Here is the APK file. Yes, I do have the Java file. first time when i started the patcher, it complained about Java path and I corrected the path.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfvbh0wmbe..._2.10.3166.apk
    03-15-14 06:58 PM
    Here is the APK file. Yes, I do have the Java file. first time when i started the patcher, it complained about Java path and I corrected the path.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfvbh0wmbe..._2.10.3166.apk
    I did some testing with the patcher. Everything worked fine, even with long filenames. Maybe its the Java version. What version of Java are you using? The patcher requires Java JRE 7.
    03-15-14 08:50 PM
    How long does it take. It seems stalled on

Google Maps v2 dependencies detected
    03-15-14 09:10 PM
    All in all maybe 2 min. What File are you trying to patch?

Sent from my Q10 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-15-14 09:21 PM
    All in all maybe 2 min. What File are you trying to patch?

Sent from my Q10 using CB Forums mobile app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...thercastermini

Thanks for the reply. I tried both with and without the resources options.
    03-15-14 09:48 PM
    Does anyone know if this fixed clash of clans? That way you can long into your Google+ account.
    03-16-14 12:25 AM
    Does anyone know if this fixed clash of clans? That way you can long into your Google+ account.
    No, still can't do that.
    Cross likes this.
    03-16-14 12:32 AM
    I did some testing with the patcher. Everything worked fine, even with long filenames. Maybe its the Java version. What version of Java are you using? The patcher requires Java JRE 7.
    Hi great it works now..amazing... I had jre6 after installing jre7 it's started to working fine . Thanks a lot for your quick help. :-)

Posted via awesome Z30 thru CB10
    03-16-14 12:51 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...thercastermini

Thanks for the reply. I tried both with and without the resources options.
    Worked on my machine. Can you enable debug mode in options, patch again and then post the content of the log window?
    Are you running the patcher in a virtualized environment (Virtual Box or similar)? If yes, it may take very long to patch.

For your convenience, I patched of Weathercaster, download here.
    03-16-14 04:48 AM
    Patcher issue appears RESOLVED. I was running it on a server disk and I guess it did not like it. I moved the program, lib folder and the apk to my C: drive and it worked. Now I will have to see if the patched apk runs or still implodes. But thanks for the TOOL. I'm sure that it will come in handy for other apk files.

Worked on my machine. Can you enable debug mode in options, patch again and then post the content of the log window?
    Are you running the patcher in a virtualized environment (Virtual Box or similar)? If yes, it may take very long to patch.

For your convenience, I patched of Weathercaster, download here.
    Thanks. But the patched apk file did not work. On the Z10 (OS 10.2.1.2102/2141) I got a quick prompt when installing - cannot install. The icon is on my Z10 but it immediately implodes.

But I will try the debug. Running Vista home premium 64. Started at 6:30am and will report back.

edited to add log file at 6:45 (15 minutes)

[Decompiling with resources]
    I: Using Apktool 2.0.0-Beta9 on com.belo.weathercastermini-16.apk
    I: Loading resource table...
    I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
    I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\Owner\apktool\framework\1.apk
    I: Regular manifest package...
    I: Decoding file-resources...
    I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
    I: Baksmaling...
    I: Copying assets and libs...
    I: Copying unknown files/dir...
    Done.
    [Checking for Google dependencies]

And that's where it continues to stall???? Oh, and when it stalls, I canNOT close the Window where Gpatcher is running. I have to use the Windows Task Manager to Kill the process.
    Last edited by F2; 03-16-14 at 08:58 AM.
    03-16-14 08:34 AM
    Just leaving a comment, will read all later
    Amazing work

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 08:37 AM
    Patcher issue appears RESOLVED. I was running it on a server disk and I guess it did not like it. I moved the program, lib folder and the apk to my C: drive and it worked. Now I will have to see if the patched apk runs or still implodes. But thanks for the TOOL. I'm sure that it will come in handy for other apk files.
    Good to hear it works now. The problem you described that you cannot install the patched app is due to a certificate mismatch of the unpatched version on your device and the new patched version. To solve this you should follow these steps:

1. Delete any previously installed unpatched version of the app from your device
    2. Reboot your device
    3. Install patched version of the app

It then should work.
    03-16-14 09:27 AM
    Good to hear it works now. The problem you described that you cannot install the patched app is due to a certificate mismatch of the unpatched version on your device and the new patched version. To solve this you should follow these steps:

1. Delete any previously installed unpatched version of the app from your device
    2. Reboot your device
    3. Install patched version of the app

It then should work.
    I made sure all versions were gone (they were and I checked with Chrome and Playbook App Manager). I rebooted. But I still get could not install. Then I try again and it offers OPEN. But then implodes. I used the apk version you provided in the link.
    03-16-14 10:19 AM
    Check with ghost commander, and try a hard reset via volume keys. I've had that happen to me a few times, and a hard reset or two seems to clear it up.
    03-16-14 10:32 AM
    Did you install Google play services From the Output folder?

Edit: Just installed it myself. Something is going wrong indeed. Looking into it right now.
    TheRaff and Abhinav9931 like this.
    03-16-14 10:32 AM
    Hi please assist. appreciate your work, thanks.

[Decompiling with resources]
    I: Using Apktool 2.0.0-Beta9 on sg.org.newcreation.ncc-1.apk
    I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
    I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\Joseph\apktool\framework\1.apk
    I: Regular manifest package...
    I: Decoding file-resources...
    I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
    I: Baksmaling...
    I: Copying assets and libs...
    I: Copying unknown files/dir...
    Done.
    [Checking for Google dependencies]
    Google Play Services dependencies in GooglePlayServicesUtil.smali detected
    [Replacing Google Maps v2 API key in AndroidManifest]
    Done.
    [Patching Google Play Services]
    Done.
    [Rebuilding]
    I: Using Apktool 2.0.0-Beta9 on sg.org.newcreation.ncc-1
    I: Checking whether sources has changed...
    I: Smaling...
    I: Checking whether resources has changed...
    I: Building resources...
    Error: Package cannot be recompiled. Disable decompilation of resources in options and try again.
    03-16-14 12:12 PM
    Is this patcher works for games like Candy Crush saga...

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:13 PM
    Hi please assist. appreciate your work, thanks.
    This package cannot be recompiled due to a problem with the included resources. It's a problem in APKTool that does the de- and recompiling. You can try to patch it without resources (disable the flag in options). This will remove the Google Play dependencies, but Maps will not be patched.
    03-16-14 12:23 PM
    Could this method work with games that rely on G services?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:30 PM
    Did you install Google play services From the Output folder?

Edit: Just installed it myself. Something is going wrong indeed. Looking into it right now.
    Thanks but maybe it is just one of those apps. Since it is from a local TV station, it might really depend on google maps or other services to find the nearby weather.
    shynepapin likes this.
    03-16-14 12:31 PM
    Thanks but maybe it is just one of those apps. Since it is from a local TV station, it might really depend on google maps or other services to find the nearby weather.
    I now know what causes the problems. The app is not correctly recompiled, the smali code throws errors everywhere. APKTool (part of the patcher that does the de-/recompiling) has some limitations and it looks like this specific app can not be fixed. Sorry for this :-(
    FF22 likes this.
    03-16-14 12:36 PM
    Could this method work with games that rely on G services?

Posted via CB10
    If you refer to loging in to Google Play to save game states etc. the answer is no. You may want to try the Google Login Services instead to see if it fixes something. Get it here
    03-16-14 12:40 PM
    This package cannot be recompiled due to a problem with the included resources. It's a problem in APKTool that does the de- and recompiling. You can try to patch it without resources (disable the flag in options). This will remove the Google Play dependencies, but Maps will not be patched.
    Thanks for the prompt reply. will try.
    03-16-14 12:44 PM
    I'm trying to patch Navigon US/CAN
    The program tells me there is nothing to patch, but the app continuously asks for a connection to the "Google server" and to make sure i'm logged in to the "Android Market"
    I can supply you the apk if you can have a look.

Thanks
    03-16-14 01:14 PM
    I'm trying to patch Navigon US/CAN
    The program tells me there is nothing to patch, but the app continuously asks for a connection to the "Google server" and to make sure i'm logged in to the "Android Market"
    I can supply you the apk if you can have a look.

Thanks
    Post the apk and I'll look into it.
    03-16-14 01:53 PM
4,042 1234 ...