Do the following:

1. Install Google Login Services
    2. Install Google Maps
    3. Go to Google Maps options and log in from there

Then run the Garmin app.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 04:49 PM
    Thank you for your patience cobalt232
    Which Google Maps apk should I grab and install?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 05:03 PM
    No need to wait. Install the package below and you are ready to go. Just tested it on my Q10.
    Google Login Services
    Maps not working with this, unless I'm missing a dozen other steps required. I just downloaded it, ran Google maps, signed in, but then it never shows me my activity. Tested on Youtube and it didn't work either...
    03-27-14 06:26 PM
    Maps not working with this, unless I'm missing a dozen other steps required. I just downloaded it, ran Google maps, signed in, but then it never shows me my activity. Tested on Youtube and it didn't work either...
    Ok, we have two cases here. One is the Google Maps thing and the other one the Garmin case.

So first we are going to look at Google Maps and how to get the starred places:
    • Download latest Google Maps using Snap (or get it here)
    • Install Google Login Services from here
    • Install Google Play Store from here
    • Go to Google Maps settings and login from there, do not login directly in Google Account app
    • Go to https://history.google.com/history/settings?hl=en and activate webhistory
    • Run Google Maps, press and hold on any spot to save a location

If you don't like the notifications Google Maps is sending to your hub, you can deactivate them like this:
    • Install Ghost Commander from BB App world and run it
    • Go to Apps, find Google Maps, press and hold until you see Manage, deselect notifications

Please note, that you can not see the starred places if you have Google Play Services (com.google.android.gms.apk) installed together with Google Login Services. The two interfere with each other. It's one or the other.

Youtube and every Googe+ dependent app does not work. This can't be fixed right now.
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 04-08-14 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Added Google Play Store
    03-28-14 02:32 AM
    Hi Cobalt232, I installed Google Maps from the link you posted above and logged in through there, and guess what?...............

.........my Garmin Smartphone Link app only bloomin' well works! You are a magician Thanks so much.
    Sally Mack likes this.
    03-28-14 03:51 AM
    .........my Garmin Smartphone Link app only bloomin' well works! You are a magician Thanks so much.
    Happy I could help.
    03-28-14 05:19 AM
    Ok guys I need this but the first post is all mumbo jumbo to me. It makes no sense there are letters like this b> I don't know what I am suppose to do.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 10:11 PM
    Ok guys I need this but the first post is all mumbo jumbo to me. It makes no sense there are letters like this b> I don't know what I am suppose to do.

Posted via CB10
    Read the post from a browser, and not the buggy cb10 app.
    03-28-14 10:13 PM
    Any luck with QuizUp?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 01:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Use a desktop browser as Sally suggested or do as I do and use the Android version of the Crackberry app. It works great and even has notifications. Get it with Snap.
    03-29-14 04:05 AM
    Any luck with QuizUp?

Posted via CB10
    You can patch Quizup but it will not allow you to log in. No fix for this at the moment.
    03-29-14 04:07 AM
    You can patch Quizup but it will not allow you to log in. No fix for this at the moment.
    Thanks for the update.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 01:33 PM
    Hi Cobalt, couple of Q's -

1. The patched Groupon .apk you kindly provided on the first page crashes when I download and install it, after the sign-in page. Would it be safe to assume it wouldn't crash if I tried to patch it myself?

2. Does the patched Google maps show/autofill a history of searched locations when you sign into it and type a location? I don't used starred places, but it would be nice to not have to type in certain addresses over and over again. AFAIK the Android version of GMaps will autofill the search bar with places you have typed in before. Or is manually starring places the only solution to saving them?
    03-29-14 01:34 PM
    Hi Cobalt, couple of Q's -

1. The patched Groupon .apk you kindly provided on the first page crashes when I download and install it, after the sign-in page. Would it be safe to assume it wouldn't crash if I tried to patch it myself?

2. Does the patched Google maps show/autofill a history of searched locations when you sign into it and type a location? I don't used starred places, but it would be nice to not have to type in certain addresses over and over again. AFAIK the Android version of GMaps will autofill the search bar with places you have typed in before. Or is manually starring places the only solution to saving them?
    Here the answers.

Question 1:
    I just installed the Groupon app and used an email address to register. It worked without any problems. Did not try Facebook login though. A once patched app will work on any device. The patching is in not device dependent.

Question 2:
    I have forgotten to mention that you must have Google Play Store installed to see the starred places in Google Maps. I missed this one because I always have it on my device. Download it here

I updated the how to some posts before so that the directions now are complete.
    svelt likes this.
    03-29-14 02:52 PM
    I have forgotten to mention that you must have Google Play Store installed to see the starred places in Google Maps. I missed this one because I always have it on my device. Download it here

I updated the how to some posts before so that the directions now are complete.
    Will this work even with Google play services installed as well? I've been on maps 6.4.14 since I need Google play services and the starred places as well.
    03-29-14 03:28 PM
    Unfortunately starred places only work, if google play is not installed.

Sent from my Q10 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-29-14 03:49 PM
    I cannot get the Play Store apk to install. I keep getting unable to install app and it's driving me bonkers. Help please!
    03-29-14 05:26 PM
    This could be due to mismatching signatures. It may help to remove Google Play Services and Google Login Services. Then reboot the phone, and verify with Ghost Commander, that everything has been correctly deleted.

Then install Playstore apk first, after that Google Login services. Use the files from this post.

Hope this helps.
    JimelZ10 and tjenvjnh like this.
    03-29-14 05:43 PM
    Anybody tried this with clash of clans?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 05:49 PM
    This could be due to mismatching signatures. It may help to remove Google Play Services and Google Login Services. Then reboot the phone, and verify with Ghost Commander, that everything has been correctly deleted.

Then install Playstore apk first, after that Google Login services. Use the files from this post.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you! I'm going to try this in a bit and hopefully it will work.
    03-29-14 06:01 PM
    Ok question do I just click the download button from my phone? I did and it brought up a screen with a circle with dots moving around it but nothing else. How do I download it sorry too many pages to try and read through.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:01 AM
    What?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:02 AM
4,042 ... 34567 ...