Hello together,

I hope someone could help me. I really read the whole thread, but l didn't found a solution.
    My problem: I try to run Garmin Link
    I understood that I first have to run Google Maps and log in there.

Ok, we have two cases here. One is the Google Maps thing and the other one the Garmin case.

So first we are going to look at Google Maps and how to get the starred places:
    •Download latest Google Maps using Snap (or get it here)
    •Install Google Login Services from here
    •Install Google Play Store from here
    •Go to Google Maps settings and login from there, do not login directly in Google Account app
    •Go to https://history.google.com/history/settings?hl=en and activate webhistory
    •Run Google Maps, press and hold on any spot to save a location

But here's the problem:
    If I try to log in in Google Maps I get a message: "Google Play Service stopped" and I'm not able to login - Server not available.

My config:
    BB Z30: STA100-2
    Software: 10.2.1.2977
    Google MAPS: 1.8.101.113

Anyone able to help ?
    Thanks in advance

k0cj0@
    07-06-14 01:57 PM
    How long can a rebuilding process take? I'm trying to patch the Calgary Stampede app to get the map working and it's been in the "Rebuilding" phase for the past 30 minutes. How much longer should I wait before I abort and give it up?
    Shouldn't take more than a few mins
    svelt likes this.
    07-06-14 02:00 PM
    Hello together,

I hope someone could help me. I really read the whole thread, but l didn't found a solution.
    My problem: I try to run Garmin Link
    I understood that I first have to run Google Maps and log in there
    I've had to edit my post twice LOL, so sorry if there's any confusion. Turns out this app doesn't necessarily need patching, since it uses location api v1, which is now supported by the android runtime in bb10 devices.

Anyhow... did you install google play services? If so, you need to uninstall it since it conflicts with login through google maps.

If you need google play services for other apps you've patched, I'd recommend downloading an older version of google maps like version 6.14. which will allow login with google play services installed.
    Last edited by Sally Mack; 07-06-14 at 02:28 PM.
    07-06-14 02:06 PM
    You don't need google maps to run garmin link. I believe you misunderstood a previous post.

This is what you need to do for garmin link:

1. Install patched google play services found in the output folder of the patcher.

2. Install the patched google login services.

3. Download the garmin link apk to your pc, and patch it using the patcher.

4. Install the patched garmin apk to your phone.
    Thanks can confirm this works.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    07-06-14 02:17 PM
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9550863

The bar file needs to be sideloaded (you can't just open it like an apk)
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I know, I'm using snap and I'm familiar with sideloading . The point is that some apps are not available on snap and therefore I was going on 1Market.
    I try to reformulate my question: I would like to download an xyz.apk app on or via my desktop pc, in order to avoid the installation via snap, then deinstallation, file transfer etc etc. For this reason I taught that there is a trick 77 to download apk....

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 02:24 PM
    To download apps to your pc, I prefer barinstall.com. Once you sign up you can configure your Google play account (same one you use for snap), and download from there.

There are other alternatives as well where you can just add the package name to the end of a url and it?ll download to pc. I'm sure a quick search of the forums or on Google will yield you something like this.
    07-06-14 04:16 PM
    Cannot patch quizup...

Posted via CB10
    And nobody can. Try searching this thread for further discussion.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.296 (.441 radio)
    07-06-14 11:16 PM
    Thanks for posting the Gmaps patcher for Windows, my Youtube app from snap is working and my mother now can play candy crush on my Z10. Thank you.

Posted via CB10

Google map is working fine too!!!
    Last edited by rhon3g; 07-07-14 at 08:49 AM.
    07-07-14 08:32 AM
    I've had to edit my post twice LOL, so sorry if there's any confusion. Turns out this app doesn't necessarily need patching, since it uses location api v1, which is now supported by the android runtime in bb10 devices.

Anyhow... did you install google play services? If so, you need to uninstall it since it conflicts with login through google maps.

If you need google play services for other apps you've patched, I'd recommend downloading an older version of google maps like version 6.14. which will allow login with google play services installed.
    Thank you very, very much - it works !!!!!!
    Google play services was the problem - I delet it and all is fine :-)

Thank you.
    07-07-14 11:09 AM
    Cannot patch quizup...

Posted via CB10
    Look for my post around June 22, I linked to the closest thing you can get for a patched Quiz Up apk.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-07-14 11:56 AM
    Cant get to your profile.. post the link over here please..

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:00 PM
    I have Z30 and I have been using SNAP for using Android Apps. I have downloaded Google Maps and it runs ok...but I can not see my stored locations....as I cannot ads my Gmail ID to the App

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:12 PM
    Cant get to your profile.. post the link over here please..

Posted via CB10
    I think he's referring to this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10506129
    jzajac likes this.
    07-07-14 12:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 02:52 PM
    Hey cobalt thanks again for everything. Do you think we can get an updated patched version of Google login services, and the playstore? I want to try a couple of things. Also if I'm not misunderstood there was a Google vendor apk wasn't it? If you can get them for me man I'll greatly appreciate it I want to try a couple of things.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    07-07-14 03:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    QuizUp won't work at all. If you're pressed for time, search the thread for the keyword 'QuizUp' and you'll see all the times it's been asked and all the times it's been answered.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 04:03 PM
    QuizUp won't work at all. If you're pressed for time, search the thread for the keyword 'QuizUp' and you'll see all the times it's been asked and all the times it's been answered.

Posted via CB10
    Or just look at page one, post one.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-07-14 10:29 PM
    I gave garmin connect a spin, but couldn't reproduce the crash.

That said, since I don't own a garmin device I had to manually add activities. Drilling down in them didn't produce a crash. But then again, I didn't have any detailed data.

Can you try to add a an activity manually, then opening it to see if it crashes? If it does, it probably means it's an issue specific to your phone.
    Thanks Sally Mack.

I've cracked this at last.

Firstly I've been using 1 Mobile market to download my APK's but following the comments in the thread over past few days regarding the potential issues with this I instead fired up my partners old Android device and downloaded the new Garmin Connect from the Play Store directly.

First attempt at patching this resulted in an error but 2nd attempt with the "Patch Additional.......Strava" box ticked (Not sure if this the correct thing to do) actually resulted in a patched file which seems to be working fine.

Could be a pure fluke but I'm happy

Thanks again for your advice.
    Sally Mack likes this.
    07-09-14 06:51 AM
    OK, since 10.2.1 now supports API v1, is it better to uncheck this in the patcher when patching apps or does it not matter?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 08:21 AM
    OK, since 10.2.1 now supports API v1, is it better to uncheck this in the patcher when patching apps or does it not matter?

Posted via CB10
    There are cases where despite api v1 being supported by blackberry, it still doesn't quite work right. And patching it shows google maps rather than openstreetview maps which is what BlackBerry uses.

So if you've already gotten so far as to have the apk loaded in the patcher, might as well patch it!
    07-09-14 09:27 AM
    There are cases where despite api v1 being supported by blackberry, it still doesn't quite work right. And patching it shows google maps rather than openstreetview maps which is what BlackBerry uses.

So if you've already gotten so far as to have the apk loaded in the patcher, might as well patch it!
    Cool, thanks. I was just curious if it would actually hurt it to patch it anyways.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 10:01 AM
    Any luck for quizup yet??? The original app has been updated so any luck???

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 12:15 PM
    Any luck for quizup yet??? The original app has been updated so any luck???

Posted via CB10
    No.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 01:58 PM
    Can anyone make life 360 work? I had it patched, installed and opened, but the maps does not show.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 08:25 PM
    Can anyone make life 360 work? I had it patched, installed and opened, but the maps does not show.

Posted via CB10
    Did you remember to also install the patched google play services?
    07-09-14 08:52 PM
4,042 ... 3233343536 ...