a system signature. If not, binding to the service is refused (look at line 283):
    https://android.googlesource.com/pla...erService.java

So I believe that we have a major problem here as in our case the calling package is the modified Google Play services with a custom signature.
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 07-15-14 at 04:14 AM.
    Sally Mack likes this.
    07-15-14 03:37 AM
    So is it better to uninstall the Network Location apk you provided for us?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 07:48 AM
    Very thx to op for this patcher aplication.
    It seems that Strava worked due to this patch and downloading Google Maps too

It's very useful
    07-15-14 09:00 AM
    Thanks for digging deep into this cobalt. At least now we know where the issue lies. Hopefully someone can somehow find a creative way around this.
    07-15-14 11:56 AM
    I'm sure you've already considered this cobalt, but the suggested solution in that thread is not a possibility, is it? Unless BlackBerry were to make said changes in their runtime. Is that correct?
    07-15-14 12:26 PM
4,042 ... 3536373839 ...