Installed the apk but still quizup doesnt work...!!!

Posted via CB10

Hopefully you actually read these posts instead of just writing blind...

Quiz Up Patched APK
    Last edited by jzajac; 06-22-14 at 11:55 AM.
    Sally Mack likes this.
    06-22-14 11:37 AM
    I *think* it would have worked if you were just more patient and waited for the app to unsuck hehe.

That said, I have some apps that suck like yours does (they do eventually find my location... or work well, depending on where I am), and I'll try the extra services option to see if it makes a difference.
    Just followed up with this approach (the extra patching method for apps like Strava). It made no difference on the apps that sometimes struggle to find location.
    06-22-14 12:32 PM
    ^^
    Thanks. I had feeling your original assumption was correct.
    06-22-14 01:34 PM
    Thanks this apk work
    Need google+ please

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    06-22-14 03:54 PM
    Hi Cobalt232,

I got Z10 few days ago and your work is the most valuable for me to get my fav apps working. Nevertheless, there is an error in app called Torque. It seems to be working fine until I touch "map view", then the app terminates. Would you mind looking at it and try to find a way to fix it? GMaps Patcher says there is nothing to patch. Thanks in advance. I could post a link for the apk here if it helps you.
    I don't quote my own posts usually but does sb have the same problem? Any idea how to solve this map issue? There is the apk.
    06-23-14 10:59 AM
    Hi, sorry for my late reply. I'll look into it later.

Sent from my Q10 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-23-14 02:24 PM
    I used this for the Redfin app and it does run without any errors but location services don't work any ideas? Also, does Chromecast rely on google services; would patching it make it useable with Netflix?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 02:49 PM
    I tried an app called My Weather Radar and it would crash on launch. I patched it and it works, but won't find my location. So pretty much the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 03:09 PM
    I used this for the Redfin app and it does run without any errors but location services don't work any ideas? Also, does Chromecast rely on google services; would patching it make it useable with Netflix?

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried patching the redfin app using the instructions in the first post?

Chromecast with the Netflix app works without any patching. The google apps like youtube, however, don't work with chromecast on bb10.
    06-23-14 03:46 PM
    I patched it with instruction from the first post, initially it didn't work but I tried again with some of the advanced options and it works without the services error message, but it says it cannot use location services. I have Netflix installed and initially it worked without even having the chromecast app installed, but that stopped working with a couple updates to the os and the netflix version ... so now it doesn't work. it seems you need the correct netflix version matched up with the correct os to make it work. I've searched this forum and found everyone has different experiences with Netflix having the chromecast icon show up?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 04:07 PM
    I patched it with instruction from the first post, initially it didn't work but I tried again with some of the advanced options and it works without the services error message, but it says it cannot use location services. I have Netflix installed and initially it worked without even having the chromecast app installed, but that stopped working with a couple updates to the os and the netflix version ... so now it doesn't work. it seems you need the correct netflix version matched up with the correct os to make it work. I've searched this forum and found everyone has different experiences with Netflix having the chromecast icon show up?

Posted via CB10
    Regarding redfin, did you remember to also install the patched google play services apk in the output folder?

Also, for netflix, I found that chromecast started working for me consistently once I upgraded to 10.2.1.3175... which OS are you on?
    06-23-14 07:44 PM
    I'm using 10.2.1.2273; what version of Netflix do you use? And yes, I installed Google Services. Will signing into Google Maps help at all?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:49 PM
    I'm using 10.2.1.2273; what version of Netflix do you use? And yes, I installed Google Services. Will signing into Google Maps help at all?

Posted via CB10
    I have netflix 3.5.1, but it's worked for the last few releases... on my previous OS (10.2.1.2xxx) it didn't work, so I really think it's the OS that makes the difference in the case of netflix.

As for redfin, I seem to have it working. It was smart enough to detect my location and tell me it wouldn't work in my area. Then when i searched somewhere in the USA, the mapping services worked fine.

If it makes any difference I have the following set up:
    1. Patched google play services (newest version by cobalt... 4.4.52 I think. It's newer than what's included with his patcher).
    2. Google login services (found in this post http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post10175045)
    3. Patched google play store (doesn't work, but enables some tricky apps... also found in the thread above)

In my experience, for an app like this you should only require patched google play services to get it to work, but there's no harm in installing the others. I also have google maps installed, but the only time I've ever seen that make a difference is that sometimes I could get a location fix by having that open, lock in a location, then minimize it and open the app that needs my location.
    06-23-14 08:26 PM
    I have downloaded the patched google play services but when I install strava and mapmyride, it tells me that it won't work without google play services.

Can you help?
    06-23-14 10:29 PM
    You need to patch those apps as well. In the first post there is a patcher you can download which will do this for you.

For strava, you'll need to go to the advanced tab and check off the box for the secondary google checks (it'll specifically mention strava in the description).
    06-23-14 10:34 PM
    I got Z10 few days ago and your work is the most valuable for me to get my fav apps working. Nevertheless, there is an error in app called Torque. It seems to be working fine until I touch "map view", then the app terminates. Would you mind looking at it and try to find a way to fix it? GMaps Patcher says there is nothing to patch. Thanks in advance. I could post a link for the apk here if it helps you.
    There is the apk.
    I looked into your app. There are no google dependencies to patch. Nothing we can do.
    06-24-14 05:00 AM
    Thank you for review Cobalt, it's a mystery for me why it terminates by pressing map view. Maybe I will buy this app directly from BBW although I bought it on google play.
    06-24-14 11:07 AM
    The two most recent patched versions of Uber finally work on my Z30 with 10.3.0.296 and the newest Dev OS (10.3.0.700) Android RT installed on top. Prior to this, I haven't had Uber working on any of the 10.3 OS's. Just a heads up...
    06-24-14 04:16 PM
    I read that some of you have apps struggling to find current location. I'm not really sure why this occurs, but I believe that it has something to with Geocode Provider, that provides the last saved location. It looks like this can't be read by the app and therefore it starts a repositioning task that takes some time to complete.

As a test, I patched the Network Location provider from GAPPS so that it can run on Blackberry. I have no idea, if it helps, but I may be worth a try. So if you guys want to do some testing, just install the patched file. Report back if it has any effect.

NetworkLocation.apk

Please keep in mind:
    Don't try to open the app. It will display a screen and crash if you click on any option. This is because I had to call a fake activity to make it run on Blackberry Android runtime. On a real Android OS, this app has no icon and no activity to start.
    Sally Mack likes this.
    06-25-14 08:46 AM
    I read that some of you have apps struggling to find current location. I'm not really sure why this occurs, but I believe that it has something to with Geocode Provider, that provides the last saved location. It looks like this can't be read by the app and therefore it starts a repositioning task that takes some time to complete.

As a test, I patched the Network Location provider from GAPPS so that it can run on Blackberry. I have no idea, if it helps, but I may be worth a try. So if you guys want to do some testing, just install the patched file. Report back if it has any effect.

NetworkLocation.apk

Please keep in mind:
    Don't try to open the app. It will display a screen and crash if you click on any option. This is because I had to call a fake activity to make it run on Blackberry Android runtime. On a real Android OS, this app has no icon and no activity to start.
    I installed that because I have one FNB Banking app that has troubles with locations. It finds my location, but fails to display bank locations. It made no difference. It still fails to find banks.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140625_094157.png

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 09:44 AM
    I installed that because I have one FNB Banking app that has troubles with locations. It finds my location, but fails to display bank locations. It made no difference. It still fails to find banks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140625_094157.png 
Views:	1266 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	280461

Posted via CB10
    This seems to be an other problem. It finds your location but can not display the POS. Can you verify, if AndroidManifest contains the following line?

com.google.android.geo.API_KEY
    06-25-14 09:51 AM
    This seems to be an other problem. It finds your location but can not display the POS. Can you verify, if AndroidManifest contains the following line?

com.google.android.geo.API_KEY
    Uhh, where do I look for that? Sorry...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:08 AM
    Uhh, where do I look for that? Sorry...

Posted via CB10
    I'll look into it. Can you provide a link to the apk file?
    06-25-14 10:27 AM

NetworkLocation.apk

Please keep in mind:
    In testing with the apps that give me trouble, no noticeable effect
    06-25-14 10:29 AM
    I'll look into it. Can you provide a link to the apk file?
    Here is the link in Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.mb_fnbtcmok

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:37 AM
4,042 ... 2728293031 ...