I ran the logger to try and record what's happening, which apparently I need to make another post for as Mobile Nations is blocking me from doing it all at once...
    Well, Mobile Nations won't let me post any of the log for some reason. I keep getting some access denied message when I post. I guess I could send the log in a message to someone if they wanted to look at it.
    05-16-14 10:10 AM
    I guess if all else fails I could always email them with my copy of the Google Play purchase receipt and explain how well the app has worked on my Z10. Maybe if I ask nicely they'll unblock me? I hope so at least.
    05-16-14 10:14 AM
    I guess if all else fails I could always email them with my copy of the Google Play purchase receipt and explain how well the app has worked on my Z10. Maybe if I ask nicely they'll unblock me? I hope so at least.
    You could try bPod which is a native BlackBerry app and pretty good. Doesn't help with the money you already paid for the android app though.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.296 (.441 radio)
    05-16-14 10:20 AM
    You could try bPod which is a native BlackBerry app and pretty good. Doesn't help with the money you already paid for the android app though.

Yeah, when I paid the money I had tried all of the available native options and found they were horrible, though at that time there were only two of them and bPod was not one of them. Pocket Casts did everything I needed and more. I begged them to consider porting over to BB10 but they were very against that idea so I just kept quiet as a paying customer thanks to Snap. Now I might have to come clean and reveal I'm a proud user of their service on my Z10.
    05-16-14 10:46 AM
    Yeah, when I paid the money I had tried all of the available native options and found they were horrible, though at that time there were only two of them and bPod was not one of them. Pocket Casts did everything I needed and more. I begged them to consider porting over to BB10 but they were very against that idea so I just kept quiet as a paying customer thanks to Snap. Now I might have to come clean and reveal I'm a proud user of their service on my Z10.
    bPod is being actively developed and developer is frequently in the Forums seeking feedback. Worth a try, I think.

jzajac likes this.
    05-16-14 12:46 PM
    bPod is being actively developed and developer is frequently in the Forums seeking feedback. Worth a try, I think.

If this fails to work out with Pocket Casts, I'll be sure to make this my next option. Thanks for the heads up.
    05-16-14 01:56 PM
    Have you tried simply installing the com.android.vending.apk file posted somewhere in this thread? Sometimes that gets rid of those validation errors.
    05-16-14 02:22 PM
    Have you tried simply installing the com.android.vending.apk file posted somewhere in this thread? Sometimes that gets rid of those validation errors.
    Yes, the last date I installed it (or at least moved the apk to my device to install) was on March 30. I'm not sure if there has been an updated version somewhere out there I can try. Today I deleted everything and reinstalled from the apk files, still the same result. If it was just the pop up I could work with it, but until I get it resolved I can't download any new episodes through the app or actively sync my account to back anything up. So far my only real work around has been to uninstall the app and reinstall the app to start that counter over again and download what I can for the 48 hours that it will work.
    05-16-14 02:50 PM
    Yes, the last date I installed it (or at least moved the apk to my device to install) was on March 30. I'm not sure if there has been an updated version somewhere out there I can try. Today I deleted everything and reinstalled from the apk files, still the same result. If it was just the pop up I could work with it, but until I get it resolved I can't download any new episodes through the app or actively sync my account to back anything up. So far my only real work around has been to uninstall the app and reinstall the app to start that counter over again and download what I can for the 48 hours that it will work.
    If you send me a copy of the file and I can look into the code to see what causes the app to pop-up the message.
    jzajac likes this.
    05-16-14 03:01 PM
    Hi Cobalt!

Have you tried the latest play services on Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175?

It force closes...

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    05-16-14 05:25 PM
    Any idea how to get Navigon?... Or any decent fitness app running? Runkeeper lite, Runtastic lite... -google services problems, probably also google map issues.
    05-16-14 05:28 PM
    Any idea how to get Navigon?... Or any decent fitness app running? Runkeeper lite, Runtastic lite... -google services problems, probably also google map issues.
    Regarding the fitness apps... check out the first post of this thread for patching instructions.
    05-16-14 07:17 PM
    If you send me a copy of the file and I can look into the code to see what causes the app to pop-up the message.
    So I'm getting a "Mobile Nations Access Denied" message even when I try to send the log through private message...they must really not want me to try and figure this out!
    05-16-14 07:17 PM
    It's probably better to upload the file to a file sharing site like mega.co.nz and send the link.
    05-16-14 08:57 PM
    Hi, stupid question, but I understand the patcher fixed dependencies to google Maps... however, google Maps apl seems to work quite well installed from Snap (other than being unable to log in); so, if we have installed google Mpas apk, is removing the maps dependency advisable? Also, references are made in several places to com.android.vending.apk ... I found no easy place to download this file (not on Snap or google search...); any help? thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 04:01 AM
    Hi, stupid question, but I understand the patcher fixed dependencies to google Maps... however, google Maps apl seems to work quite well installed from Snap (other than being unable to log in); so, if we have installed google Mpas apk, is removing the maps dependency advisable? Also, references are made in several places to com.android.vending.apk ... I found no easy place to download this file (not on Snap or google search...); any help? thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Your question is'nt stupid at all. All you must know is, that the patcher is not used to patch the Google Maps app itself. It is used to patch other apps, like Hailocab, Strava or Lyft that depend on the Google Maps API v1 and v2 (and Google Play).

You can download the Google Vending (aka Google Play Store) file here
    ma678 likes this.
    05-17-14 04:56 AM
    Thanks to Cobalt for taking a look at my log file. I took your advice and searched out an update to Google Login Services. I installed it today and performed a hard reboot to try and refresh the android runtime, and now I play the waiting game to see if the license pop up will return in about 36 hours.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    05-17-14 10:22 AM
    Hi Cobalt!

Have you tried the latest play services on Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/e4eteqa7.jpg

It force closes...

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    On it...
    zocster likes this.
    05-17-14 12:17 PM
    Some news concerning Google Play:

I patched the latest version of Google Play (v4.4.48). You can download it here

I also did some testing with the new OS 10.3 release on my Q10. Google Play Services doesn't work on that beta build and I tried to figure out what's going wrong. I tracked down the problem to the account management. It looks like the newly implemented account features of 10.3 cause Google Play to fail when reading the installed accounts on the device. It is to early to get a final picture on this, as the 10.3 builds are in an early state. I'll do some retesting with a newer build when it gets available.
    tryfe, zocster, jzajac and 2 others like this.
    05-17-14 02:23 PM

I also did some testing with the new OS 10.3 release on my Q10. Google Play Services doesn't work on that beta build and I tried to figure out what's going wrong. I tracked down the problem to the account management. It looks like the newly implemented account features of 10.3 cause Google Play to fail when reading the installed accounts on the device. It is to early to get a final picture on this, as the 10.3 builds are in an early state. I'll do some retesting with a newer build when it gets available.
    That explains why I keep getting the error messages from Maps and Yelp; although in Maps's case I'm logged in and able to use it normally.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 03:11 PM
    Cobalt232,

If all is fine with current patched Google Play, any reason to update to v4.4.48?
    05-17-14 04:50 PM
    No reason. Optimizations are for Kitkat only (4.4)

Sent from my Q10 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-17-14 05:03 PM
    Unreal man, you guys did some serious work here, This helps alot.
    i'm trying to get "pushbulit" to work, very handy android app, i think i'll figure it out eventually. I've read through alot.
    -first was 'play service unavailable' now inside pushbullet 'we had trouble signing into your account' (it has run through GMaps patcher)
    Here is patched Apk of pushbullet: https://mega.co.nz/#!7U8ASZSa!BbJ0Nd...G_qLxjzXhp60i0
    Last edited by w1ndex11; 05-17-14 at 07:42 PM.
    05-17-14 07:30 PM
    I have tried patching pushbullet but it still doesn't work, I guess it is one of those apps which wont work
    05-18-14 09:23 AM

Hey cobalt thanks for your hard work updated to maps 8.0 and to newest patched Google play services.
    Getting a Google play services has stopped on Google maps after updating it shows that I'm logged in but won't save most visited or offline maps. I also have login and vending services found in this forum as well. Will report back on other apps.
    05-18-14 12:43 PM
4,042 ... 1718192021 ...