It's similar but it never locks. I just says "waiting for GPS" and that's it. I tried opening Strava first to "jump start" it as mentioned in the post about Transit. No dice....
    07-04-14 05:58 PM
    It's similar but it never locks. I just says "waiting for GPS" and that's it. I tried opening Strava first to "jump start" it as mentioned in the post about Transit. No dice....
    Try in a variety of different locations just to see if you can get it to lock at least once (and be patient). I've had very similar experiences with a few different apps, and when switching to a different location (with a clearer view of the sky), I can eventually get a lock.
    07-04-14 06:23 PM
    I wonder if the patcher should be integrated with snap to simplify the process. Then no PC would be required.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:18 PM
    I wonder if the patcher should be integrated with snap to simplify the process. Then no PC would be required.

Posted via CB10
    Now that would be a nice synthesis!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Even if it was a stand-alone function that could be called it would be nice but I have to imagine that there are many hurdles that stand in the way from that happening, not to mention that the decompiling and rebuilding of apks would probably be painfully slow when performed on a device compared to performing the same actions on a computer.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-04-14 07:45 PM
    Even if it was a stand-alone function that could be called it would be nice but I have to imagine that there are many hurdles that stand in the way from that happening, not to mention that the decompiling and rebuilding of apks would probably be painfully slow when performed on a device compared to performing the same actions on a computer.

I've thought about this... not sure if it's entirely possible BUT there are android apps out there that can patch apk's locally. The easiest solution I've dreamed up is something which would require a server-side piece to it. I don't think it'd be hard to implement either for an experienced dev-- just need someone willing to give it a shot. And users willing to pay a premium for this service to cover server costs.
    07-05-14 12:59 AM
    High Sally Mack,

I'm trying to patch the app tagesanzeiger (Download Tages-Anzeiger,Tages-Anzeiger 4.0.1 Download | 1mobile.com) but I get following error message:

Processing C:\Users\Sacha\Desktop\com.phonegap.tagesanzeiger-151.apk
    [Decompiling without resources]
    Error: Decompilation of package com.phonegap.tagesanzeiger-151 failed, aborting.
    [Cleaning up]

[Decompiling with resources]
    Error: Decompilation of package com.phonegap.tagesanzeiger-151 failed, aborting.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.

I'm using version GMaps 0.9. Any idea?

Would be great if you could have a look into it!

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
    Sacha
    07-05-14 02:44 AM
    When you open ghost commander, just go to applications. Then it'll bring you to a list of all the android applications on your device in alphabetical order.
    by default Ghost Commander opens at /mnt/sdcard and there is no apps folder on this path, if you meant /mnt/sdcard/Android/data then that I had already checked with default File Manager of BB10 and I couldn't find anything related to saga there, when u asked for ghost commander, i assumed you would like me to access paths which are not visible to default File Manager like / but there are many folders there, i checked several but couldn't find a folder with Android apps, am I missing something?
    07-05-14 04:26 AM
    High Sally Mack,

I'm trying to patch the app tagesanzeiger (Download Tages-Anzeiger,Tages-Anzeiger 4.0.1 Download | 1mobile.com) but I get following error message:

[Decompiling without resources]
    [Cleaning up]

[Decompiling with resources]
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.

I'm using version GMaps 0.9. Any idea?

Would be great if you could have a look into it!

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
    Sacha
    Tagesanzeiger? Guess you're a Swiss dude as I am ;-)

Anyway, here is the patched file. I noticed some difference in the code between the file you downloaded from 1mobile and the file I downloaded directly from Google Play. Apps from 1mobile seem to be internally modified in some way to use the 1mobile store. I suggest not to use those apps together with the patcher. Better get the original file from Google Play.

Download Tagesanzeiger
    07-05-14 04:51 AM
    by default Ghost Commander opens at /mnt/sdcard and there is no apps folder on this path, if you meant /mnt/sdcard/Android/data then that I had already checked with default File Manager of BB10 and I couldn't find anything related to saga there, when u asked for ghost commander, i assumed you would like me to access paths which are not visible to default File Manager like / but there are many folders there, i checked several but couldn't find a folder with Android apps, am I missing something?
    Keep backing out beyond mnt/sdcard (just hit ok when you get the message about entering a system folder) until you get back to the home screen view. Also you can scroll the options on the bottom of the screen over until you see 'home' and tap on that. Then tap on applications there to see if you can find the app.

urShadow likes this.
    07-05-14 09:08 AM
    Keep backing out beyond mnt/sdcard (just hit ok when you get the message about entering a system folder) until you get back to the home screen view. Also you can scroll the options on the bottom of the screen over until you see 'home' and tap on that. Then tap on applications there to see if you can find the app.

Thanks, I didn't find any traces of Saga there, means the app was successfully removed but still patched version is giving "unable to install" error
    07-05-14 09:22 AM
    Can you trace the Installation process using BlackBerry logger?

Sent from my Q10 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-05-14 09:54 AM
    I was reading in another forum back in March that using the patched version of Google Play Services can negatively affect BB10's native email amongst other things. Is this true? Thanks!
    07-05-14 01:05 PM
    I have never noticed any effects on anything. Maybe somebody else?

Sent from my Q10 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-05-14 01:17 PM
    Haven't seen anything like that. Sounds like nonsense.
    07-05-14 01:32 PM
    Just noticed I'm getting this when I go into settings --> location settings in map 6.14.5. It doesn't affect the app materially, but in previous versions this wasn't an issue (I'll need to go back to determine which version it last worked on).
    Attachment 282561
    An update on this for the few that may be interested:

1. Installing maps 6.14.4 resolved this error, and allowed me to enter and edit said settings.

2. This tells me at some point google added a manufacturer check to their framework (since this just points to google play services location settings)

3. This may explain why I get this greyed out settings screen using maps 6.14.5+

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140705_163339_edit.png

4. Could this be related to why our phones often struggle with location fixes? Not having a working location history or location reporting may suggest why we must absolutely be in optimal gps fix conditions for apps using Google play services location api. My theory is that the app looks in our location history through Google play services, finds nothing, then insists on getting a gps fix, which may or may not work, depending on where we're located at the time.
    07-05-14 03:52 PM
    This is my Gmaps Settings screen with latest release and latest patched Cobalt Services :
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140705_162149.png

No prompt for Play Services. But I get the prompts when launching Skype.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 04:23 PM
    Go to location settings, and see what happens.
    07-05-14 04:31 PM
    OK, this is what happens :
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140705_235000.png

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:50 PM
    Yes, I am

Thanks a lot for your kind help!

Question: what is the best way to download (apk) files directly from Google Play?

Thanks!
    07-06-14 12:19 PM
    Cannot patch quizup...

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 12:37 PM
    Tagesanzeiger? Guess you're a Swiss dude as I am ;-)

Anyway, here is the patched file. I noticed some difference in the code between the file you downloaded from 1mobile and the file I downloaded directly from Google Play. Apps from 1mobile seem to be internally modified in some way to use the 1mobile store. I suggest not to use those apps together with the patcher. Better get the original file from Google Play.

Download Tagesanzeiger
    Yes, I am

Question: what is the best way to download (apk) files directly from Google Play (on windows 8.1 using Firefox)?

Thanks!
    07-06-14 01:04 PM
    Yes, I am

Question: what is the best way to download (apk) files directly from Google Play (on windows 8.1 using Firefox)?

Thanks!
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9550863

The bar file needs to be sideloaded (you can't just open it like an apk)
    07-06-14 01:08 PM
    And if you're new to sideloading, check out this thread which has a tool which simplifies the process.

How to sideload Snap without any hassle using Snap Installer

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9967976
    07-06-14 01:11 PM
    How long can a rebuilding process take? I'm trying to patch the Calgary Stampede app to get the map working and it's been in the "Rebuilding" phase for the past 30 minutes. How much longer should I wait before I abort and give it up?
    07-06-14 01:54 PM
4,042 ... 3132333435 ...