Has anyone successfully patched Tomtom? May I ask where I can find after downloading it via Snap?

Thanks.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    05-14-14 11:23 AM
    Has anyone successfully patched Tomtom? May I ask where I can find after downloading it via Snap?

Thanks.

You can find out where apk's are being stored by swiping down from the top to access your settings and check the part where it says "post-install behaviour".

In my case I store them on device/downloads.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140514_135213.png
    05-14-14 12:53 PM
    Sally Mack,
    I find the apk file with the exception of one.
    RVAHOMES doesn't appear when I d/l and even when I do a search, it doesn't find it?

Any thoughts? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 03:54 PM
    Sally Mack,
    I find the apk file with the exception of one.
    RVAHOMES doesn't appear when I d/l and even when I do a search, it doesn't find it?

Any thoughts? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    When I search for it on Google play it says not compatible with any of my devices (that's why it's not appearing in your search results in snap). It might only be available in certain countries or for certain hardware.
    05-14-14 04:04 PM
    You can find out where apk's are being stored by swiping down from the top to access your settings and check the part where it says "post-install behaviour".

In my case I store them on device/downloads.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140514_135213.png 
Views:	3358 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	270562
    That's the default folder where Snap moves apk after installation; however, Tomtom isn't there. I guess it must have some protection to stop me to save the apk.

05-14-14 04:17 PM
    That's the default folder where Snap moves apk after installation; however, Tomtom isn't there. I guess it must have some protection to stop me to save the apk.

Under "Post-Install Behaviour": Payed apps cannot be moved and are deleted afte successful install.

Is TomTom a payed app?
    05-14-14 04:27 PM
    Under "Post-Install Behaviour": Payed apps cannot be moved and are deleted afte successful install.

Is TomTom a payed app?
    That explains. Yes, I paid for it in Play Store.

Is there any workaround I can save paid apps?

Thanks.

05-14-14 04:33 PM
    I don't know about any way.
    05-14-14 04:41 PM
    Get ES File Explorer and back up the paid app. It will put the APK in the backup folder. I saved one of my paid apps that way.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 04:49 PM
    Get ES File Explorer and back up the paid app. It will put the APK in the backup folder. I saved one of my paid apps that way.

Posted via CB10
    I will try that.

Thanks.

05-14-14 05:43 PM
    I just patched the Google Login Services from GAPPS for Android 4.3. I have noticed no changes, looks the same to me. But anyway, if may work better with BB OS 10.3

GoogleLoginServices for Android 4.3
    Sally Mack likes this.
    05-14-14 05:59 PM
    I've actually patched the Garmin connect app successfully in the past. From what I recall it was pretty straight forward. Will have a look tonight to see what's happening in the patcher.
    Just tried patching and it went off flawless. Give this a shot: https://app.box.com/s/cclmaihiyrt3xgck3d9p

On a side note, these sorts of errors (not patching something which should be patched), is usually a result of your JRE install not working correctly (or non existent, or path not configured properly in the patcher).
    Sky ryen likes this.
    05-14-14 10:31 PM
    I just patched the Google Login Services from GAPPS for Android 4.3. I have noticed no changes, looks the same to me. But anyway, if may work better with BB OS 10.3

GoogleLoginServices for Android 4.3
    Apps still crash for me I'm using the runtime from the sdk over .296.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 11:03 PM
    Try searching for "rva homes". Snap found version 2.3.4.MR2.
    05-15-14 12:01 AM
    Just tried patching and it went off flawless. Give this a shot: https://app.box.com/s/cclmaihiyrt3xgck3d9p

On a side note, these sorts of errors (not patching something which should be patched), is usually a result of your JRE install not working correctly (or non existent, or path not configured properly in the patcher).
    It works now...no more Google Play errors and I can see my activities, charts and even the map works. You just made my day Sally! And kudos to Cobalt and team too!

I'm not sure what went wrong with my JRE...will have to get that sorted. :-)
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    05-15-14 02:33 AM
    I've been following this thread for a couple months, trying various methods and even loading Cobalt's patched versions of GMS, Maps, GPS, etc. since my own patches won't work. If I use the patched versions from various posters here in the thread, I usually have no issue getting technically signed into Maps, in where I enter my info into the login and it shows me logged in, but that's just window dressing - when I try to assign home and/or work locations or download for offline use, it wants me to sign in even though it says I already am. When I patch my own, however, Maps won't even load, plus it seems to slow my STL100-4 down overall.

Any ideas anyone? I'm fresh out.

Device: STL100-4/10.3.0.296 (apk behavior has been identical across OS versions)
    PC: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    05-15-14 11:37 AM
    I've been following this thread for a couple months, trying various methods and even loading Cobalt's patched versions of GMS, Maps, GPS, etc. since my own patches won't work. If I use the patched versions from various posters here in the thread, I usually have no issue getting technically signed into Maps, in where I enter my info into the login and it shows me logged in, but that's just window dressing - when I try to assign home and/or work locations or download for offline use, it wants me to sign in even though it says I already am. When I patch my own, however, Maps won't even load, plus it seems to slow my STL100-4 down overall.

Any ideas anyone? I'm fresh out.

Device: STL100-4/10.3.0.296 (apk behavior has been identical across OS versions)
    PC: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    These tips should help:

1. Do not patch Google Maps!
    2. Do not install Google Play (com.google.android.gms)
    3. Install Google Login Service
    4. Install Google Vending
    5. Activate Webhistory on https://history.google.com/history/settings?hl=en
    05-15-14 01:06 PM
    These tips should help:

So depending on apps I have to choose from either having Google Vending or Google Play installed, but not both?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:48 PM
    These tips should help:

Perfect.

Had a couple hiccups with the Vending sign-in where it seemed to be stuck in a loop, but after exiting that and opening Maps I'm signed in and everything works as expected; although it did time out while opening for the first time after delete/reinstall.
    05-15-14 02:20 PM
    So depending on apps I have to choose from either having Google Vending or Google Play installed, but not both?

Posted via CB10
    Yep. The two apps interfere with each other.
    05-15-14 02:30 PM
    Cobalt32: You have done a wonderful thing to find a way to patch Android apps to work on BB10s. I am not as technically proficient as most of the other posters -- but that's why I appreciate your product so much.

My question: Would it be possible to create an online library of patched Android apks that non-technical users like me can go to download apps that will work right away on the BB10 without having to patch each one, transfer it to the BB, and then pray that it works?
    05-15-14 04:43 PM
    Cobalt32: You have done a wonderful thing to find a way to patch Android apps to work on BB10s. I am not as technically proficient as most of the other posters -- but that's why I appreciate your product so much.

My question: Would it be possible to create an online library of patched Android apks that non-technical users like me can go to download apps that will work right away on the BB10 without having to patch each one, transfer it to the BB, and then pray that it works?
    I want to forward this request to the team and the other readers of this thread. Shall we create a sub thread, something like a wiki, where we can manage know-how and a list of patched files?
    05-15-14 04:46 PM
    I want to forward this request to the team and the other readers of this thread. Shall we create a sub thread, something like a wiki, where we can manage know-how and a list of patched files?
    I was thinking of a faq with links to more detailed tutorials, etc. I've been meaning to compile a list of faqs but haven't found the time for it yet.
    Sky ryen and polgara59 like this.
    05-15-14 06:13 PM
    These tips should help:

Merci!!!! it works!!!
    05-16-14 03:24 AM
    Cobalt, Sally, and anybody else who might be able to help,

I apologize in advance, this one might take up some room. A recent update of an app I bought through Google Play is starting to give me some issues. I've been using Pocket Casts as my BB10 podcast app for a long time and with the most recent update I have noticed that after 48 hours I get this message:
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-img_20140513_151731.png

Piracy is bad, and I would feel bad if they didn't already receive my money. Anyway, I used the method that Sally recommended a while back about tracking down your .apk files for paid apps using barinstall.com and tried to patch it. After 48 hours the license validation popup returned. I've tried a few different combinations and always find myself coming up to this message two days later. I ran the logger to try and record what's happening, which apparently I need to make another post for as Mobile Nations is blocking me from doing it all at once...
    05-16-14 10:05 AM
4,042 ... 1617181920 ...