I DL'ed this, deleted Google Play services, did a hard reboot, but when I launch this fixed APK it doesn't seem to install anything. It initializes, then opens, but doesn't put a Google Play Services icon on the screen where I used to have the icon, or anywhere, for that matter. Is this the expected behavior? Also, Uber still doesn't work -- anyone figure out that problem?

Posted via CB10
    Strange... I had a similar problem with maps. I managed to resolve it by uninstalling, double volume button reset, open an android app (to launch the runtime), then installing again. Hope that helps.
    06-17-14 07:47 PM
    Strange... I had a similar problem with maps. I managed to resolve it by uninstalling, double volume button reset, open an android app (to launch the runtime), then installing again. Hope that helps.
    Thanks, Sal. It's sort of a mixed picture. While I couldn't see it, it was still running, because I couldn't downgrade Google Play with an earlier version. It said I had to delete it first. But because I couldn't see it with anything, not device manager or Ghost Commander, I couldn't delete it. So, I went to my Chrome Play Manager on the PC and deleted the APK manually. Then I did a hard reboot with the two volume buttons. After the reboot, I brought up an android app, then I reinstalled the "fixed" Google Play APK--all went well and I got into the program, but it still does not appear as an icon on the Z10 desktop.

Go figure.
    Last edited by KenV54; 06-17-14 at 10:09 PM.
    06-17-14 09:05 PM
    I literally answered this one page ago in the thread. All you had to do was search for it man. It's not hard.

I'm trying so hard to be nice, but seriously, it's time for people to use a bit of critical thinking and just use the wonderful tool that is "search thread" right below the page numbers.
    Thanks for answering this question over and over again. I updated the original post with an information, that not all apps will work after patching, especially if the require some kind of login. Hope it helps.
    jzajac likes this.
    06-18-14 02:57 AM
    Cobalt, I think i may have spoken too soon when i said the Play services was working properly on 10.3. After much testing, I realized that the Google Play services app itself doesn't crash anymore unlike the previous ones, but apps that require Play services crash on start up and just keep on crashing. I just hope later builds of 10.3 changes that, if not, I might have to stick to 10.2.1 on one of my devices.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    06-18-14 04:45 AM
    Cobalt, I think i may have spoken too soon when i said the Play services was working properly on 10.3. After much testing, I realized that the Google Play services app itself doesn't crash anymore unlike the previous ones, but apps that require Play services crash on start up and just keep on crashing. I just hope later builds of 10.3 changes that, if not, I might have to stick to 10.2.1 on one of my devices.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    Thanks for this feedback. I'll have to look into that, but I believe it is to early to work on the leaked 10.3 releases. Maybe you can catch some logs with BB Logger. It would help if you could log the warnings, errors and fatals (option 3, then option 4).
    dustmalik likes this.
    06-18-14 05:28 AM
    Thanks for answering this question over and over again. I updated the original post with an information, that not all apps will work after patching, especially if the require some kind of login. Hope it helps.
    Thank you. Now I just have to hope people bother to look at the first page for the original post...

I don't like to sound like a bully, I think just the wording of that post really rubbed me the wrong way at the wrong time. I probably would have been a little nicer in my response if there was a little more than "patched apk pls". A little effort, even the smallest amount, can go a long way.

My apologies everyone.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    06-18-14 07:25 AM
    Thank you. Now I just have to hope people bother to look at the first page for the original post...

I don't like to sound like a bully, I think just the wording of that post really rubbed me the wrong way at the wrong time. I probably would have been a little nicer in my response if there was a little more than "patched apk pls". A little effort, even the smallest amount, can go a long way.

My apologies everyone.

No need to apologize. This forum is riddled with those types of post, and it was just a matter of time before someone pointed it out explicitly.

Cobalt, thanks for updating the first post.
    Hopefully it reduces the amount of useless posts in this thread. But I doubt these people even bothered to read the first post.

Fyi -- the faq is still in the works. Just trying to find the best way to present the content (to appease the audience that actually wants to learn more while at the same time getting the critical information to the "quiz up plz" audience).
    06-18-14 09:01 AM
    Hi Cobalt (or anyone else out there)

I'm on vacation currently only with my Z30 and need to somehow get Google naps working with offline maps. I can't patch apps myself right now and what I've just tried to download from this forum hasn't worked for me yet
    I'm on latest 10.2 OS, can someone send (post) me all the latest apk's needed to get Google maps 8.1 (or earlier version) to run with offline maps?

Thanks so much!
    06-18-14 09:08 PM
    To get google maps 8.1 working, you don't need anything special. Google for the apk, download, and install. If you already have snap installed, just install from there.

If you want to log on to your account (to see things like starred places linked to your Google account), follow the instructions in the link below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10175045
    06-18-14 09:23 PM
    Thank you so much, that was so easy
    06-18-14 10:06 PM
    Since this is a new page I'll go ahead and answer the most important question.

Can quiz up be patched?

NO.

Thank you

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3175
    jzajac and gschep like this.
    06-18-14 11:12 PM
    Seriously though, thanks to cobalt and sally for the ongoing support for patching apks. Makes all our lives easier.

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3175
    jzajac likes this.
    06-18-14 11:14 PM
    Seriously though, thanks to cobalt and sally for the ongoing support for patching apks. Makes all our lives easier.

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Absolutely. They've both been extremely helpful in walking me through my potential app issues. The patching method here has been an incredible and vital tool. At first I thought this would all be too difficult and overwhelming, but the instruction and support provided in the threads has built up my confidence as well as my app collection. I couldn't be more grateful.

Sally Mack and Cobalt232 like this.
    06-18-14 11:32 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:19 AM
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:20 AM
    Hi hru

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:20 AM
    Anyway to link my clash of clans to my bb10 device from android device?

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    06-19-14 06:29 PM
    Anyway to link my clash of clans to my bb10 device from android device?

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    Unfortunately not.
    06-19-14 09:07 PM
    Please help me.support android apps in my blackberry z10 please guide me

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 09:09 PM
    Please help me.support android apps in my blackberry z10 please guide me

Posted via CB10
    You need to be more specific. If all you want to do is install an android app, there are plenty of tutorials on crackberry on that topic.

If there is a specific app giving you issues, please post it and we can guide from there.
    06-19-14 10:39 PM
    I've used the 0.9 patcher (from the first post) yesterday on the FlightRadar24 Pro APK. The app actually works now. Big Thanks! Well, it almost works, but I'm not complaining at all, it's good enough for me, but I'll mention what is broken, or what I've observed, if that's of interest/use:

in FlightRadar24, when clicking the little target icon that is supposed to center the map on your location, all I get is a message saying " unable to get your current location, please try again "

I can manually move/zoom the map to my current location, I'm ok with that.

I did check google maps, clicking a similar icon does center the map on my current location, so that functionality does work in another app.

I tried two patched Google Play Services I found linked in this thread, the 4.3.25 and the 4.4.52, both with same result.

--------

On a side note: the Google Play Services included in the 0.9 patcher is of the 4.3.25 version and not the newer 4.4.52. I'm not sure if that's intentional, accidental, or not really important what version is there. I just thought I'd mention it.

--------

Also, my Windows font is set to larger than standard (120 dpi - large resolution on small screen, so larger font was needed). The large font causes the text in the GUI patcher to be cut off (labels not long enough). Not a big deal though. I just used the patcher on an a PC with standard font size, or I could have ignored the cut of text altogether if I don't need to change any of these options.

-------

A question:

I noticed that the command line version of the patcher has an "ad removing" option, I don't see anything like that in the GUI version. Is that the only difference between the two? I'll probably get flamed if this question has been answered in one of the threads, but wholly sh!t, those threads are LONG. I did spend better part of yesterday reading through them partially.
    06-20-14 08:15 AM
    I am also getting the error " unable to get your current location, please try again ". Another problem which I am facing is that when you search for a flight, if you leave the search window open for a few seconds it automatically goes back to map view, r u facing this?
    06-20-14 10:05 AM
    I haven't seen the app, but in the patcher try checking the third box in advanced about signature check before patching.

Also, some apps just suck at finding your location. I think it depends on the methods employed within the android app itself.
    06-20-14 10:07 AM
    Quizup patched apk please..!!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:23 AM
    Quizup patched apk please..!!

Posted via CB10
    Sally Mack likes this.
    06-20-14 10:41 AM
4,042 ... 2526272829 ...