@Colbalt - installed all following the txt, Google services fails on load for any apps requiring it. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 04:09 PM
    @Colbalt - installed all following the txt, Google services fails on load for any apps requiring it. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Did you also install the patched google services apk? Com.google.android.gms.apk I think is the filename. It would be in the output folder along with the patched apk you would have installed.
    03-16-14 07:39 PM
    Did you install Google play services From the Output folder?

Edit: Just installed it myself. Something is going wrong indeed. Looking into it right now.
    A question about the google Play services: While this app did not work anyway, when the google services apk file is created in the Output folder, that means it should be loaded along with the PATCH apk file for other conversions?

And I did load onebusaway into the Patcher and it worked WELL (so thanks). (in that case there was no google service apk. So, I guess that the second apk is not always needed and not always created???
    03-16-14 09:26 PM
    A question about the google Play services: While this app did not work anyway, when the google services apk file is created in the Output folder, that means it should be loaded along with the PATCH apk file for other conversions?

And I did load onebusaway into the Patcher and it worked WELL (so thanks). (in that case there was no google service apk. So, I guess that the second apk is not always needed and not always created???
    It's not a dynamically generated file (i.e. It's always the same). Cobalt includes it as a courtesy. So you should only need to install it once, no matter what app(s) is being patched.

To answer your question, depending on the dependencies, the google play services apk is not always required. But having it in there will not cause any harm (and again, you only need to install it once).
    FF22 likes this.
    03-16-14 10:13 PM
    Hi... juz wanna share d forum link on update google play services
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=914605

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 08:19 AM
    Can someone please post a (non-mega) mirror for the tool? I can't get anything to download on my work browser from mega (and it's not working on my Q10 either). Have to use the work comp, as it's a PC. (It looks like it's downloading, but then says "failed to download" everytime).

--NEVERMIND..

got it to work on my Q10... was because I was trying to open it in the CB app and it was trying to load the webpage instead of going to the actual app. weird work around, but it downloaded fine.
    Last edited by bermie2000; 03-17-14 at 10:16 AM.
    03-17-14 09:57 AM
    Here's another question:
    Does this fix Google Drive? (I've never used an Android, so am not sure, but whenever I try to load my Snap-loaded Google Drive app, it simply states "No google accounts found, app exiting--I was assuming this may have to do with Google Play, please let me know if incorrect). I've tried "patching" it, and it says "Nothing to patch." (after checking for Google dependencies) and that it doesn't require patching.)
    Just wanted to see if I'm doing something wrong
    03-17-14 10:43 AM
    Google drive doesn't work
    03-17-14 11:52 AM
    M... Mac? Or if someone can provide the SnapChat patched apk? *pokes oldsoul123*
    I have the patched apk on my PC. I could email it to you if I knew your email address.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 01:15 PM
    Where is Patched Google Maps? Is that in the patch tool or is that something I've to separately download?

Also, does this enable Google Hangouts app / Google Talk/Voice apps?
    03-17-14 04:11 PM
    Got the Google maps patched in working and signed in. Any fixes for YouTube?

I honestly only want Google services so I can use my Chromecast at home!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 04:36 PM
    Where is Patched Google Maps? Is that in the patch tool or is that something I've to separately download?

Also, does this enable Google Hangouts app / Google Talk/Voice apps?
    You don't need to patch Google Maps itself. It works without any modifications. Hangouts and talk/voice require google+ login and do not work.
    03-17-14 04:57 PM
    Anybody get the QuizUp apk to successfully patched and working? I am receiving an error that the file cannot be rebuilt.
    03-18-14 08:47 AM
    Anybody get the QuizUp apk to successfully patched and working? I am receiving an error that the file cannot be rebuilt.
    Have you try unchecking the 'Decompile resources (disable if rebuilding fails) ' checkbox from the Options->Advanced section?
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-decompile.jpg
    03-18-14 11:40 AM
    I am looking for this too..

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 06:40 PM
    I got QuizUp successfully patched BUT I cant get it to connect to facebook or allow me to create an account from the app. Don't have a Google+ account so I can't see if that works. :-/

It's weird because it will get me to the point where I say yes to allowing QuizUp to connect to my fb profile but then it just goes back to the main menu.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 09:58 PM
    Hi Cobalt,

I think I've come across a bug... while trying to patch the crowdcare apk (found here https://app.box.com/s/sb597z6o6w2n3pngi71e ) using your windows patcher I get the following:
    Processing D:\Downloads\GMaps_Patcher_Win\Wysdom-1369.1.apk
    [Decompiling with resources]
    Done.
    [Checking for Google dependencies]
    Google Play Services dependencies detected
    Obfuscated method in ank.smali detected
    [Patching Google Play Services]
    The method .method public static a(Landroid/content/ContextI could not be found
    Nothing to patch.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.

I've tried the same apk using the command prompt 2.7.3 and it patches just fine. Of course I've patched a ton of other apks, so things like java7, etc are all good.

Thanks!
    03-18-14 10:23 PM
    Hi Cobalt,
    I think I've come across a bug... while trying to patch the crowdcare apk (found here https://app.box.com/s/sb597z6o6w2n3pngi71e )
    Confirmed. It's a bug with regular expressions handling. Going to fix it. Thanks for reporting :-)
    03-19-14 06:29 AM
    Does this work with the YouTube app? Also when trying to use this it says something about my java path or something like that. I'm trying it on a surface pro 2, should that be an issue?

Sent from my Z30 or Surface Pro 2
    03-19-14 11:02 AM
    Does this work with the YouTube app? Also when trying to use this it says something about my java path or something like that. I'm trying it on a surface pro 2, should that be an issue?

Sent from my Z30 or Surface Pro 2
    It should work on a Surface but it must have Java 7 Runtime installed. This is mandatory, as the de-/recompiling is done with APKTool which is built on Java.
    russmov likes this.
    03-19-14 11:57 AM
    There is a new version 0.4 of the patcher available. The original post has been updated.

Changelog:
    • Fix: Obfuscated methods in some rare cases not detected (nothing to patch message)
    • Fix: Improved error handling
    • Fix: Path to \lib Folder did not update correctly in ini file if patcher was copied to another directory
    • New: APK's are now decompiled into \tmp folder and cleaned up after patching
    • New. Reduction of memory usage on device by using Zipaling after signing.

For more Information about the advantages of zipaligining you may want to read this:
    Zipalign - Android Developers

Happy testing!
    03-19-14 12:51 PM
    It would be nice to have a link to a thread with a compatibility list of all apps successfully patched and are now working for the less technically inclined folks or people who are new to the platform and just to reach a much wider audience. This is great stuff here. It helps out a lot with one of the biggest issues with Android App compatibility on the BB10 platforms. I get the feeling that not enough people knows about this and that something should be done about it. Does Kevin know about this yet? I would love to see a CrackBerry Article on the front page for this extremely important tool at this stage. It would be nice if this could be integrated at the OS level or if a BlackBerry App can be made which can perform the same functions, maybe on the fly.

Posted via CB10
    Acchaladka likes this.
    03-20-14 06:40 AM
    I successfully patched the Groupon APK and installed it with the com.google.android.gms.apk but got this after install...

Install com.groupon-patched.apk: failure 500 'Package-Id'
    Info: Action: Install
    Info: File size: 12627446
    Info: Installing ...
    Info: Processing 12627446 bytes
    actual_dname::
    actual_id::
    actual_version::
    result::failure 500 'Package-Id'
    Any ideas?
    03-20-14 01:27 PM
    You tried to install the package with a bar installer (maybe Snap installer?)

Just copy the Apk to your Device using usb and no Tool and then install from there.

Sent from my Q10 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-20-14 01:32 PM
    Can we start a comprehensive list of successfully patched apps? This will surely be picked up by the CrackBerry team at some point so it's good to have a list readily available.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    03-21-14 04:22 AM
4,042 12345 ...