Cobalt ... I've been reading through threads since forever and marvel at Ur patience and generosity .. and this was much before people started asking U to add a donate button ... respect my friend. And now if I may, could U please help me patch the gmail app.
    07-11-14 03:29 PM
    Nothing to patch with the Gmail app. Simply install Google login services as well as the Gmail apk.
    07-11-14 09:19 PM
    As a small goodie for the weekend, here we have a test version of GMaps and GPlay patcher v1.0 beta.

Download

Changelog:

GMaps Patcher
    - minor changes in patching engine
    - implemented IGlogger (for the hackers out there)
    - rearranged tabs and settings

GPlay Patcher
    - can now patch Google Play Services 5.x
    - supports patching in both decompiled dex files

To run Gplay Patcher, you must first run GMaps Patcher and select a correct Java path. GPlay Patcher just reads out the ini file to get the path.

Happy testing!
    eywong, tryfe, slotime and 1 others like this.
    07-12-14 09:40 AM
    If you want to download the 5.0.84 Google Play Services apks, head over here: ANDROID ZONE • View topic - Google Play services 5.0.84 (1259630-010&30&32&34&38&70)
    I believe there's a different version for the device's resolution. My Z30 seems to want the 036 apk if I look for updates via Snap.
    07-12-14 10:20 AM
    My Z10 wants the 36 version as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 10:34 AM
    A prepatched version 5.0.84 (36) of Google Play services is included in the package.

BTW:
    If you are curious about what GPlay patcher is changing in the code, you can easily look at the modifications. After patching is done, don't press continue and go to \tmp folder. There you will find the patched files. Open a file with a text editor (I use Notepad++) and search for GPLAY.
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 07-12-14 at 10:53 AM.
    07-12-14 10:42 AM
    Thank U indeed Sally .. I did try that and it asks for google play services, I installed that too, it has at least started working after having to ignore the google play services not found and the app is rather sluggish and laggy .. but at least it's got this far, I can check mail and reply too.

Could U also help me with getting Pushbullet to work please. I do need it badly. The issue is that it asks me to select my Google account, when I choose the option ofthe account available in the options (my gmail account) it says, 'we had some trouble signing into your account'. And if I choose the other option, Add an account, it takes me to the sign in page, I log in my details and it says, Couldn't sign in, Account already exists.

I must add, that when I try to log into Google play services,the app opens and I get the message, Initialising, Please wait and then the app closes. As for google log in services, when I log in my details, it says there was a problem communicating with Google servers. Ty again later. I'd really appreciate your help, thank U.
    07-12-14 10:59 AM
    Could U also help me with getting Pushbullet to work please. I do need it badly. The issue is that it asks me to select my Google account, when I choose the option ofthe account available in the options (my gmail account) it says, 'we had some trouble signing into your account'. And if I choose the other option, Add an account, it takes me to the sign in page, I log in my details and it says, Couldn't sign in, Account already exists.
    Unfortunately most apps that want you to log in to your Google account behave that way. We haven't found a solution yet, except that *some* (like Google maps 7+) will work if you don't have Google play services.

Have you tried patching pushbullet using the patcher in this thread? I doubt it'll make a difference, but worth a shot if you haven't already tried.
    07-12-14 11:25 AM
    Have you tried patching pushbullet using the patcher in this thread? I doubt it'll make a difference, but worth a shot if you haven't already tried.

I must admit I am new to all this, although I am a die-hard blackberry fan/user I've never tried fiddling with apps before this, I used to think of Apps as site shortcuts at most and never gave them much of a thought until now, they have indeed come a long way and I find I do need some of them. So could U please direct me to the thread that tells me how to patch Apps.

Also, would U then suggest that I try deleting Google play services. Thank U for Ur patience and sorely needed help.
    07-12-14 11:48 AM
    This is thread . Start with the first post. It has links to the patcher tool and instructions on how to use it.
    07-12-14 11:57 AM
    Another weird thing's started happening lately, especially after I restart the phone, when I click on an Android app it opens and there's the black screen but a faded Blackberry 10 written against the black background and a blue progress bar at the bottom of the app .. takes ages to reach the half way point, if that and then closes. Please find pic attached

[BOX]How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140712_175732.png[/BOX]
    07-12-14 12:02 PM
    I wasn't being lazy, I was only apprehensive about choosing the wrong version, hence the request. Thank U so much indeed.
    07-12-14 12:06 PM
    Is it normal that the icon for Google Settings is blank? Also should I try and repatch all the previous apps with the new patcher?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 12:18 PM
    I uninstalled the Play Services that I patched with the new patcher and installed the one included in the lib folder and the icon is now there.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 12:32 PM
    So far everything works just like before with the new Play Services, Skype still shows showing "Unfortunately Google Play Services stopped" upon launch, but nevertheless it still works correctly other than that. It seems to be just a cosmetic thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 12:38 PM
    Is it normal that the icon for Google Settings is blank? Also should I try and repatch all the previous apps with the new patcher?

Posted via CB10
    Mine is displayed correctly.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 12:45 PM
    cant seem to even open the MEGA page with the link...it just hangs there. Anyone else get the same?

EDIT: used IE and it worked now
    07-12-14 01:47 PM
    Anyone have the latest patched 4.8.20 version of the Google Play Store?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:34 PM
    Another weird thing's started happening lately, especially after I restart the phone, when I click on an Android app it opens and there's the black screen but a faded Blackberry 10 written against the black background and a blue progress bar at the bottom of the app .. takes ages to reach the half way point, if that and then closes. Please find pic attached

[BOX]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140712_175732.png 
Views:	1366 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	284609[/BOX]
    After a phone restart, that's just the android runtime starting for the first time. Be patient, it should eventually load. Every app after that should load relatively quickly.
    07-12-14 04:52 PM
    Anyone have the latest patched 4.8.20 version of the Google Play Store?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure, but generally it's pretty useless. We haven't gotten play store to load properly. The only purpose the play store would serve is for some apps to pass a license check, but you wouldn't necessarily need the newest version for that anyhow.
    07-12-14 04:56 PM
    Not sure, but generally it's pretty useless. We haven't gotten play store to load properly. The only purpose the play store would serve is for some apps to pass a license check, but you wouldn't necessarily need the newest version for that anyhow.
    Okay cool. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 05:04 PM
    Does anyone know how to use the GMAPS patching tool to patch Android apps such as Family Guy The Quest For Stuff?
    07-13-14 01:11 PM
    Does anyone know how to use the GMAPS patching tool to patch Android apps such as Family Guy The Quest For Stuff?
    You need to be asking this at the existing thread here, where I have moved you. Please don't create a new thread.
    07-13-14 01:20 PM
    Cobalt,

Can you check out the latest version of the My Disney Experience App?

It was updated a few weeks ago, and is now using google play services, the good new for the app is its lightning fast now, the irony is the previous update when they were on the old fork of this app had finally fixed the location issues, now that is the only piece that doesnt work.

when you click the map button on the unpatched version it asks to install play services, on a patched version it just crashes. ive tried pretty much every combination of patching, and i have the latest 5.0.81 services that you referred to in the post above. when you launch the app it will want to you login with an account, you dont have to, just click the attractions button at the top, then you will see a map icon at the bottom right.

patched youtube, and greatclips are working fine on my phone.

any help would be much appreciated
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.google&hl=en
    I tried patching with the latest 1.0 patcher, but still no luck.

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3175
    07-13-14 04:18 PM
    Patch without decompiling resources, and you should be in business.

Edit: sorry, I confused this with life360 app mentioned right next to your original post about disney. I'll have a look and at the very least see what sort of error it gives.
    Last edited by Sally Mack; 07-13-14 at 11:14 PM.
    07-13-14 09:43 PM
4,042 ... 3435363738 ...