Pretty good job!
    It works great with your new google play services.

I will be trying other apps.
    You are a Google super genius!
    Thanks so much.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 04:28 PM
    Nice to hear that it works. If I get some more positive feedback, I'll include the fix in the Google Play Mini Patcher.

I can remember that there have been some apps that couldn't be patched because recompiling failed when resources where decompiled. These apps should now be able to work.

For the technically interested:
    I changed a method in Google Play services so that it always uses the Google Maps API V2 key that GMAPS Patcher normally injects into AndroidManifest of an app. With the fix, Google Play Services ignores the API key being reported by any app and uses its own key instead. As a result of this, we must no longer patch AndroidManifest of any app.
    Sally Mack and VLinSD like this.
    06-12-14 04:54 PM
    So does this mean we could theoretically patch all v2 api apps without decompiling?

And *most* v1 apps work without patching anyways since 10.2.1.

Seems like that's actually a pretty big breakthrough, especially for those pesky apps that apktool can't handle!
    06-12-14 05:40 PM
    So does this mean we could theoretically patch all v2 api apps without decompiling?

And *most* v1 apps work without patching anyways since 10.2.1.

Seems like that's actually a pretty big breakthrough, especially for those pesky apps that apktool can't handle!

Apps will still have to be patched for Google Play signature checks, but no longer for API V2 key. We need some more testing with apps though to be sure that everything works well.
    06-12-14 05:49 PM
    Sneak Peek... coming soon

Attachment 277766
    06-12-14 06:01 PM
    I recently patched both Uber and Lyft and they work perfectly, using the 0.9 patcher. Excellent!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    06-12-14 11:37 PM
    Hi Svelt, when you patched Uber, did u use the defaults or unchecked "Decompile resources ". Have you used the last snap download of Uber.
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 01:40 AM
    For all those using uber. They have a fully functional mobile site.
    https://m.uber.com/

No need to patch anything. Save to home screen.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 03:46 AM
    Guys, here's a pretty stupid question....I am new to the z30 and wanted to know whether Google Play Services can be uninstalled if nessesary. I am dieing to install the fix but my z30 was given to me by my employer and I need to be able to uninstall apps without having to reset the phone if things go wrong.

Thanks for the advice.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 07:17 PM
    Guys, here's a pretty stupid question....I am new to the z30 and wanted to know whether Google Play Services can be uninstalled if nessesary. I am dieing to install the fix but my z30 was given to me by my employer and I need to be able to uninstall apps without having to reset the phone if things go wrong.

Thanks for the advice.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. Do you know how to uninstall apps from device monitor? Find whatever you install from device monitor, tap uninstall, then do a hard reset of your device.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    06-13-14 07:29 PM
    Found it. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 08:45 PM
    Has anybody managed to patch Chromecast?

As far as I understand Chromecast depends on Google play services.
    06-14-14 09:29 AM
    Has anybody managed to patch Chromecast?

As far as I understand Chromecast depends on Google play services.
    The chromecast App itself Doesn't work... patched or not. But Netflix and some versions of YouTube do.
    06-14-14 10:13 AM
    Hi Svelt, when you patched Uber, did u use the defaults or unchecked "Decompile resources ". Have you used the last snap download of Uber.
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    I used the defaults, but it was with the version before the latest one.
    06-14-14 10:46 PM
    That makes sense. Thanks a lot.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 11:21 PM
    Cobalt232, I really wanted to have Tomtom on my new BB10 z30 (coming from iPhone) and ended up buying it on the Android market and installing it through Snap.

Problem is that when I launch it, it complains about having "No Internet connection", and sometimes shows another error related to Google. Your patched Google play services is installed.

I ended up downloading my purchased apk with Barinstall.com and tried to patch it with your patcher (v. 0.9) but it finds nothing to patch.

Any idea how to fix this app. I regret having paid good $$$ for it....

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 07:33 AM
    How are you folks downloading apks to your pc for patching? It seems the only sites I can grab Boston Metro Cab from are insidious sites. (I'd settle for HailO)

Thanks!
    06-15-14 07:52 AM
    How are you folks downloading apks to your pc for patching? It seems the only sites I can grab Boston Metro Cab from are insidious sites. (I'd settle for HailO)

Thanks!
    I use Snap to save the apk after installing then I transfer it to my laptop for fixing.

Posted via CB10
    mundo472 likes this.
    06-15-14 08:04 AM
    hi, i'm new here, just got my z10 last week. i tried this tool and it come back with this error : "Decompilation of package com.itim.nhanha-16 failed, aborting"
    pls, help!
    06-15-14 09:00 AM

Thanks!
    Use Snap to download the android apps you need. Get it here Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    mundo472 likes this.
    06-15-14 09:23 AM
    hi, i'm new here, just got my z10 last week. i tried this tool and it come back with this error : "Decompilation of package com.itim.nhanha-16 failed, aborting"
    pls, help!
    It's better if you post a link to the app in Play store. that way someone else may try to check what's happening with the app. Though, my PC isn't functional for now, but Cobalt, Sally, or anyone else might chime in and help out.

06-15-14 09:33 AM
    It's better if you post a link to the app in Play store. that way someone else may try to check what's happening with the app. Though, my PC isn't functional for now, but Cobalt, Sally, or anyone else might chime in and help out.

thanks for reply,
    here is the link to the app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.itim.nhanha
    06-15-14 09:39 AM
    Hi,

I have successfully patched quizup APK using the patcher. However, though the error message for the google play services does not appear now, I am not able get pass the login screen which I thoght was Google Play services issue.

Can you pls lookito this? I am giving the links for both patched and original APKs

Patched
    https://mega.co.nz/#!htZTDJYJ!hARVld...GZ0gCCOhXC7-J4

Original
    https://mega.co.nz/#!1sxCQTDA!xxwGR1...cZ58MEJLRDK6Hs
    06-15-14 09:40 AM
    Hi,

I have successfully patched quizup APK using the patcher. However, though the error message for the google play services does not appear now, I am not able get pass the login screen which I thoght was Google Play services issue.

Can you pls lookito this? I am giving the links for both patched and original APKs

Patched
    https://mega.co.nz/#!htZTDJYJ!hARVld...GZ0gCCOhXC7-J4

Original
    https://mega.co.nz/#!1sxCQTDA!xxwGR1...cZ58MEJLRDK6Hs
    That's a known issue. There is no known way of login into Quiz up even after patching.

06-15-14 09:53 AM
    That's a known issue. There is no known way of login into Quiz up even after patching.

Yeah, Quiz Up sadly works in the sense that you can run it, but no amount of patching will fix the ability to actually log in and start playing. Sadly that one is outside of our control.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    06-15-14 10:52 AM
4,042 ... 2324252627 ...