I just updated Mapmyrun in Snap and it completely boned me. It now says I need Google play services. Will this method rectify that?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 09:51 PM
    I just updated Mapmyrun in Snap and it completely boned me. It now says I need Google play services. Will this method rectify that?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it should
    05-22-14 10:24 PM
    Wanted to try the infodata app, however I can't seem to find it. Could you upload the unpatched apk somewhere so I could attempt to patch it?
    05-22-14 10:45 PM
    Wanted to try the infodata app, however I can't seem to find it. Could you upload the unpatched apk somewhere so I could attempt to patch it?
    The OP wrote "infodota" (not infodata).
    05-22-14 11:44 PM
    So 48 hours has passed, and I got the validate user license pop up again. I might just cave and email them to see if they'll unlock my account so I can continue to use the app. If they won't do it then I'll give bPod a try thanks to the suggestion from earlier. Thanks to Cobalt for going through the logfile and to everyone here who offered helpful tips and suggestions! I appreciate all of your help.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Sorry if I'm late with this one... but did you install the patched google play store apk cobalt posted earlier in this thread? If not, try it here https://app.box.com/s/k9wsocp45mneon0wq8lh
    05-23-14 12:06 AM
    The OP wrote "infodota" (not infodata).
    Woops!

Anyhow, I patched the app using cobalt's patcher, and it works perfectly.

My setup:
    - patched google play service 4.3.25 (posted in this thread) installed
    - patched google play store 4.5.10 (posted in this thread on page 5 i believe) installed
    - patched google login services (also on p.5 i believe) installed.
    05-23-14 12:24 AM
    OK, so I followed your steps exactly, using the exact file versions you listed.

And, it works, I can't believe it works!

I hadn't installed the play store or login services previously, so maybe this was my problem?

Thank you so much for your help Sally, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
    05-23-14 02:14 AM
    Thanks for all your work on this. I've managed to get a number of apps working that didn't work at all, plus a number of others with maps functionality where it was missing before, just by installing your Google Play Services and patching the app with the patcher:

MapMyRide - New version 3.0 would not work at all, now works fine with Google Maps integration
    Strava - would not work at all, now works fine with Google Maps integration
    McDonalds UK - Worked but no maps before, now has Google Maps
    Aldi - Worked but no maps before, now has Google Maps
    Inrix - would not work at all, now works fine with Google Maps integration

The only app that I couldn't get to work was Tripadvisor (which was one of those that worked but moaned about Play Services when you tried to look at a map). I patched it the same as all the others but for some reason it would not install properly. It failed half way through, leaving an Icon on the Start Screen which did nothing.

Just a shame that we can't log in to Google maps at the same time - is that never going to be possible?

Cheers.
    05-23-14 01:02 PM
    EDIT: never mind, I found it lol
    05-23-14 02:01 PM
    Donkeyfumbler,

You can actually get Tripadvisor to work with a small modification to the usual patching process. Search this thread for "tripadvisor" and look for cobalt's post on how to patch it.

Also, google maps login *can* work. For version 7+, you have to trade off that Google play services functionality .

BUT, if you don't want to trade off google play services functionality, google maps 6.14.x works fine with login (and performs more smoothly imo).
    Donkeyfumbler likes this.
    05-23-14 03:58 PM
    Thanks Sally - I found the post and now have Tripadvisor working fine as well.

It would be really useful (to stop lazy sods like me, who don't use the search function properly, asking questions that have already been answered) if there was a list of apps that the patcher fixes and what extra steps (if any) need to be done other than patching in the normal way and installing the Google Play Services APK. Maybe expand on the brief list of apps that Cobalt already mentions in the first post. After all, the more people realise that even some of the more 'awkward' apps can be made to run on BB10 (and easily too) the better.

I also realise that Google Login can work, but just not at the same time as Google Play services are installed - is it one of those things that will never work, or is there a chance Cobalt (or someone with similar skills) can sort it out some day?
    05-23-14 04:27 PM
    Good points donkey (can I call you that? )

I've been considering doing a faq with a summation of all the great knowledge being lost in monstrous threads. I wouldn't want to go into specific apps, as all that can change.

Regarding the app list, I've got some ideas in the hopper to really make something better than just a list, but would need the help of some devs to transform it from concept to reality. Unfortunately, this is all a hobby for us, so it's hard to get time/resources devoted to our little side project that in its current state, still gets the job done.
    05-23-14 05:13 PM
    Hi.. i downloaded facebook from snap and the videos doesnt work.. can anyone help me??

01BC aiv detsoP
    05-23-14 05:57 PM
    Hi.. i downloaded facebook from snap and the videos doesnt work.. can anyone help me??

01BC aiv detsoP
    No, nothing here will fix what you describe.
    05-23-14 08:02 PM
    I didn't realise that play services was patched and updated via snap. It obviously crashed upon launch and now whenever I reinstall the patched version it still crashes. Am I going to need to wipe my device to fix this or are there changes I need to undo before reinstalling the patched version? Thanks for all the work you've done on this its great to have fully functioning android apps on my z10, hopefully one day this will be in the runtime (which I also tried reinstalling btw).

Posted via CB10
    jojo algnas likes this.
    05-23-14 08:24 PM
    I installed the Google play services, Google login services, and play store available in this thread. Logged in and enabled the Web history. Services showed my account logged in but the play store does not. I copied a version of play movies and patched it with the patch tool. It opens and shows me logged in and all my movies are there. Most of the time it stops and closes. Sometimes it stays open long enough to try and open a movie. I got as far as the video player but then stops and give a message about unable to fetch license. I have reset the device same outcome. I am kinda stuck. Is there a work around for this that anyone knows of? Thanks to all.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 09:30 PM
    I searched for Sygic in the this thread but couldn't find any info about it, it also ask for google play services, has anyone patched it, does it work?
    05-23-14 09:36 PM
    Thanks Sally and everyone who's working on this!

Question: I tried to patch Fifa 14 and it said no patch was necessary. Anyone here find a workaround to unlock game modes?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 10:17 PM
    CB10

Q5
    05-24-14 05:04 AM
    Hello,

I have a question about the Google play app (vending). I have previously install the Google account.

I have successfully installed the vending once on my Z30 with ths OS 10.3. I have uninstalled it (but i should not have done this). I try to reinstall it but the installator say "impossible to install it".

I have reload the device with no success.

Have you ever had this issue ?

Thanks by advance,
    Last edited by Tolsimir; 05-24-14 at 07:24 AM. Reason: App name error
    05-24-14 05:24 AM
    So does this mean that Google Play Services is always running? My battery life has really gone down since I started using Android apps.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-24-14 10:38 AM
    How can I get Quickoffice To work? I have the patched Google play settings (from the output folder), login service, map and Google play store (from pg5) installed after installing the patched Quickoffice (and play settings) apk's from the output folder.

It doesn't get past the initial login screen. I'm signed into maps BTW.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2234-RA:2274"the iPhone Nemesis"
    05-26-14 12:52 AM
    Do I also need to patch Google Maps app itself?
    I want to be able to open Google Maps -> login -> and view my location history, favorites etc
    I downloaded Google Maps using SNAP. It opens but I am not able to login to Google Maps. So, I need to patch it using this tool?

Also, do I need to install any additional apps? Someone mentioned I have to install Google Login Service.
    So, do I also have to patch Google Login Service using this patcher?
    05-26-14 01:36 PM
    Ok, we have two cases here. One is the Google Maps thing and the other one the Garmin case.

So first we are going to look at Google Maps and how to get the starred places:
    • Download latest Google Maps using Snap (or get it here)
    • Install Google Login Services from here
    • Install Google Play Store from here
    • Go to Google Maps settings and login from there, do not login directly in Google Account app
    • Go to https://history.google.com/history/settings?hl=en and activate webhistory
    • Run Google Maps, press and hold on any spot to save a location

If you don't like the notifications Google Maps is sending to your hub, you can deactivate them like this:
    • Install Ghost Commander from BB App world and run it
    • Go to Apps, find Google Maps, press and hold until you see Manage, deselect notifications

Please note, that you can not see the starred places if you have Google Play Services (com.google.android.gms.apk) installed together with Google Login Services. The two interfere with each other. It's one or the other.

Youtube and every Googe+ dependent app does not work. This can't be fixed right now.
    Thanks. Two questions -

1. The files you linked to (Google Login & Google Play) - are they already patched or do I need to patch them before installing?

2. Why do I need Google Play if installing it prevents me from viewing *starred* locations? Why install Google Play if you only need Google Login for fully working maps? In fact, Google Play seems to be interfering here.
    05-26-14 01:49 PM
    Thanks. Two questions -

1. The files you linked to (Google Login & Google Play) - are they already patched or do I need to patch them before installing?

2. Why do I need Google Play if installing it prevents me from viewing *starred* locations? Why install Google Play if you only need Google Login for fully working maps? In fact, Google Play seems to be interfering here.
    1. Just install and go. Cobalt's got you covered .

2. Google play *services* is what interferes with Google maps 7+. HOWEVER, for apps that require google play services (like yelp, uber, Hailo, etc), the only way to get them to run is by patching them and installing google play services.

So you can choose what to install, depending on your needs. If you're only interested in a fully functioning google maps, no need to install Google play services. If you're interested in other apps that require google play services, you may need to sacrifice the ability to login to google maps (or do what I do, and use Google maps 6.14).
    chrysaurora likes this.
    05-26-14 02:50 PM
4,042 ... 1920212223 ...