--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Play Services Patcher (formerly GMaps Patcher)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use this tool to patch Android apps that display the error message "Google Play Services is not supported on your device". The tool removes signature checks from the app, allowing it to work together with my pre-patched Google Play Services. You can download the pre-patched Google Play Services here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Does this work with all apps?
    The success rate of the patcher is very high, but there are some apps that can't be patched. This is not because the patcher doesn't work, it's rather because the app is blocked by the developer to run on the Blackberry Android runtime. An example for this is SnapChat, which is blocked by the developer.

Some examples of successfully patched Android apps:
    Allmost all Google apps (Maps, Youtube, Music, etc), Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Hailocab, Adidas Micoach, Lyft, Glympse, Strava Running, Google My Tracks, Football Italia, Paypal and many more.

How do I patch my Android app?
    Download and unzip Play Services Patcher to a folder and then run it. Select the desired Android app (apk file) and press the Analyze button. The patcher will do it's magic and create a patched version in the \output folder. Copy the patched apk file to your Blackberry device and then install it as usual. Remember that you must have installed my pre-patched Google Play Services on the device for this to work.

Do not attempt patch the following apps (it simply won't work):
    * Google Play Services
    * Google Play Store
    * Goolge Play Games

These apps require a special treatment and can only be patched by myself. If you want to use those apps, you can download the pre-patched versions from my Google Apps landing page:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Important notes
    If you run Play Services Patcher for the first time, you'll have to verify the Java path in the "Path" tab. The default path may not be correct for your setup. The path MUST end with Java.exe as shown in the example below:

correct:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_40\bin\java.exe

wrong:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_40\bin\

Download Link Play Services Patcher
    Download Play Services Patcher 1.4 [Released November 15, 2015]
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S861C2793C...6898FDFF816FF8

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-donate-cobalts-work.gif

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY WORK WITH A DONATION!

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-play-services-patcher.png

Backup old Version 1.3.1:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!5QkhiCgR!yQd3n1...wqSlHdVrHSvO6Y

Confused, frustrated and needing more detailed help? Look at this post for step by step help, before posting a question.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 07-28-16 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Added link to step by step
    03-14-14 03:25 PM
    Great work to everyone involved. I have 1 question. Is it possible to patch paid Android apps? If so, where do I find the apk file?

Thank you
    Jason

Posted via CB10
    Nuri Wulansari likes this.
    03-14-14 04:03 PM
    Great work to everyone involved. I have 1 question. Is it possible to patch paid Android apps? If so, where do I find the apk file?

Thank you
    Jason

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is. You will have to download the paid apk either using a rooted android device, an android emulator (bluestacks?), or my preferred method of signing up at barinstall.com and setting up your Google play credentials from snap there. It will allow you to download an apk's you've purchased on your Google play account.
    extisis and millwright40 like this.
    03-14-14 04:15 PM
    Is this just for maps or could it assist apps such as Plex / netflix that use play services to access chromecast?

I have a Chromecast but the only app that currently works is YouTube....

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:19 PM
    Yes it is. You will have to download the paid apk either using a rooted android device, an android emulator (bluestacks?), or my preferred method of signing up at barinstall.com and setting up your Google play credentials from snap there. It will allow you to download an apk's you've purchased on your Google play account.
    Thanks. I managed to get the version of Runtastic on Google Play store downloaded. However, this tool stated it doesn't need to be patched and this version doesn't work on BB10 anyway. I guess I am SOL unless there is a way to get the APK off my BB.

J

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by killarneygetaway; 03-14-14 at 06:27 PM.
    03-14-14 05:40 PM
    Thanks. I managed to get the version of Runtastic on Google Play store downloaded. However, this tool stated it doesn't need to be patched and this version doesn't work on BB10 anyway. I guess I am SOL unless there is a way to get the APK off my BB.

J

Posted via CB10
    You're experiencing the bug found in v.0.1 outlined here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...l#post10109437

Basically, you need to specify your java path in the options tab, or else it'll say "nothing to patch" (though if you get the newest version 0.3 it should spit out an error at least, rather than say "nothing to patch". I just attempted to patch the free version of runtastic, and it detected the maps api dependency, but rebuilding posed an issue (so you may still be SOL).

Perhaps cobalt or christian can help us with this one (though i suspect it's a limitation of apktool)... one of you guys want to give this one a shot?
    https://app.box.com/s/k8tjmt3mn9jm2giu4yo1
    Last edited by Sally Mack; 03-14-14 at 10:16 PM.
    pdhartog likes this.
    03-14-14 08:29 PM
    where can i find the patched output file??
    03-14-14 09:11 PM
    where can i find the patched output file??
    In the "output" folder... and it ends in "patched"
    03-14-14 10:08 PM
    Perhaps cobalt or christian can help us with this one (though i suspect it's a limitation of apktool)... one of you guys want to give this one a shot?
    https://app.box.com/s/k8tjmt3mn9jm2giu4yo1
    I looked into Runtastic app and it is as Sally Mack stated: It's a limitation of APK-tool not being able to recompile the resources. You can de/recompile without resources, but then the API key can not be replaced in Androidmanifest, so you will still be left with an empty map.

Our only chance is to wait for a newer version of APK tool that can handle the resources problem. The interested may want to follow the current issues list of APK tool here:
    https://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/issues/list
    03-15-14 03:47 AM
    Thanks for your help gentlemen. This is getting a little above my skills. I guess I will just have to live with it for now.

J

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 06:41 AM
    Excelent work!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 07:19 AM
    *Subscribing* so I can find this thread again when I'm near a computer! :-)

Thanks so much for this, looks great!

Posted via CB10
    shashiraz, thurman and danniely like this.
    03-15-14 08:14 AM
    This is an awesome tool! Going to try this a little later today. Now if someone could somehow spoof the phone into thinking it's "rooted" to then install and run AdAway I would ditch Android 100%
    03-15-14 10:26 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for teh great work. I am having an issu eiwth installing groupon. When i tried to install it thru SNAP, it said, it needs a Google play services, So, i used this patcher, but it says no patch required.
    Will this patcher only for Gmaps or Google play also?
    03-15-14 01:03 PM
    I downloaded Groupon and patched it with the patcher. The patcher reported that the app uses Google Maps V2 API and Google Play. It removed both dependencies.

Did you download the version of the patcher you found in the first post?
    03-15-14 02:26 PM
    Nice job. Works well. Just took Google Play Services dependency out of SnapChat.
    TamamAlti likes this.
    03-15-14 05:19 PM
    M... Mac? Or if someone can provide the SnapChat patched apk? *pokes oldsoul123*
    03-15-14 05:25 PM
    I downloaded Groupon and patched it with the patcher. The patcher reported that the app uses Google Maps V2 API and Google Play. It removed both dependencies.

Did you download the version of the patcher you found in the first post?
    Yes, I did download the v0.3 patcher, pls see this picture
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-groupon_patch_issue-2-.png

Posted via awesome Z30 thru CB10
    03-15-14 05:36 PM
    Can you enable debug Mode and repatch. Then please Post the log.

Sent from my Q10 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-15-14 05:38 PM
    Can you enable debug Mode and repatch. Then please Post the log.

Still the same. Not sure what I'm missing.
    How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-groupon_patch_issue_1.png

03-15-14 05:49 PM
    Please copy the patcher to c:\gmaps_patcher. I believe your path is to long. The File is Not being decompiled

Stef007 likes this.
    03-15-14 06:05 PM
    Please copy the patcher to c:\gmaps_patcher. I believe your path is to long. The File is Not being decompiled

Hi .. I still see the same issue. Please se the picture. I have the patcher and apk in the c:/, and it still doesn't work. :-(

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-groupon_patch_issue_2.png
    03-15-14 06:23 PM
    Hi .. I still see the same issue. Please se the picture. I have the patcher and apk in the c:/, and it still doesn't work. :-(

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Groupon_patch_issue_2.png 
Views:	25362 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	255359
    I think he meant move the GMap folder to the C: drive, not the APK.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 06:28 PM
    Yes, I have the patcher in C:\ drive. In fact I have the patcher and lib folder in C drive

spiculated likes this.
    03-15-14 06:39 PM
    Yes, I have the patcher in C:\ drive. In fact I have the patcher and lib folder in C drive

Ok, good you reported this, we will find out why it doesn't work. Can you post the apk file? I'll give it a try on my machine.
    And just to be sure: You do have Java runtime installed on your machine, right?

Meanwhile, you can use this patched version of groupon
    03-15-14 06:46 PM
4,042 123 ...